Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Alright.. lets see.. we're not big fans of New England so how about if they lose the game we'll do an almost unheard of 25% off all in-stock vapes (no customs) and accessories today after the game and until midnight tomorrow. Free shipping on orders with vapes. Use the code "suckitbrady" for a free bonus SS Lite Stem. :evil:

Any orders that came in earlier today will also get the discount refunded to them if New England loses.

Woof_Woof

My new UD arrived today and it is more beautiful than it looks in the pics (isn't that always the way!).

Shipping to Australia took 11 days. I'm using this Australian power supply, which according to the LED dimmer I got with my UD, is putting out a stable 11.9V.

The new stems look great. I'm particularly looking forward to trying the SS stem once I'm done with work and then trying to figure out how this J-Hook thing works as the evening wears on.

Thanks @underdog and @underdogette, I appreciate you and everything you do.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Alright.. lets see.. we're not big fans of New England so how about if they lose the game we'll do an almost unheard of 25% off all in-stock vapes (no customs) and accessories today after the game and until midnight tomorrow. Free shipping on orders with vapes. Use the code "suckitbrady" for a free bonus SS Lite Stem. :evil:

Any orders that came in earlier today will also get the discount refunded to them if New England loses.

Looks like you'll be running out of stock very shorty. As much as it sucks for me n my team it will be great for all the Brady haters(cough cough Dave) and people looking for new dogs lol.

Enjoy it while you can.

Modnote: Pre-Atlanta choke post merged with post-Atlanta choke post.

Looks like you'll be running out of stock very shorty. As much as it sucks for me n my team it will be great for all the Brady haters(cough cough Dave) and people looking for new dogs lol.

Enjoy it while you can.

Spoke too soon, should have known better... sorry there's no sale but I'm not sorry.

GO PATS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep

Enjoy it while you can.

Modnote: Pre-Atlanta choke post merged with post-Atlanta choke post.

Spoke too soon, should have known better... sorry there's no sale but I'm not sorry.

GO PATS!!

Lol @ the modnote ;)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So... Been using my dog like this for some reason...

IMG_20170206_072353f3a94.jpg

then last night I got really baked and had a great idea... as you can see I'm quite the mspaint pro.

My dog lives up to its glorious namesake.

doginspacee3975.jpg

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
My dog arrived a day early. I left work feeling ill to the stomach and low and behold look what's waiting for me!
IMG_20170206_142549118.jpg

IMG_20170206_142615609.jpg

Just look at that grain. I'm been trying out the different stems the last hour. It's an aircore, so the stainless steel tips work best, which are my favorite.

OK, so it seems like I'm getting multiple draws from a stainless steel tip, much to my surprise. She's been on an hour now and the wood is nice and pleasantly warm. This is when the real testing happens. :)

It's so very lovely. I'm going to need to get a matching walnut stem at some point. :)

Thank you so much @underdog and @underdogette for all you did. This is a very unique vaping tool and you guys knocked it out of the park. You were right, man, this is a looker!

EDIT - I got an oversized NonG and it works perfect with my Toasty Island, but it's hard to get a very strong extraction with the Aircore UD. I don't mind, though...for real...it works so good in my TI that it will likely become my default with that device for a while.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, another Monday already huh? Damn short weekends... :argh:

So... Been using my dog like this for some reason...
IMG_20170206_072353f3a94.jpg

then last night I got really baked and had a great idea... as you can see I'm quite the mspaint pro.

My dog lives up to its glorious namesake.

doginspacee3975.jpg

Haha.. awesome! SpaceDogLog!

I like the glass setup. I ran one like that for a while with water in the top and the bottom dry. Worked awesome.

My dog arrived a day early. I left work feeling ill to the stomach and low and behold look what's waiting for me!
IMG_20170206_142549118.jpg

IMG_20170206_142615609.jpg

Just look at that grain. I'm been trying out the different stems the last hour. It's an aircore, so the stainless steel tips work best, which are my favorite.

OK, so it seems like I'm getting multiple draws from a stainless steel tip, much to my surprise. She's been on an hour now and the wood is nice and pleasantly warm. This is when the real testing happens. :)

It's so very lovely. I'm going to need to get a matching walnut stem at some point. :)

Thank you so much @underdog and @underdogette for all you did. This is a very unique vaping tool and you guys knocked it out of the park. You were right, man, this is a looker!

EDIT - I got an oversized NonG and it works perfect with my Toasty Island, but it's hard to get a very strong extraction with the Aircore UD. I don't mind, though...for real...it works so good in my TI that it will likely become my default with that device for a while.

Wooo purdy!

Glad you're enjoying it so far. Yeah the OS NonG is probably the toughest stem for the Air Core to extract from. Did you get an o-ring on the Air Core?

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@underdog Yeah, I sure did get the o-ring installed.

So, I got the dimmer with the screen and it's cool. I have found that it doesn't go waver when I get up into the vaping temperatures, but anything lower than about 10v and it wavers as expected. I also really like the way the aromatherapy cup fits...walla. This is the vape that will live downstairs next to my side of the couch :) It's a little more normal and unsuspicious looking than literally all of my other vapes.

I really am glad I went with the Air Core because it's very different than my other log vape in the way it extracts.

formicae

I have found that it doesn't go waver when I get up into the vaping temperatures, but anything lower than about 10v and it wavers as expected.

This is partly because you lose a decimal point on the display when you go over 10V, so you don't see the jitter as much. :science:

Absolutely beautiful dog by the way, love that multidirectional grain.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Glad to see everyone digging their dogs! I am still running mine and rotate them out weekly, they are always on, always work, while I flutter to other vapes through the week, the dogs are ol reliable and I use it daily still :) just perfect. my direct draw is GROSS! in a good way but way overdue for a cleaning, kind of dig the coating on it - au natural colored stem :lol:

Keep on keeping on guys!

Edit: @NickDlow heheheh show off :p you have the most stunning collection IMO love that big slab too

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, I mentioned we would be doing some New Year shop cleaning as usual and selling off some of the superfluous things that we come across.. including a variety of Dogs.

I figure with the Dogs I'll just post them here (and/or maybe our various social media) as we find/finish them at a discounted price. If they sell cool, if not I guess we'll save them up and put them on the website at some point (though probably not discounted).

Anyways, first two Super(fluous) Dogs to come out of the chaos that is the shop right now...

Two test bodies in the laminated Zebrawood with maple veneer stripes. $179 and $169 shipped. If anyone is interested contact Underdogette in the next 24 hours or I'll pack them away for later per the above.
SAuenSa.jpg

@underdog Yeah, I sure did get the o-ring installed.

So, I got the dimmer with the screen and it's cool. I have found that it doesn't go waver when I get up into the vaping temperatures, but anything lower than about 10v and it wavers as expected. I also really like the way the aromatherapy cup fits...walla. This is the vape that will live downstairs next to my side of the couch :) It's a little more normal and unsuspicious looking than literally all of my other vapes.

I really am glad I went with the Air Core because it's very different than my other log vape in the way it extracts.

Excellent, if you've got the o-ring installed then you're about as setup as can be. :cheers:

Glad to see everyone digging their dogs! I am still running mine and rotate them out weekly, they are always on, always work, while I flutter to other vapes through the week, the dogs are ol reliable and I use it daily still :) just perfect. my direct draw is GROSS! in a good way but way overdue for a cleaning, kind of dig the coating on it - au natural colored stem :lol:

Keep on keeping on guys!

Edit: @NickDlow heheheh show off :p you have the most stunning collection IMO love that big slab too

Heya HWS glad to hear you're still rocking the Dogs.. :brow: and no worries we'll keep on keeping on like the :borg:.

ckmA9Ez.jpg

:love:

Edit: lol thank you @HellsWindStaff I gotta show off a little bit here and there. I love my dogs. Sadly they'll be dormant for a while :cry: so I gotta show them I still love em

I think you've got more Dogs on your desk than I do dude.. well played. All hail the DogKing. :bowdown:

underdog

Manufacturer
Those are awesome looking dogs! I love that one on the left. They are laminated? I don't think I've seen many a UD that was laminated.

Thanks! Yeah they're laminated (aka glulams) Zebrawood (thick outside pieces), hard maple (blued) and mahogany in the very middle.

When we first started making vapes most/many of our pieces were laminated, in recognition of that I'd planned on using these for special pieces our big anniversary sale this past Sept but ended up not.

Here's a picture of our first 'lineup' on FC when we joined up way back when, notice all the glulams. :cool:
R3PvBTE.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Those gulam dogs are pretty sweet. Really cool retro vibe to em... hard to pin it down exactly. Some of the shapes of those OG dogs are wild. Really neat picture.

I noticed it the past few days but wasn't sure if it was me doing it (by hitting the glass stem against the core) but can confirm as of this morning that it's not me... my dog has developed one of those "cracklings"

Could be the herb? But I'd like to think my dog gives me a reciprocating "bark" every time I'm taking my first sip off a fresh stem :)

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Oh my gosh what a great pic. What on earth is that I've with the heater port on the side of it? Looks cool and weird. Wait, upon closer inspection, it looks like that's a port for the cable and it has no heater port. Underdog hand warmer? Lol

Those gulam dogs are pretty sweet. Really cool retro vibe to em... hard to pin it down exactly. Some of the shapes of those OG dogs are wild. Really neat picture.

I noticed it the past few days but wasn't sure if it was me doing it (by hitting the glass stem against the core) but can confirm as of this morning that it's not me... my dog has developed one of those "cracklings"

Could be the herb? But I'd like to think my dog gives me a reciprocating "bark" every time I'm taking my first sip off a fresh stem :)
Both my HI AND UD crackle when using a SS tip. It's the herb. At first I thought it was burning, but nope.

Both my HI AND UD crackle when using a SS tip. It's the herb. At first I thought it was burning, but nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I remember people talking a few pages back about the noises theirs made occasionally but yeah this is new-to-me. dunno if it'll stick around, it's just with my DD glass stem so idk.

i like it though. adds some neat character like the dings and scuffs do :) i have a crackling, slightly dinged spacedog lol

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I get the crackles too sometimes but it's hit or miss, think it has to do with the herbs moisture more than dog but I can't say for sure. I also tend to get it with the SS tips more than the glass but I've heard it on the glass too. Never really noticed or paid it much mind

underdog

Manufacturer

Sounds like the herb crackling.. I like that sound. Sometimes you also might get the metal 'tinking' sound when the core is loading/unloading heat rapidly.. like when you part a hot car and the engine makes that same sound.

Oh my gosh what a great pic. What on earth is that I've with the heater port on the side of it? Looks cool and weird. Wait, upon closer inspection, it looks like that's a port for the cable and it has no heater port. Underdog hand warmer? Lol...

That's the Tortuga! It was a turtle (ie, tortuga) shaped Dog that had the core mounted sideways (you're seeing the core) so when you hit it you kind of held it like you were eating a burger lol. Good times.

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog would you happen to still make the tortuga? Becuase that is cool as shit!

Yeah, I could.. no problem doing that. I have quite a few different woods that are big enough including the sister glulam to that original piece (White Ash / Black Walnut stripes).

I've made probably half a dozen over the years from barely bigger than a hockey puck to the diameter of a car steering wheel. I even put multiple cores in a couple of them.. ie, a Standard, an Air Core, etc in the same one. :cool:

Top Bottom