• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Upcoming visit to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hi folks, I was going to post this in the vapes on planes thread as I am traveling to Denver this week and driving around the state looking for my new home. I have a crafty but don't want any trouble, so I'm leaving it behind. I think it's a risk not worth taking. That being said, where I will be staying doesn't have any smoking rooms, so I am going to be limited on how I can consume.

Anyone have any tips for me? Some of the shops in the area mentioned outdoor "Green space" where you can use, but it seems like that's not legal. I don't want to be that person making bad press if something were to happen.

I was suggested the o-pen cartridges I guess? To hook up to my e-cig. I use flowers exclusively, about 0.3gr a day.

I really would like to taste the flavor if possible, and don't mind combusting if that's my only option.

psychonaut,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Pain

I would get some shatter in CO and enjoy the new low smell way of vaping. You can get away with shatter even in a non smoking room. You can pick up a cheap pen either at home or there if you don't have a pen for shatter. If you want good flavor then look for an UpTech pen so you will want to research where to buy one. Too bad you don't have more time or you could have ordered the pen from w9tech.com and bring it with you. Just keep in mind that shatter is very powerful so 1 or 2 hits is like a 10-15 minutes of huffing and puffing on a flower vape.

Bringing back a dirty cartridge could be risky so either soak it in alcohol or toss it and get another for $9.

Pain,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Your shatter doesn't smell like oil? If someone blew out a cloud from a concentrate I would smell it, especially in a non smoking room where there should be no other smells.

Pain

If I blow it into someone's face then maybe, but 5 minutes later someone walks into the room there is no smell. There is no oil in shatter.

Pain,
Reactions: snamuh

Bouldorado

I don't think you'll get very good flavor from any of the prefilled-carts. My neighbor had a couple of the O-pen ones and they just taste bland- little to no resemblance to the original flower flavor.

If you're going for taste, you're not going to beat top shelf flower, bubble, or shatter/wax; in that order. IMO flower taste is highly correlated with look/smell (frosty, strong fragrant smell) and the same for bubble (lighter colored, strong fragrant smell). Shatter and wax are so hit and miss that that I would recommend avoiding it unless you find something that smells especially fragrant. It really sucks dropping $50+ on gram with mediocre taste.

As for consumption methods, you'll obviously get the best taste if you pick up a dedicated device (i.e convection vape, dab rig):

1. Convection vape
2. Dab rig
3. Conduction vape
5. E-cig hash coil
5. Glass pipe
6. Water pipe
7. Joint

I'd use the vapes in a hotel room but anything combustion is going to leave a lot more smell. Might look into a vapor lounge/club ( I think there's one in town) if you don't want to buy a new toy.

BTW if you're heading down to Boulder I can give you some shop recommendations.

Bouldorado,

Yehawwielon

Hey man, I live in CO and I can honestly say you don't need to worry too much. Most everyone here either smokes or doesn't care. Unlike some other states no one is going to be calling the police here if they smell a little weed. Well, actually I guess in some of the small, backwoods rural towns you could run into a problem, but if you're staying around the Denver area you'll be fine. I would suggest you buy some papers or a cheap vape or bowl and just take a walk. As long as you aren't blatantly drawing attention to yourself you can walk down a street and smoke no problem. I've done it myself in Denver numerous times with no issue, just try and stay away from cops and families with kids. If that sketches you out I would suggest just hawaiian hotbox your bathroom. Just close your bathroom door, cover the crack at the bottom with a towel, put some kind of soap or shampoo on the floor of your shower, turn it on then wait like 5 mins for the room to steam up. Make sure you have a sploof and then you can smoke with no worries. Even if someone does smell a little of your weed I seriously doubt they're gonna escalate it.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks for all the info. I have one of these, would this work for shatter? I figure I'll just hit the bathroom fan and puff on it through this if it will work.

91eogBucH6L._SY550_.jpg

I might just buy a bud to smell it and enjoy it if I cant burn it :) I'll give it away to someone on the way out of town, or tip the hotel clerk.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Yes, that will work with shatter. Load just as much as you plan to use at a time, vape it off, and go. That way you won't get any leakage.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
ust close your bathroom door, cover the crack at the bottom with a towel, put some kind of soap or shampoo on the floor of your shower, turn it on then wait like 5 mins for the room to steam up
I kinda miss those days, just the excitement of getting away with something. I took a lot of showers back then! :ninja::tup:

KidFated.,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Out here now for my last 24 hours. Going to miss this place, not just because of the recreational use, but also the sheer beauty of the environment. The trip up the Sangre De Cristo range up through Salida is awesome.

The ladies at Tenderfoot Health Collective treated me really well. One of the ladies talked with me for about 20 minutes about my wants/needs on a very low budget purchase :) Now that's customer service! I ended up getting .5gr of Purple Kush and .5gr Pineapple Smoothie? and a ceramic bat. Both strains are really nice but I really dont like the taste of smoke. I wish I had my crafty along.

The thing that got me away from the glass bulb with shatter was the tolerance issue. Mine is so low, I am literally 1-2 hits and I'm good for 2-3 hours.

Really love this place and and cant wait to move the family out and begin a horse ranch up in the hills :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom