User-serviceable home convection vape?

anycolouryoulike

Long time lurker, first time poster and I'm looking to get a new vape with primarily home use in mind. It doesn't have to be battery-powered necessarily, but it seems like the convenient way to go.

Ideally I'd like:
Must use 18650 or other readily available user-replaceable battery(if battery-powered)
Convection preferred
All glass/ceramic vapor path preferred
Easy to clean
Probably some form of temperature control, doesn't have to be by the degree

A vape that ticks almost all the boxes for me is the Venus Apollo, but looking at the model-specific thread the company's been hard to reach which raises questions about warranty etc. in the future, and I'd prefer more traditional knobs and buttons for controls. Vapexhale Evo is very nice, but the special glass tube inside means I might have to send it for servicing if I ever drop it once. Mighty/crafty -> propietary battery pack is a dealbreaker. I've looked at others as well(Ghost MV1, Firefly 2) and I'm willing to forego glass vapor path if I must.

Budget isn't really an issue, I'm willing to spend for the right vape that will last me a long time. I'll be purchasing in Europe, however.

Thank you for reading. I'm grateful for any recommendations!

anycolouryoulike,
Reactions: arb

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
What about the NewVape FlowerPot, very little to break other than your glass piece. I would recommend ordering a back-up coil. Respect! -YaMon

anycolouryoulike

What about the NewVape FlowerPot, very little to break other than your glass piece. I would recommend ordering a back-up coil. Respect! -YaMon
Interesting looking vape! Personally I think there's certain elegance to it, but I suspect my partner(who will also be using it) will think there are too many parts to set up. I'll have to run it by them ;)

anycolouryoulike,

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Venus Apollo Interesting vape.
Personally I am partial to the solo ll.
It may not hit all the items on your wish list but the big built in battery should be good for years.

hans solo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Arizer Air I and II checks everything on the list, but I'm confused by the battery requirement yet you wanting a "home vape". You want a battery powered vape to use at home? Airs are great at home, but a little less portable than others because of those glass stems.

Splineter might technically also check all the boxes, if your mod has a removeable battery.

For cable-pwoered vapes, there might be more options checking all the boxes.

For example: E-Nano (very simple, and probably the most common, yet still rare issue is a disconnected wire, that you could reattach yourself)

EQ (all of the glass is user-replaceable and cheap and widely available, but I wouldn'T really recommend it, because you could get much better vapes that also tick all the boxes)

SSV, DBV, LSV (classics, very simple, check all your boxes, the glass can also be user-replaced, but it'S a little more expensive than EQ's)

And probably more...

Last edited:
Seek,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Interesting looking vape! Personally I think there's certain elegance to it, but I suspect my partner(who will also be using it) will think there are too many parts to set up. I'll have to run it by them ;)

Extremely easy to setup, especially if you buy their coil and PID. Fantastic vape for one or many people especially if you purchase a second Adjustabowl. If you have a few glass pieces laying around it’s a no brainer. Respect! -YaMon

Last edited:

anycolouryoulike

Arizer Air I and II checks everything on the list, but I'm confused by the battery requirement yet you wanting a "home vape". You want a battery powered vape to use at home? Airs are great at home, but a little less portable than others because of those glass stems.

Splineter might technically also check all the boxes, if your mod has a removeable battery.

For cable-pwoered vapes, there might be more options checking all the boxes.

For example: E-Nano (very simple, and probably the most common, yet still rare issue is a disconnected wire, that you could reattach yourself)

EQ (all of the glass is user-replaceable and cheap and widely available, but I wouldn'T really recommend it, because you could get much better vapes that also tick all the boxes)

SSV, DBV, LSV (classics, very simple, check all your boxes, the glass can also be user-replaced, but it'S a little more expensive than EQ's)

And probably more...

What I mean is I'm open to either a cable- or battery-powered home vape. But if it's battery powered I must be able to replace the batteries myself. Partially because the idea of shipping a used vape somewhere for repairs, even after it's been cleaned, makes me nervous as my country is pretty far from decriminalization, let alone legalization.

I'd consider the Mighty(for example) mostly a home vape since it's too large to comfortably fit in your pocket.

I've started looking into log vapes as they're very elegant, compact and clearly well-loved... but practically impossible to come by in Europe. I did contact HGL, but I think he might have his hands full with his waiting list.

Milaana or Splinter?
I'll look into these, thank you.

Last edited:
anycolouryoulike,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Oh, I didn't notice you are in Europe. Yes, E-Nano and most other logs are USA only and hard to bring to Europe (but possible if you really want to).
I'm European too and I've bought 2 nanos from FC memember in the Classified section. So you might watch that forum and get one if it pops up there.
Also there is at least one European log vape. At least I think, I've just checked and the WAyrchwood that is made in Uk has been discontinues, don't know if there are other ones.
All logs have a great reputation, the other ones are usualy more artistic than E-Nano (cut into different shapes), but I prefer nano because I like it's simplicity, it's metal inner lining, it's fast heatup (even when I run it all day) and it's wattage control.

Also there is a difference between portables Mighty ang cable vapes. Cable vapes are always going to perform better than portables, unless they're garbage. So if you want that and you are already going to be using at home only, then a cable vape might be a better choice. No cord can be somewhat freeing that you can walk around with the vape and never trip over the cable etc, but is that important? And even if Mighty can't fit in your pocket, you could still fit it in a backpack or something, and fire it up on the go without any power socket nearby.

Edit: this one is also in EU and it doesn't say its discontinued:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/homegrownlogs.21299/

Seek,

Vaporware

The FlowerPot looks a lot more complicated than it is. It takes a few mins to set up initially, but after that you just lift the head off of the post it’s stored on, put it on the bowl and start breathing in. :)

The only real concern I think is that the head is very hot metal, so it’s not great for really clumsy people. Even pretty stoned users are generally fine though. You just have to be able to pick it up by the handle and place it on the bowl or post without dropping it on yourself/the floor/etc. I’ve never had a problem.

One of the best things about the FP is that it is nearly indestructible. You’ll eventually have to replace the coil and possibly the controller someday, but that should take years and all you’d have to do is order another part. The rest is all titanium and will easily outlive a person.

Even if you did ship the coil or controller though, you could credibly claim it had another use and it shouldn’t have residue on it.

If you want a portable, I’ll second the Nomad since it’s a beautiful hand-built device with removable battery, even a removable/replaceable heater, and the rest of it is a pretty simple (but well thought out) user serviceable design.

I haven’t been able to buy a Nomad yet due to the waiting list, but I do have a FlowerPot and I use it all the time. :freak:

Vaporware,

sickmanfraud

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
MUSA seems coll and all, and maybe could classify as a log, as it is a wooden cylinder with a "simple" heater inside, but I think it's has a lot of differences to other logs.
Logs have a reputation of being really tough and almost unbreakable, MUSA has a glass core.
Log vapes have simple resistor heaters (or a ceramic rod like E-Nano which is similar), The MUSA has a lightbulb.
Log vapes are great for running them all day, they can be hot for extended ammount of time and draw little power (about 5-15W i think)
The MUSA should not be running when you are not using, the lightbulb can have a limited lifespan, and I found a post in its thread that someone is running it at 35 watts.
And log vapes typicaly hae evry smal bowls. The MUSA has a 18mm joint, so it can fit a huge bowl, like a VapeXhale ELB.

And the OP wants something that doesn't break or could be easily user-repaired. I don't think that applies to MUSA and you could repalace the glass core or lightbulb when it breaks.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
MUSA seems coll and all, and maybe could classify as a log, as it is a wooden cylinder with a "simple" heater inside, but I think it's has a lot of differences to other logs.
Logs have a reputation of being really tough and almost unbreakable, MUSA has a glass core.
Log vapes have simple resistor heaters (or a ceramic rod like E-Nano which is similar), The MUSA has a lightbulb.
Log vapes are great for running them all day, they can be hot for extended ammount of time and draw little power (about 5-15W i think)
The MUSA should not be running when you are not using, the lightbulb can have a limited lifespan, and I found a post in its thread that someone is running it at 35 watts.
And log vapes typicaly hae evry smal bowls. The MUSA has a 18mm joint, so it can fit a huge bowl, like a VapeXhale ELB.

And the OP wants something that doesn't break or could be easily user-repaired. I don't think that applies to MUSA and you could repalace the glass core or lightbulb when it breaks.
Yep MUSA was the first in my mind after reading the OP . It is 100% user service-able,glass joint are easily replaced if broken and costs a little as the halogen bulbs it uses for heat source.

anycolouryoulike

Thank you for the heads up on the Musa. I actually like it a lot! I used to own a Venus and liked the halogen heat source. Plus it looks like the maker is active here on FC as well, which is nice.

Building something similar might actually make a nice project, though that would take time so I'll buy something before that in any case.

anycolouryoulike,

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Building something similar might actually make a nice project, though that would take time so I'll buy something before that in any case.

If you're looking for building s/t yourself, I'll point you to my DIY thread here...
'Da Cork Bomber' - Make Shift Homemade Log Vape

Edit: Halogen logs were more at the beginning of that thread, though these were still less refined yet. Gets more refined within the last few pages.

Last edited:
blokenoname,
Reactions: Megaton

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
It seems like the company offering the Apollo and its sibling vapes has surfaced again- I would simply consider taking advantage and starting to save up for one-my own concern with them has been the seasonal disappearance-which I have learned is their holiday, but I only learned that because of this community, and wish that they had a professional way of announcing the hiatus. I personally will be saving up for an Apollo 2, 50watt
I second the recommendation for the firewood 5, even if it is U.S. based-also, Lotus vaporizers has been excellent, very easy to clean-and you're in luck. Just today as a Max released a second glass stem for it-at this point it would be mostly glass, using that stem, or a Jhook-I have been very happy with the long aluminum for years, I will be picking up the newest glass stem too.

Dreamwood, and Vapman are both also EU based,and Durable but butane-

Vapeur Rogue,

anycolouryoulike

Thank you @blokenoname. When time permits I will go through the entire thread. Thank you for sharing so much information with the community.

@Vapeur Rogue I love the design of the Apollo, but the way they've been running the company so far does not inspire confidence so I'll have to think whether I want to get into business with them.

I've scoured the internet for a vaporizer I really liked and haven't found the "perfect" one. Thankfully I have a loaner pen vape which I've been using for now(although it really isn't a good one). It looks like the Cloud EVO can be had for a more reasonable price now, but I really wish they sold the bamboo as a spare.

Maybe one day Herborizer will release the digital Ti model and it'll have a combined power supply/control box. If it does, I'll probably just buy that one.

Top Bottom