US House amendment restraing DOJ and DEA

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Off topic but I hope folks find for worthwhile reason. Today the United States House of Representatives will be voting on an Amendment that would prevent the Department of Justice and DEA from interfering with State Cannabis Laws. IF passed it would protect individuals, patients and businesses in ANY state that has passed a medical marijuana law or a recreational marijuana law. The debate will be broadcast live on cspan and house.gov meanwhile, take a moment to go to House.gov find your member of Congress and CALL them to ask them to vote YES on the Mcclintock/Polis Amendment to the Commerce Justice and Science (CJS) appropriations bill!

Last year the Amendment for Medical Marijuana passed by 1 vote so drop what you're doing and call your Congressman, this is what they are for!

Polis Questions DEA on Marijuana Policy

mod note: Three posts merged and moved from the Grasshopper thread

Last edited by a moderator:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Off topic but I hope folks find for worthwhile reason. Today the United States House of Representatives will be voting on an Amendment that would prevent the Department of Justice and DEA from interfering with State Cannabis Laws. IF passed it would protect individuals, patients and businesses in ANY state that has passed a medical marijuana law or a recreational marijuana law. The debate will be broadcast live on cspan and house.gov meanwhile, take a moment to go to House.gov find your member of Congress and CALL them to ask them to vote YES on the Mcclintock/Polis Amendment to the Commerce Justice and Science (CJS) appropriations bill!

Last year the Amendment for Medical Marijuana passed by 1 vote so drop what you're doing and call your Congressman, this is what they are for!

Polis Questions DEA on Marijuana Policy

mod note: Three posts merged and moved from the Grasshopper thread
Mixed bag of news, the Amendment to protect the right of states to legalize medical cannabis passed ...BIG, as well as Amendments to protect Hemp (with another big one on the way) and CBD oil programs, however the Amendment to also protect state Recreational Cannabis laws fell 12 votes short, 206 votes is 50 more than last year so on balance a great day in Congress for Cannabis

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
3O8uOmoe0-OFWjYlrASb0y7XoWnEJbAfnTegBztAkAn6QzRI1_sljTt6uXMTr1dX_6SmCWybaAkS5lAibhe44UbmuTfroH5Wma1MS397atkxFRr69PGjnpc_-JqYL5zz-gwdr10-BoYirW3PrYeyjLGj6ElhzhihD3Th6d26amJoaSB9zxSbVHi1ngt0XxHEVk5lVKKuIHFZfzpIu2k=s0-d-e1-ft
Medical cannabis patients scored another big victory today when the US House of Representatives voted 242 to 186 (the largest Congressional vote for medical cannabis yet) to prevent the Department of Justice from spending any money to interfere in the implementation of state medical cannabis laws.

This is important enough I wanted to add another statement showing the vote wow 242 to 186. This is part of the Americans for Safe Access letter I received today.

Top Bottom