Underdog Log Vapes

Lineup%20%28052112%29a.jpg

Wow, center one is amazing, and that blue mahoe twig is wonderful as well.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Pretty cool huh? I fired it up and I think it caused an earthquake in your area.. hope everyone is alright over there. :o :lmao:
Lol Dave .. you we close enough the epicenter was 25 km away from me.. First thing i though while it happend was that i was fogged out.. or i have developed Alzheimers due to the increased use of the Supreme which has aluminium heating element which you heat with 1200C Torch.. :uhoh:.
I am getting my dog in the next few hours.. My friend who is getting the Red Bishop should be here any time soon.. He said he can't wait to taste it..,he became wood addict since he tried mine.. and even more since he ordered his.. I will try to shoot a video of both in action cuz he is going back home in day.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, got another one aye SM? Congrats, it is a very interesting piece indeed.

The 'other' blue mahoe twig looks pretty awesome as well Dave, perhaps I just should have gotten both :rolleyes:

I still need to email you back btw, but I'm a little bit busy this week. I won't forget you though ;)

Sounds like a good solution btw, mailing the PD owners a look at the damage.

International tracking works quit well actually. The next message should be when it arrives in dutch customs, and then it can take anywhere from 2 days to two weeks before that magic message 'out for delivery' appears. Last time it was scanned in SF was 4 days ago though, so I suspect it's probably already on dutch soil but no one opened the container yet to scan everything.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks guys, glad you all like the new pieces.. been working hard on them the last week. Of course that's a never ending cycle as I finished those just in time to begin a new litter of pups this week. ;)

underdog,
Reactions: darkrom

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I thought it was just me, but all the Underdogs seem to be a little bit quiet lately. I know it is over here, but is the weather too nice to sit behind a computer everywhere else around the world as well perhaps?

Dave, I know you denied it the first time I asked you, but I think you really should re-evaluate your psychic powers buddy :tup:

I was getting ready to go out this afternoon, and was a bit annoyed when the doorbell rang just when I was trying to think of which stuff I needed to pack to bring with me when I noticed the mailman's van..

I didn't expect anything and I figured he just wanted to dump a package that was addressed to one of my not-at-home-neighbors, and I was almost a little shocked when I saw your name on the package that was handed to me. I don't know what happened exactly, but it got here in a good week or so and for some reason customs didn't even charge me for the regular fees this time. That is the first time ever I didn't have to pay any fees nor taxes when ordering from the USA, they must have missed it somehow.

Abluesymalhoe looks awesome anyway, it really is an amazing and odd kind of wood when you look at it up close. I have a survival knife with some pieces of mica on the handle that are made to look like olive wood, and I can detect a similar woven-fabric-like pattern in the lighter parts of the BM strange enough. I must take a good look at it with my USB microscope sometime soon.

The shape and size is just perfect for me. I always thought the old one was a little on the thick side for my hands, and even though this one is just a few mm thinner it feels way more ergonomic to me.

The new core looks very cool too! A bit slicker than the older one I'd say, not that there was anything wrong with how that one looked. I also noticed that the tube you slide the stems on is a little shorter then with my older UD, but I'm not sure, this may vary a little per unit perhaps.

I didn't have any time to try it out this afternoon, but I noticed a reasonably strong smell coming from the vape so I decided to turn it on straight away so it could dispensate a bit before I would use it in the evening. I left it on 11V for 3 to 4 hours and I can still smell it, but it's a lot less strong now. Not entirely sure where it comes from though. Does Blue Mahoe have it's own scent, could it be the beeswax, or is it just the leather bottom? It's not a smell that bothers me or anything and it is already getting very faint now after just a few hours of use and airing out, but I'm just curious if it could be anything else but the leather. It smells a bit salty to me, like seaweed or the ocean, that's the best way I can describe it.

Now the really important bits, performance:

I noticed this one has a very low resistance compared to my late little-bullet (thanks for that), and it performs about the same @ 1,8V lower than the old one. Heat up time seems a lot quicker, but the thinner shape and lighter wood may also contribute to that. Not much more to tell to be honest. I only tried two stems so far, but well, it's just awesome. As good as I can tell the air-resistance/drag is even less with the new one, and it seems to perform a little better when vaping at a lower temp/voltage somehow. But I need to do way more testing before I can be sure about subtleties like that, poor me :brow:

The caddy looks and functions awesome too, Underdoggette. Thanks for matching the leather on the bottom to that of the UD itself btw, I really appreciate little details like that :) I decided to drill another hole in it to accommodate my favorite poker/stir tool. I think I'll insert a little piece of very thin brass or ss tubing in the hole so the wood won't loose it's shape over time from inserting the stainless steel poker I use.

I couldn't do a whole lot with the light this time in the evening so I'll shoot some better ones this weekend, but I wanted to include at least a picture of the beauties on dutch soil anyways. Thanks so much to the both of you, I couldn't be happier with my lovely new companions!

minip1010834copy.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Good work OTG I like the twig you got it looks great with the beeswax finish. I just got my new dog in today. I want to take photos of the un-boxing for the reviews.... but I need to wait a few mins before I can. It is killing me. I really want to see what it looks like.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks SM. I really didn't have time to unpack it this afternoon but I just had to so I made some. What I really wanted to do was have a quick session though, but I still had to drive and I don't get on a bike when high so that was a no go unfortunately. Making up for that rapidly though :tup:

A few minutes should be doable anyways, you're probably there already now ;)

This really is some freaky wood man. The darker bits are also beautiful but still seem fairly normal, but those lighter bits are just crazy. That picture doesn't even begin to do it justice I'm afraid, and I'm not all that sure a camera can capture the effects at all. It's like a hazy iridescent satin like glow over it with this oddest lines or grain(s?) like in that mica I described.

I think I need to stare at it some more, lol

Enjoy the new Dog bro, looking forward to the pics :tup:

djonkoman

nice, indeed I've been quite to, busy and nice weather, just today I got visibly tanner.. altough that's not difficult, how white I was. and only sat in the shade(in the sun is too warm for me), so luckily I didn't even get burned. thought my neck may have burned since I had the sun in my back while drvining home on my bicycle, but looks like I'm lucky, still feels completely unburned.
hope my bedroom cools down well tough.

on days like this I'm gratefull for the existance of water

edit:
@OTA: do you mean a motorbike? since I know you have one, and a not motorised bike/bicycle was my first thought when I read it but isn't hard to drive high at all, even drove on a bicycle on shrooms(altough most of the trip was over, I had looked forward to it but took too long to find my bicycle, so wasn't tripping anymore)

djonkoman,

darkrom

Great Scott!
The smell is definitely not the leather. I'm fairly confident that its the Underbutter which is all natural and safe. I actually like the smell so I apply it thick when I'm not going to use it for a few hours and let it sit next to me to smell nice.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ OTA - I'd also say the smell is probably not the leather, with your piece OTA I'm guessing it's either the wax I used to buff your piece or the Mahoe itself (which has unique odor to it) or a combination of the two. It should fade over time I imagine. Glad you're liking the piece and you're totally right a camera isn't well suited to capturing the essence of these woods.

@ SM - ooooh exciting dude, an unboxing photo sesh.. looking forward to it. :)

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sounds like your UD is working pretty well for you still there Djonko :tup:

But it was hot today man. Bike-suits are no fun in this kind of weather.

It's not the underbutter smell Darkorm, that smells more like honey & nuts to me :lol:
As far as my nose can tell Dave didn't put any of that on this one. It must be either the wood or the wax, or both perhaps. I can distinguish the leather smell from it now, which smells really good imo :brow:

I'm not concerned about safety or anything, it's not a 'alarming' scent but rather organic. I'm just curious if it belongs to the BH mostly.

edit: Gotcha Dave, that's what I was thinking. It really is awesome this wood, contemplating if I should let you reserve it's other half for me as well.. :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I scratched though my screen but nothing happened... Now it just smells like circuit board...

Going to go photograph the new dog.

Slightly Medicated,

djonkoman

yes I now also use my UD with the aromacup with citronella-oil (and beeswax) hoping it will keep the mosquito's outside a bit while having the windows wide open to cool down.
also opened a battle with garlicextract yesterday and placed it open under the window of my bedroom(I made the garlicextract for experiements with garlic to deter slugs, just water+cut bits of garlic+time), but forgot to close it so when I came home today I was greeted by a strong garlicsmell
and also some citronellasmell

djonkoman,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Top Bottom