Underdog Log Vapes

Square4Life

I have Underdogs and I have Vapcaps but don't see how using a vapcap with a 'dog would be an improvement over using a 'dog and 'dog stems or the vapcap with a torch.

First, I like that I don't have to keep up with multiple stems in order to have different methods of use.
Second, I can load a chamber with my VapCap while waiting on the WS to heat up. Once it gets to temp, remove the cap from the VC and transition over to the WS. Or deciding I want to go mobile after loading a chamber and simply throw the cap on it and walk out the door.

I'm not trying to say the WS is better or promote the WS. At the end of the day, the main reasoning for using VCs as stems on log vaporizers is so that I don't have to keep up with multiple stems and still achieve various methods of use.

squidmark

My VC fits just inside my glass direct draw stem. I'm wondering if a VC adaptor for the standard Underdogs could be created by cutting a 1/2" or 3/4" section off and placing it around the heater. Unfortunately I don't have the tools to try it myself.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I have Underdogs and I have Vapcaps but don't see how using a vapcap with a 'dog would be an improvement over using a 'dog and 'dog stems or the vapcap with a torch.
Cause many of us would prefer to not use a torch. I would use my vc a lot more of I didn't have to

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey guys, can't stay long, we're supposed to be out of the house and shop on Monday so things are a bit hectic and busy around here.

On the VC subject I can't say anything for sure since I've never actually had my hands on one to check out but from what I've been told (and heard here) they aren't compatible with any of the UD cores.

Once we're resettled (whenever that is) maybe I'll get a few and see if there's something we can do in that regard.

For now though, onward and upward.. the shop apparently won't disassemble and move itself. :goon:

formicae

Yeah, sending good vibes their way, what a big undertaking.

I haven't been very active here in the last few weeks, things have been busy. I've been enjoying my Underdogs pretty much every night with fond gratitude. I grabbed some of the $20 Dynavap Ms when they were on sale, and it's a hell of a cool little device, and I take a Grasshopper out and about, but nothing beats being at home with a log or two at hand, taking little toots or big rips at my leisure. The experience is so warm and natural, it doesn't feel like you're using 'gear.'

In conclusion, here's a picture of some Frenchmen rappelling down into a giant spider which they then piloted/rode down the face of our local cathedral last week.

YxZKAKE.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, just taking advantage of a bit of free wifi I stumbled across to stop in and say howdy.

We're out of the house/shop and couch surfing with some friends while we spend some time tying up loose ends that remained from our hasty egress. Once that's done we'll be off on the oddysy to find a new place to call our home. We're shipping packages daily as usual and don't plan on any/many significant delays in that regard. As mentioned before we aren't going to be able to do any custom work until we're resettled, maybe 6 months to a year though who knows for sure (I suppose that's why it's called a guess?).

Anywho, just wanted to stop by and visit for a few.

Carry on Dogs, carry on.

PS> We'll update you all periodically as we figure things out and/or as we do anything exciting. :peace::luv:

CurryLeafTreehugger

on a more positive note, I just made hot chocolate using a pretty overly used direct draw glass stem, it SMELLS good, tastes good, ill let you know how I feel later. Saturday morning stem cleaning got a lot more interesting.

I realize you posted this like 2 months ago by now but I have to ask - how did you do this? I have been reluctant to clean my stems because I keep wondering if there isn't a lot of THC in the oil slick vaping leaves behind on the inside of glass - but then I can't imagine any way of cleaning it out of there that wouldn't ultimately poison me, plus my imagination further insists that even if I did get it out of there in some usable form, it'll taste terrible.

Can you reclaim that stuff and is it actually potent?

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I realize you posted this like 2 months ago by now but I have to ask - how did you do this? I have been reluctant to clean my stems because I keep wondering if there isn't a lot of THC in the oil slick vaping leaves behind on the inside of glass - but then I can't imagine any way of cleaning it out of there that wouldn't ultimately poison me, plus my imagination further insists that even if I did get it out of there in some usable form, it'll taste terrible.

Can you reclaim that stuff and is it actually potent?
like TeeJay1952 said, low heat and whole milk, you'll be surprised how fast the sticky oil gets pulled into the milk.. hot chocolate is amazing

underdog

Manufacturer
This morning was a really tough one, it was our last with Toby.

He'd been progressively/steadily getting worse almost daily and had gotten to a point where he was experiencing regular/frequent enough pain that I didn't want it to continue and to worsen. We talked to the vet yesterday and decided that today would be his last day.

So after a mostly sleepless night (for us, not him he always slept like a baby), a breakfast of french fries, an early morning of chasing yard-squirrels followed by a walk in the park we took him to the vets office. Fortunately it was always one of his favorite places so he was happy to go. He had some treats, we had a teary goodbye and he was off, softly and quietly gone.

I posted this since I knew many of you would want to know. That said we really don't want to talk about it or think about it any more than we already are at this point so PLEASE refrain from comments or condolences (posted or via PM).. we know you would mean well but it'd just make us more sad if that's even possible. We'll talk about him, share memories and pics, etc when we're ready but not right now. If you must 'do' something then please limit it to 'likes' or the like. :cry:

Also, since some of you have been asking about the puppies. We weren't able to keep them, they were tormenting Toby too much and the whole thing was too soon and too painful knowing that he was dying. We kept them for a month while we got them healthy and up to date on their shots, etc and then found them even better homes than we could/would have provided. So they are happy, healthy great little dogs.. just not with us any longer. :peace:

Krahl

Has anyone ever had their underdog get so hot they couldn't pick it up. Happened to mine yesterday. . After a power cycle seems all normal now. But worried about leaving it on now

Krahl,

formicae

Just wanted to share a nice little setup I've been using for a couple of days. Sorry about the quality, it's bright outside and I'm in the dark and sofa gravity is at about 2.9g.

O7hwndN.jpg

The mouthpiece is from Sneaky Pete, fits on my Orbiter but he also sells a flat-bottom version of the globe that doesn't need the base. Works really nicely handheld.

formicae

Has anyone ever had their underdog get so hot they couldn't pick it up. Happened to mine yesterday. . After a power cycle seems all normal now. But worried about leaving it on now

I've never had this happen. It was at your normal voltage? I don't think there are any components in the UD that could account for that, maybe the power supply (but a VVPS display would probably show some anomalous behaviour in that case).

Klotsch

I just ordered my first Underdog, and I was wondering about a case. The site doesn't seem to sell any.

Has anyone found a good solution that holds everything it comes with? Perhaps even something that also holds glass stems safely (although I know that might be asking too much)?

PS. I realize this isn't meant to be a "portable" device. Just looking for something for occasional car transit, and to generally "put it away" in. Thanks!

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
You know, I've thought about a smell proof case to store my dog in with some stems and items accessories. Would be great for talking to a friend's house, or visiting the in laws.

I've gone and busted the rubber o ring on my air core. Oops.

underdog

Manufacturer
0CZLYdX.jpg
Amboyna cousins

Sweet Dog and Log. :tup:

I just ordered my first Underdog, and I was wondering about a case. The site doesn't seem to sell any.

Has anyone found a good solution that holds everything it comes with? Perhaps even something that also holds glass stems safely (although I know that might be asking too much)?

PS. I realize this isn't meant to be a "portable" device. Just looking for something for occasional car transit, and to generally "put it away" in. Thanks!

Welcome to the Dog pack!

I like EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) cases and think they're a good compromise between protection/price/ergonomics/etc. There are probably endless options on Amazon, eBay, etc but the only link I have on me right now is from MCM and is the one we used to sell. Unless your Dog is a particularly large (diameter) one it should fit the medium size case (the large isn't as thick) oddly enough.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-22-25670-/22-25670

You know, I've thought about a smell proof case to store my dog in with some stems and items accessories. Would be great for talking to a friend's house, or visiting the in laws.

I've gone and busted the rubber o ring on my air core. Oops.

Smell proof is a bit of a different game, my favorite there are Pelican style cases. They're on the pricey and bulky side but that's the price you pay for air tight I guess. I've also been known to do things like stick kit in it's EVA case (or without the case on occasion) in a Food Saver vacuum bag but that's a one-way, single use (once you cut it back open) solution. :2c:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist

I fit everything (ud,stems,wall plug,trvl vvps and extension cord ) in a tv4 size (4" diameter x 8" high) tightvac container. I used a repurposed 510 cartridge battery case to hold the stems. It's smell proof too.

Top Bottom