• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Utopia Desktop Herbal & Oil Vaporizer

FeelingFactory

Ok, now we are getting the kind of performance I am looking for from an enail. This is quickly shaping up to be exactly what I needed, rather than something that looked like it would be cool to own.

Hey G, since I noticed there is a bit of a dropdown to the nail, what do you think the heat would be like up there?

Could we possible put a silicone/ptfe/platinum cured (like oil slicks) screen over the top of the dome with a cross cut in the middle for poking your dabber through to dab? I have noticed that carb capping is most effective whilst the dab is being done, and I believe this (or something less crude that serves the purpose) could make the nail even more efficient than any of the competition. I know I hate watching vapor go up into the air if I don't carb cap/hit the dab perfectly!

This is really the next frontier in enails I think, since you seem to have temperature great now :science: Go on brother, be the first to save us all some of our precious concentrates! :D
In regard to the dab height and capping the top, I was considering experimenting with loading a dab before heating the nail, letting the entire hit brew with the top plugged, then releasing the top while inhaling for maximum vapor thickness. This method only would work once during the initial heating though, as the ceramic and nail would likely be too hot to preload once more. Some of the pics look as if it might include a glass stopper, interesting idea with a silicone membrane.

herbivore21

In regard to the dab height and capping the top, I was considering experimenting with loading a dab before heating the nail, letting the entire hit brew with the top plugged, then releasing the top while inhaling for maximum vapor thickness. This method only would work once during the initial heating though, as the ceramic and nail would likely be too hot to preload once more. Some of the pics look as if it might include a glass stopper, interesting idea with a silicone membrane.
I have considered this approach before too, however, I am someone who likes my dabs frequent and has company frequently too.

As such, pre-loading is not an efficient way of getting my meds. I need to have reasonably rapid fire dab capability (like able to do a couple of dabs in rapid succession around 15-20 seconds between dabs to get the next dab ready lol)

Still, I believe the way we carb cap could be done much better with an enail. Since we cannot accidentally way overheat the w9 enail, the temperature at the top of that dropdown should not be too scorching hot when the nail is at dabbing temp. As such, we should be able to have a small silicon/PTFE/platinum cured 'dabber filter' at the top which would serve to keep the dome permanently carb capped. This would leave a space to put your dabber down through a hole in the 'dabber filter' to do your dab on the nail. It will mean no more clumsily trying to dab and quickly carb cap the hole and losing precious vapor for a split second in-between. Also no more choking out your lung by starting your inhale long before you dab to avoid losing vapor out the top of the dome. I really think this would be very easy to do, might even cannabilize one of my Oil Slick duo pads to try this at home :D

If I do, needless so say I will post some videos of me doing this with my standard domed nail, and when I get it, the flexo :D

herbivore21,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Cool thing you don't loose vapor out of the top on this soon as you dab you start inhaling.

We also noticed because of the design using a carb might not be needed. But more testing will be needed to verify this and this testing will be done by you guys in beta.

herbivore21

Cool thing you don't loose vapor out of the top on this soon as you dab you start inhaling.

We also noticed because of the design using a carb might not be needed. But more testing will be needed to verify this and this testing will be done by you guys in beta.
Actually, this makes perfect sense G. I do find extending the height of the dome over the surface of the nail (via adjusting my v3 nail) does make it much easier not to lose any vapor so long as I begin inhaling just before dab hits nail. More dome above the nail = less loss of vapor out the top if you are a little slow/light on the inhale. The flexo has plenty of dome height to spare, so should be good in this regard :D

Still, I do find that I have to inhale much harder when not carb capping, the clouds aren't as concentrated and I often run out of breath on a larger (not LA sized lol EDIT: still definitely no bigger than .1-.2g) dab through my pieces.

I'll spend loads of time playing around with this during the beta test though :D Any results I get will be posted!

MaxVapor

The Professor
This may sound crazy, but what about a glass funnel that would fit the female top with the end of the funnel a little above the nail and a cap for the top of the funnel. You could drop a dab into the funnel and cap it then the heat would cause the dab to drip down onto the nail.

Is that crazy? :uhoh:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
This may sound crazy, but what about a glass funnel that would fit the female top with the end of the funnel a little above the nail and a cap for the top of the funnel. You could drop a dab into the funnel and cap it then the heat would cause the dab to drip down onto the nail.

Is that crazy? :uhoh:

Actually something we can try, very nice idea.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Caligula

Maximus
Like dis?

925876_1451893325053563_253681265_a.jpg

That thing is spring-loaded and belongs to our @Deadshort480

IMO it's too bulky but you'll never lose any vapor.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I'm flying home tomorrow.

theCerberus

Like dis?

925876_1451893325053563_253681265_a.jpg

That thing is spring-loaded and belongs to our @Deadshort480

IMO it's too bulky but you'll never lose any vapor.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I'm flying home tomorrow.
o wow, never thought of doing that with the smart dab. i will have to get a bowl similar and try it out.

the problem with the smart dab is the dome becomes so hot it is untouchable even on the silicon band. so you cant carb cap by hand. its pretty much domeless because the dome cant be removed/touched while in use.

btw that silicon band is misplaced and will melt where it is. it says in the instructions to never have it touching the heater, i put it about 1cm up from there.

sorry to siderail the conversation.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
o wow, never thought of doing that with the smart dab. i will have to get a bowl similar and try it out.

btw that silicon band is misplaced and will melt where it is. it says in the instructions to never have it touching the heater, i put it about 1cm up from there.

I don't own this but I'm sure @Deadshort480 will appreciate the advice.

Caligula,

Terpenoid

I've been keeping an eye on this tread for a while now and the device looks incredible! I can't wait for more videos to be posted.

I had a thought about the carb cap problem. If there was some way to design a cap that fit comfortably in/over the glass joint with a stem extending from the centre like any dabber/carb cap would have on the dabber side. Only instead of a regular dabber it could be a hollow tube with the dabber in the middle so it could slide up and down through the cap, down to the nail. A long slit could be made on the hollow tube allowing the dabber to slide up and down using a pin that slightly protrudes. The pin could easily lock into place when at rest near the top of the tube with a quarter turn in to a slight grove/slot, preventing it from dropping down in a hands free manner. This design would eliminate the need for a spring and wouldn't need to be much larger than a regular dabber/carb cap. I'd attempt a picture but it would probably be more confusing than my explanation.

Terpenoid,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
@THC SCIENTIFIC just to make sure I have this right, if you own a core and a hammer top, is that everything one would need to use the Flexo besides the enail itself and if not, what else would one need? About to do some shopping. :D

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC just to make sure I have this right, if you own a core and a hammer top, is that everything one would need to use the Flexo besides the enail itself and if not, what else would one need? About to do some shopping. :D

The Core is what people can get ATM. The inline switch, new hammers, and enail is what's needed.

The hammer top is not used in the enail.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
The Core is what people can get ATM. The inline switch, new hammers, and enail is what's needed.

The hammer top is not used in the enail.

Sweet! Also, I know it was asked earlier but any idea on a ballpark figure for those who already own the Core?

kindbeats,
Reactions: mutten840

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
"Ready for production...cough cough cough."

Classic.

I thought he said that at first as well but he actually says "There you go guys...vapor production". Either way, super stoked for this to be ready!

Last edited:
kindbeats,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I finally got around to ordering The Core. With the 25% off code and the Flexo quickly approaching, I figured I would be crazy not to. Stoked to watch as more Flexo news unfolds!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
time to do a small update, because of champs and AGE show our glass engineer will not be available to do any type of revisions for the next 2 weeks, during this time we are going to spend fixing some things that have popped up, and think about making it better.

Top Bottom