Unit tolerance anybody?

baurman

Hey guys,
I have 3 vaporizers and I've been mostly using the purple days every day until I noticed that when I first started to use it, 1 tube got me pretty good... but now it sometimes takes 3 tubes to be where I want to be. So I pulled out the Silver Surfer, and I used my PD tube and measured 2 tubes in the Silver Surfer, which looked like it was enough to cover the screen and then another layer, and I got STONED OFF MY ASS. Which brings me to my question, does anyone else think you can grow a tolerance to a unit? I'm wondering why it takes me 3 tubes to get a slight buzz, but when I put 2 tubes into the Silver Surfer I get blasted? I still use the Purple Days as it's on 24/7 and I usually use it for my wake and bakes and then I'll use the Silver Surfer for nights.

baurman,

SkollIstKrieg

I'd imagine you could grow a tolerance to a vape. However, i think your case has todo with the difference of a fixed temp verses a dial. The PD will only ever be so hot, not near enough to get any cannabinoid's. While the SSV can definitely warm itself up to higher temps to extract more of the goodness ;)

SkollIstKrieg,

lwien

SkollIstKrieg said:
The PD will only ever be so hot, not near enough to get any cannabinoid's.
TOTALLY false. While one cannot get the full compliment of cannbinoids without going into combustion, you do get cannabinoids. To say that you don't get any is just plain wrong. As a matter of fact, with my Cherry PD, which runs on the warm side and gets my ABV a very, very dark brown, I'd go as far as to say that I get most of them. The PD operates within the vape ranges of 360 to 395F give or take a few degrees. See the following:

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit

There are quite a few other properties that the PD will get and a few that it won't. Just didn't feel like posting up the whole list. I can if you want though.

lwien,

steiner666

Serial vapist
It could be higher temp range. it would be easy enough to know the diff, just compare ABV and see if the SSVs is darker than the other.

Or it could just be the 1 SSV delivered vapor to you quicker in that 1 bowl than if you did it 2 stems, and it just hit you quicker. Were the hits bigger/thicker than with the PD? Was the duration of the high any different? Im guessing you dont remember if you're anything like me :lol:

Other than temp and speed of delivery, i cant really think of anything else that would make one get stoneder off one vape than the next, unless the contents of the bowls were diff quality. Also the length of time since your last session could effect it - i get a lot more ripped off my first bowl of the day than any others, which i think is pretty common.

steiner666,

SkollIstKrieg

Oh, excuse me ;), I didn't realize the PD ran that hot, I'm still learning so I'll watch myself next time.:D

I still think that the PD being a fixed temp and the SSV having a dial would make a bit of a difference in the overall idea of building a "unit tolerance" when comparing the units.

SkollIstKrieg,

luchiano

I was just thinking about this the other day and realized it's what steiner666 stated, speed of delivery as well as the amount taking in at one time.

This applies to smoking not just vaping.

When you vape from different size tools you will get different amounts of vapor in each puff and if you change it up daily your body will always have to learn how to deal with each amount and never get used to the same amount daily. I don't know if I explained that right but basically switching up the tools being used from small to big daily will keep you from getting used to the same herb.

This is why when I smoked I kept a small pipe, an extension for the pipe, as well as a water pipe because I noticed when I changed the type of way I smoked I always got the feeling of the herb affected me better than if I smoked the same tool over and over. It still would hit me but not like a new tool being used every other day or every time I puffed.

luchiano,

aero18

vaporist
Might be the concentration of vapor? I have noticed that a higher concentration of vapor intake led me to a higher state of mind with the same amount of herb (I also do a partial vapor exhale to minimize vapor loss).

aero18,
Top Bottom