Underdog Log Vapes

GOATPUSSY

If I didn't already have a holiday party this weekend, I'd say stu should have a party and invite us all to come see his new Wong

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
When I get my underdog I want him to come with a matching WonG. Carpet match the drapes kinda thing ya know :brow:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If I didn't already have a holiday party this weekend, I'd say stu should have a party and invite us all to come see his new Wong
Too bad you can't make it, GP..... someone else will have to bring the chips now. Volunteers?

:peace:

Stu,

that herb guy

Too bad you can't make it, GP..... someone else will have to bring the chips now. Volunteers?

:peace:

Dorito's on deck, now who do I speak with about my airfare costs? :lol:

Really looking forward to hearing about the wong's (still sounds weird to say), this has been my biggest (only?) drawback to the dog so far.

Had a couple of friends come by yesterday for a quick session, regular combusters who had messed around with some ghetto box-whip vapes. Needless to say they walked out coughing LMAO. If I can get them to splurge a little extra, the pup might have some companions soon.

that herb guy,

dorkus_molorkus

not sure I wanna line up to look at Stu's WANG.

In fact I reckon some of you peeps are a bit sick(ish).

Im not a homophobe or nuthin, but you wanna have chips, dips n shit, just to lok at Stu's WANG?
What in a hot tub too I bet?

Oh hang on, ........................................ WONG

well that changes everything doesnt it??:rofl:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Woooo another party at Stu's house!? :rockon:

Hey I've got a random question for all you Dogs. As a lot of you know I try pretty hard to provide good customer service and while I can't claim I always make everyone happy I do try and I think it goes pretty well. I think this skews my perception of what to expect when I'm doing business with other companies though. Specifically I've had two experiences in the past 6 months, in both cases buying pieces of hardware in the $600-$900 range and had problems with the hardware or the purchase process. In both of these cases when I asked the companies to 'make things right' I was basically told 'you should have read the small print' and 'go fuck yourself' then I'm left to hang. So I guess I expect too much in this day and age? Regardless it leaves me pretty dumbfounded and not sure how to even respond. :disgust: Thoughts? What is a person to do?

So on the above subject, if any of you guys ever have a problem give me a chance and I will do my best to make things better. No guarantees of success but I really will try! :peace:

that herb guy

Specifically I've had two experiences in the past 6 months, in both cases buying pieces of hardware in the $600-$900 range and had problems with the hardware or the purchase process. In both of these cases when I asked the companies to 'make things right' I was basically told 'you should have read the small print' and 'go fuck yourself' then I'm left to hang. So I guess I expect too much in this day and age? Regardless it leaves me pretty dumbfounded and not sure how to even respond. :disgust: Thoughts? What is a person to do?

Sadly that's just the way (most of) the world works today. If something doesn't work but is 'good enough' statistically that they can still make a profit selling them... they will. It's tough in the electronics (I'm assuming - power supplies, etc?) market because well.. sometimes shit just happens. Small print ends up fucking a lot of people over in the long run, but legally if they have disclaimers there's not much to be done. Not morally the right thing, but legally they can wiggle out of wrongdoing that way. You would think you could hold them responsible for defective units, but you'd probably have to itemize each piece and go through inventory 9 times double checking digits, etc... and that's IF they have any kind of return/warranty policy. Most just say all sales are final and any defects are at the buyers risk or something along those lines. It is a little hard to understand a supplier putting out shoddy equipment on the regular and not having any kind of policy to back what they're selling though.

The best hope is customers simply stop giving them their business and that the loss in money makes the adapt a little better to the requests made of them. If they're dealing in bulk and 'most' units are functional, there's not much reason for them to change if there's no $ motivation.

that herb guy,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
One possibly dumb question about the Underdog: has anyone used it in cooler temperatures? By that, I mean does anyone keep it outside, say, on a porch where it might get rather cool? Just wondering if it remains as effective because I like to vape outside - as long as it's above 40, anyway. I'm just worried about possibly cracking it.

Anyway, hope to be an active member here from now on. I love this site!

Welcome! I bought mine in May and kept/used it in my garage until it started getting cold outside. I noticed that my ABV was a a bit lighter. Ambient temperature does play a small roll. Will it still work? Yes, but it will likely be a little bit less efficient and harder on the heating core to keep up in the long run if left out in the cold running 24/7. I moved mine into the house for the winter and plan to go back to the garage when it warms up.

**edit** quote FAIL

diebodie

Whats with the international shipping? Can't the UD fit in a USPS small flat rate box. 30$ seems steep.. I order off newegg all the time and even my bulky full ATX case only cost 18$ to ship.

Do the aromatherapy devices get stopped at customs often? Does customs usually charge a fee?

diebodie,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ that herb guy - yeah I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Fortunately I have pretty good experience (and great vendors) when it comes to electronics stuff including power supplies. The biggest problem with trying to warranty power supplies is that it's value is less than what it costs the customer to send it back so it's kind of a no-win situation with those. The bad experiences I wrote about are for a piece of shop equipment (the glass machine I curse at some point earlier in the thread for breaking constantly) and for a new file server I bought for the office a week or two ago. Both were bought through Amazon retailers (not Amazon itself), the file server accidentally :rant:and both retailers have basically told me to piss off when I had problems. Amazon's awesome return policy unfortunately doesn't really apply to their resellers only things fulfilled by Amazon directly. In the case of the file server it was an accidental order (wrong thing in the cart) that we tried to cancel as soon as we noticed what had happened (hours later) and was told 'nope, sorry, too late' even though it didn't ship for a couple days after that. What is really chapping my ass is that the company is insisting on trying to charge me a 20% restocking fee on an unopened item (not even the shipping carton!) which is a decent sum of money for a $700 piece of equipment. :mental: It's just greed plain and simple in my mind. Anyways.. whatever.

@ happyTrails - thanks for the feedback on running a Pup in colder environments, my experience with the shop Dog is similar to yours. I do find the effect more pronounced if it's actually sitting on a cold surface (like the floor) as the cold radiates up through it, by sitting the Dog on a scrap of carpet it reduced the radiated chill quite a bit so that might be a good option for people looking to have an outside Dog. :)

@ diebodie - unfortunately the kit won't even come close to fitting in a small flat rate box so we have to use a medium and the actual shipping charges to most destinations in the EU runs us $48 (+insurance) so we actually end up covering $20 of the charges for the customer ourselves. The big players like Newegg, Amazon, etc get special rates since they ship such huge volumes of stuff but this doesn't apply to us little guys. :cry: Not sure about the odds of stuff being stopped by customs maybe a EU member can chime in on that.

Alright Dogs, I'm diving back into shop work.. and trying not to drown as we're in the midst of some wild winter weather here in NorCal, wish me luck!

underdog,

diebodie

I'm in Quebec.. But no wonder people on here praise you and your business model.. It's rare to see a company give two shits about anyone who isn't in America.. I live 30 mins from the border and yet with selection, prices and shipping i'm gouged, often paying 20% more than someone in Alaska despite being much closer.. Netflix Canada, amazon.ca and newegg.ca are all complete shit compared to the American version of those same sites..

Ahem... /rant

diebodie,

underdog

Manufacturer
Loving the look of the Wongs Dave :tup: By any chance will you be making any longer wood stems with glass lining on the inside? Say about 5"-6" long? How soon before the Wongs are available on the site?

Oops sorry Gonzo I missed your post earlier. Yes I plan on making more full sized glass/wood stems have just been swamped with work and still need to work out a couple kinks with the full sized pieces. Soon though if all goes well.

@ diebodie - ah Quebec, love that place! I spent a week or two working up there last year (Quebec City) and man it was beautiful and the people were awesome as well. Shipping anywhere outside the USA can be a pain these days but we're really determined to make it work. Between the shipping costs and the paperwork it can be frustrating (for us and customers) but fortunately I'm a stubborn type. :brow:

EveryDayAmnesiac

If taking a log vape outside, you can use an insulator like those that you slip over an aluminum beer can...

That's a great idea! So the insulation won't trap too much heat or anything?

One possibly dumb question about the Underdog: has anyone used it in cooler temperatures? By that, I mean does anyone keep it outside, say, on a porch where it might get rather cool? Just wondering if it remains as effective because I like to vape outside - as long as it's above 40, anyway. I'm just worried about possibly cracking it.

Anyway, hope to be an active member here from now on. I love this site!

Welcome! I bought mine in May and kept/used it in my garage until it started getting cold outside. I noticed that my ABV was a a bit lighter. Ambient temperature does play a small roll. Will it still work? Yes, but it will likely be a little bit less efficient and harder on the heating core to keep up in the long run if left out in the cold running 24/7. I moved mine into the house for the winter and plan to go back to the garage when it warms up.

**edit** quote FAIL

Thank you very much for your input. I talked to Dave about it and his sentiments were pretty much the same as yours. I thank I'll probably just end up plugging it in right next to the porch door and just keep it outside only while I'm actually vaping. It's just not a vape session without a wilderness view and some fresh air, in my opinion.

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: Athena

underdog

Manufacturer
An external insulator could be used temporarily but if left on can result in the Dog overheating and being damaged so if you do that don't forget and leave it on (for more than maybe an hour or two). I think a couple people around here learned that the hard way after tucking their UDs in between couch cushions and forgetting about them. :o

underdog,
Reactions: SD_haze

natural_healing

I ordered one today and the payment went through. However, is it too late to get a refund? The reason is because i ordered a different vape earlier and tried to cancel that but its already been shipped. Please let me know thanks. I will send you an email as well. Thanks.

Got the refund thanks for the quick reply

natural_healing,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Hello. Long time lurker. Ive read through a couple of hundred pages in my spare time.Liking things here and there.Im finally done! It was well worth it though.I love the fc community, although some threads do play favorites Imho...I dont care for that at all..

Anyway.I have a mflb thats my daily driver.It gets me were I want to be. but using it is time consuming. I was going to buy a walnut mflb. And then I thought I would much rather have a one of a kind desktop. There is so much variety to the materials that are used. Personally Im drawn to the teak twig. Hopefully it wil still be on site tomorrow so i can purchase it. Its a xmas gift from my gf to me ..

I just wanted to thank everyone that takes the time to post on this forum. I can see how passionate everyone is, its contagious. And has helped make this decision an easy one for me. Sorry for the run ons, I speak in fragments and cant help myself!

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
that's awesome Nbajunkie! my Dog was a little gift to myself too ;)

i felt the same way about how the MFLB does get me to where i wanted to be but just too long. i think you'll see that a UD will compliment your MFLB very well. let us know how you like it when it get to your front door!

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Forsure, Im excited! Now I have a question about payment. I dont have a paypal account,but plan on buying a prepaid visa from my local walgreens.Il Load it up with 250 and should be good from there right? Ive never done this before.. I usually just buy from my lhs.

Nbajunkie,

that herb guy

Forsure, Im excited! Now I have a question about payment. I dont have a paypal account,but plan on buying a prepaid visa from my local walgreens.Il Load it up with 250 and should be good from there right? Ive never done this before.. I usually just buy from my lhs.

Just a shot in the dark, but you'll probably still need to set up a paypal account to purchase. Good news is loading those cards is instant so there's no processing time.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in, but that's my best guess.

@TBOT - I lurk the UD page on whim sometimes just to see what's on the page, that's one of the ones that always caught my eye. Good choice :tup:. I'm pretty much in the same boat, just got mine maybe a month or two ago and it's a great little machine. Did it already arrive? I eventually figured out draw was a lot less important than where you place the screen. At least in my experience, draw really only matters with hash/kief... and probably reclaim but I've yet to scrape my stems.

that herb guy,

TBOT

@TBOT - I lurk the UD page on whim sometimes just to see what's on the page, that's one of the ones that always caught my eye. ..... Did it already arrive?

Yep, it was hard to choose, there were so many nice ones at the time. The figure of the wood is beautiful. Arrived this afternoon, been performing various tests since. Great evening so far :clap:

Top Bottom