Underdog Log Vapes

sethhobrin

Welcome to the pack sethhobrin .Both your choices are true lookers (not that there is a single ugly dog out there) . It looks like you got hooked on UDs even before trying them lol.. You will be having twice the fun for sure :tup:

I actually purchased a beautiful piece from Dave a little over a week ago. Unfortunately the design was so beautiful and intricate that one of the small exotic woods pieces developed some cracks due to heat expansion. Dave no longer uses that wood for that reason. He graciously offered to repair, exchange, pretty much anything I wanted within reason. I was so impressed with the UD and the way that Dave handled himself I just had to get a 2nd for my basement brewery. I wish companies would do business like Dave does. The world would be a much better place!

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Congrats to all the new pack members :tup: Please post some pics if you can. We love seeing the pups warming in their new homes.

@HES Dave's customer service truly sets the bar!

Gonzo,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ Gonzo - hey dude, nice club! :tup:I was glad to be able to find a use for that slender piece of LV and glad you liked it as much as I hoped you would. Take good care of that Tupelo Goblet.. she's special.

@ Jesus - no prob dude, glad you got everything safe and sound and that you like the stem. Thanks!

@ Tai Sun - I think you'll really like it dude, it's left here and is on it's way around the world.. lots of dogs going Down Under these days.

@ Sethhobrin - Still getting the two pieces ready for you dude, I haven't forgotten about you.. as I seem to say a lot these days, thanks for being so patient!

@ HES - thanks for the mini-review and update man, nice to hear you're getting your fog on. I bought the Big Bamboo Log back from another pack member a week or two ago and was going to resell it but then decided I wanted the two to go as a pair instead, sometimes it's not all about the money.. figured you wouldn't mind the surprise. :p

Alright dudes and dudettes I'm headed back to the shop. I'm plowing through pieces as fast as I can and getting caught up on orders pretty quickly but will still need you all to bear with a bit more. Luckily you're all a bunch of patient old Dogs which I'm thankful for.

I'll probably continue to only post here once or twice a day (and maybe not until evening some days) since it's either hang out and post here or get in the shop and make pieces.. I'm pretty sure I know which you guys would prefer. :haw:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
2630_2001_a_space_odyssey_hello_dave.jpg

Just reporting in on that proto twig. I've been giving the jester a break for now and running the twig exclusively at home since I got it. Really enjoying it. It seems to handle higher temps perfectly which is something I was looking for right now :clap:

HUGE hits at 13v. Then again huge hits at 12v as well....

darkrom,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
has anyone tried using the first part of the PA for the MFLB for their UD? i noticed that it fits into the UD's plug and that the output on it is 12V. would it be safe to use?

edit: it also says it's a 'Switching Adapter'. i think i've heard the term around this thread but im not very knowledgeable in the realm of electronics.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

underdog

Manufacturer
has anyone tried using the first part of the PA for the MFLB for their UD? i noticed that it fits into the UD's plug and that the output on it is 12V. would it be safe to use?

edit: it also says it's a 'Switching Adapter'. i think i've heard the term around this thread but im not very knowledgeable in the realm of electronics.

I haven't used that specific power supply but as long as it physically fits in the plug, it's 12v and 1000ma (or 1A) or higher output power it should be fine. There have been problems with 'switching adapters' burning out (the adapter not the UD) when hooked to UDs after a couple weeks so use with caution.

@ darkrom - thanks for the update dude, nice to know your Twig is still a foggy doggy. ;)

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice HES ! I am doing the same from quite some time.. I had a friends who claimed that even 0.5 g loads on DBV/MW wasn't getting him high enough (yeah lol) but he admits that a pinch in the dog get him as satisfied as huge bongrip.

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ HES - haha keep up the good work dude.. seems most new pack members disappear for a couple days after first getting their UDs, must be hard to navigate through all the fog or something. :brow:

@ Abysmal - glad to know you're showing people the light there too Abysmal

Alright time for a couple shop updates and then I'm off to get in a bit more work before bed.

Finally an updated picture of the 'Standard Kit' that comes with UDs
StandardKit12782w.JPG

Simple Glass Stems w/cork and storage tube (sold in a 3/pk or individually)
Glass3pk12781w.JPG

A custom, simple Purpleheart uberTwig
%2840D_12766%29w.jpg

Grande Ash Rook
%2840D_12765%29w.jpg

Ash MadHatter
%2840D_12773%29w.jpg

Simple Ash Curves
%2840D_12774%29w.jpg

Custom Aluminum protoTower
AluminumTwr12778w.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey Dave :) The APT (Aluprototower) looks awesome .. Does it uses the same core as the UD ? Does it get hot ? :)
LOL Stu .. you cut the seconds huh :p
This might be an immortal dog ..

Abysmal Vapor,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
whoa, that aluminum prototower is pretty badass. i have a feeling your market base will shoot up with that robopup. anything different about it design wise besides being aluminum? if you don't mind sharing ;)

also i had a question for you Dave, or anyone else who has an answer. i noticed that my Bamboo twig can get really hot at the top. i've heard people say they like to hold their pieces for warmth while vaping but mine gets so hot that i don't think i can hold around the top and need to hold the bottom. i'm assuming that it's because it's made out of bamboo which technically is in the grass family and not wood but still leaves me a bit worried to leave on 24/7 in case it causes damage since its so hot.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Love the looks of that aluminum piece dude! Nice to see you experiment with other materials as well. You must have some really nice tools & machinery in that shop of yours :brow:

I asked you before but I guess you missed it: have you ever considered doing a piece out of marble or granite perhaps?

I've read your email btw Dave, but I just got back from east Germany and need to crash and chill for a bit first now so I'll reply another day.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey guys glad to see you all like the aluminum piece, at this point it's just an experiment and a conversation starter.. I might at some point make some limited edition pieces similar to that for sale but again, for now, just an experiment. :science:

@ HES - Some of the twigs definitely run hotter than others and the bamboo might run on the hot side. I don't know how the heat will affect it long-term either so I guess we'll learn together. If it suffers unduly from the heat let me know and I'll take care of it.. or if you prefer you can baby it and not run it 24/7 but I don't expect that of you. Primarily I want you to enjoy the pieces..

@ OTA - No worries dude, I've got plenty of other emails here to keep me occupied while you're recouping. Hope your trip was a good one!

underdog,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
at this point I don't run either the twig or the log 24/7, I need to make sure im at least a somewhat productive college student ;) I usually have the pieces running from about 3pm to 1am. figure this would reduce the overall wear and tear and also save on energy/help the environment a little. im not too worried though since I do already baby both my UDs :D thanks for the reassurance though.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
at this point I don't run either the twig or the log 24/7, I need to make sure im at least a somewhat productive college student ;) I usually have the pieces running from about 3pm to 1am. figure this would reduce the overall wear and tear and also save on energy/help the environment a little. im not too worried though since I do already baby both my UDs :D thanks for the reassurance though.

edit: sorry for the double post. wrote this one my cell and I can't figure out how to delete it.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

djonkoman

I was thinking the same :p
aluminium is a cool idea, but personally I prefer wood, wood has that nice natural feel and look while aluminium just seems so industrial and modern to me, like all those modern architecture buildings that are all straight and blocky, and light colors, and I think modern interior desgn looks even worse, I like some mess in my house, some plants, and furniture made from wood/leather

djonkoman,

SD_haze

I've heard cork is a natural insulator, could a UD be made out of that? :science:

If it fell on a desk or something it'd just bounce off!

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've heard cork is a natural insulator, could a UD be made out of that? :science:

If it fell on a desk or something it'd just bounce off!

On the other hand what about a GLASS body UD lol. The polar opposite just for "because I could" factor.

darkrom,
Top Bottom