Unpopular opinion?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I experience taste blindness in everything cannabis. I use one strain and I can tell the nuances from different farms for only the first couple of days when switching to a new batch. Likewise, I am sure the flavors from the device are also getting masked. Basically, my dose is enough to just stuff any receptors available. I get a bit of the terps and I get a hint of the final popcorn taste. But the rest is pure sensation of warmth and thickness of the vape. Rotation of the devices is probably good advice.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
In general, I find that conduction has a much denser / more concentrated flavor while convection is lighter and more subtle, with a bit more of a floral flavor.
I enjoy both for what they are - but am surprised how many people dismiss conduction as not having good flavor.

proceeds_the_weedian

Conduction devices for sure have their place, especially if you need compact devices and good battery life. I was this (-) close to getting an Aria over the HR Edge, based on conduction being better at getting the most out of pressed hash and extracting CBD in general.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
While I sometimes hated my DaVinci IQ (too hot, not on-demand...) I did enjoy the flavor it gave me *a lot*.

I'm not a vape veteran but I think the reservations against conduction devices are rooted in the very early days of dry herb vaporization.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it totally depends on the vape itself more so than convection or conduction, the materials used etc. A lot of those mass-produced session conduction vapes with the ceramic (or other material) chamber from China have horrible insulation that ruins the flavor regardless of heating technology... Sometimes it is just stinky silicone, but that is the factor so comparing something like a pinnacle is going to taste good at first when the herb flavor is strong, but once that flavor fades you taste the garbage materials behind it... Technically a convection vape can have this issue as well, it just so happens a lot of the pure convection on demand vapes are handmade with glass stems... If someone made a conduction vape like that, that would be a more appropriate direct comparison for flavor between the two? Maybe VapMan vs. Lotus? lol

floribud

What's the best conduction vape?
Or lets just say whats the best portable pocket session vape that's mostly conduction?

I've had a Flowermate Hybrid X, Airvape XS Go and a Pax 3. The Airvape XS Go has great flavor on the first draw, okay on the second that then get's really weird tasting. I don't know what it just tastes like "chemicals". The Flowermate was okay but nothing special, it did get pretty hot, like the Airvape. My Pax3 was my best of the 3. Got it for $95 on EntExchange. First thing I did was put in the adjustable "3D screens" and a vented bottom. It's definitely acceptable. Not as good as the first hit from the Airvape XS Go, but the flavor doesn't degrade as fast. Having said that, I don't get excited about it, it's just a decent way to vape when walking the dog.

But I'm curious does anyone find the Davinci or Airvape X to be that much better than the Pax 3?

floribud,

Shit Snacks

What's the best conduction vape?
Or lets just say whats the best portable pocket session vape that's mostly conduction?

I've had a Flowermate Hybrid X, Airvape XS Go and a Pax 3. The Airvape XS Go has great flavor on the first draw, okay on the second that then get's really weird tasting. I don't know what it just tastes like "chemicals". The Flowermate was okay but nothing special, it did get pretty hot, like the Airvape. My Pax3 was my best of the 3. Got it for $95 on EntExchange. First thing I did was put in the adjustable "3D screens" and a vented bottom. It's definitely acceptable. Not as good as the first hit from the Airvape XS Go, but the flavor doesn't degrade as fast. Having said that, I don't get excited about it, it's just a decent way to vape when walking the dog.

But I'm curious does anyone find the Davinci or Airvape X to be that much better than the Pax 3?

Th DaVinci IQ2 is very full featured for a conduction session vape, nicest one I've ever used personally. Otherwise the Fury Edge is a pretty top notch allarounder, great value...

RxPlorer

Th DaVinci IQ2 is very full featured for a conduction session vape, nicest one I've ever used personally. Otherwise the Fury Edge is a pretty top notch allarounder, great value...

thanks for the tip. I’m keeping an eye on the IQ2 now.... maybe something to pick up when it hits year 1....

mac_47

I thought it was generally considered convection was better than conduction, I haven't tried any other than the iOlite and I never got it to work.

Actually the dynavap is conduction isn't it? You get flavour and a hit from that although I prefer session vapes.

mac_47,

Shit Snacks

I thought it was generally considered convection was better than conduction, I haven't tried any other than the iOlite and I never got it to work.

Actually the dynavap is conduction isn't it? You get flavour and a hit from that although I prefer session vapes.

It's still subjective, but yes most heavy hitter vapes are pure convection... Iolite was on demand conduction, wasn't it? I remember it was one of the first I ever saw, on HBO's Bored to Death lol VapCap is a hybrid, unique heating style, but yes mostly on demand conduction too. I've found sessioners tend to be less efficient, but often simpler for other people to use...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I would classify my EVO and Herby as convection vapes. The EVO is my favorite from a taste standpoint by a large margin. The Herby has "OK" taste. Neither get that overwhelming burnt popcorn taste when the herb is cached out like my conduction vapes.

My conduction vapes on the other hand have fabulous taste the first two to three hits and then it flattens out till burnt popcorn time at the end of the vapor production and highest temp used.

My conduction vapes have a better taste initially than the Herby but they don't beat the initial taste from the EVO. Convection versus conduction isn't the only factor in what produces better taste even when the herb is the same.

For me....Convection vapes aren't always better or better tasting than conduction vapes.

mephisto

Gotta love the flavor and effects of a convection machine vs. a conduction machine. However, I must confess that sometimes I enjoy/tolerate a conduction session. Just gifted a quality little conduction machine away. I purchased a new Miqro (2nd one for me) to use during the day for CBD heavy ovens. I found the Pax3 very
stealthy and a big improvement over its first 2 iterations. The Miqro seems like it extracts more better.......
I agree that the first convection hits are terpy and full of goodness. After that, flavor can suck, its the high I am after!

hinglemccringleberry

My limited experience-
Sticky Brick Jr. - 100% convection - Tasted like wood. Even after the break-in period where the wood taste subsided, the best hits on a fresh load still didn't taste as sophisticated as my conduction vapes. So much for 100% convection being the gold standard for flavor.
HR Fury 2 - Hybrid that uses convection technology. The flavor was always a bit muted. And that's WITH the bent glass stem that everyone says gives the best flavor.
Volcano - Hybrid - Amazing taste but I suspect that's because I was tasting half a gram of weed in 1 hit.

The best flavor I've gotten out of less than 0.2 grams has been with my 3 conduction vapes, running them at low temps -- Linx Gaia, Goboof Alfa, Dynavap Vapcap.
The Gaia is amazing on low with that quartz chamber. The flavor turned to dirt very quickly though. (I imagine the Eden has the same problem).
The Alfa is excellent on low....and flavor doesn't go downhill as fast at the Gaia.
The Titanium Vapcap is very good. Excellent really, considering I'm only putting 0.05 in it.
I've never tried the Vapman but my money's on it being one of the best tasting vapes ever made. Also full conduction.

Last edited:

Vaporware

I often find conduction flavor great for the first part of a bowl, okay for a lot of it, and then...not great toward the end. It’s even worse if I use the same flower over multiple sessions, and I almost always do.

If you have something that fully extracts in just a few draws and you use it all at once, this may not be an issue for you, but even using low temp conduction I rarely take more than 5-6 draws at a time (more like 1-3 with convection) and there’s always a lot more left over when I’m done.

To me, that’s where convection’s greatest taste advantage is. Coming back an hour or a day or more later the taste is much better preserved in my experience. :)

It’s possible some conduction vaporizers I’ve never used don’t have this issue, but I think with conduction heating to some extent this issue is just baked in. ;)

Also, judging convection heating on the taste of wood from a specific model is like judging conduction on the silicon taste in some devices...you can prefer one heating method or the other, but to fairly compare heating methods on taste you should compare some of the best examples of each and ignore devices that have an extra flavor you don’t like. ;)

lazylathe

Almost there...
Those initial hits out of my Pinnacle Pro were amazing, the flavour was an explosion but holy crap, when the taste went south, it went completely to hell.

Oh man are we stepping back in time!
Pinnacle Pro! Used to be our favorite dog walking vape a long time ago.
First few hits were the best then it just tasted :puke:

Especially if you had one that got hot and melted the lid during sessions...LOL!!!

Did you ever have the Vapir NO2? That was my 1st vape...LMAO!!

For myself, those few hits are not worth it in the end.
I can extract a load in one hit and get everything i want, flavor, clouds and effects and most importantly efficiency.

I still hit my Solo 1 for nostalgia but try and do it one hit and hone for the load.
This way the taste is acceptable and it produces milky hits!

I much prefer straight conduction to the mixed or hybrid vapes out there like the Mighty.
Cannot tolerate the vapor from that vape and just end up coughing up a lung.
Low temp to MAX it does not matter... It's extremely clean and I use the dosing caps.
Just not for me.

I stick to pure convection and am one happy camper!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Oh man are we stepping back in time!
Pinnacle Pro! Used to be our favorite dog walking vape a long time ago.
First few hits were the best then it just tasted :puke:

Especially if you had one that got hot and melted the lid during sessions...LOL!!!

Did you ever have the Vapir NO2? That was my 1st vape...LMAO!!

For myself, those few hits are not worth it in the end.
I can extract a load in one hit and get everything i want, flavor, clouds and effects and most importantly efficiency.

I still hit my Solo 1 for nostalgia but try and do it one hit and hone for the load.
This way the taste is acceptable and it produces milky hits!

I much prefer straight conduction to the mixed or hybrid vapes out there like the Mighty.
Cannot tolerate the vapor from that vape and just end up coughing up a lung.
Low temp to MAX it does not matter... It's extremely clean and I use the dosing caps.
Just not for me.

I stick to pure convection and am one happy camper!

It was also the start of my 'lets see if we can mod this thing and make it better' with me shoving a glass connector into that melting mouthpiece and messaging the company about how they could do a little upgrade and make everyone happy.

They did not appreciate the suggestions :)

Last edited:

RTbar

My pinnacle pro died recently and I got a dynavap to replace it. No matter how many caps I do, it just doesn't blast me like the pinnacle. I would load up a capsule and split it between 2 people and get blasted with huge hits, but the dyna is toast in 2-4 and I barely get high, even with multiple caps. The dyna is an energetic head high, the pinnacle seemed to give me way more of a long lasting body high. Pass-through charging was cluctch as well.

Any suggestions for a modern vape that will hit like the pinnacle did?

Also, I guess my unpopular opinion is that the dyna is decent for a budget option but it's not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
My pinnacle pro died recently and I got a dynavap to replace it. No matter how many caps I do, it just doesn't blast me like the pinnacle. I would load up a capsule and split it between 2 people and get blasted with huge hits, but the dyna is toast in 2-4 and I barely get high, even with multiple caps. The dyna is an energetic head high, the pinnacle seemed to give me way more of a long lasting body high. Pass-through charging was cluctch as well.

Any suggestions for a modern vape that will hit like the pinnacle did?

Also, I guess my unpopular opinion is that the dyna is decent for a budget option but it's not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

Bless. You have ruined yourself for other vapes :)

Maybe its concentrates time? If you want a massive hard hitter for flower, the Flowerpot from NewVape is a great line up. If you wanted to stick with conduction tho, other people will have to chime in...

Top Bottom