Upgrading from the MFLB..Crafty?

southafrib

Hey FC community

New to the forums..spoke to some helpful people last night on the FC chat. Basically ive been a joint/bong smoker for a few years now. I bought the MFLB 2 years back and i got over it a few months in, the continuos change of batteries and vaping techniques etc.. just became a hassle. Ive decided to make my way back to the vaping side of things. Ive read a bunch of reviews online and the consensus seems to be that the best portable vape would be the Crafty. However, many people seem to be having hassles with the Crafty - im not sure whether or not these were the older models prior to 2016? I would love to here some suggestions and experiences with the Crafty? Do any other brands surpass S&B for portability? Im looking for a vape that would get me properly baked..the battery downside on the crafty wouldnt phase me because i would mostly use it at my place.

Many thanks in advance,
South

southafrib,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Welcome!

Im looking for a vape that would get me properly baked
Well every real dry herb vaporizer I own can get me properly baked - the only question is how long it takes and how many times I need to refill the oven. (Just like cars - most can get you from point A to point B - but some do it in style, some do it faster, some can hold more weight).

The biggest differences you'll find in portable vaporizers are vapor flavor (some vapes taste better), vapor density (some produce bigger clouds/faster extraction), heat up times (some take 5 seconds, others take minutes to get fully running at temperature), and battery life.

Do any other brands surpass S&B for portability
Depends on how you define portability. Are you looking for something to keep loaded in your pocket ready to go? Or are you looking for something to carry in a bookbag with accessories?

How much time do you have to dedicate to a vape session? Are you looking for a quick single hitter, or do you want a porch-rocker laid-back vaporizer? Are you sharing with friends or vaping alone? Do you vape for pain relief and need high temperatures or do you prefer low temperature vaping?

The Crafty is an ok vaporizer, the Mighty is nicer, but it's not as stealthy. There is no "best" vaporizer, only what works best for you and your specific needs.

southafrib

Thanks for the reply Ratchett! Well friends come over to my place often but thats not my main requirement (group sessions) .. Im mostly smoking it while watching some netflix - or doing work on the PC. However i do mission around alot so having the portability factor would be a great benefit which is why I am not looking into a desktop vape. Ive never experienced temp changes with vapes because ive only tried the MFLB before, so im clueless on that side of things (have got a ecig mod box vape though, which i prefer slightly lower temps)

The Mighty does look very nice in terms of the pass through charging and double battery life, however its pretty large and id rather get a crafty over the mighty. What are the current top 3 contenders in vaping portability? Do you have any idea how many bowls the crafty can put out before having to charge it again? I probably would smoke 0.6g per day if 0.3 is a full bowl...

What vape are you currently using?

Thanks again!:)

Last edited:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Welcome to FC!

I got some great advice from @CarolKing ..

All and any Vaporizer you are considering buying, please check out the last 20-25 pages of each of their respective threads...
This will give you an idea to how many folks are loving their units, and if people are having any commonly shared griefs or commonly shared joys.

I share the same exact feelings as expressed by @Ratchett ..

The "best vaporizer" is contingent upon the consumers wants, needs and intentions.

Read through the Portable section...

I really love my Solo, and The Firewood 3 is a winner too.

Solo has a relatively easy learning curve, where as the FW requires some practice.

If you're coming from combustion, I recommend a butane powered Unit..
Like the Vapman, or Lotus..

I saw a video by @IAmKrazy2 using the Supreme 3 today, and of course...
Now I want one.

Again, welcome aboard.

horst

horsed
Good device combo. I got my crafty in late 2014 and used it 80 hours as the app states, not a single problem yet. :tup:
If you can live with the relative slow heatup time between 2 and 3 minutes you will like it, you can fill the gap with your launchbox. ;)

horst,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Just tested my Mighty. 2 of 6 bars of battery used. It took 69 seconds to reach 185c. Things a beast. This is what you get with 2 batteries.

Plus with the Mighty you have a temp screen on the unit. With the Crafty you have to do the temperature on your iphone app. I didn't like the sound of that when deciding between the Crafty or the Mighty, sounded like a pain in the butt.

So for these reasons I feel the Mighty is a stronger unit, and also less hassle. It should last you longer as 2 batteries will take longer to wear down.

I used my Mighty in a busy central park yesterday. No one batted an eye lid. Then I used it walking around a posh north London postcode. No one batted an eye lid. The Mighty to me is a portable. The way it looks is so sterile that I feel it's stealth in this way.

Top Bottom