Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@underdog Do you have plans to make any more mini-dogs in different woods? I'd like to get one that isn't maple or walnut.

Hmm.. maybe?

I wasn't necessarily planning on making more stock ones once these were gone since I did them as a promo. I figured I'd still make custom ones by request though.

Did you have any particular wood(s) in mind? I'll have to consider them on a wood by wood basis, since these are an open-core design I don't want to use woods with any significant toxicity issues (ie, lots of exotics).

I'm curious, are the UnderDog's bigger than the AromaDog's? I really like the size. :)

Some are, some aren't. Your particular AromaDog is between what we'd consider a Twig and a Thick Twig so is of pretty average size for an UD.

When looking at Dogs you can get a rough idea of their relative diameters by comparing how thick the side 'walls' of the body are since the center hole is always 1" (hope that makes sense).

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I'm curious, are the UnderDog's bigger than the AromaDog's? I really like the size. :)

You can get 'em bigger then your AromaDog or smaller if you want Vicki. That's one of the cool things about the UD, they're all different. I have my old core ash that's about the size of a 120z can but my newer core goncalo is 1/4 inch shorter then a classic JyARz and awfully sweet.

My mini two tone rosewood is about 3/4 inch shorter then the goncalo.

The Goncalo is my #1 at the moment(well since I got it) getting in more hours use then all my other vapes combined. Love using this little pup with the nylon stem and for me it's the perfect temp using the wall wart.
so simple and easy to use ya can't go wrong picking up a Underdog to add to your arsenal of vape tools.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Some are, some aren't. Your particular AromaDog is between what we'd consider a Twig and a Thick Twig so is of pretty average size for an UD.

When looking at Dogs you can get a rough idea of their relative diameters by comparing how thick the side 'walls' of the body are since the center hole is always 1" (hope that makes sense).

Thank you for the quick reply! It does makes sense. I'll have to take a look. :) I LOVE the AromaDog! I wish I had known about them sooner! :nod:

You can get 'em bigger then your AromaDog or smaller if you want Vicki. That's one of the cool things about the UD, they're all different.

I didn't know that. Very cool! :D

underdog

Manufacturer
Something like Locust or Padauk; Locust preferred since wood that glows under UV is just cool.

Locust (Honey Locust specifically) would be great for a mini-Dog and I have quite a bit of it.. and it does have the nice UV glow.

If you want one just get in touch with Underdogette and she'll get things squared away for you.

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Happy Hump Day! :)

Just dropped in to share some of the custom vapes we've been working on in the shop. These 3 belong to FC'ers. That Olive piece (top left) is from the blank that was posted a while back. (Speaking of which, that rare Roble Burl blank is still available for some lucky vaporist to snatch up. Message me if you're interested!)

Thanks @Snappo for that gorgeous Amboyna Burl blank (top right). Streaked Hackberry on the bottom.

2014-04-29_Custom_Vapes.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Amazing stuff like always! I've got my invoice in for a few copper aromatherapy cups and beeswax along with two rare UD's, Mini Fudgy Jr. (Claro Walnut) along with this bright idea below (Honey Locust), can't wait to test em all out with some Lemongrass oil and my BP-VK!

24nimj4.jpg

thYhMVG.jpg

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Amazing stuff like always! I've got my invoice in for a few copper aromatherapy cups and beeswax along with two rare UD's, Mini Fudgy Jr. (Claro Walnut) along with this bright idea below (Honey Locust), can't wait to test em all out with some Lemongrass oil and my BP-VK!

24nimj4.jpg

thYhMVG.jpg

Wow! Beautiful wood and brilliant design!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Looks like we both got fudgies in the mail,let's see if the idiots can get it to me this time...
Thank you
@underdogette @underdog
For making this lost pup as painless as possible.
You will be missed BLMB mini pup,but I sure will love this clarion walnut...
xGB59B2.jpg

@SSVUN~YAH that honey locust is sweeeeeeeet!!!!
Got my E bay batt. Pack waiting on mini pup,we're hitting the Beach.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Oooo, I love that mini. Wish I'd thought of or had seen that form factor before mine was shipped today.
It's pretty sweet it's certainly going to light up the room!

Wow! Beautiful wood and brilliant design!
I agree! Doesn't it remind you of a pencil nub? My treasured marbles will have an Underdog lighted display, I can't wait!
Looks like we both got fudgies in the mail,let's see if the idiots can get it to me this time...
Thank you
@underdogette @underdog
xGB59B2.jpg

Dude!!! That is awesome you got one of the few other Claro mini's nice! @NickDlow iirc has one too!!! :rockon:

OMG you got a batman symbol in your mini!!!!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
It's pretty sweet it's certainly going to light up the room!

I agree! Doesn't it remind you of a pencil nub? My treasured marbles will have an Underdog lighted display, I can't wait!

Dude!!! That is awesome you got one of the few other Claro mini's nice! @NickDlow iirc has one too!!! :rockon:

OMG you got a batman symbol in your mini!!!!
Can we get the mini's with the new standard 12v core? Sometimes on the go I like to really crank it up .... vape hot and fast.

Jokermachine

Well-Blown Member
Thank you
@underdogette @underdog
xGB59B2.jpg

Wow, the faces on her. That is so fuckin sick. Damn bat faces!

underdog

Manufacturer
Can we get the mini's with the new standard 12v core? Sometimes on the go I like to really crank it up .... vape hot and fast.

Hmmm.. not exactly but probably something close. The minis are too small for anything but the 3w heating element and mini core combo. In a one inch larger Dog (say 3.25" or so) I could probably fit a standard core (either AirCore or classic) and it'd would have 2-3 times the lifespan of a mini. That's probably the best bet for a hot, fast, on the go Dogs in sub-Twig sizes.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Hmmm.. not exactly but probably something close. The minis are too small for anything but the 3w heating element and mini core combo. In a one inch larger Dog (say 3.25" or so) I could probably fit a standard core (either AirCore or classic) and it'd would have 2-3 times the lifespan of a mini. That's probably the best bet for a hot, fast, on the go Dogs in sub-Twig sizes.
:rockon:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

@underdog, What would my little goncalo(16533) be considered? It has quite a bit more mass then my mini but is only about 3/4 of an inch taller and has the newer standard 12volt core, In pictures next to the 12 oz can it looks much smaller then most twiggs. Should I treat it with kid gloves to make it last longer?

(I only run it for 6-8 hours at a time off the wall wart 4-5 nights a week)

:peace:

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog, What would my little goncalo(16533) be considered? It has quite a bit more mass then my mini but is only about 3/4 of an inch taller and has the newer standard 12volt core, In pictures next to the 12 oz can it looks much smaller then most twiggs. Should I treat it with kid gloves to make it last longer?

(I only run it for 6-8 hours at a time off the wall wart)

:peace:

Your Goncalo Pup would be along the lines of what I meant.. sub-Twig sized but not quite as small as a mini. In pieces this small the primary concern in regards to lifespan is that the size doesn't allow an ideal amount of separation between the heat source and the power plug and wooden body (in certain spots). I wouldn't say you need to treat it with kid gloves but working less hard than you might a full size Dog is a good idea. Your usage at 6-8hrs at a time is a great way to get the most out of it. :2c:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
@underdog

Is Paypal your only accepted form of payment?

Hi Vicki- A PayPal account is not needed to checkout via PayPal. You can check out as a guest without an account, using a major credit card. We can also accept postal money orders in the mail for those who prefer not to do through electronic means. Let us know if there are any other questions!

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Everytime I go to check out, the only available payment option is Paypal, via the account I just made or as a guest. (I just tried) That's why I asked if you only accepted Paypal.

Sorry for the confusion! Yes, you need to click Checkout through PayPal. Once you get to the PayPal website, it will have an option for you to either Login to PayPal, or Check out as a guest. --the guest option on PayPal's website, not the guest option on our website-- I hope that makes sense!

Top Bottom