1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Underdog Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by underdog, Aug 21, 2011.

1. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

I just realized, in a no-electricity post apocalyptic world,
    you can use your new UD GonG stems as combustion bowls w/ a magnifying glass :o

King size, of course.
    [​IMG]

2. Adobewan

Adobewan Well-Known Member

I don't believe vaporists make it past the Apocalypse, I believe we are taken up during the rapture.
    Who better to tend the cloud gardens?
    Just need to bring the proper adapter because,.. wait for it...
    "All (Under)Dogs Go to Heaven!"

JJ420, chisholm, underdogette and 6 others like this.
  3. mnd99

mnd99 Active Member

Thanks for that reply again....one final request :p and this can be fulfilled by any of you dog lovers...is it possible to get a picture shot of how much herb you usually use with UD? I'm autistic and I really don't understand measurements but pictures are like measurements to me :D

4. AdmiralAlpacha

AdmiralAlpacha Well-Known Member

Dogs work really well with just about any amount. Depending on what stem you are using, some of them you can move the screen further or closer depending on your load size and preferred vaping temperature. A few posts back I have a picture of a loaded GonG stem. I'm partial to smaller loads myself, when you have a big load after a few hits it kind of gets an ABV taste. If you have a small load after a few hits you reload and you get greens once more :p.

Since each dog runs at a slightly different tempurature, and stems vary quite a bit I think experimentation is the best method, find what works best for your set up.

If still needed I can post some pictures later, but I gotta run for now.

5. that herb guy

that herb guy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Mine works from just enough to cover the screen up to just below where the heat ends slides into. I believe when I got the dog the card said to try 'approx a pencil eraser amount' and work from there.

6. timmahsan

timmahsan treEnt

Got my UD (Banded Purpleheart) today. It looks beautiful. I currently got the aromatherapy cup on, but will be putting it up to 10v while I'm out tonight. Hopefully when I return I'll be able to put it to 12v and get some awesome clouds. :)

BTW, you did an amazing packing job. Thanks for the goodies too!

7. Darkedhunter

Darkedhunter Well-Known Member

Just had a wonderful experience with my Bocote Twig and a SSFG travel beaker. It's so nice having equipment that you don't have fight to get where you need to be. My UD doesn't feel like a tool, it feels like a partner... Almost like a... Dog... ;)

Also my parents (who don't partake but support my decision to use mmj) love that my room smells like essential oils. One of my favorite features. ^.^

Stu, underdogette, underdog and 2 others like this.
  8. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac I am a stupid asshole.

UD + SSFG TB = :dog:

Me thinks I'll have to order a couple of those GonGs with the ol' paycheck at the end of the week. They appear to be the must-have accessory for us water-lovers... :science:

underdogette and Darkedhunter like this.
  9. Darkedhunter

Darkedhunter Well-Known Member

If you're using a WonG right now, please let me know how it compares. I really like the WonG I have, but I'm curious if the GonG has dramatically less pull (or something like that). :)

10. chinaboy

chinaboy Still learning this thing called Cannabis

Just to make sure, the new GonG stems work on the original core, right? You don't have to buy the new underdog for it to work, right?

Also, those nylon stems look sweet. I wish I could use them. No chance that they'll be a version that can work on the original core anytime soon is there?

11. AdmiralAlpacha

AdmiralAlpacha Well-Known Member

Correct the GonG stems do in fact for with the original core.

Ill second that, id also be interested in trying out a nylon stem for the classic core.
    What can I say, I can't have enough stems :lol:

ogcook likes this.
  12. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

I've been using my WonG daily for weeks now and should have a new GonG by the end of this week. Definitely will compare.

At first I thought the WonG might have superior airflow just because of 18mm vs 14mm, but I think the new GonG might be even better because the WonG's glass tube really isn't that wide.

13. timmahsan

timmahsan treEnt

Had my first session with my UD tonight. I think it went well. I still am reading through the pages, so I don't know a technique or the type of air restriction to expect. I am just following the instructions. I had my session on my deck, and it was mid 50's, so there was a bit of chill in the air.

I preheated my vape from the 4v I had for the cup to 10v for about 2 hours. I then wanted to vape, so I set it to 12v for a solid 30 minutes.

I primarily was using my GonG adapter, and my lattice bubbler. I didn't see vapor build up in the can. There wasn't much air restriction. That surprised me. I hope it is normal. However, when I exhaled, I saw quite the cloud. After a few good hits, I decided to inspect the goods. I used about a pencil eraser portion. It was still green with hints of yellow. Put it back in, repeated the cycle. The next inspection, still greenish/yellow. I did this three more times, same outcome. These all did result in visible exhaled vapor, but no vapor in the bubbler can.

From the videos I have seen thus far, I was expecting a little bit more opacity in the vapor.

I also used the stem and put on a small piece of silicon to the other end and made a SonG adapter, which also produced vapor on exhale, but no vapor in the can.

Perhaps I am just too stoned to observe visible vapor in the can. :)

I'll also have to give it a run when the outside temperature is a bit warmer.

Any ideas? Try a different outlet? The VVPS that came with it was reading 12v.

14. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

@ Darked & SD - the GonG should have less restriction that the WonG since the GonG tube is considerably larger in diameter than the glass liner for the WonG.

@ timmahsan - sounds like you're off to a pretty good start, if you want thicker vapor just increase the voltage a bit.. try setting it at 13v (from a preheat @ 10v) for 10 minutes next time and see what results you get that way. The stock non-vvps power supply outputs about 13.5v just as a point of reference.

ogcook and timmahsan like this.
  15. timmahsan

timmahsan treEnt

Thank you UD. I'll take the insight and apply it at my next session tomorrow eve ;).

ogcook and underdog like this.
  16. Peloton

Peloton Vapes Hard

Timmahsan, really glad to hear you're liking the UD already. In addition to what underdog already mentioned about voltage, grind consistency and load size can have an effect on the vapor density as well... though, the UD does handle very small amounts quite handily. Keep us updated on your progress, please!

underdogette likes this.
  17. Smacked_Salamander

Smacked_Salamander New Member

will hopefully add this to my collection soon :)

18. treecityrnd

treecityrnd Active Member

For those older Zap/CRZ users, I can't tell you how nice it was to have a nylon stem in my hands again last night. I only use the Turbo Tubes because of the all glass for cleaning & reclaim. Now I can get all those benefits in a smaller load size and less heat transfer to the nylon (no hot potato after using it). I posted a load size comparison many moons ago. Ill dig it up but it has the exact load sizes in cm3 for all the available stems (turbo tube, zap stem, etc.). The newest UD or classic Nylon dimensions havent changed, still small and perfect for my taste. But I'll update it to include Daves new 14mm GonG (very pretty).

All in all, very happy Dave is continuing the Nylon stems market. There was a big hole when the torch got dropped (or rather intercepted) for the ZapDog. Thanks for always being there for us Dave!

And my new 18mm NonG works beautifully with the small load. Its the new version of Ricks old tapered shorty stems.

18mm NonG...get yourself one!

BTW dogs - my solution to Dave was to create a SS sleeve that could slip over the OD of the UD port or SS nylon stem tip and allow use with the classic and older cores. Very similar to what Rick made for the PD people and original AromaZap converts to fit the new CRZs. Hopefully its a possibility because every Dog needs a good Nylon bone.

19. chinaboy

chinaboy Still learning this thing called Cannabis

I want this!!!

20. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

@ treecityrnd - thanks for the feedback man, much appreciated. I thought you would like the nylon stems, they're one of my favorites now. I've been playing with making a SS sleeve but haven't gotten anything that I'm fond of yet. Glad to hear you like the 18mm NonG as well, I sent you my prototype so it's a bit rough, I might offer those a little down the road if I can work out some production kinks.

Almost caught back up on emails, if you're still waiting for a response from me on something you should get it today.. just a little while longer. :p

21. Meghan

Meghan Well-Known Member

I finally had a chance to test out the 14mm GonG with my new little water pipe. I was going for stealth and portability with the glass (and low price!), so it can't support the weight of the Twig on its own without tipping. No biggie...I hold it and it hits great! It's been a while since I've had a bong, and have never vaped with one before, so there was a slight learning curve, but by my second session I was milking the tube with ease. Hooray!

Once again, my Dog makes my day.

ogcook, underdogette, Stu and 2 others like this.
  22. timmahsan

timmahsan treEnt

Round two with my UD was a success. I was playing with the VVPS at around 13v to 13.5v. Nice clouds! I will say that I think the high is a little bit cleaner than say my solo, which is nice!

Anyone have any tips and tricks for the newbie? :) I'm on page 62 and still going...only 200 more pages! LOL

Crohnie, underdogette and ogcook like this.
  23. Crohnie

Crohnie Well-Known Member

My Dog is on loan to my sister for a couple of weeks. Sure am missing my Pup...can't wait to get him back! :dog:

underdogette likes this.
  24. Meghan

Meghan Well-Known Member

What a nice brother. :D All of a sudden I'm glad my sister doesn't medicate...not sure I could loan out my Dog. Selfish, maybe, but I'm nothing without my best friend!

Crohnie and underdogette like this.
  25. Crohnie

Crohnie Well-Known Member

My Pup is my daily driver. Fortunately, I've got my Pinnacle and my Volcano to comfort me in my sadness. :cry:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors