Urge to Smoke. Is it because I'm smoking the wrong herb?

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I believe I mostly purchase Sativa around these parts. This is nice for when I have nothing to do for a whole day or a weekend, but what about nights? I am someone who used to love to wake and bake, but overmore, smoking has always been a part of my nightly ritual. So my question is, could my urge to smoke instead of vape my current stash be in part due to the fact that I have Sativa, when I should be seeking Indica?

Cereal_MF,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You do not mention how long you have been vaping/ trying not to smoke, but yeah, that is very possible.

I use mj for insomnia as well and I'll only buy Indica's or Indica dominant hybrids. But we probably have a little more choice here if you're not in a medical state.

Have you tried vaping a bit more than usual or does that take to much time with your little LB?

I find that the vape itself can also be a big factor in satisfyingly medicating, perhaps you just need a bigger piece of wood :tup:

OhTheAgony,

Cereal_MF

Very new to vaping. I find its more the type of high than its intensity that im talkin about.
However u are definitely right i think. Ill need to purchase a more heavy duty vape in the long run, especially if i totly cease to smoke

Cereal_MF,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
yea you gotta get a vape that you can use naturally, so it can replace the smoking habit with a really better experience

Roger D,

Cereal_MF

What do u mean use naturally? I suppose what you mean is that even tho the MFLB does the trick, it produces nothing in comparison to a desktop vape. I think my next step is gonna be to get the PA for the MFLB, keep vapin n such, and be jelly :)

Even though I'm still smoking my herb on occasion, It's definitely a lot less. Even in this past week I've probably cut my usage in half or even quarters compared to the amount I was smoking the few weeks prior.

Cereal_MF,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I fully stopped combusting once I got my Arizer EQ, WISPR, and my VapeXhale Cloud. The Cloud is the best vape, in my opinion, and it is almost close enough to smoking for me.

newVaper420,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Yeah the cloud looks tempting
I already have the volcano & minivap witch covers all my needs for the moment
Looking for the upcoming generation
But If I had no good home vape I would totally go for it. Water filtration is a must

Roger D,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
...even tho the MFLB does the trick, it produces nothing in comparison to a desktop vape.

This is only true if you don't know how to use your LB. I have the PA and I could easily get by with that combination as my only vapourizer. It is definitely easier to get clouds from the SSV or DBV and if your tolerance is really high then the LB might not be fast enough for you. On the other hand, the idea that it produces nothing compared to a desktop is just plain wrong. (Not saying that's your idea, just that it is a widely held myth.)

pakalolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The best part of the LB is the fact that you rarely (if ever) see it coming. I am still amazed when I use my LB, as by the time I am in the middle of loading my 2nd trench the first one hits me... Hard...

The only drawback is the fact that it doesnt 'feel' as satisfying (as opposed to a big hitter pulling those milk hits and choking madly) not to mention it takes a wee bit longer to finish my trench. But damn if it doesnt deliver.

One of these millennium I will get the PA for it. :D

AGBeer,

Cereal_MF

The mflb PA. However im going to look into the cloud now especially if its that deserving of appluse!

Cereal_MF,

djonkoman

maybe you're just not vaping exclusively enough, I've been a mixed vaporst-combuster for a long time, since I was never a big combuster, and started vaping for the high, so I didn't have a strong incentive to stop combusting once in a while(mostly as variation, when I wanted a different effect, or just got an urge to combust)
this shifted towards only combusting when I'm with friends, or a situation where vaping is too inconvenient(festival, some parties etc).
but this summer I have had a period of a few weeks where I haven't really hung out with friends(we have a regular bar and I'm used to just going to the bar and always meeting people there, but lately a part of my friends is going to another bar more, wich I didn't know yet, so I kept meeting no one the times I went to the city)
and now combusting barely gets me high, wich I discovered during a session with a friend who had been away in the summer, he hadn't smoked for a frew weeks(and already is morecsensitive to weed, alcohol etc usually), so after a joint he was really high, I just noticed a slight effect(and a slight headache-like feeling). loaded a bowl in my VG, wich was much less as what went into the joint but lasted a lot longer, and that got me much higher as that joint.
so now I'm switching to vapor around friends too, mostly because of that period of a few weeks exclusive vaporisation

Cereal_MF

Althought I have not vaped for the last few weeks at all really, I must say that It gets you to where u want to be. Hopefully Ill be vaping a lot more as the climate chills, and in turn becoming more involved in vape-related discussion. I must add that I have both the MFLB + PA, and yes, It is all I can ask for, and more?

Cereal_MF,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
hey cereal_mf, have you thought about something like a solo where you can take big or small hits to suit you , I tried vaping before and could not make the switch as i missed the ritual i have of rolling and toking while watching something on my iphone, Now i can hit the solo for around 5-10mins on one bowl and feel blown and also kinda feel like i am toking still. Just my thoughts and good luck with what ever you choose

Cereal_MF

I have my rituals as well which are more out of habit than for practicality. However, ive been cutting down a lot on the amount i use per sesh since smoking more as opposed to less was not only worsening my mood swings, but i also realised that when u get baked u wanna reach a certain point. You can easily go way past this point by smoking too much, and experience bodily discomfort, paranoia, and mental restlessness. On the other hand i noticed that when i vape, i usually end up at my goal, its never overkill.

Cereal_MF,

SunnyHours

I have that urge to smoke too...and I find it's just like when you stop smoking cigarettes. You feel like smoking, even though you are already satisfied, and when you crack and decide to smoke you realize that you haven't been missing anything.
I actually enjoy my buzz way more when I vape now. I get all the medical benefits, and probably twice as much as before vaping and I'm more conscious. Like I'm more awake, but as relaxed as when I smoked...
I also only need like 2 Solo stems(0.1g) 2-3 times a day. So I save a lot of money compared to 10 bong hits of 0.1g throughout my day.

SunnyHours,
Top Bottom