Underdog Log Vapes

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I've made probably half a dozen over the years from barely bigger than a hockey puck to the diameter of a car steering wheel. I even put multiple cores in a couple of them.. ie, a Standard, an Air Core, etc in the same one. :cool:

Are these in the archives on site? Sounds really cool

muunch,
Reactions: underdog

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
More PMs coming your way!

Yeah, I could.. no problem doing that. I have quite a few different woods that are big enough including the sister glulam to that original piece (White Ash / Black Walnut stripes).

I've made probably half a dozen over the years from barely bigger than a hockey puck to the diameter of a car steering wheel. I even put multiple cores in a couple of them.. ie, a Standard, an Air Core, etc in the same one. :cool:

bijection

Hello, I've my Underdog Poplar Twig for over two years now. Just getting into aromatherapy with it.
I used 100% organic beeswax and added a couple drops of an essential oil. Is it normal for the beeswax to stay waxy and firm? Or should it be more liquid-y.
I pumped up the voltage for a little bit just to see if the beeswax would melt (~7v) and it did. At 3.5v-5v it stays solid and barely gives off an aroma.
Any tips from seasoned aromatherapy users?
Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/HU5VL

PS: What type of core does my vape have?

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@bijection Pretty Dog you have there. We can't tell the core without seeing down the hole at it. Mine is an aircore and it melts the beeswax around 7v. Most of the time I just leave it there, but sometimes I leave it on 12v if I know I'll be puffing a bit. Between bowls I let the aromatherapy go while I pack another. It's never too potent. Actually, my girlfriend loves the Dog because of it's awesome job at making the place smell nice, even despite the stinky clouds it also makes. lol

I've used another log vape for aromatherapy, but it's a hotter log vape that I don't use a dimmer with. So...I only do aromatherapy with it in short bursts.

I mix like 4 drops of lemongrass with 1 drop of clove for the morning. At night I usually make a mix of chamomile and spearmint. With the dog, I can let it go for a long time...watching a movie, we'll get pleasant wafts of scent. That's all the stuff I can think of right now... :) :hmm:

Last edited:
Today I was scheduled for surgery (5 procedures) to repair my nose and throat. I've got sleep apnea and obstructed/shallow breathing. One of the biggest reasons I decided to say FUCK COMBUSTION was because smoke irritates my nose and throat, making it much harder to breathe and sleep. I thought a log vape from Underdog would be perfect for me; it would allow me to enjoy my herbs without the irritation of smoke.

I had to quit smoking a few weeks prior to this surgery. It has been one of the hardest things for me, since I was a daily smoker...

My hospital called today, one hour before my pre-op procedures, to tell me that my insurance company denied all the procedures. I have been looking forward to this surgery for months... I went through diagnostic hell, just to have it denied at the very last second...

I'm devastated, but I'm using this experience as a springboard for my quitting smoking entirely. I'm still beyond excited for my dog to come in, despite its original purpose now being null.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't have anyone to really vent to about this.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
latest

Hah! I'd totally forgotten about that scene.. lol!

Cracking up over here, that's great, all of it, haha.

Wait, why? Did I make an accidental funny?

Are these in the archives on site? Sounds really cool

No they aren't in the archives, they were before we rebuild the website last time.. everything prior to that was lost which is about 75% of the overall vape archive. :(

More PMs coming your way!

Thanks for the heads up, will answer shortly!

Hello, I've my Underdog Poplar Twig for over two years now. Just getting into aromatherapy with it.
I used 100% organic beeswax and added a couple drops of an essential oil. Is it normal for the beeswax to stay waxy and firm? Or should it be more liquid-y.
I pumped up the voltage for a little bit just to see if the beeswax would melt (~7v) and it did. At 3.5v-5v it stays solid and barely gives off an aroma.
Any tips from seasoned aromatherapy users?
Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/HU5VL

PS: What type of core does my vape have?

That's a Standard Core and 7-10v would be the range I'd use for aromatherapy.. just use the lowest temp that melts the wax. Also I'd suggest using less.. I usually use 1/3 to 1/2 an aroma cup that way it melts faster, costs less and is less of a spill hazard. :2c:

Today I was scheduled for surgery (5 procedures) to repair my nose and throat. I've got sleep apnea and obstructed/shallow breathing. One of the biggest reasons I decided to say FUCK COMBUSTION was because smoke irritates my nose and throat, making it much harder to breathe and sleep. I thought a log vape from Underdog would be perfect for me; it would allow me to enjoy my herbs without the irritation of smoke.

I had to quit smoking a few weeks prior to this surgery. It has been one of the hardest things for me, since I was a daily smoker...

My hospital called today, one hour before my pre-op procedures, to tell me that my insurance company denied all the procedures. I have been looking forward to this surgery for months... I went through diagnostic hell, just to have it denied at the very last second...

I'm devastated, but I'm using this experience as a springboard for my quitting smoking entirely. I'm still beyond excited for my dog to come in, despite its original purpose now being null.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't have anyone to really vent to about this.

Dude. I don't even know what to say, that's just all kinds of fucked up. I hate that shit like that happens and I have to deal with it in my own life as well so I can relate. Sorry man.

On the bright side I guess you'll have a nice Dog to cheer you up?

formicae

Wait, why? Did I make an accidental funny?

Not really, it was more like...delight? A steering wheel sized tortuga hamburger dog with core holes sticking out in different directions (holes where the head, legs, tail come out on a real turtle) was what I was picturing. I was being 100% sincere when I said 'that's great,' but at the same time, cracking up.

underdog

Manufacturer
Not really, it was more like...delight? A steering wheel sized tortuga hamburger dog with core holes sticking out in different directions (holes where the head, legs, tail come out on a real turtle) was what I was picturing. I was being 100% sincere when I said 'that's great,' but at the same time, cracking up.

Oh ok just making sure I didn't miss something! lol

Some of the more exciting/awesome customs I've made the owners have asked for the pictures, etc not to be shared (we do that if asked).

I've made a couple huge 'Logs' too that couldn't be picked up.. needed casters on the bottom to roll around. Well I guess one was 'small' enough to pick up but it was about 60lbs.

GiruVqj.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Have you really been through 20 something different core revisions? I was under the impression there was only like 5-6 previous ones!:lol::rofl:

Yeah there have probably been at least that many revisions, I'm just really bad about 'fluffy marketing' so we don't mention that stuff as much as we could/should? Now full core redesigns.. there have probably only been 5-7 of those over the years.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Though wouldn't it be better if it had one of each core revision we've ever had?

Well, if you insist!

My mind is swimming with ideas for a custom... a desk... I think is asking too much hahaha (I'm not kidding I'd probably use it all the time!) but you had me intrigued at hockey-puck sized tortuga-style dog

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Hell yes, dogburger. Sign me up.

On another note, maybe I'm just silly but my dog is jumping around in voltage (way higher increments than typical... up to .5v ... never staying still) regardless of plug (tried my 15v and 12v) and multiple outlets. Hopefully it's just my power being odd? Didn't drop my dog but I did heat it up yesterday and used it as a roller to thin out this massive slab of shatter I have... Was working fine earlier today though. :hmm:

edit: seems to have settled. spoke too soon

underdog

Manufacturer
Hell yes, dogburger. Sign me up.

On another note, maybe I'm just silly but my dog is jumping around in voltage (way higher increments than typical... up to .5v ... never staying still) regardless of plug (tried my 15v and 12v) and multiple outlets. Hopefully it's just my power being odd? Didn't drop my dog but I did heat it up yesterday and used it as a roller to thin out this massive slab of shatter I have... Was working fine earlier today though. :hmm:

edit: seems to have settled. spoke too soon

Probably just line noise on the AC main or from the PWM circuit, both will vary from time to time. :shrug:

My provider really pulled through for me: she appealed the denial and got them to reverse their decision in just 8 hours. I'm scheduled for next Wednesday now! I don't know how she managed since these appeal processes usually take several days, but I'm relieved and thankful.

Thanks for the support, guys! It helped get me through a pretty shit day

underdog

Manufacturer
My provider really pulled through for me: she appealed the denial and got them to reverse their decision in just 8 hours. I'm scheduled for next Wednesday now! I don't know how she managed since these appeal processes usually take several days, but I'm relieved and thankful.

Thanks for the support, guys! It helped get me through a pretty shit day

That's great news man, thanks for the update! :clap:

Elbuort19

Any tips to get more than .05g into either the Oversized NonG or NonG? I'd like to load .1g but no matter how I adjust the basket it doesn't vape any better than the smaller loads. Trying to one hit through water and get a lung bursting draw but the small .05g loads run out way before I do. Thanks!

ycooper2015

Any tips to get more than .05g into either the Oversized NonG or NonG? I'd like to load .1g but no matter how I adjust the basket it doesn't vape any better than the smaller loads. Trying to one hit through water and get a lung bursting draw but the small .05g loads run out way before I do. Thanks!
Throw some kief in for a lung buster!

underdog

Manufacturer

Yeah overloading the basket starts to have diminishing returns as it sounds like you've discovered. That said you should be able to get more than .05g in one of the stems that fits over the core (vs inside it) and not have a performance hit if everything is set up right.

Some things that can help with the above: a finer grind to your herb, a very light packing of the herb in the stem and a little more heat can all help. If you're already trying those things then I'm not sure what to say. :shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom