• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

Tekhie

the SC2 design is a lot more predictable in its behaviour, which is probably really great for new users.

15~20 Hours left!

Got a cozy home set up for them with lots of glass to play with and plenty of VVPS options to sip on.Still working on a nicer house for those stems, but got a few test tube racks they can settle in for now.
Can't wait to settle in and do some serious research! :science:

Glad to hear you think the SC2 could give a more consistent experience. Once I've tamed the 3 new pups coming in, i'm going to have to get my hands on an SC to investigate how they compare.:sherlock:

Tekhie

Oh yes, received the package last night, couldn't believe they packed so much goodies in such a small box! Went a bit overboard with the stems. But everything was so neatly packed, all the stems were snugly wrapped/identified and the dogs were rolled up in their own bubble blankets. Let me just say it was love at first sight. The figured walnut is just... gorgeous. Outstanding job on both @underdogette 's and @underdog 's parts.

Unwrapped everything carefully, marveled a bit at my new acquisitions, set a pup on the launchpad and started to fuel it up for launch. Familiarized myself with all my stem options and selected the thick glass direct-draw for the first boost.

After a 25 min refuel run on the pad, i inserted the TG DD into the pup and we had liftoff. Wanted to post something last night but i got lost somewhere on the dark side of the moon.

Still familiarizing myself with the ritual, getting to know my pups and taming them a bit. Making some cables / extension today to play around with the bench VVPS. I was nicely gifted a new digital single channel bench VVPS for the launchpad to complement my dual channel located in the lab.

So far, i am blown out of this world by these device's efficiency. I was initially loading up the stems with too much material and quickly aligned myself with everyone's advice. It really only takes a pinch of material into any of these stem types to get a really good boost. More specifically, i fill to the top or right bellow the basket screen's rim.

Have 3 days off in front of me to experiment. Wasn't sure if an analog device would be my thing, but there is so much variables to play around with that i am sure i'll be able to dial in an even better experience.

Great first acquaintance so far, and even a newb like me was able to get an amazing experience on the first try.

Thanks again to all the contributors of this community and the great team at Underdog!

Last edited:

formicae

MARS_BODY2.gif

Tekhie

Here is a quick partial picture of the new family. I have another pup as well but hes still bit feral so hes hiding behind those wood blocks along with all of its stems. I'll hope it will be tamed soon so that i can share some full family pictures.

-4GDKMaRKCE7Qhrg3itn8gkhgObqtNUXHZ6wzt6FD76ST9V94h2DneqfoLZOn8o9Z3YknhkU-g16CjDnGO2rq_kQez0XpAFyOvXMBZ8HebELeppoQMMCDP5Y9nF83ZmS-x4zp608AnrTvtvErgfN0ZwugmzNEvgwx55k0wWVRdP3uhlFh_wGvBrbeExuPMNxWKwtwRPsBSQjM2BurxJbUDcqaRLDY3qkX2DVBtQ14N58w_mvvklKrmHqkIRc5659be7ItX5n5ETZmzulXbMNybPbZKWyQv0X2YfmDxBpAFvK4-xhP5UfKi17rrTC0xDZ_qGVSlt-ZIbemuQlhcToVeOl6SeCz_F4VOPQ0wwEdmMwV4XzlQyeaRFrpkW9n80st3cSg0rnYREGNXhZo--d1fAGgaMD8sqY8Xuq3-Jmx0UaESkgORuJ7cU12KPfEjnIz7UiFVVfWmqs5Ah7PzjfkkBthEm-EK5y6PvlqOgKSGSQcgsZZkp2xVOOxdIDmK0Sxb9EfWgu8NCerNdBdh30JDhfN8rZCwXoRUw8cZsyhwpTCAa4c8FWnDX5HYY-g1KGi4sWl1-RAvJDCGfTcNuB_Sd3AXPAefnyiruqplINSHUBzg=w1920-h1080-no

HrU77XfFNZEx0gbvtzJa50De0ZISrCYEd-SDluvPt48Gny7chvPRL4Od3LAFWdhpoycQViQGPPicT8clkPl7nISZVukhFlHnwXJz7I_LtZoir9wLYUGKyFChCNKUHmwCkRzvPSyvXiesrpZVjqPAfur1idJA3yQmkjtCNEmMj7vUB_EIrXA3hwH_WmzcDG5fxJFQHnCoRzdFk-L8OjgRMbMIgbU2MKJMr3l_0oc6Obh_bVwKQ2m3wl_kyFi_B-EEvrffaXpDmqSTajVL-Wnm9JKSbYeCvt0PgGIWjIm6568M9sLJU3lO508gCRAm0Kq4_-fNBz6IX9Ptr5nBF5_2PjT5rwjCiDZdekr0yMm8FrI0_KB7YCA-AzgE1op1WLm4Bsx3f3L1TjARBFvAAkZDLHa1R6K7BBs9DmM_JgobKTxGswYjuvhVHpafCcIcCJgTMXshiDvW2dipQK7cRz5uJ4Gr72_ucPYzbo9M6KM18c7G91MGqfSKbunbPdGy1MgLsKe71bvho3pQDY_4QVdoEInwbdf6dGYCFxwriiYSe7yGz-Fx2ia-RHqnkEhyasHtjgnELkBOziu8vwFogG2iIV_dwQmZtlQW6yOOAe1OcA=w1024-h576-no

That flame and its transition in the grain is so gorgeous!

Gigsabits53

My UD has been getting a hard workout over the last 4-5 months. I recently ordered an ashcatcher (I think I got it from smoke cartel) that just works beautifully with a J-Hook. Everyone who vapes should own a dog in my opinion. I have several other quality vaporizers but the UD is used the most often because of it's simplicity, ease of use. My dog is on and ready all day long for whenever I desire.

I plan on getting a custom dog at some point. I have my eye on that cocobolo, just beautiful.

Enjoy everyone!!

formicae

Beautiful, beautiful log, the flame was the first thing I noticed. Tons of character.

One of the 'little' things I've noticed in every Underdog I've handled is that @underdog always seems to put some thought into locating the power port in a way that maximises the aesthetic impact of a particular piece when you have the cord trailing out the back. My pieces with 'eyes' feature them front-and-centre, but other pieces -- my girlfriend's Blue Mahoe, and that cocobolo sapwood from a while ago that everyone (except the original buyer) drooled over -- will find their 'flair' offset in just the right way.

With the Mahoe, there's a bold, sharp-edged stripe at the 'back' that you can see over the lip, whereas the 'front' has a lovely, warm, cloudy wash of purplish tint. Having that stripe at the front would have been the wrong call, that log's character is all about that wash, that starts as a reflection of the sharp stripe and trails off into a soft chaos echo of its own.

And that sapwood cocobolo had the bright sapwood off to the right just so. Centring it would have been the wrong call as well, practically vulgar. (come at me, symmetrists :goon:)

He's welcome to argue that it's a happy coincidence or some weird savant business, of course, but there's some golden-ratio, rule-of-thirds shit going on. :)

[5] tonight, happy Saturday

FreddieFresh

Here is a quick partial picture of the new family. I have another pup as well but hes still bit feral so hes hiding behind those wood blocks along with all of its stems. I'll hope it will be tamed soon so that i can share some full family pictures.

-4GDKMaRKCE7Qhrg3itn8gkhgObqtNUXHZ6wzt6FD76ST9V94h2DneqfoLZOn8o9Z3YknhkU-g16CjDnGO2rq_kQez0XpAFyOvXMBZ8HebELeppoQMMCDP5Y9nF83ZmS-x4zp608AnrTvtvErgfN0ZwugmzNEvgwx55k0wWVRdP3uhlFh_wGvBrbeExuPMNxWKwtwRPsBSQjM2BurxJbUDcqaRLDY3qkX2DVBtQ14N58w_mvvklKrmHqkIRc5659be7ItX5n5ETZmzulXbMNybPbZKWyQv0X2YfmDxBpAFvK4-xhP5UfKi17rrTC0xDZ_qGVSlt-ZIbemuQlhcToVeOl6SeCz_F4VOPQ0wwEdmMwV4XzlQyeaRFrpkW9n80st3cSg0rnYREGNXhZo--d1fAGgaMD8sqY8Xuq3-Jmx0UaESkgORuJ7cU12KPfEjnIz7UiFVVfWmqs5Ah7PzjfkkBthEm-EK5y6PvlqOgKSGSQcgsZZkp2xVOOxdIDmK0Sxb9EfWgu8NCerNdBdh30JDhfN8rZCwXoRUw8cZsyhwpTCAa4c8FWnDX5HYY-g1KGi4sWl1-RAvJDCGfTcNuB_Sd3AXPAefnyiruqplINSHUBzg=w1920-h1080-no

HrU77XfFNZEx0gbvtzJa50De0ZISrCYEd-SDluvPt48Gny7chvPRL4Od3LAFWdhpoycQViQGPPicT8clkPl7nISZVukhFlHnwXJz7I_LtZoir9wLYUGKyFChCNKUHmwCkRzvPSyvXiesrpZVjqPAfur1idJA3yQmkjtCNEmMj7vUB_EIrXA3hwH_WmzcDG5fxJFQHnCoRzdFk-L8OjgRMbMIgbU2MKJMr3l_0oc6Obh_bVwKQ2m3wl_kyFi_B-EEvrffaXpDmqSTajVL-Wnm9JKSbYeCvt0PgGIWjIm6568M9sLJU3lO508gCRAm0Kq4_-fNBz6IX9Ptr5nBF5_2PjT5rwjCiDZdekr0yMm8FrI0_KB7YCA-AzgE1op1WLm4Bsx3f3L1TjARBFvAAkZDLHa1R6K7BBs9DmM_JgobKTxGswYjuvhVHpafCcIcCJgTMXshiDvW2dipQK7cRz5uJ4Gr72_ucPYzbo9M6KM18c7G91MGqfSKbunbPdGy1MgLsKe71bvho3pQDY_4QVdoEInwbdf6dGYCFxwriiYSe7yGz-Fx2ia-RHqnkEhyasHtjgnELkBOziu8vwFogG2iIV_dwQmZtlQW6yOOAe1OcA=w1024-h576-no

Your pics don't seem to be visible on mobile for some reason. Congrats on the new dogs though!

And that sapwood cocobolo had the bright sapwood off to the right just so. Centring it would have been the wrong call as well, practically vulgar. (come at me, symmetrists :goon:)

I completely concur with your astute observations of the coco and that lovely blue mahoe of yours. My madrone has a nice patch of burls that is offset to the right in a similar fashion. Such an eye for aesthetics is no doubt a sign of true perfectionist :nod:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Good morning Underdogs.. can't believe we're back to Monday.. where did the week go?!

Lots going on, packages shipping out on a daily basis and all customs cleared and out the door besides one that should hopefully be done today.

@Tekhie - your pictures aren't coming thru for me on computer or mobile so something must be wrong?

Tekhie

Your pics don't seem to be visible on mobile for some reason. Congrats on the new dogs though!
@Tekhie - your pictures aren't coming thru for me on computer or mobile so something must be wrong?

Lets try this again, uploaded them to imgur this time:

zkoiuk7.jpg

Tz6bCVr.gif

I have lots of other nicer pictures taken, once i recover from the multiple long mission i completed over the weekend and collect my thoughts. I'll post better 360 view of each pups and along with longer first impressions. Thank you for centering that flame just so, just cant stop staring at it. It also keeps finding its way into my hand even if i'm not vaporizing.

Also very glad i picked up all the stem option i did, loved preloading them all with small amounts then comparing them side by side.

All in all, this is exactly what i was looking for in an on demand desktop vape.

Tekhie

@Diggy Smalls , Can't wait to show the rest of the collection. I have a few stems that some might find quite interesting!

Same here in regards to the stem types, thought i would prefer the glass ones. But so far, the SS tipped stems are by far my favorites. Quick one hit extractions with great taste! Load just enough to fully extract in one draw and i never taste any popcorn. Simply amazing.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Just a quick PSA guys. As per my post here I purchased some Schott 14.5mm & 18.8mm GonG's to test out. They did not work but now I have added an o ring they are a highly viable option especially if you are not in the US as they are sold in plenty of places. If you wanted a 18mm GonG here is your chance, just make sure you have O rings handy.

TeeJay1952

From cold to bold every time I suggest 1/2 hour, but extensions, voltage regulator and variations in the wood density means that you should write what you think and this being the Internet, some will say you're wrong and others declare you new prophet. :rockon::myday:

BrotherJoseph

Prophet dog!
Haha

But really 1/2 hour? I thought the standard dogs took that long and the minis were a faster heat up time?
Every dog is different, so I think you're the only one who can answer your question. One of my minis is as hot as can be in 5 minutes and a couple of the others take 20-25. Same goes for my full size dogs, huge range.

elykpeace

exVASted
I've had the mini for a couple weeks and have been nervous to test it out. I guess I need to just get in there and do some testing this weekend. Thanks guys I just remembered hearing the minis shouldn't be plugged in too long to prolong life expectancy so wanted to get some info.

WING IT! :tup:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
I've had the mini for a couple weeks and have been nervous to test it out. I guess I need to just get in there and do some testing this weekend. Thanks guys I just remembered hearing the minis shouldn't be plugged in too long to prolong life expectancy so wanted to get some info.

WING IT! :tup:

The length of time is based on how much heat is being delivered to the wood. So if your vape is taking longer to heat, then no worries. You just want to limit the amount of heat time if that makes sense, because the heat is what causes the damage. :)

Tekhie

As some of you may know, i was recently given the chance to join the hallowed ranks of UD's SpaceMonkeys. The mission i was given and still continuing is to beta test a new pup with a prototype core at its hearth.

Here is a new picture of the whole family along with all their stems: ( Without Flash )
GCSwgoE.jpg

The pup that was born from project Alpha is quite the beast! Affectionately named it as such, The Beast. (aka Alpha Dog, aka Underdog XL) My mission as just started and i am still striving to taming it.

Top view of the Alpha core: (Fullsize)
vyJyjMY.png

My SC2's outlet measures ~.380"OD and ~.330"ID, The Alpha's measures ~.500"OD and ~.460"ID.
The Alpha core also seems to draw a bit more power than my SC2.

SC2 and Alpha side by side: (Fullsize)
nuw36teh.jpg

Here are its stems: (Fullsize 1, Fullsize 2)
bJcTGKTh.jpg

nxdqeVRh.jpg

First impression of the new core compared to the SC2. It seems to have a slightly faster heat up time, part of it due to a smaller body mass and also that its drawing a bit more wattage at 12v compared to its smaller brother. Biggest advantage so far is the increased airflow, allowing for more control and varied draw speeds. I was able to achieve great results with relatively small doses using both these new stem sizes. I am also able to whitewall my blubbers with nice thick vapor.

Really loving the new stems, their new "micro" version being my favorite so far. These tips fits on the other part of my SC2 core and within the Alpha core. I believe they are the same or similar size than the OS tips currently being tested by others.

Some would say that going to a larger bore size is a step away from efficiency, but it does add another level of performance/option AND can still be used for microdosing. The airflow/performance of these new stem/core pairs extremely well with water pieces. I have been loving using it with my 18mm bubbler.

I have have been playing with voltages but i am still trying to find my sweet spot for each core depending on the stems, on-demand/session and effects desired.

Please note that this device is not yet released.
It is still a prototype that i am currently BETA testing for Underdog.
More information should be released shortly.

I have much much more testing to do and pictures to share. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will hopefully be able to share a more thorough review/comparison soon.

Last edited:

Tekhie

@Teejay1952 , The old standard stems do not fit with the new heater. ( Well they do, but way too loosely to be of any use )

But the new "lite" stems fit on the outside of the standard cores. (The 18mm nong and the new nylon direct draw )

If you have any prototype OS stems i believe those will fit inside the new core as a lite stem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom