1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Underdog Log Vapes

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by underdog, Aug 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rosedale

rosedale Well-Known Member

uh-oh @underdogette

[​IMG]

2. underdogette

underdogette one in a billion Company Rep

Ha! Well that went fast! I even wrapped them all in paper and mixed them up before sending to our shipper. Looks like we owe you a birthday vape when they come around.

3. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

Congratulations, @rosedale ! That was indeed fast! Hahaha Wow that's pretty tiny!

4. TaterLog

TaterLog Real Human [baked] Bean

Morning dags. I've been in the middle of unpacking but finally got a chance to bring my walnut out of its hiatus. It's a beautiful thing and has been sorely missed.

Enjoy your weekend! Ripping some Girl Scout Cookies and hitting the golf course.

5. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

Nice work @rosedale :cheers:

Dang dude that's a foggy Dog. :brow: Looks like you're having fun...

6. TaterLog

TaterLog Real Human [baked] Bean

Indeed @underdog . Was a beautiful but warm day yesterday. I shot an 83. I'll credit my UD for that score ;)

7. underdog

Nice work! This dog is happy to break 100 lol. :brow:

TaterLog and KidFated. like this.
  8. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Snagged a great deal on an exotic wood ud. Excited to get my first log :cool:

9. underdog

Hey Dogs long time no talk!

Underdogette and myself have been busy with summer shenanigans but are slowing down a bit in the increasing heat as we near the Dog days of Summer... the partying will continue of course but at a more reasonable pace and with more naps. :brow:

We're putting together a post about our upcoming (starting today probably) 710 Sale (aka the Dog Days Sale) so stay tuned for that. There should be a little something for everyone and possibly a bit of contest fun if we can swing it.

:rockon:

10. underdogette

underdogette one in a billion Company Rep

710 Sale starting now!

10% off everything! Free US shipping on orders over $100 (Canada use coupon 710SHIP to get $10 off). Buy a Micro-Dog with any regular size vape and get an extra $20 off! Sale goes through 7/10.

www.underdogvapes.com

[​IMG]

Also-- stay tuned for a possible contest involving Micro-Dogs!

11. formicae

formicae Well-Known Member

This seems as good a time as any to ask, are Micro-Dogs compatible with o-rings? Do their tubes have a waist?

(if so, what with this sale, I'm running out of ways to talk myself out of a Micro... :))

underdog likes this.
  12. underdog

Yeah they have a waist just like regular Dogs (they share the same center tube) so should be no problem there. :tup:

RUDE BOY likes this.
  13. formicae

Damn it, order incoming. :D I'll make a note in the comments to pop an o-ring on.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  14. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

What does the o ring do? Where does the o ring go? Sorry just got a ud this week . New to the thread

formicae likes this.
  15. underdog

Belay that order!

While the o-rings fit we don't have any because we stopped using them and we don't have access to the Micros to install one if we did because they're not here they're at our shipping fulfillment office.

Sorry dude! :(

formicae likes this.
  16. formicae

It's a chubby o-ring that sits around the heat tube, about 8mm from the top; in older Underdogs it created a positive stop for glass stems. Especially Air Cores, as they were pretty much tube all the way down, on the inside. With the Mk2 cores they're not necessary, but some of us are old and set in our ways. I'll definitely defer to Underdog's wisdom though and try it without.

Welcome, by the way!

Oh, the ol' bait and switch, eh? :rofl: You and @underdogette were so fast getting back to me, but I was faster, haha.

At this point (three dogs deep, and now another one coming) the o-rings are just an affectation, I'll give the new Micro a shot without one. And if I hate it...well, I have spares somewhere. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    underdogette and underdog like this.
  17. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Thanks!! Im loving mine once I figured out how to pack it. Was packing to much and too fine of a grind which in turn gave me poor airflow. Now I have to figure out what heater core I have. @Oogendoogan

18. formicae

Yeah, don't 'pack' it at all, just suck up enough to barely fill the screen basket. It becomes second nature pretty quickly. Less is more!

As for the heater core, if your log is pretty much visibly hollow, that's an Air Core. If there's a star/saw washer around the heat tube, you've got a Standard Core Mk1. If it's more or less a solid plate (like, a disc, with a C-clip around it), should be a Standard Core Mk2. They all work very well, so don't worry about having the 'wrong' one. They just behave slightly differently -- an Air Core might need a minute or two to recover between hits, Standard Cores Marks 1 and 2 are very similar but the the Mk2 is both burlier and more agile at the same time, if that makes sense.

WeedyGirl1979 and underdog like this.
  19. Oogendoogan

Oogendoogan Well-Known Member

Standard core 2 I think..? It’s the most current version of the standard core.

Zow237 and underdog like this.
  20. LazyVaper

LazyVaper Well-Known Member

+1

I am consistently blown away by the efficiency of the UD. I find any vape to be vastly more efficient than combustion. But of the handful of vapes I've tried, the UD is to me noticeably tops in efficiency.

Edit: meant to also say, I can't imagine how the UD doesn't pay for itself fairly quickly in terms of product savings.

21. underdog

Hey Dogs our good friends Rick and Pat of Aromazap are dealing with a life changing family emergency and could use all the help and good thoughts we can spare.

22. vapen00b

vapen00b various on-demand full convection units

Hi underdog,

Is there any other way to donate for Jade? CC is not an option for me... :( I would love to help, even if it’s just a small amount. I’m terribly sorry to hear about the accident... Love and peace to him and his families.

underdog likes this.
  23. underdog

Hi Vapen, I'm sure there's some way you could help without using a CC but I haven't spoken to Rick or Pat so I'm not sure how specifically. Maybe send Rick a message directly and ask. If you don't get comfortable I could relay a message for you. Thanks! :clap:

24. vapen00b

vapen00b various on-demand full convection units

Yes, please ask him if you could do that. Maybe PP is an option? Or I could PP you and you pay it forward via CC? Thank you !

Sorry to derail. Would love me an Underdog one day! :)

25. underdog

Alright Dogs, I heard back from Rick and he does indeed have a PayPal account and can take direct donations of any size and then forward them to his son (Jade's father) on our (the UD family) behalf. If you want to donate directly to Rick's PayPal just message myself or Underdogette and we'll give you the address. I don't want to post it here and have them get spammed by bots, etc.

Of course donations can be made directly to their GoFundMe Campaign (link) as well. The Zap family is grateful for any and all help no matter how small, they are also super grateful for all the positive thoughts and messages.

------------

On the subject of messages Rick and family are very appreciative of them all but won't have time to post here on FC and likely won't be able to answer messages that are sent to them for a while but they are getting them and again are very appreciative. Right now they are focused on supporting their family in this time of need and it's taking all their efforts plus some. Jade himself is doing very well, if not a bit pissed off that he's now blind. I can hardly imagine how difficult an adjustment suddenly being blind would be, and for a young teenager even more so. IMO it's pretty amazing that he's had such a positive outlook and has fought for recovery. You're the man Jade, keep up the good work!

-------------------------------------

Oh and not a derail at all! You're clearly UD material and we look forward to getting a Dog into your hands one of these days. :bowdown:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors