• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
Yeah since the latest revision I've had the temp pushed as high as I can without hitting the combustion threshold. That hot and they'll extract a load in just a hit or two a lot of times (varies depending on each kit and strains involved, etc). :borg::o:cool:
I find just lowering the screen in a stainless tipped stem (Nong style) and then not packing material too high has made it so even my hot running dog can avoid charring without using a dimmer/VVPS. It still gets hot enough for that one hit killer. It seems there is virtually no visible vapor left once it's gone through the dog (or the dog has gone through it I suppose).
EDIT: I do use an extension cord though.

DOOM

My UD is not working anymore. First time it was my outlet, since I run the UD 24/7 for about an entire year so far. I then switched outlets to living room and it worked fine. I obviously do not want to use it in living room or any other outlets. However I came back again to living room hours later and the UD was not working, it wasnt even warm.

What would be best suggestion? I read that I could use a batter? Sorry I'm pretty lousy with this. Any help I could use. Thanks. I really dont want to give up on the UD

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
My UD is not working anymore. First time it was my outlet, since I run the UD 24/7 for about an entire year so far. I then switched outlets to living room and it worked fine. I obviously do not want to use it in living room or any other outlets. However I came back again to living room hours later and the UD was not working, it wasnt even warm.

What would be best suggestion? I read that I could use a batter? Sorry I'm pretty lousy with this. Any help I could use. Thanks. I really dont want to give up on the UD
Could be an intermittent open in the power supply cord. There are battery packs you can use or possible just get another power supply.

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep

Sounds like a dead/dying power supply. Either a break in the wires inside the cord (so when it moves it temporarily makes a connection again) or goes dead whenever it overheats itself. If you have another 12v power supply around (with at least 650mA, or 1-2A), it would be good to test with to make sure the vape is ok. If you do this, only leave it plugged in long enough to confirm the vape is working- otherwise you could burn out your test power supply-- log vapes tend to run power supplies pretty hard.

DOOM

Sounds like a dead/dying power supply. Either a break in the wires inside the cord (so when it moves it temporarily makes a connection again) or goes dead whenever it overheats itself. If you have another 12v power supply around (with at least 650mA, or 1-2A), it would be good to test with to make sure the vape is ok. If you do this, only leave it plugged in long enough to confirm the vape is working- otherwise you could burn out your test power supply-- log vapes tend to run power supplies pretty hard.
Thanks man I will try this out when I get home. If nothing, I might just buy another UD with power supply. I forgot to mention I dropped it a few times :/

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Exciting new offering! We've now added a semi-custom option to our website, called Build to Order Vapes. These are wooden vape bodies already made, ready for you to pick out a core type and leather bottom. It's a great option for those of you who would like a little customization, but don't feel quite ready to go full-custom.

With this, we've added a leather bottom options gallery, which can be used for full-custom vapes as well.

Take a look and let us know what you think! http://underdogvapes.com/bto

brandonflav

mastermind behind the great Vapor Caper
This post is very overdue. I have been part of the dog pound for a month now, and I couldn't be happier! I got me a banksia pod pup and she is absolutely gorgeous. I am over the moon about my pup. A couple years ago one of our Aussie members started to make some pod logs and I was smitten by this crazy seed pod I'd never seen before. Well the lovely folks of UD made my log dreams come true.

Words honestly can't express how awesome the UD family is; nor can they describe how lucky we are as a community to have this amazing, supportive, transparent, & phenomenal company so close.
:love:

Well I've got some catching up to do & will get out before I start droning/rambling on. Ask the dogs, i tend to do that a lot... & I see it has already begun, yikes haha.

Much love @underdogette & @underdog hope y'all had a great vacation! Also, new build to order on the site is badass.
:rockon:

Started working on something for you guys for the birthday sale. I'm hoping to get it done once September rolls around. *PLEASE KEEP EXPECTATIONS LOW* Haha

Thanks to the person who bought that sexy looking "milk bottle" banksia pup. When I saw it a few minutes ago i was like "Hmmmm, what can I sell to buy that." The puppy love is too strong.

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Sadly I fumbled my awesome bong a week ago, first time I had ever had an accident with it. It fell on carpet but shattered into a thousand pieces. The only good news? My underdog gong survived, so in the event that I purchase glass in the future, I'm set. Back to my thick direct draw stem for the foreseeable future!

subway13029

Ok heres my question guy and gals dogs and dogettes..if i have my dimmer plugged into my underdog and the dimmer is all the way to the on position(on all the way)is that equal to the underdog just plugged in by itself with no dimmer? Im trying to get a baseline as its too hot when just plugged in with no dimmer. I figure that if the dimmer can only turn it down but would i need to turn it on in order to turn the underdog down? I guess what im saying is it like thw opposite?

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Ok heres my question guy and gals dogs and dogettes..if i have my dimmer plugged into my underdog and the dimmer is all the way to the on position(on all the way)is that equal to the underdog just plugged in by itself with no dimmer? Im trying to get a baseline as its too hot when just plugged in with no dimmer. I figure that if the dimmer can only turn it down but would i need to turn it on in order to turn the underdog down? I guess what im saying is it like thw opposite?
All the way on should mean 12v (approx). Dial down from there to get your sweet spot. I have a VK so I can see the exact voltage. If I'm incorrect, someone with a dimmer please chime in.

Philreal187

@subway13029 I found the dimmer at full to be less than straight from wall wart to dog.

The dimmer wasn't able to get my dog up to the right temp, and straight from the wall was a bit too hot...

My sweet spot was wall wart, an extension (that comes with the dimmer) straight to the dog.

I guess the extension is just enough to tame my dog to exactly where I love it!!

I hope that was helpful and not just confusing and painful!

NickDlow

Log Hog
And is 12v what the underdog is just plugged in straight? With it plugged in straight i will combust right off the rip..im a log virgin..very experience vaper but popping my log cherry here..thanks for any help.

Yea, @Madcap79 and @Philreal187 has got ya covered. Dimmer all the way open(on) should be the same or close to the same as it plugged with no dimmer.

IMO though, you shouldn't be combusting off the rip. Try adjusting load size an distance from the log. Using logs has many variables but once you find your way, it's the best damn vaping around!

Enjoy experimenting :science:

subway13029

I inserted one of long glass stems into my bubbler and set the screen about almost an invh back and it charred as soon as i set the dog on it..so no combustion but i fear that if i left it on then it would have but maybe thats how it is with one hit extraction..i tried with the longer nylon stem as i dont have a nong or gong yet and it is much amaller load and im guessibg u cant move it or maybe you can but it charred almost instantly too..should i draw super fast?ill get the hang just few things but im sure i need a nong..

NickDlow

Log Hog
I inserted one of long glass stems into my bubbler and set the screen about almost an invh back and it charred as soon as i set the dog on it..so no combustion but i fear that if i left it on then it would have but maybe thats how it is with one hit extraction..i tried with the longer nylon stem as i dont have a nong or gong yet and it is much amaller load and im guessibg u cant move it or maybe you can but it charred almost instantly too..should i draw super fast?ill get the hang just few things but im sure i need a nong..

The nylon pieces with the small SS tips are designed to concentrate the heat for exactly what you described. It goes in the ID of the core vs the glass which goes around the OD allowing more air for a cooler hit with more flavor.

If you were to combust then it would most likely be with the nylon stems so be careful.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

Hi subway,

What you're describing isn't uncommon with newer Dogs since we've boosted the heat output right to the limit. The dimmer turned all the way on will be close to or a little lower temp than the wall-wart alone. You should be able to drop your temps to a more tame level by adjusting it down a slight bit. Alternatively Underdogette can send you a longer extension cord if you prefer, just send her a message. :tup:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I advised a friend on selecting a weekend vape & he is a cabinet maker so offered to make me up a couple of vape stations. He delivered my vision perfectly right down to the caddy to hold my UD plugged in & warm. Six x 18mm slots on the left & six x 14mm slots on the right suit me just fine.

This is in New Guenia Rosewood but I have to finish the wood to really bring out the beauty. Certainly keeps things uncluttered.

uIMX624.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I advised a friend on selecting a weekend vape & he is a cabinet maker so offered to make me up a couple of vape stations. He delivered my vision perfectly right down to the caddy to hold my UD plugged in & warm. Six x 18mm slots on the left & six x 14mm slots on the right suit me just fine.

This is in New Guenia Rosewood but I have to finish the wood to really bring out the beauty. Certainly keeps things uncluttered.

uIMX624.jpg
That's a mighty fine vape station, you've got a very good friend! :rockon:

shredder

The nylon pieces with the small SS tips are designed to concentrate the heat for exactly what you described. It goes in the ID of the core vs the glass which goes around the OD allowing more air for a cooler hit with more flavor.

If you were to combust then it would most likely be with the nylon stems so be careful.

I'm happy to have and use a vvps. The buck boost unit underdog sells on their web site works very well. I've even ordered and am waiting on a voltage keeper for even more easy adjustments on the fly.

You can really dial in near perfect heat for each style of stem or gong and your herb. I guess that adjustability is really important to me. And it helps to practice a lot, lol.

NickDlow

Log Hog
I'm happy to have and use a vvps. The buck boost unit underdog sells on their web site works very well. I've even ordered and am waiting on a voltage keeper for even more easy adjustments on the fly.

You can really dial in near perfect heat for each style of stem or gong and your herb. I guess that adjustability is really important to me. And it helps to practice a lot, lol.

Agreed! Every dog I have is connected to a VK. Complete precise control at your finger tips is the way to go for sure

Top Bottom