• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

TeeJay1952

I apologize for this complete newbie question... I've never used a vape before, and I'm trying to figure out what I should order from the underdog website:

Why is there an option for 4 stems? If someone is a complete newbie and just wants to vape some meds every day in the simplest way possible, which stems would you recommend?

Thanks!
Stems are glass and they will break. The Nylon is cute and study but small, you probably only need one. The 4 stems included is a selling point for dogs. A difference maker for some.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: izzy212

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Darn @underdog did you discontinue the old style simple silicone/glass stem? if so got any old stock left ?

I'm down to two and was gonna re-up on 1/2 dozen but they're no longer listed for sale.

Last edited:
RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Snappo

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Darn @underdog did you discontinue the old style simple silicone/glass stem? if so got any old stock left ?

I'm down to two and was gonna re-up on 1/2 dozen but they're no longer listed for sale.

You can still get them on the website under 'Stems and Supplies' we just removed them from the options with vapes because we find the Nylon and/or Glass stems are so much better we can't recommend the silicone ones.

@izzy212 - We give 4 stems with each vape because we think it's a nice value-added thing to do for all our awesome customers. The Nylon Stems have the smallest bowl size and provide the hottest vapor for any given Dog. The Direct Draw and GonG stems are glass and have a larger bowl size and are better for multiple hits (with stirring or not), they provide a little less/cooler vapor than the Nylon Stems. The Silicone Stems are a legacy product and we don't recommend them but do still offer them for 'old-school' customers who might be hooked on them or don't have a Dog that's compatible with the Nylon Stems. :peace:

izzy212

@izzy212 - We give 4 stems with each vape because we think it's a nice value-added thing to do for all our awesome customers. The Nylon Stems have the smallest bowl size and provide the hottest vapor for any given Dog. The Direct Draw and GonG stems are glass and have a larger bowl size and are better for multiple hits (with stirring or not), they provide a little less/cooler vapor than the Nylon Stems. The Silicone Stems are a legacy product and we don't recommend them but do still offer them for 'old-school' customers who might be hooked on them or don't have a Dog that's compatible with the Nylon Stems. :peace:
Thanks!!

I think I'll probably get: 1 nylon, 2 glass, and 1 direct draw stem. Not that I know what I'm doing yet. :)

I saw a youtube review where the guy was saying that the vapor was hot/harsh, and he was recommending vaping it through a water bowl. I'm not going to do anything that complex yet, but I was just wondering: Do you think there is an issue with the vapor being hot/harsh? I think the review was from 2 years ago, and he was using a silicone stem.

izzy212,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@underdog
They are no longer in 'stems and supplies' either just 'silicone stems' there and not the 'simple silicone' ones, Guess I'm one of them odd ones who like the 'simple silicone' with the glass stem and silicone bowl way more than i like the all glass bowls or all silicone alone.

Thanks!!

I think I'll probably get: 1 nylon, 2 glass, and 1 direct draw stem. Not that I know what I'm doing yet. :)

I saw a youtube review where the guy was saying that the vapor was hot/harsh, and he was recommending vaping it through a water bowl. I'm not going to do anything that complex yet, but I was just wondering: Do you think there is an issue with the vapor being hot/harsh? I think the review was from 2 years ago, and he was using a silicone stem.

I prefer hitting mine dry and don't find it irritating at all.

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks!!

I think that's a good selection, to clarify though when you say '2 glass' I'm not sure what that means exactly. We have two common glass stems, the 14mm GonG and the Direct Draw which is the same kind of glass tube but without the GonG joint. The GonG jointed tube is what you'd want if you were going to use it with a water bowl. I personally don't find the vapor too hot and almost exclusively use the Nylon Stems these days. Your experience and preferences may vary of course. I think lots of users are happy using them dry though lots of people also pick up an inexpensive $20-$30 bubbler too. I'm sure some experienced members could make a glass suggestion if you need it. :2c:

@underdog
They are no longer in 'stems and supplies' either just 'silicone stems' there and not the 'simple silicone' ones, Guess I'm one of them odd ones who like the 'simple silicone' with the glass stem and silicone bowl way more than i like the all glass bowls or all silicone alone.

Ah, gotcha! Simple Glass Stems are the ones you're talking about I think.. the glass tube with the thin-walled silicone tip. I think we took those off the website because they were confusing people but Underdogette has maybe 100 left and can get you some if you message her no worries.

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
@underdog

Whoops, I was updating the website and considered taking them off, but decided to rename them instead... Then I accidentally put the inventory amount in the wrong field, so they weren't showing up. They're back now: www.underdogvapes.com/simple-glass-stems

izzy212

I think that's a good selection, to clarify though when you say '2 glass' I'm not sure what that means exactly. We have two common glass stems, the 14mm GonG and the Direct Draw which is the same kind of glass tube but without the GonG joint. The GonG jointed tube is what you'd want if you were going to use it with a water bowl.
I apologize if my question seems silly:
On your website it gives an option to choose 4 stems, but there are only 3 stem types. Doesn't this imply that at least one of the chosen stems has to be chosen twice?

I'm probably missing something. :)

izzy212,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
I apologize if my question seems silly:
On your website it gives an option to choose 4 stems, but there are only 3 stem types. Doesn't this imply that at least one of the chosen stems has to be chosen twice?

I'm probably missing something. :)

No problem izzy I think you're maybe just over-thinking it. How many stems we give you isn't dependant on how many options there are.. for example many people select all of one type (4 Nylons or 4 14mm GonGs) or whatever. We also find it's a good way for people to try out a variety of stems when they're new to vaping so those people might get one of each plus one duplicate. Then after they gain some experience they come back and buy more of whichever one they liked the best. Make more sense?

@RUDE BOY - great, our pleasure!

izzy212

No problem izzy I think you're maybe just over-thinking it. How many stems we give you isn't dependant on how many options there are.. for example many people select all of one type (4 Nylons or 4 14mm GonGs) or whatever. We also find it's a good way for people to try out a variety of stems when they're new to vaping so those people might get one of each plus one duplicate. Then after they gain some experience they come back and buy more of whichever one they liked the best. Make more sense?
Thanks! I love how quickly you guys respond, both here and via email. I'll probably be ordering 2 units sometime within the next week or 2.

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks! I love how quickly you guys respond, both here and via email. I'll probably be ordering 2 units sometime within the next week or 2.

Happy to be of service! :cool:

If you remember you might send Underdogette or myself a message before you buy as we'll be having refresh (new pieces) being finished in the next week or 2 and can advise you as to whether or not they're done by then (in case you want even more options lol).

Alright Dogs I think we're 'clocking out' for the rest of the weekend.. have a good one talk to you all again Monday probably. :peace:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Guys n Gals! If you can swing it, go for a custom AromaDog! This weekend for me has been an odoriferous heavenly adventure! I have wafted Cinnamon, then Patchouli, then Lemongrass, and now Eucalyptus - feeling like a happy pond frog jumping from one lily pad to the next. My home now has multiple personalities that bring out the best in my spirits and well-being. Breathing through my very pronounced proboscis inflates me in so many healthful positive ways! Go ahead, you know you want one - get it NOW! Thank me later! Thank you UNDERDOG!!!
S8Q9j4o.jpg

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
Well I think I'm finally going to do it and get myself a nice custom Dog for some companionship!! I've been lurking here for a bit and finally I can't take it. @Snappo you're going to have to help me again for my future UD!! @underdog and @underdogette I love how personal your CS is and how strong of a 'pack' you guys have behind you guys. I need to join it and experience a Dog for myself. I'm just getting into the log vapes and I alreday love them w/o even using one yet haha. Hopefully that changes Tuesday or Wednesday when my first log vape arrives. But I'll be keeping my eye on you Snappo for some exotic UD blanks for my future doggie. Dog nd Dogette, expect to see me in the dog house as soon as something sparks my interest! I'll talk to you soon.

:peace:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Hey UDs, hope you've all enjoyed your weekends! We've been cleaning up and taking inventory around here and looks like we've got several more Air Core cores and AromaCores for AromaDogs (aromatherapy only, no vaping) -- and we wanted to see if any FC'ers wanted dibs on either of those. Just let us know!

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, it took some doing but all orders received over the long holiday weekend are now shipped out and on their way. All outstanding messages and emails are also answered with the exception of maybe one or two.. those will be responded to tonight or in the morning. :peace:

Well I think I'm finally going to do it and get myself a nice custom Dog for some companionship!! I've been lurking here for a bit and finally I can't take it. @Snappo you're going to have to help me again for my future UD!! @underdog and @underdogette I love how personal your CS is and how strong of a 'pack' you guys have behind you guys. I need to join it and experience a Dog for myself. I'm just getting into the log vapes and I alreday love them w/o even using one yet haha. Hopefully that changes Tuesday or Wednesday when my first log vape arrives. But I'll be keeping my eye on you Snappo for some exotic UD blanks for my future doggie. Dog nd Dogette, expect to see me in the dog house as soon as something sparks my interest! I'll talk to you soon.

:peace:

Awesome man, we'll be here when you're ready! Not to undercut Snappo in any way either but we do stock a good $40-$50K worth of wood in the shop. We just have too much wood and are too strapped for time to take pictures of it and display them like Snappo. :2c:

Actually @Snappo maybe we should just start selling you wood to resell.. :brow:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Vape of the Month :cool:

We've decided to do a "Vape of the Month" where we'll make a batch of vapes, similar to our Birthday Vape and Holiday Vapes, and offer them at an exclusive price. Full kits, full warranty, all that good stuff. Each month, we'll feature a different wood type and see how it goes. This month is Ambrosia Maple. What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fifthofjim

Ok, so i have had my UD for over a month now. I am enjoying it a lot. I am new to vaping, but my throat is getting very irritated and I am coughing a lot. I have not hit it out of water yet only with the glass or nylon stems. But it is getting way more irritated and I am coughing more then when I used to smoke. Any tips or is this normal for a vaping?

Last edited:
Fifthofjim,
Top Bottom