Underdog Log Vapes

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Behold my new dog...
W4ESrV8.jpg

1lCgVx4.jpg

I had an old poplar Aircore dog that up & died after 2 years of heavy use (still worked but core had come loose from body). As its warranty replacement, @underdogette very kindly sent me this stunning Canarywood dog. :bowdown::love::clap: :D

Talk about going above & beyond -- what a class act, I'm completely blown away by this generosity.

Found the sweet spot on my dimmer and it's been keeping me :ko: all day. I can assert that in addition to being beautiful, this is the tastiest, cloudiest, most efficient, and overall most enjoyable vape ever.

Anyone who doesn't already have an Underdog, must get one forthwith.

Thanks again Amanda, and again and again... you folks are AWESOME! :tup:

:peace:

:D:love:;)

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Micros are moving already! I see there were some people who must have been chomping at the bit to get one from last time lol.

I forgot to mention that one random Micro has a golden leather bottom. Whoever gets that one and notifies us will get a free fully loaded vape package during the Birthday Sale this fall. Keep it for yourself, gift it to someone in need or sell it to someone else. Includes free shipping to anywhere in the world we ship Dogs, not just the USA. Spread the word! :whoa:

5flutc.jpg

Gigsabits53

Just had a wonderful morning session with my pup. The simplicity, efficiency, and effectiveness is why I turn to my dog more than any of my other vapes. I have a small order of accessories on the way also, a few new nong stems, so I got that going for me. Which is nice! ;)

CurryLeafTreehugger

Good call, don't want to forget the Pup Party. :brow:

vdiwzl.jpg

Cujo Toby there doesn't seem to think much of that hat ... He's like

REALLY? WTF MAN!

BTW - I never realized how very very accurate your logo is. Well done, sir! Well done, I say!

Modnote: Post edited to correctly name the pup. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

underdog

Manufacturer
Cujo Toby there doesn't seem to think much of that hat ... He's like

REALLY? WTF MAN!

BTW - I never realized how very very accurate your logo is. Well done, sir! Well done, I say!

Modnote: Post edited to correctly name the pup. ;)

Yeah that was the look of a spaniel that has been forced to wear a hat and then insult to injury not given a piece of birthday cake. :lol:

Gigsabits53

Received my accessories order today and was pleasantly surprised that it contained an extra stem :)
I ordered a 14mm and 18mm nong and recived those plus an additional 18mm nong with a very long SS tip.
I absolutely love it!! Thank you very much! What a great company!:)

awshat420

Received my order on Monday, and WOW! This thing is super efficient. I can use about half of what my Xmax Starry holds and get the same effects. I went with the glass stem, nylon stem, and SS light stem. Haven't tried the SS light yet, but I do prefer the glass stem over the nylon. I think I may be packing a little too tightly though, as I have to stir after a couple of hits. My AVB is a light brown instead of the dark brown the Starry produces. Suspecting that is due to the UD being full convection instead of conduction, as the Starry is.

awshat420

Well, I've tried different amounts on the VVPS. I've went from ~6 (amazing flavor!) up to 11. It still isn't as dark on the Starry. I'm not complaining though... This vape is worlds beyond anything I have tried, and I'm very satisfied. I don't know enough about AVB to know if the color would matter.

underdog

Manufacturer
Well, I've tried different amounts on the VVPS. I've went from ~6 (amazing flavor!) up to 11. It still isn't as dark on the Starry. I'm not complaining though... This vape is worlds beyond anything I have tried, and I'm very satisfied. I don't know enough about AVB to know if the color would matter.

Happy to hear you're pleased with your Pup so far, thanks for posting!

Do you have the slim blue VVPS (Travel VVPS) with the LED display? If so then it should go beyond 11v (usually to 11.9 or 12v with the UD attached) so you should be able to play with higher temps if you like. :2c: :cheers:

awshat420

Yep, I am very pleased. now to just get into the mindset of using a smaller amount. The nylon and SS stems look like one-hitters. If I can get a technique down with those the UD should pay for itself in a few months. I have the blue VVPS. I may try upping it to 12.

underdog

Manufacturer
Yep, I am very pleased. now to just get into the mindset of using a smaller amount. The nylon and SS stems look like one-hitters. If I can get a technique down with those the UD should pay for itself in a few months. I have the blue VVPS. I may try upping it to 12.

Awesome, yeah the Nylon and SS stems are basically one hitters and great for micro-dosing with tiny amounts.. don't let that fool you though they pack a hell of a punch. :brow:

If you've tried up to 11v so far I'd try bumping it in .2v to .3v increments with a 2 minute interval for heat to stabilize and saturate the core between adjustments to find your maximum voltage sweet-spot. A bigger initial adjustment leaves you much more likely to combust. Not the end of the world if you do but pretty gross for most vaporists.

Gigsabits53

When I first got my dog I used the glass stems almost exclusively. They do provide better flavor. The nylon stems are all I ever use now. They are great for micro-dosing. A little bit goes a long way in those stems. I feel like the nongs get me higher while using less product. Just my :2c:

awshat420

When I first got my dog I used the glass stems almost exclusively. They do provide better flavor. The nylon stems are all I ever use now. They are great for micro-dosing. A little bit goes a long way in those stems. I feel like the nongs get me higher while using less product. Just my :2c:

I tried the nylon stem again last night, and it did fine. Didn't get me as far along on only a single pack as I normally like to be, but I used a pea sized amount of herb. I may try a finer grind and see if I get more material into the nylon. One positive is that, while I didn't get as high as I normally do, I didn't stay up late watching netflix and letting my mind wander. With the primary purpose being to overcome insomnia, perhaps the smaller dose is what I need.

buddingglasshead

What a day. Started out so productive and ended... not so much. Set up the Alpha almost as soon as I got it. Let it warm up for a bit and was testing it out and playing around with everything. Turned up the voltage and started working on the desk I'm building. I had set up shelving previously but hadn't secured it since it wasn't finalized and had forgotten to take it down before working below. I guess you can see where this is going.

6 staples later and I'm home an hour later. Didn't hurt that bad thankfully but was a big bummer because I couldn't safely finish up the work I was trying to get done today. Mild concussion. Thankfully I had an underdog (or two) to the rescue.

I'm loving the Alpha so far, but it seems to be a little cold in comparison to the rest of my dogs. Running it at 11.0 and it's been a lot of fun. SC2 at 10.6 and SC1 and 10.2. Flavor was kind of insane at 10.2 where I started, but uhh. I don't really like the taste of what I currently have. :disgust:

May have to get a 15v PS in the future. I feel like the Alpha would be a lot of fun with concentrate but think this dog would need a bit more powahhh and above 12v is probably needed. Will be fun to test at least.

Would love to have a 14mm nong for alpha, but I don't believe one was every available? @underdog What would be the best way to make my own out of one of the nongs that were included?

@underdogette Thank you again for being so awesome! I love my dog pack!

underdog

Manufacturer

Well said. :clap:

Figured Walnut Micro arrived safely, and it's quite the looker! Fantastic work by Dave, as always.

Thanks man glad you were able to grab one, some of this Figured Walnut is pretty magical (ok a lot of it)!

Whoo hoo! My micro and alpha should be here tomorrow. Can't believe @underdogette was telling me it should ship by today when it fact it shipped Tuesday. :cool: Couldn't have happened at a better time either, last day off!

:rockon:

I tried the nylon stem again last night, and it did fine. Didn't get me as far along on only a single pack as I normally like to be, but I used a pea sized amount of herb. I may try a finer grind and see if I get more material into the nylon. One positive is that, while I didn't get as high as I normally do, I didn't stay up late watching netflix and letting my mind wander. With the primary purpose being to overcome insomnia, perhaps the smaller dose is what I need.

Nice, glad to see you're playing around and checking out all the options. For me personally smaller doses definitely help insomnia more than larger ones so maybe you're similar. :cheers:

What a day. Started out so productive and ended... not so much. Set up the Alpha almost as soon as I got it. Let it warm up for a bit and was testing it out and playing around with everything. Turned up the voltage and started working on the desk I'm building. I had set up shelving previously but hadn't secured it since it wasn't finalized and had forgotten to take it down before working below. I guess you can see where this is going.

6 staples later and I'm home an hour later. Didn't hurt that bad thankfully but was a big bummer because I couldn't safely finish up the work I was trying to get done today. Mild concussion. Thankfully I had an underdog (or two) to the rescue.

I'm loving the Alpha so far, but it seems to be a little cold in comparison to the rest of my dogs. Running it at 11.0 and it's been a lot of fun. SC2 at 10.6 and SC1 and 10.2. Flavor was kind of insane at 10.2 where I started, but uhh. I don't really like the taste of what I currently have. :disgust:

May have to get a 15v PS in the future. I feel like the Alpha would be a lot of fun with concentrate but think this dog would need a bit more powahhh and above 12v is probably needed. Will be fun to test at least.

Would love to have a 14mm nong for alpha, but I don't believe one was every available? @underdog What would be the best way to make my own out of one of the nongs that were included?

@underdogette Thank you again for being so awesome! I love my dog pack!

Wow, glad you're all patched back together and still ticking, any level of concussion is no joke so make sure you take care of yourself. Been there too many times myself. A couple of UDs does sound like a good start. :brow:

As far as the heat levels go the Alpha core runs a tiny bit cooler than the Standard at a given wattage because of it's higher mass and slightly different design. The bigger difference in heat level is most likely just difference in heating elements, they vary quite a bit from one to another. A 15v power supply (to use with your VVPS or dimmer, not directly attached) is definitely the way to go if you want a bit more heat than you can squeeze out of your 12v setup. Cheap and easy too.

RE: the 14mm NonG for Alpha - it's tough to bore that 14mm NonG out to the large size needed for the Alpha because it gets too thin and wants to collapse under the pressure of the chuck or whatever is being used to hold it. Not sure how you'd DIY one unless you have a machine shop and a good dose of luck/patience? If we ever go forward with a production run I'll probably tweak the NonG design (probably slightly longer) so I can make those with a reasonable amount of effort. :hmm: Not much help right now though, sorry. :\

Top Bottom