1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Underdog Log Vapes

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by underdog, Aug 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. underdogette

underdogette one in a billion Company Rep

Thank you so much for your thoughts on the packaging. We sometimes struggle with the decision to stick with our recycled brown paper packaging, or to go with an engineered, designed, packaging. So far, we've always decided to go with our conscience, as we don't like to create waste whenever possible, and we like the product to speak for itself, not marketing dazzle.

:luv:

Welcome to the Underdog Pack! I'm glad to hear you're loving your pup.

Vapenvy, Papa Woody, rogrog and 10 others like this.
  2. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

It looks very cool !! Enjoy that pup knowing its backed up by the best CS in the business imo.

Magic9, underdog and underdogette like this.
  3. underdogette

Hey guys! I'm making a call for wide screen video snippets if you can help us out. :)

I'm building a new website, and making a little Underdog trailer video of milk shot snippets that will link to our YouTube How To video playlist. I can put a watermark credit on your shot if you would like a shout-out.

Let me know if you've got some wide screen video we could use showing off your Underdog.

Thanks so much!
    Amanda

4. Lozo

Lozo Well-Known Member

I was after a log vape for a while and once I heard about what happened to UD I donated and helped by buying a lovely 'wild wood' log. To de-clutter my desk I made a stem stand from some hardwood I had here. Apologies for the photo quality but I kinda like the roundness of the log and the straight edges of the stand, the tone of the wood looks very similar in real life, less so in the photo. Love this vape and wishing @underdog and @underdogette all the best in the rebuild.

[​IMG]

5. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

thats fucking stylisch!

6. Gigsabits53

It looks great @Lozo ! Maybe it's my eyes but that wood looks very similar even in the photograph. Enjoy!!:)

7. Lozo

Lozo Well-Known Member

Thank you for the kind words @Gigsabits53 and @Alex3oe

8. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

@underdogette i personally was very happy with the way my package was presented and delivered, no need for more engineering/ impact on the environment, i would not have changed a thing!

Vapenvy, Gigsabits53, Magic9 and 5 others like this.
  9. blokenoname

blokenoname DIY Log Maker

Second that! :tup:
    Doesn't get any classier, than being hand wrapped in nice, stout recycling paper packaging! If I was Tim Cook, you'd get your friggin' iPhone delivered in brown recycling paper packaging :D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Vapenvy, Magic9, KidFated. and 4 others like this.
  10. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

Hey Underdogs, replacement equipment is arriving at the new shop all this week.. we're busy little bees rushing around trying to get it all sorted out. Pics and video may follow if we can convince Underdogette to do that for us (hint hint).

Getting this equipment replaced will put us a huge step closer to being back in production, it's exciting that we're finally making visible progress. Thank you all for your generous donations, we couldn't have made it this far without you! :cheers:

Vapenvy, YaMon, Gigsabits53 and 13 others like this.
  11. ljackstar

ljackstar Member

Hey everyone, I'm just about to order an Underdog for myself but I'm havi g trouble deciding which 3 stems to get. I want at least one water pipe one, but we have both a 14mm bong and a 18mm, and we want at least 1 direct inhalation stem for chasing flavor.

underdog, Magic9 and KidFated. like this.
  12. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Get 14mm. Reducers are cheap and the 14mm makes a decent mouthpiece. Try a NonG of some sort, they’re my favorite.

underdog and Magic9 like this.
  13. ljackstar

ljackstar Member

So 1 nong 14mm, should i get the direct draw or stainless steel? And should my 3rd choice be an 18mm or a second direct inhalation stem? Sorry for all the questions just don't know much about log vapes.

underdog and Magic9 like this.
  14. KidFated.

Get the glass direct draw for flavortown. The NonG will provide good rips native or through water. The rest is up to you, you’ll get a good idea of which you like better, but maybe try the ss or an extra glass stem.

Megaton, underdog and Magic9 like this.
  15. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

I second the glass direct stem option, man thats a great stem!

KidFated., Magic9 and underdog like this.
  16. Gigsabits53

So happy to hear you guys are getting closer to the new beginning!! :):)

KidFated., Magic9, underdog and 2 others like this.
  17. KidFated.

@underdog is there a post rebuild list? I want post rebuild dog #1 :evil:

underdog, Magic9, Gigsabits53 and 2 others like this.
  18. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

Thanks man! It's been a brutal, financially draining and emotional roller coaster but we're getting closer every day. Can't wait until everything is setup in the new shop and I can take some pics/video for you all! Soon come!

Hmmm.. I know there's a list of people who want vapes from 'the tree' but other than that I'm not sure. Let's ask @underdogette

19. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

@underdog - looking forward to seeing additional progress.

@underdogette - if said list exists - please ensure I'm on it - I need a backup UD!

Magic9, Madri-Gal and underdog like this.
  20. underdogette

@KidFated. You got it!
    @bizwaxzion I can put you on the list for the post rebuild ones, or the FYT Vapes, or if you need something sooner, all the vapes on the website are available, as they were safe from the fire at our shipper's in Portland.

Also, regarding the FYT Vapes, we've determined that the tree was some kind of Locust, and the wood glows under blacklight like crazy. They're gonna be pretty sweet!

Vapenvy, Magic9, formicae and 10 others like this.
  21. purplegrass

purplegrass Well-Known Member

Hello all I want to post a short update (as I am going to do on all the vapes I have).

I have given my dog a good thrashing over the last year and a half, and he loves it. Like most people who own a log vape, I love the built in tolerance meter as I call it... you know, when you are loading your third or fourth stem with like 0.02g and you realize you don't actually need another hit :cool: Such an efficient vaporizer, the most efficient of the 5 vapes I have used.
    I started out using the voltage meter thingy coz I wanted to make sure I was doing it at the 'right' temp, but then I just ended up letting the dog decide for itself what temp I should have, and honestly its great... simply do slower draws and you can sap everything from the herb like that.
    Very classy as well, when all the vapes are on the table, the dog is the main one people pick up and have a good look at closely.
    I like all my vapes, but the dog is probably my favorite

YaMon, Magic9, formicae and 6 others like this.
  22. Gigsabits53

@underdogette I wanted to tell you that I am feeling superb at this very moment due to my UD. I have been unable to connect with some herb for the last week, until tonight :). Of course, the first vape I reach for is my dog and the 18mm nong. The performance and efficiency of that combo still amazes me!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful products! I'm so happy you guys are turning the corner from the mess in Paradise. Best of luck to you and @underdog!! :):)

YaMon, Magic9, formicae and 4 others like this.
  23. KidFated.

This is exactly how I feel. If I had to replace everything (again) it would be UD no doubt. I’ve never been let down.

YaMon, Magic9, RUDE BOY and 5 others like this.
  24. purplegrass

purplegrass Well-Known Member

definitely, KidFated! Such an unassuming little dog, but when he gets growling you better watch out!:rip:

25. ljackstar

ljackstar Member

My underdog finally came in yesterday and I got to use it for the first time. Absolutely killer, so so good! Best vape I've used so far.

Only question I got, I think some of my material was starting to combust. I kept the voltage at 10.5 and made sure to hold the stem far enough away that the material didn't touch the vape at all. Anyone have suggestions?

YaMon, Magic9, formicae and 6 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors