Underdog Log Vapes

CurryLeafTreehugger

Yeah I figured as much. My wife who is not a big fan of using the dog is very careless and will just set it on the couch or lay it on her lap. Always seem when it stops working is when it's in her hands. It's been very frustrating almost to the point of putting my dog up for retirement.

Get a Dog Pen:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IU1K50/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also make that in a round or square. The bottom of my underdog is about 1 5/8th inch so it will fit in this smaller rectangular "pen" and I can get some bottles/jars (I bet I already have some, my idea of "recycling" glass is to use it until it cracks or something then putting it in the recycle bin so I typically have plenty of nice glass containers WITH LIDS just from buying stuff at the grocery) to fit behind it to stand up my stems and picks and what not. Or you can get the larger ones that are about 4.5" square/round, then you can fit your dog and say a couple small half-pint mason jars to stand up your accoutrements and keep them all penned up in the same place.

My dog pen will actually arrive tomorrow but I have high hopes for it. I am ALWAYS accidentally pulling the dog off the table or knocking it off, or the cord gets all doo-wonkers. This has nice spaces in the scrollwork or at the front where you can let the cable drape while the dog itself stays stable and preferably upright in the pen. And if it DOES fall over in the pen, its not going to light the metal holder on fire LOL!

They are aluminum, not bronze. They're just bronze colored.

eideal852

hi everybahdy! /drnick...

so I've played with an Air Core model, fell in love, the default 12v pwr supply seems perfect temp for the stainless stem I have, browned, even, tasty, gooood...

I'm soon to be playing with a standard core model instead, anything to know AC vs SC1or2? part compatibility? usage advice? Aroma cup? POWERRRR?

So pleased to be among the pack here, would love to maximize my knowledge.

So, howsit?

strech

hi everybahdy! /drnick...

so I've played with an Air Core model, fell in love, the default 12v pwr supply seems perfect temp for the stainless stem I have, browned, even, tasty, gooood...

I'm soon to be playing with a standard core model instead, anything to know AC vs SC1or2? part compatibility? usage advice? Aroma cup? POWERRRR?

So pleased to be among the pack here, would love to maximize my knowledge.

So, howsit?
You can use the same stems on the sc1/2. You can also step up to the glass stems.

I have a sc2 now and usually turn my daily down to 10.5 on the blue vvps.

eideal852

You can use the same stems on the sc1/2. You can also step up to the glass stems.

I have a sc2 now and usually turn my daily down to 10.5 on the blue vvps.
Gotcha. Thus far no vv, just a 12v wall wart so no adjusting.

eideal852,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I suggest a really fast draw using an as tip and 12v with a modern core. I have an aircore and I love it.
Anyway, the higher the temp, the quicker the draw. Un-der Dog!

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: eideal852

eideal852

I would suggest getting one with a sc2.

The sc1 is fine without but they turn up the 2's heat to be adjusted with a vvps. Without you'll be running real hot
Good to know. Yeah I’m sorta nervous. The air core was pretty dialed in. But I’m a sucker for an upgrade!

eideal852,
Reactions: underdog

CurryLeafTreehugger

So recently my dispensary changed their shake from normal shake (broken off bits of bud) to uber finely ground and vacuum packed. And since it is packed in black plastic bags, I had no idea how finely it was ground. I did ask the bud tender and she got all aggro, started telling me I could just return it if I didn't like it. I kept trying to ask how I was supposed to know whether or not I liked it if I couldn't SEE it, but she was just a broken record. These days I only have 2 speeds (my disability involves cognitive deficits that make thinking on the fly a real problem), walk all over me or full aggro myself so - since I'm not a jackass - I get walked all over an awful lot anymore. She didn't TELL me it had changed, just surprised me with it AFTER I'd paid for it. So I ended up with an oz of something I can't vape because it clogs the screen AND the smallest particles go THROUGH the screen to be sucked down my airways.

So I'm pretty much stuck with this stuff, especially with the pandemic panic the supply is rather sparser than normal. I think I'm going to have to turn it into medibles, which is problematic since I'm diabetic and the VAST majority of medibles are sugary high carb junk. I guess I'll be going for a batch of bhang but that will probably only use up about half of what I've got (I have most of an oz).

I'm looking for ways to make it more vapable, if at all possible?

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: ataxian

mucsusn

60 going on 20
This whole social distancing thing...it has slowed me down a lot. I’m a performing musician, and everything on my calendar for the next 6ish weeks is gone...with no clue about what comes next. Now, on to the plus side of that; I’ve long had a solid inventory and storage paradigm, so I’m good until June with what I already had on hand. Stored in Pelican cases, with Cvaults and Boveda packs...I’m in good shape with my CBD/THC flower stock. Plus a few concentrates and hash, plus a good kief stock on hand. But I digress...my real reason for posting here this evening is that I fired up a couple of my Dogs for the first time in months. When I’m busy, I have a completely random schedule, so most of my medicating is with efficient portables, mainly my VapCaps. Now that we’re basically sheltering in place (with strategic outings for provisions), I’ve had some time to pull out my logs. I started today with 2 of my beautiful Dogs, and I am so grateful that I have such a device to help weather the crazy times we are in!

1AL84RF.jpg

My 2015 maple dog is starting to crack bc I ran out of underbutter! Any tips on stopping it from cracking further?

Since noticing the crack I stopped running it 24/7... down to about 12 hrs a day :leaf:

IS THIS THE BEGINNING OF THE END?

benkogambit,
Reactions: eideal852

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Aieee! i didnt know this! what do I need to do to prevent?

Just answered your email, hopefully it gets thru ok.

Cracks don't usually crop up because of lack of waxing but anything in possible. Regardless of cause in the short term you can rest easy knowing it isn't a safety concern and also won't affect performance.

We can get you set up with some more Underbutter and/or whatever else you may need, no worries.

strech

Mine has always had a crack.

You can see it even in this work in progress pic I was sent long ago.

strech,

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
hello dog pack!! i hope you all are hanging in there ok. :peace:

unfortunately i am still having issues with my new standard core baby i got back in 2017 (though it has mostly been collecting dust since then). i lost my blue vvps, ordered one of the nifty new black ones, and hoped that solved my problem.. alas! after a few weeks of use, the connecting cord was completely shot. so i ordered some right angle cords [heres the link] but even brand new sometimes i reach for the dog and its cold! did i fuck up, are these cords right? lol! i got some for my econodog too, (different size of course) and its been a little finicky with them as well. so i'm thinking it might be a couple different problems :uhoh: my partner's dog has been fine, i dont think she's even changed the cord once since getting it last year. and its taken its fair share of falls hahaha.

mostly i just wanted to check that these cords are OK to use. also can i keep my black vvps at 12.5/6? its normal for it to flicker yeah? i like having it turned up, reminds me of the econodog haha. im gonna see if i cant find my blue vvps, as the readout changes whenever the power isnt being drawn into the log, for a short term "fix". nothing does it for me like my logs! thankfully my econo is still pretty reliable.

many thanks, and well wishes to you all :tup:

fågel,

strech

I have always used cables supplied from underdog. That said I have had issues with cables causing all kinds of issues usually a cold dog.

Not long ago I was supplied with a cable that hopefully will go into production soon.

In the mean time the heavy duty cable is the best OM cable. Pay extra buck or so for the heavy duty one.

https://www.underdogvapes.com/extension-cord

strech,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
hey @underdog ... any update on the fyt logs? not rushing ... just curious :-)

An official update is/was probably still a week or two out but since you asked.. I started production on the FTY Vapes about two weeks ago and have been working thru the 'list' 4-6 people at a time so as not to get overwhelmed.

Aside from working up full custom pieces per above we've got maybe 12-15 up for grabs to anyone on the list who doesn't necessarily need/want a full custom. If you want to check those out send me a message and we'll get you a link to the private gallery those up for grabs ones are listed in. :cool:

Otherwise you'll probably be hearing from us in the next 1-3 weeks as we continue working thru the list. :tup:

eideal852

An official update is/was probably still a week or two out but since you asked.. I started production on the FTY Vapes about two weeks ago and have been working thru the 'list' 4-6 people at a time so as not to get overwhelmed.

Aside from working up full custom pieces per above we've got maybe 12-15 up for grabs to anyone on the list who doesn't necessarily need/want a full custom. If you want to check those out send me a message and we'll get you a link to the private gallery those up for grabs ones are listed in. :cool:

Otherwise you'll probably be hearing from us in the next 1-3 weeks as we continue working thru the list. :tup:
:luv::love:

eideal852,
Reactions: Magic9

Gigsabits53

Thank you for the update @underdog ! I am going to wait for a custom, no rush at all.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Top Bottom