Underdog Log Vapes

Scott A

Hey @underdog, Have you guys done the math to figure out what the voltage drop is using your cables? Im interested in seeing the numbers you have calculated if you have done any sort of looking in to it.

Scott A,
Reactions: Madcap79

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hey @underdog, Have you guys done the math to figure out what the voltage drop is using your cables? Im interested in seeing the numbers you have calculated if you have done any sort of looking in to it.

I have done my own research in the course of developing a power supply solution. In my experience, voltage drop was minimal, for example a 10 foot, 22AWG cable has a drop of 0.32V.

22AWG is a very common gauge of wire in DC power cords, and you can generally assume that each foot of it is going to add about 0.03V of voltage drop.

Scott A

I have done my own research in the course of developing a power supply solution. In my experience, voltage drop was minimal, for example a 10 foot, 22AWG cable has a drop of 0.32V.

22AWG is a very common gauge of wire in DC power cords, and you can generally assume that each foot of it is going to add about 0.03V of voltage drop.
Wow that was a fast and great response(as always @CentiZen ). That is an interesting and a fair representative of the minimal but noticeable change that adding an extension cord can do to the final voltage at the vaporizer in my experience. Using a VVPS a .3V change is noticeable at least to me but not a drastic change in temperature.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

I've only looked at it for the cords we stock on the website and with those my voltage drop numbers are a bit higher than @CentiZen for these particular cables. This can also vary depending on individual cable and connector quality, etc.

If you were to stick 3 of our 10 meter cables together to get near 100' of reach you'd need to compensate with approx 1.5v+ to get the same power to the Dog. All setups are unique though so a little trial and error would probably be required to get it just right.

prepare2deleuze

I'd like to add another voice in support of this vvps from amazon. Because... wow. :|

I set my twig pup up on the vvps running at 12.8-12.9 and it was just... phenomenal! :rofl:

Feel like I truly have my pup running the way I had dreamed it would.:love: Especially with that great suggestion to run her @ 4.5 for oils! Also, much love for this community. :peace:

Edit:

One fantastic detail: mine is all black, not decked out in flames! :cool:

Scott A

Ah, yeah, usually the display dies as well.

Since you have a meter it should be pretty easy and you can measure voltage instead of resistance. Set up the VVPS like normal and measure the voltage at the plug end that usually plugs into the vape. You'll measure by putting one tip of your test leads into the inside of the barrel connector making sure to contact the inside-wall-tip area. The other test lead will be held firmly against the outside metal part of the barrel connector. This is done with the meter set up to measure DC voltage. Make sense?

If the cable is good your reading should be the same or very close to what the display indicates. If it's not then we'll have to troubleshoot a bit further.
Hey man so I hooked it all up and it seems like if you hold it in a correct position or angle it delivers power but other than that it doesnt. Is that a sign of a fault cable?

Scott A,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey man so I hooked it all up and it seems like if you hold it in a correct position or angle it delivers power but other than that it doesnt. Is that a sign of a fault cable?

Definitely sounds like a loose connection. Most likely the cable has an area that's failing from fatigue or a bit less likely it could be the plug on the Dog. If you have a wall wart and it heats with that then the plug is fine and it would confirm a probable cable failure.

Scott A

Definitely sounds like a loose connection. Most likely the cable has an area that's failing from fatigue or a bit less likely it could be the plug on the Dog. If you have a wall wart and it heats with that then the plug is fine and it would confirm a probable cable failure.
Yeah man both my logs are working perfectly off my underdog made VVPS currently. The cable is really old and went through a lot of abuse back when one of these little tattoo VVPS was all I had. I need to make an order soon I guess :rockon:

bounce5

I was pretty sure it was the incorrect voltage, I stopped using it once I saw the orange light glowing out of the core. Reminded me of the Firewood. 11v is pretty low temp vaping for me, I barely feel satisfied from the temperatures at 12v. But even at 13.7v I don't see a orange light, it was clearly time to put the VVPS away.

wqXxYiP.jpg
The Magic Flight UFO caught my eye because of how easy it would be to store away....how is that working out with the underdog?

bijection

I got my UD Jan 3, but only just started using it 2 weeks ago. For the first week it functioned perfectly with the extension power cable. But now it no longer heats up if the extension power cable is used.
Is this an unusually early fail?

bijection,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I got my UD Jan 3, but only just started using it 2 weeks ago. For the first week it functioned perfectly with the extension power cable. But now it no longer heats up if the extension power cable is used.
Sounds like he extension cable is shot. Get ahold of Dave and he'll take care of you

underdog

Manufacturer

Definitely sounds like the extension has gone bad, way better that than the cord on the power supply itself.. that's actually a large part of the reason we started including the extensions, cheaper and easier to replace.

As far as your particular cord, can you post a picture of it? Has it been bent/twisted excessively? Has it been sharply kinked anywhere?

NickDlow

Log Hog
I LOVE the unbeatable customer service provided by you two @underdogette & @underdog!!!!

My RedwoodDog has been running nonstop since she arrived and has performed better than I could have imagined. Paired with my matching 3" UD/Nano WonG from @Ed's TnT it's unstoppable!!!

I think a milk video is with my pup is called for when I get home after this 16hr shift. After being out in the snow all day, I know my pup will warm me right up! 2hrs to go....:bang:

NickDlow

Log Hog
I LOVE the unbeatable customer service provided by you two @underdogette & @underdog!!!!

My RedwoodDog has been running nonstop since she arrived and has performed better than I could have imagined. Paired with my matching 3" UD/Nano WonG from @Ed's TnT it's unstoppable!!!

I think a milk video is with my pup is called for when I get home after this 16hr shift. After being out in the snow all day, I know my pup will warm me right up! 2hrs to go....:bang:

Finally....

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
My stems are extremely gunked up. Does anyone dab this sticky stuff, or is everyone using it for edibles?

DcTokeMan,
Top Bottom