Underdog Log Vapes

chinaboy

Still learning this thing called Cannabis
Two questions:

1) How long is the life of a silicon stem under moderate daily use?
2) What is the best way to clean the silicon stems and screens?

I like my silicon stem a lot better than my simple glass stem, but I only ordered one. I live pretty far away, so it's not always convenient to ship here. So, I'm wondering how long I can expect my silicon stem to last before I have to bite the bullet and order some more. Hopefully by that time they'll be a nylon stem that works with the classic core. (fingers crossed)

chinaboy,

AdmiralAlpacha

From my experience they pretty much last forever. They will get a little harder, and turn a brownish amber color, but they will still function just fine.

My glass stems I soak in Iso Alchohol and then finish the job with a Q-tip

My silicone stems I don't attempt to reclaim anything from so I just use a Iso Soaked Qtip on them, maybe a quick soak in iso if they are really dirty.

My screens I usually put a little iso in a little cup and put all my screens in there, and move them around occasionally. The fine screens can be a little hard to clean if they get real gunked up, but nothing Iso can't fix with a little work.

If I lived far away and ordering was a problem id make one big order and get a a few feet of the silicone and a couple packs of screens. I ordered a couple packs of screens and I am still trying to dirty them all :p

AdmiralAlpacha,
Reactions: chinaboy

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You can just PM or email Dave and he can set you up with a longer piece of silicon tubing that you can cut and make stems with that should last you a while.

But AA is correct in that aside from the brownish color that comes with use, they will last a long time.

:peace:

that herb guy

Tree - do you also have the classic core model? I assume that's what the larger vape was. Was wondering if there were any major differences other than the stem variation.

A little off topic, but is that a genuine mobius? Maybe it's the angle of the water or something but that matrix looks a bit... shallow? short? Not sure the best way to describe it but seems to be missing a few rows of holes.

Darkedhunter

I picked up a new locally blown piece today that I'm pretty excited to try with my UD tomorrow. =) it has a perc, should I use that? Or is double water filtration a mistake with vaporizers?

Darkedhunter,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
I just realized, in a no-electricity post apocalyptic world, you can use your new UD GonG stems as combustion bowls w/ a magnifying glass :o

Funny, I actually know a guy who uses them for combusting. He loads them up and then uses the UD corks so he has a bunch of bowls 'ready to go' lol. This is the same guy that insists, every time he uses my UD in cranking it up to max power and intentionally using it as a combustion source. :argh:

@ treecity - thanks for the videos man, and post 500 to boot.. makes me feel special. ;) So I take it you like both the new stem types? I think the nylon ones are great for smaller (but potent!) loads and just like the 'feel' of those classic style stems. With the GonG stems we finally have a way of mating the UD with glass that I'm pretty happy with and I get the feeling they'll be great for reclaim as well.

AdmiralAlpacha

I picked up a new locally blown piece today that I'm pretty excited to try with my UD tomorrow. =) it has a perc, should I use that? Or is double water filtration a mistake with vaporizers?
Let's see some pictures! I don't see any reason why more percolation would be a problem. You might lose some more flavor but if flavor is what I'm after I don't use water in the first place. The more filtration the better in my book.

I get the feeling they'll be great for reclaim as well.

I have the same feeling, when I watched treecity's video I got a little envious of his reclaim :p. I must need to put my stem under more rigorous testing to catch up.:science:

Darkedhunter

Let's see some pictures! I don't see any reason why more percolation would be a problem. You might lose some more flavor but if flavor is what I'm after I don't use water in the first place. The more filtration the better in my book.

Will happily post pictures. :)

IULvuKF.jpg

Skull perc! Juvenile? Perhaps, but I think I like the way it looks.

UejM21C.jpg

The glass is pretty thick, I'm guessing 5mm? Except for where the joint is. Like most glass I have owned, it's pretty much as thin as it gets there. :rofl: I'll be careful, I swear!

Not bad for $70 ;)

Meghan

I just picked up an incredibly cheap glass bong (until I can afford one of Leviathan's pieces!) and it has a dome perc similar to yours. It works absolutely great with the UD. :) Bubble away!

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
I finally got my VVPS that I ordered off of ebay(with some aid of forum members). I got the cable I would need from Dave. Its the same VVPS pictured in the directions that came with Dave's cable. The package from ebay was just the VVPS & cable to attach it to AC outlet. It has a digital display on the front; which has never 'turned on' as of now. It didn't come with any documents/instructions. I'm sure some of yall have used something similar? The 'Tattoo Power-Supplies'. I am frantically trying to get this thing to work! Tried ~7 different outlets. Even tried a lil tuff love :goon:. No dice..unless its ON without the display? If I am not seeing anything, at all, on the front voltage meter & no indication (that I can tell) that it's powered, does this mean that the VVPS is literally not functioning?!? I am quite bummed, frustrated, sad, etc. It shipped all the way from china[2-weeks which would be a nightmare to return], & I had been wanting one for months before I ordered anyways(lack of $). Someone please tell me this thing works, & that I am just missing something obvious? Or tell me the truth. Either way I appreciate the help.

I didn't need this to happen tonight..arggggg :bang: :cry: :argh:
Why o why can't I acquire a freaking power-supply? :disgust:

GratefulVapor,

ogcook

[ ] NOT JEALOUS
[X] JEALOUS

I wish I knew about the UD before jumping the gun and buying a DBV

My thoughts exactly! But I got mine used at a good price so I can't complain. I'll have an UD soon enough.... two on the website I want right now.

ogcook,
Reactions: Crohnie

AdmiralAlpacha

Iv been using it connected with a simple glass stem, favorite set up as of right now. I have some really tasty stuff right now and I just miss out on the flavor with my water piece. Plus I've been sick it is much easier to take smaller hits dry than through glass ime.

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Has anyone else discovered how awesome the new all-glass GonG stems are when just used DRY, not connected to anything?

I love the control it offers from manually keeping the heatport as far from the herb as possible. Haven't turned on my vapexhale cloud in a few days...

I thought the Cloud was the best vape on the market... You really enjoy your UD more? I've been eyeing both of those units as my next vape. I'm already somewhat bored with my DBV. I would've purchased a Cloud or UD originally if I was aware of their existence. Before joining this site I was really only familiar with well-known vapes like the SSV DBV and Extreme Q. Money wasn't an issue and I didn't want a bag vape like the Volcano so I actually thought that I was buying one of the best vapes possible when I got my DBV. Yeah I was wrong. It does the job but clearly there are better vapes. The Cloud's glass is really appealing.

What can I say I'm a very high class woman that enjoys the finer things in life. ;)

SD_haze

I thought the Cloud was the best vape on the market... You really enjoy your UD more? I've been eyeing both of those units as my next vape. I'm already somewhat bored with my DBV. I would've purchased a Cloud or UD originally if I was aware of their existence. Before joining this site I was really only familiar with well-known vapes like the SSV DBV and Extreme Q. Money wasn't an issue and I didn't want a bag vape like the Volcano so I actually thought that I was buying one of the best vapes possible when I got my DBV. Yeah I was wrong. It does the job but clearly there are better vapes. The Cloud's glass is really appealing.

What can I say I'm a very high class woman that enjoys the finer things in life. ;)
One of FuckCombustion's mottos is There is no best vaporizer

The underdog is just so simple and easy to walk up and use. Always on and never dissapoints.
I wouldn't say I enjoy it more but I just end up using it more as a daily driver.

Anyone have experience using their dog for n,n-dmt? A friend of mine recently tried blasting off using the aromatherapy cup and hook (to prevent ruining the core) and was disappointed. Does the cup not get warm enough? The substance seems melted but she didn't taste or feel any vapor.

StatuesCryBleeding,
Reactions: ogcook

that herb guy

There's a thread on that specifically, I believe in the 'vaporizables' section or something. I would say it may be possible but I'm not sure if you'd have to crank the voltage up to where it might damage the vape, and from what I read on the other seems that you need really high temperatures for what your friend is looking for. Also, I am sure it would be easier to use in a stem with maybe a couple of screens than in the aromatherapy cup. The cup is going to start from room temp and have to warm all the way up to reach the same temp as the heat core, so if that's really what you're looking to do crank it up, let the vape get up to temp, leave the cup on it for ~10-15 min, then drop it in and see what happens. IIRC the top voltage recommended is 14V and that's only for a few minute burst, so just be careful. This may not be the ideal way to go about it.

that herb guy,
Reactions: ogcook

timmahsan

treEnt
I now have the GonG stem, and the WonG stem.

Both work great. The WonG stem allows me to move the screen a bit closer to the heat port, so I sometimes use the WonG to finish off a sesh, if I want to try and darken my ABV. I usually keep the VVPS set to 12.5 and sometimes goes up to 13.5 for short periods.

The glass stems potentially allows for a big load, but works just as fine with a little pinch. I do stir after every hit with both stems. I tend to get about 5-7 hits before the vapor production tapers off. I use about .05 grams per stem.

The ABV is mostly golden brown, very even. For darker ABV, I could probably throw it in my solo or crank up the vvps to numbers past 13.5 (leery about damaging my dog), but it doesn't matter, I still get medicated.

Long story short, the UD has been my daily driver since I got it and I value both stems when pairing directly to my bubbler.

I have yet to try and hit it off the glass stem dry, but I might give that a go, I just really enjoy the ritual of a bubbler.

AdmiralAlpacha

Makes me curious what voltage my dog runs out, I need to get a volts meter or just finally get a vvps. My abv is usually dark brown in GonG and I don't really milk it for all its worth like my friends either.

AdmiralAlpacha,
Top Bottom