Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
....And Dave, props on making use of Amazon Smile, that's a pretty cool underutilized feature.

Oops just noticed your comment.. yeah Amazon Smile is an awesome feature. We've been doing that for quite a while with NORML as our charity. Thanks for noticing! :tup:

Hmm, sounds awesome. I'll have to take a look around...

I'm only a student still but work in a pharmacy currently and am hopefully going down a similar career path (emphasis on drug research rather than chem though...)

I'm too much of a flavor junkie currently but maybe I'll get over it and start mixing strains again...

Sweet, well if you end up playing around with it let us know how it works out. :cheers:

formicae

Wanted to share a neat little piece I got from DHgate (I got the 14mm model because it's smaller overall) that works really well with my Underdog.

I didn't like the way it worked with water, so I tried it dry and love it; in practice it's like a J-hook with a chamber of vapour you can see while you use it. Really nice experience. Feels sturdy, good ergonomics (I use the downtube as a handle), doesn't wobble when you set it down. Under $20, too.

2a4sgvs.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Ohhh nice burl! Looks like the tree is dead too so the burl will be rotting in short order if it's not already. Is it yours? Species? :hmm:

Let me grab the chainsaw and I'll be on my way! I assume it's cool if I sleep on your couch. :lol:

Commander Cody

Ohhh nice burl! Looks like the tree is dead too so the burl will be rotting in short order if it's not already. Is it yours? Species? :hmm:

Let me grab the chainsaw and I'll be on my way! I assume it's cool if I sleep on your couch. :lol:

I'm afraid the burl is already in bad shape. It may well be a pin oak. Hard to tell during leaf off and that one will leaf no more. Came across it on a hike around a city owned lake in the Ozarks. Couch is open
C53Ie2A.jpg

So my bubinga pup is the absolute best thing ever. I'm in love with it. It's so easy to use and so comfortable in the hand.

Few questions:

1. Is it bad to leave it in a cold garage reaching temps as low as 20 F? I don't want to somehow damage it or the wood.

2. The bud usually turns tan or relatively dark brown. Despite whatever color it turns, a LOT of vape is produced. This is awesome, but sometimes when I blow out it almost looks like smoke...? Like, white wispy fractals floating upward. This isn't smoke, is it? It never tastes like smoke and the bud never turns black or ashy. Just wanna be sure I'm not reaching combustion. I usually run the vape at 11-11.4v

Will have pics soon. :)

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer

Big Burl.. Tree was about 2 feet in diameter

I'm afraid the burl is already in bad shape. It may well be a pin oak. Hard to tell during leaf off and that one will leaf no more. Came across it on a hike around a city owned lake in the Ozarks. Couch is open
C53Ie2A.jpg

Ah, bummer.. cool find nonetheless though. Thanks for sharing!

So my bubinga pup is the absolute best thing ever. I'm in love with it. It's so easy to use and so comfortable in the hand.

Few questions:

1. Is it bad to leave it in a cold garage reaching temps as low as 20 F? I don't want to somehow damage it or the wood.

2. The bud usually turns tan or relatively dark brown. Despite whatever color it turns, a LOT of vape is produced. This is awesome, but sometimes when I blow out it almost looks like smoke...? Like, white wispy fractals floating upward. This isn't smoke, is it? It never tastes like smoke and the bud never turns black or ashy. Just wanna be sure I'm not reaching combustion. I usually run the vape at 11-11.4v

Will have pics soon. :)

Awesome dude glad you're enjoying it!

1 - It might be a little more stress on the wood to go from so cold to hot but I doubt it would be a problem. If you have a dimmer you could always keep it at a standby voltage of like 4-5v which would eliminate the cold as an issue and also cut your heat up time down to a few minutes when you're ready to go.

2 - Nope, sounds just right. If you ever combust you'll know because you'll get a big 'whoosh!' sound, a rapid decrease in draw resistance (as the herb burns away) and a ton of horrible tasting smoke that you can't confuse with anything else. Also probably also an orange cherry that sticks around after you're done hitting it.. like a cigarette. :tup:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

That is what we call a perfectly tuned pup. As Underdog said if you combust you will know all about it.

I checked the tracking on the blanks today and saw they arrived at yours the other day... and your city is called "Paradise" ...awesome; is it too optimistic to imagine that Phil Collins plays over loudspeakers throughout the city 3 times a day, like they do with the Quran?

Just giddy that I know the ball is rolling and things have begun! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Nuttmare

I checked the tracking on the blanks today and saw they arrived at yours the other day... and your city is called "Paradise" ...awesome; is it too optimistic to imagine that Phil Collins plays over loudspeakers throughout the city 3 times a day, like they do with the Quran?

Just giddy that I know the ball is rolling and things have begun! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Hehe yeah or Eddie Money!

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
I'm so excited! Finally paid the invoice for a couple pups. One custom and one mini with loads of extras. Can't wait for them to arrive and I already have the next idea ready. I think this may be a problem worse than VAS. LAS might become my bank account killer.

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, woooo Saturday!

Hope you're all having a good weekend. We're finishing up some customs so we can get them out the door and on the way to their new homes before we start working on a whole bunch more.. it's like a revolving door of goodness.

I got a nice surprise this morning when the mailman dropped of a big mystery box. Turns out it was the replacement bench power supply I'd ordered awhile back. Now I'm playing Tetris on the workbench trying to find a way to get everything to fit. Figured I might as well share a pic while I'm doing so and that DIY'ers and/or @fresham might appreciate it.

Bench multimeter, high temp soldering iron, hot air rework station, new 3 channel bench power supply
m74xhs.jpg

@underdog This is super helpful as I'm looking to switch to soldered barrel plugs since it will help testability and such. The terminal blocks are easy to probe, but this makes that setup just as easy. I would personally love to see more insight and pics of your electronics setup and tools as you find things to share! My biggest challenge right now is finding the ideal cable setup and balancing durability and functionality with maintainability. Thanks for sharing!

Tagged you for the above pic, etc and put a hyperlink to the bench power supply in case you wanted to spec-check one of the big boys. :tup:

Haha.. Paradise, isn't. If they played anything from loudspeakers throughout the city it'd be something twangy and redneck-y no doubt.

I'm sure UD'ette will be in touch re: your blanks if she hasn't already and I'll be working them into the schedule this coming week.

I'm so excited! Finally paid the invoice for a couple pups. One custom and one mini with loads of extras. Can't wait for them to arrive and I already have the next idea ready. I think this may be a problem worse than VAS. LAS might become my bank account killer.

Awesome, hope you enjoy them! LAS might be a problem but at least the expense will be offset a bit by the savings in herb. :brow:

My tax refund got deposited to my bank account; a smidge smaller than I expected, but not enough that I can't spring for a new custom. Drafting up specs to bug @underdogette (it's an easy one imo).

Doh and/or yay! :cheers:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'm still getting to know my Dog and I use it every day. I really do prefer to use the NonG and nylon stem the best, but every now and then I would like to be able to do glass, but my aircore would need to go a little hotter.
I can't believe I still haven't figured out the timing between hits. Sometimes it seems to hit hotter than others. I don't know. I'm stoned.

NonG with a little j-hook really is pretty fabulous. It's helped teach me how to get the harder hits I sometimes crave, cause I can see the vapor. And it's small. Like and Underdog. They look cute together.
I'm curious about a 15v power supply to go with the dimmer w/display I grabbed. That, or I'm considering a vvps...but I don't know...trying to keep the setup simple not suspicious looking. Know what I mean?

My girl really likes the way it does aromatherapy, and she doesn't mind it around cause of how pretty it is.

formicae

I just fired off my custom request and sweet Lucy, I feel like I wrote way too much for a 'simple' custom. It got me thinking about all the custom requests, and all those emails where a customer has something specific in mind, and tries to explain it in writing, and then @underdogette parsing it...

@underdog, she deserves a raise. Failing that, buy her a drink with an umbrella in it next time you're out (unless it's a glass of wine, in which case two umbrellas) and bill me for it. :)

(underdogette, if you're in charge of payroll, give yourself the raise and charge me for the drink anyway)

Last edited:

NizzyJones

Diggy - do you have the core o-ring? That'd make glass stems on the air core a lot more convenient. I tried it on mine without one just to see how it'd do but it's not something I'd bother with regularly. Dimmer and a 15V supply would definitely be the more discreet setup. I know I have a 15V supply kicking around from some other thing, I've been meaning to give it a try at like 12.5-13V.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Yes, I actually do have the o-ring installed... Though honestly I prefer it without it, cause I can make the heater port go deeper into the glass wand. I don't know.... There's a ways to use your dog.
Imo whatever way you like using your dog is the right way for you.
I to prefer no oring.
To me thats whats great about logs in general no set ways to use it.
What ever works.

Haha.. Paradise, isn't. If they played anything from loudspeakers throughout the city it'd be something twangy and redneck-y no doubt.

I'm sure UD'ette will be in touch re: your blanks if she hasn't already and I'll be working them into the schedule this coming week.

Haha, really? Well I do own a Tele... I wouldn't mind that, could join right in :-D (so long as it's without the redneck-y aspect!)

No contact yet, but honestly, there really is no rush, if other people need theirs more urgently then by all means, bump them up the queue.. got more than enough to entertain me for the time being. I don't get to wait for things ever anymore in this age of instant gratification, and I'm oddly enjoying it, haha.

underdog

Manufacturer
What's up Dogs?

Another Monday and we're plugging away as usual. Cold, rainy and dreary here so it's time to catch up on office work and rounding up those various VVPS units, etc for our 'Underdog Yard Sale'. Hopefully I'll have enough free time in the schedule to start getting those sorted out and offered up this week.. fingers crossed.

Haha, really? Well I do own a Tele... I wouldn't mind that, could join right in :-D (so long as it's without the redneck-y aspect!)

No contact yet, but honestly, there really is no rush, if other people need theirs more urgently then by all means, bump them up the queue.. got more than enough to entertain me for the time being. I don't get to wait for things ever anymore in this age of instant gratification, and I'm oddly enjoying it, haha.

Hah.. well then I guess grab that Tele and come on down. Underdogette has a nice little Taylor that could use some company. :cool:

Glad you're in no rush since the schedule is a bit busy, not backordered for 6 months kind of busy but a few days delay instead.

I should definitely have your blanks roughed and on the work rack sometime around midweek depending on how things go with work that's in front of yours. Will keep you posted as anything exciting happens. :cheers:

sixstringsmash

Banksia pod question! So I'm doing my buttering of my dogs and other wooden vaporizers when I come to my banksia pod dog and a thought erupts in my mind. I know that banksia pod's technically not a wood but a seed so would underbutter be good for this material or would something else be better? Only asking out of curiosity.

underdog

Manufacturer
Banksia pod question! So I'm doing my buttering of my dogs and other wooden vaporizers when I come to my banksia pod dog and a thought erupts in my mind. I know that banksia pod's technically not a wood but a seed so would underbutter be good for this material or would something else be better? Only asking out of curiosity.

We treat them as if they're wood and use underbutter on them here in Underdog Land. :2c::tup:

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
So I just got my two underdogs. One custom which has already been seen on here and a minidog. Unfortunately, they were too tired to play tonight, so I tucked them into bed.

JVfJpoD.jpg

I will make sure they get lots of love and play a whole bunch tomorrow. Thank you so much @underdog and @underdogette! You both made the entire process so easy and I will definitely be getting another (or more) as soon as I can to keep the pack growing.

Elbuort19

Only had my C Dog for a little over a month and I love it but my real passion is for the NonG stems. :love:
I'm a medical user and with the UD I vape 1 to 4 bowls every 30 to 60 min. My constant use results in dropping the NonG stems at least half a dozen times a day! For me glass would be a nightmare with my hardwood floors and remote location but these are tough as :shit: and won't ruin my day. :tup:

Top Bottom