Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
1200 squishing pounds. You should toss some kief in that baby!

I want to point out how this is a happy peaceful thread unlike many of the others here. I like it that way.

darkrom,
Reactions: pomogirl

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
darkrom said:

I want to point out how this is a happy peaceful thread unlike many of the others here. I like it that way.

Haha yeah huh? Too many projects too little time!

I'm actually hoping to upgrade my clamping capacity to something more powerful as there are some uses for which 1200lbs just isn't enough... but now we're veering off into top-secret territory again dang-it! :cool:

underdog,

placetime

underdog said:
I actually have plans and an expensive pile of wood to make a black/yellow striped piece or two.. I was thinking it would look more like a bee but I guess it would also look kikda like truffula's. :p

That's funny--one other idea we thought about when "brainstorming" for the contest was a bumblebee. We thought it might go nicely alongside your "beehive" vapes and a ladybug. :)

underdog said:
but now we're veering off into top-secret territory again
:science: :rockon:

placetime,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
to Dave, this isn't really a question about your product persay, but i remember you mentioning you had a couple pieces that were 2+ years old that you still use regularly, and it got me curious as to what your personal underdog setup looks like, or if you have more than one go to vape.

i just thought it would be neat to see what creation the underdog himself uses!

Alright Stroh here you go, a picture of my vaping station on my office desk:
e994ko.jpg

I've got a couple variable power supplies feeding with multiple end plugs so I can heat more than one at a time if I want. The caddy in the front holds my 2-3 favorite vapes plus a couple stems. The circular caddy in the back has a bunch of different vapes in it too. Off to the left is my ABV jar, my underbutter and my tea cup used for loading/unloading stems. Also on the left is a box vape I made for myself out of spare parts a couple years ago. Of all the vapes pictured 3-4 are 2+ years old and some are ugly enough to prove they were prototypes. :cool:

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
underdog said:
stroh said:
to Dave, this isn't really a question about your product persay, but i remember you mentioning you had a couple pieces that were 2+ years old that you still use regularly, and it got me curious as to what your personal underdog setup looks like, or if you have more than one go to vape.

i just thought it would be neat to see what creation the underdog himself uses!

Alright Stroh here you go, a picture of my vaping station on my office desk:
http://i54.tinypic.com/e994ko.jpg

I've got a couple variable power supplies feeding with multiple end plugs so I can heat more than one at a time if I want. The caddy in the front holds my 2-3 favorite vapes plus a couple stems. The circular caddy in the back has a bunch of different vapes in it too. Off to the left is my ABV jar, my underbutter and my tea cup used for loading/unloading stems. Also on the left is a box vape I made for myself out of spare parts a couple years ago. Of all the vapes pictured 3-4 are 2+ years old and some are ugly enough to prove they were prototypes. :cool:

now that is a mighty nice looking vape station you got going, the caddies seem like a great idea, perhaps i could rig something up for my future underdog and MFLB, my desk tends to be a mess and anything to help organize myself a little better would be good haha. does that box vape usee stems like the rest of the UDs, or does it use a whip?

darkrom said:

agreed, in the past there have been many petty arguments regarding log vapes and comparisons to one another, but this thread seems to reflect the overall maturity level, amicability, and benevolence that the Fuck Combustion community is known for.

stroh,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
underdog said:
darkrom said:

I actually have plans and an expensive pile of wood to make a black/yellow striped piece or two.. I was thinking it would look more like a bee but I guess it would also look kikda like truffula's. :p

In other news, just came in from the shop where I released Abysmal's piece from the clamps and then added the 2nd stage glue up parts and back into the clamps. In a couple hours at 1,200lbs of squishing the glue will be set and I'll move on to stage 3. I'll get more pics at some point.
:ko: This magic hash is really workin.. :D.. Just was imaging my puppy .. .. I will keep on puffin... and i bet it will get even better.. LOL

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
[h]Some of you may be aware that Friday is the Underdog's birthday, in more ways that one.[/h]

> It's my birthday
> It's the 4-legged Underdog's birthday
> It's the Underdog Vapes business birthday

Instead of cake lets have half priced vapes! (ah screw it lets have cake too!)

So, in celebration of said birthdays I've decided to do a super-happy-funtime-limited-edition-birthday-vape promotion and make a 'batch' of birthday vapes and sell them at a birthday price of $125!

They will be available on the website on Friday (and Friday only!) for 24 hours with the standard kit for $125!

These simple vapes will be built around the 1/4" core as it was the core that started the business and will be simple 1-2 wood type models (like the Ash Bullet: http://www.underdogvapes.com/index.php/catalog/11591/ ) The vapes will be built and shipped out over the course of the following week. No customization will be available for these vapes.

1% of proceeds will go to worthy cause.. treats for the 4-legged Underdog.
UnderdogReal-1.jpg

UnderdogReal-2.jpg

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
now that is a mighty nice looking vape station you got going, the caddies seem like a great idea, perhaps i could rig something up for my future underdog and MFLB, my desk tends to be a mess and anything to help organize myself a little better would be good haha. does that box vape usee stems like the rest of the UDs, or does it use a whip?

Thanks, the caddies are pretty awesome and we tend to sell quite a few customized for peoples particular needs but haven't been making them recently.. I plan to start again in the next month or two in case you're interested.

The box vape uses the same 3/8" tubing that the standard stems are made from just longer (though I have used it with a 4" stem haha). I always meant to get a thinner length of tubing and make a proper whip but can't ever seem to remember.. :)

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
just passed word about your friday sale on another mary jane friendly forum that has a much higher traffic than this, so hopefully some people will take notice. the four legged underdog seems like quite the character, does he have any cavalier king charles in him? they are such sweet dogs.

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
That's a really sweet promotion underdog.

and the four legged Underdog looks like a real sweetie too. :D

Thanks mom!

stroh said:
just passed work about your friday sale on another mary jane friendly forum that has much high traffic than this, so hopefully some people will take notice. the four legged underdog seems like quite the character, does he have any cavalier king charles in him? they are such sweet dogs.

Thanks stroh! I'll take all the free advertising I can get.. :D

And yeah good ID there, the 4x-Underdog is 100% Cavalier King Charles! He's about as good a dog as I think could exist and if you know the breed I'm sure you could see why I chose him as my 'mascot'. He's always loyal, friendly, loving and is an eternal optimist. He always thinks the best of any situation haha.

underdog,
Ohmigod that is an adorable dog. Your blood pressure just crashes at the sight of him!

I'm seriously pondering buying one of your vapes at the birthday price Underdog - just thinking about my bank account though! Darkrom's very positive claims about performance, about it being a heavy hitter while also being impressively efficient, has me itching.

charliedontsurf,
placetime said:
Great birthday special! I wish I had the money in my toy fund to get one! I'll just have to patiently wait for the ladybug. :D I expect you'll get a lot of orders, though. I hope you have your Super Energy Pill handy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP63KJoVmjQ ;)

Dude, the cartoon Underdog has a drug-stash ring! That's fucked up. :lol:

About the 1/4 inch core Underdog...

Edit:
underdog said:
The difference between the two cores is simply that the 1/4" heats up slightly faster and the stems take a smaller load of herb, about 1/2 that of the 3/8" core. They are also smaller in diameter than the larger core which means it can fit in a smaller vape body. Hope that answers your question.

Oi, now I just don't know! I imagine a larger, wider bowl would lead to bigger, denser hits.

charliedontsurf,

underdog

Manufacturer
charliedontsurf said:
placetime said:
Great birthday special! I wish I had the money in my toy fund to get one! I'll just have to patiently wait for the ladybug. :D I expect you'll get a lot of orders, though. I hope you have your Super Energy Pill handy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP63KJoVmjQ ;)

Edit:
underdog said:
The difference between the two cores is simply that the 1/4" heats up slightly faster and the stems take a smaller load of herb, about 1/2 that of the 3/8" core. They are also smaller in diameter than the larger core which means it can fit in a smaller vape body. Hope that answers your question.

Oi, now I just don't know! I imagine a larger, wider bowl would lead to bigger, denser hits.

Well I suppose you could definitely load more into a 3/8" stem and get bigger hits if you were so inclined but trust me there's nothing small about the hits from the 1/4" core. I use the 1/4" almost everyday and I've been at this a while.. :lol:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Ok stroh your piece is on its way.

I couldn't help myself so I sent it early, hopefully you'll get it in time for the weekend. :D

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
charliedontsurf said:
Ohmigod that is an adorable dog. Your blood pressure just crashes at the sight of him!

I'm seriously pondering buying one of your vapes at the birthday price Underdog - just thinking about my bank account though! Darkrom's very positive claims about performance, about it being a heavy hitter while also being impressively efficient, has me itching.

I don't use my lovely solo at home anymore lol. I've never had a log vape before this but I'm so glad I do now. Best of all no organic-ceramic!

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
charliedontsurf said:
placetime said:

Edit:
underdog said:

I'm getting fantastic huge debilitating hits on the 3/8th. I'd say if you can spare the 5 minutes difference in heat up time why not go bigger? You can always pack it less. That's just my opinion though. I just truely can't believe how hard hitting it is. I always thought of logs as vapor whisps like the MFLB.

darkrom,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Wow Dave, you are truly a saint, and that is no exaggeration!

your generosity and passion for your product has already made me a loyal lifelong Underdog, and i haven't even used one of your vapes yet! though i am sure i will fall in love as soon as i take that very first draw :D

thank you so so much, before long i'm sure you will have acquired a pack of loyal Underdogs, keep up the incredible work and i know i will be singing songs of praise for Underdog aromatherapy at every chance i can get ;)

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright everyone, a quick reminder: [h]We don't currently ship products internationally so only those of you in the USA qualify for the special sales, contests, etc! Sorry! :uhoh:[/h]

underdog,

turtles

Dont suppose people in norcal can arrange picking them up to save on shipping time/costs :ninja:
actually I suppose norcal is pretty vague

turtles,

underdog

Manufacturer
turtles said:
Dont suppose people in norcal can arrange picking them up to save on shipping time/costs :ninja:
actually I suppose norcal is pretty vague

Hey Turtles, if anyone in NorCal wants to pick them up I'd consider that as it would save me the shipping costs.

I'm about an hour north of Sacramento in the Chico/Paradise area where are you?

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
turtles said:
Contra Costa (Antioch...ish), I suppose that would make for quite a hike

Yeah I guess that is a bit of a drive.. whatever you want to do is fine with me just let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final shop news for the day - here's an update on the progress of Abysmal's piece, out of the clamps for the evening for a rest then back into the shop tomorrow for more surgery. Hope he likes the end result cause there is definitely some work going into it! haha :lol:

Abysmal-2.JPG

underdog,
Top Bottom