Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs,

We're on the road this week so please allow us a little more time than usual to answer your messages and emails, etc. I drove 700 miles down from our new home in NE Oregon back to Paradise to tie up some loose ends and wow the town is still a wreck. I didn't bother to take any more pictures since it's just more of the same destruction the early ones show. It's surreal to be in a town you remember as a thriving little mountain community and having almost all the buildings gone and only a couple hundred people living there. So weird and unsettling, very apocalyptic.

My dog has left for an appointment with Underdog Repair. Feel pretty much in good hands.

We'll check the sick pup out as soon as we get back from travel.. it'll be in good hands!

Im excited to see what Vlad and the Dog will cook up, im waiting 2 more days for my first glass stems so i can finally become a dog user. For now im a dog owner lolol

I'm very interested in these stems from Vlad, very curious what they will look like.

We'll be releasing Vlads stems with the new, updated-soon-to-be-released Underdogs and including them with vape purchases until we run out of stock. Then we plan on working with Vlad some more to make other fun Dog Toys. The current stuff he did for us is simple, elegant and slightly heady in our opinion. Just what we were hoping for with this round. :cheers:

warren0728

Not yet but we're getting closer every day! Soon come..

Once I have parts in hand we'll start building and we're just waiting for those parts now. FYT Dogs will be available in regular core and in an Alpha as well! :cheers:

@underdog i can't wait! what will the process be for those of us on the list? will there be pre-made ones and we choose which one we want (in i'm guessing the order we got on the list? or will each be custom made depending on our input? heck i wouldn't care if it was a random drawing for pre-made ones ... i just want one!

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog i can't wait! what will the process be for those of us on the list? will there be pre-made ones and we choose which one we want (in i'm guessing the order we got on the list? or will each be custom made depending on our input? heck i wouldn't care if it was a random drawing for pre-made ones ... i just want one!

Unless the list gets overwhelmingly crowded I suspect I'll pre-make a batch of them and offer them all up at once to everyone on the list. Once people the list have theirs we'll open it up to everyone else.

Customs will also be available as well to those on or off the list so people can go either way.

I'm also planning on having some FYT accessories available but those may come after the vapes launch if I don't have enough time to get everything ready at once. :cheers:

warren0728

Unless the list gets overwhelmingly crowded I suspect I'll pre-make a batch of them and offer them all up at once to everyone on the list. Once people the list have theirs we'll open it up to everyone else.

Customs will also be available as well to those on or off the list so people can go either way.

I'm also planning on having some FYT accessories available but those may come after the vapes launch if I don't have enough time to get everything ready at once. :cheers:
sounds awesome ... thanks for the process update!

virtualpurple

I’ve been struggling with my dogs for awhile now but I’m not sure that I’ve reached out to the forum about it.

probably a year or more ago (the last few years are kinda blurry for I was completing my advanced practice degree, so a lot of these things really just got shoved from memory.). I hadn’t used my logs in awhile and noticed that I was getting pretty poor extraction with both my underdog and my underpup. I primarily use the nylon wpa stems and am trying to get back into microdosing. I have tried both dogs with a few different power supplies and I’ve not yet noticed a difference, I have the screen inserted as shallow as one can in the stem to try and get as close to the heater as I can, and the avb is still quite blonde. My memories of the underdog were that I could previously obtain a nice dark brown and get an impressive rip on my bubbler while using very little herb, but maybe I was using it through a vvps?

I recently got to use an underdog with almost zero hours behind it. I had purchased it for my father so he could have a discrete effective device should he ever choose to explore cannabis. It had only been used by myself to demonstrate its operation to him and a handful of uses as an aromatherapy device by my mother. My results were the same as with the other two underdogs that I own.

This leads me with the impression that perhaps my other dogs are still in good working condition and that the poor results are due to something that I am doing.

could anyone using the nong stems let me know how dark their avb is and where their screen is inserted into the stem? I would love to correct this and put my dogs back into heavy rotation to try and get back into the realm of effective microdosing.

thanks in advance.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
I’ve been struggling with my dogs for awhile now but I’m not sure that I’ve reached out to the forum about it.

probably a year or more ago (the last few years are kinda blurry for I was completing my advanced practice degree, so a lot of these things really just got shoved from memory.). I hadn’t used my logs in awhile and noticed that I was getting pretty poor extraction with both my underdog and my underpup. I primarily use the nylon wpa stems and am trying to get back into microdosing. I have tried both dogs with a few different power supplies and I’ve not yet noticed a difference, I have the screen inserted as shallow as one can in the stem to try and get as close to the heater as I can, and the avb is still quite blonde. My memories of the underdog were that I could previously obtain a nice dark brown and get an impressive rip on my bubbler while using very little herb, but maybe I was using it through a vvps?

I recently got to use an underdog with almost zero hours behind it. I had purchased it for my father so he could have a discrete effective device should he ever choose to explore cannabis. It had only been used by myself to demonstrate its operation to him and a handful of uses as an aromatherapy device by my mother. My results were the same as with the other two underdogs that I own.

This leads me with the impression that perhaps my other dogs are still in good working condition and that the poor results are due to something that I am doing.

could anyone using the nong stems let me know how dark their avb is and where their screen is inserted into the stem? I would love to correct this and put my dogs back into heavy rotation to try and get back into the realm of effective microdosing.

thanks in advance.

About ye deep! My UD is a relatively recent model and I get dark, coffee brown avb at a setting between 11,7v to 12,0v.

Though less is more generally, I found that putting in too little also doesn't yield optimal results. This load size gives me a nice long rip on me bubbler. Screen sits a bit more shallow in the dd stem here, but not much.

ETA: also maybe try to draw a bit slower? When my avb looks like it's barley touched by the heat, it's usually because I accidentally overpowered the heater, ripping to hastily.

Megaton

thanks in advance.

The very first thing I would check is how clean the screen on your nong is, airflow is king and if it is restricted you will have a hard time cooking your herb.

Cannabiker

So I don't actually use a VVPS currently (I accidentally ripped a cable out
vfAfqCR
and have been too lazy to fix it). So I am just plugged straight into the wall, but it is the same set up that I use for vaping plain weed.

What? I'm having some trouble with the jack on my VVPS; I have to jiggle the connection every time I notice the voltage jump up .2 volts--that means it's not connected, and the dog's about to go cold. I always run it on full power, which shows 11.9 volts. When it jumps to 12.1, it's not connected. I have a fresh extension, and it does the same thing with that, so I'm pretty sure the problem is in the VVPS jack.

So, are you telling me I can just bypass the VVPS and plug right into the wall-wart cord? Will that just give me straight-up 12 volts? I never turn it down anyway, so that would be an easy fix.

underdog

Manufacturer

thanks in advance.

What power supply are you using with the 3 Pups in question? Either there's a common power supply issue or all three of them are cool running Dogs.

Either will be easy to fix once we figure out what's up. :cheers:

What? I'm having some trouble with the jack on my VVPS; I have to jiggle the connection every time I notice the voltage jump up .2 volts--that means it's not connected, and the dog's about to go cold. I always run it on full power, which shows 11.9 volts. When it jumps to 12.1, it's not connected. I have a fresh extension, and it does the same thing with that, so I'm pretty sure the problem is in the VVPS jack.

So, are you telling me I can just bypass the VVPS and plug right into the wall-wart cord? Will that just give me straight-up 12 volts? I never turn it down anyway, so that would be an easy fix.

Are you using the stock wall-wart that we packaged with the VVPS? If so, or if the label says 12v output then you should get 12v to 12.3v when plugged directly in instead of thru the VVPS. Enjoy! :cool:

Cannabiker

What power supply are you using with the 3 Pups in question? Either there's a common power supply issue or all three of them are cool running Dogs.

Either will be easy to fix once we figure out what's up. :cheers:

Are you using the stock wall-wart that we packaged with the VVPS? If so, or if the label says 12v output then you should get 12v to 12.3v when plugged directly in instead of thru the VVPS. Enjoy! :cool:

Woohoo!

Okay, I'm feeling a little dim for not seeing this solution myself, but I'm really psyched it works. Since I run my dog at full power, the VVPS is superfluous anyway.

Now I just have to decide whether to send in the VVPS for service, which is still an attractive option, especially since Underdogette suggested I could send in my dog for a checkup at the same time. The decision, obviously, is whether I can go without it for that long. I've owned it for almost a year now, and I haven't used my Silver Surfer since the day the dog arrived.

shredder

Does anyone here have experience with a Lift grinder and the underdog?

I have no experience using a lift grinder, but I've used 3 different grinders for herb in my dogs. Mostly I use a slx, for a medium grind.

I think the grind doesn't matter a whole lot compared to the heat used, the type of wand/stem, the screen location, and the draw speed.

shredder,
Reactions: hillbill
Top Bottom