Underdog Log Vapes

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I have been liking my UD set up for curly Dee. :) Found a setup that works real well with it.

Stereo Matrix
The Stereo has an extention I added with a 45 degree and a 7 in downstem. I can sit at my desk and watch the vapor pass through the whole setup without lurching over my glass piece.

Standard Pyrex Claisen with a carb in the second input. Great with the Stereo because that has no recycler function.

My Gooseneck adapter hose is hooked to my 18mm-14mm adapter which sits on the 14mm Nong.

The Stereo pulls all the cloud it can and the thicker vapor gets stored in the water piece and gets even thicker during the draw session.:brow: Once the carb is released, you get whiplash.:lol:
Also you can coax fumes out of whats left with the stereo too. It might be a good water combo for micro doses.

I like having a dimmer off and the transformer plugged in when I'm close to home. Then turn the dimmer on. It seems to heat up quicker than if I unplugged the transformer. I'll try to notice it more and pass that on once confirmed.

The EQ still gets used and vapes my teas. Haven't set it in the closet or sold it. It still is good for unrestricted sessions. I power it up with my Curly every time. True, the UD is getting the most use. But they both contrast and complement each other well enough. Could see how others could give up on their desktops after getting positive results with the UD.:nod:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
It's that time of year! When Underdog gets to work processing all the harvested wood from Winter. This year, I spent some time stalking him with the camera, so we could give you a peek into what it's like to turn trees into vape wood. :)

Since a few people have asked:

> Yes the chainsaw is electric and it's awesome!

> The bark is removed so I can check for nails, embedded fencing, etc and because it frequently has rocks, sand and other grit stuck in it.. all of which is hell on expensive band saw blades. Its looseness also gives me a very rough idea of how well it's dried to that point.

> The wood being cut in the video is valley oak (a type of white oak) that we've been aging a year or two.

> No I haven't cut off any thumbs yet. The saw blades are (a bit) farther from my fingers than the video makes it look. :tup:

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have been using organic hemp fiber in my thick glass stem & it is trickier to use than I thought. Such a fine line between too much & too little for draw restriction & I don't bother in the NonG joints but it does a hell of a job filtering particulates.

Once there is enough restriction to need changing I torch the stem between the hemp & screen & then use the UD dowel to push it out. Gets it 90% clean & I just vaped the puck of hemp. It is 12.15pm & I am so fucked I can barely type. All I wanted to do was clean my stem & go about my day but now everything gets put off til tomorrow.

@underdog when I have people over & they use the UD I will now be making them watch both manufacturing vids on YouTube before they use it & gain a appreciation for the labour that goes into each & every UD.

underdog

Manufacturer
I just picked up a used underdog and cant seem to get it to produce vapor i'm not sure what im doing wrong. Anyone have any tips they can give?

The UD system is really pretty simple, if it's not giving decent vapor then you have a problem with the power supply, the vape itself or the material being used.

When troubleshooting we usually recommend trying different material since some types and strains don't produce much vapor compared to others. After that we recommend trying a different power supply, any 12v power supply capable of at least 650ma of power output will suffice. Lastly you can always send it in for a (free) checkup so we can tell you if there's a problem with the vape. :2c:

Roaster

The UD system is really pretty simple, if it's not giving decent vapor then you have a problem with the power supply, the vape itself or the material being used.

When troubleshooting we usually recommend trying different material since some types and strains don't produce much vapor compared to others. After that we recommend trying a different power supply, any 12v power supply capable of at least 650ma of power output will suffice. Lastly you can always send it in for a (free) checkup so we can tell you if there's a problem with the vape. :2c:
Well I have it plugged into a different 12v 1000ma power supply and it's warming up right now. How important are the screens? The guy I bought it from sent me larger screens so I had to fold one up to make it fit in the ss tip.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

good to know.:nod:What if you bought it used and had probs? (standard core) I presume you do repairs.

@Roaster what are you using with the UD? How long are you leaving the UD plugged in? Do you know what core it is?

I've had the best results with my 14mm Nong. Seems to be a better meshed screen. Less materials for the core to heat up gets the best results, But of course YMMV.

underdog

Manufacturer
Well I have it plugged into a different 12v 1000ma power supply and it's warming up right now. How important are three screens the guy I bought it from sent me larger screens so I had to fold one up to make it fit in the ss tip.

Not too important from a performance standpoint so probably not a concern. Let us know if the different power supply changes things, if not then the problem might be the Dog itself.

good to know.:nod:What if you bought it used and had probs? (standard core) I presume you do repairs.

@Roaster what are you using with the UD? How long are you leaving the UD plugged in? Do you know what core it is?

I've had the best results with my 14mm Nong. Seems to be a better meshed screen. Less materials for the core to heat up gets the best results, But of course YMMV.

Yes we do repairs and the warranty follows the vape so it doesn't matter (to us) if it's used or whether you're the original owner or the 20th owner. If a Dog is out of warranty and needs repairs we can do those too for a small charge (varies depending on what work is needed). :peace:

underdog

Manufacturer
Just tried after waiting around 30 mins on my first hit I got a little vapor but wasn't able to get anything after that? The device feels hot so idk?

Your same strain produces normal amounts of vapor with a different vape? Do you have a different strain to try with the Dog?

If we rule out the strain and the power supply all that's left is the Dog. If you send a message to Underdogette she can give you instructions for sending it in for a checkup.

Roaster

Your same strain produces normal amounts of vapor with a different vape? Do you have a different strain to try with the Dog?

If we rule out the strain and the power supply all that's left is the Dog. If you send a message to Underdogette she can give you instructions for sending it in for a checkup.
Yes this strain produces fine vapor in my firewood. I do not have any other strains to try it with. But i find it weird that I can get some vapor on the first hit but nothing after...

underdog

Manufacturer
Yes this strain produces fine vapor in my firewood. I do not have any other strains to try it with. But i find it weird that I can get some vapor on the first hit but nothing after...

That would be the case if your vape is running a little too cool which seems to be where the signs are pointing us unfortunately. :\

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Happy Saturday everyone! Just wanted to introduce this nifty little formed screen insertion tool. It's a definite help in getting those formed screens inserted with less chance of tipping or deforming, and also to the right default depth.

http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/insertion-tool

Formed_Screen_Insert_Tool-900x900.jpg

darkrom

Great Scott!
Happy Saturday everyone! Just wanted to introduce this nifty little formed screen insertion tool. It's a definite help in getting those formed screens inserted with less chance of tipping or deforming, and also to the right default depth.

Done. Ordering soon. Haha. Sending a mini and the jester out soon for a tune up on the mini, and a friend managed to loosen the core way too much on my jester. I'll just wait to buy it when I get those out to you guys.

Ripping my Möbius right now with the curly black locust twig :)

CuckFumbustion

Had Curly Dee warming up all night. Used it and got very consistent but tan ABV. :suspicious:
Then checked my dimmer switch and it was on at only 9/10 the of the way. :doh:
Well looks like I have a second heat setting and can tame my dog or go back to 100% and making ABV gunpowder. :D

Nice.:) I'm guessing that is also Nylon like the Nongs? Have you considered a wooden version? They could be lathed much like the UD.

Last edited:

peaceonearth

high since 1968
Well I see I have a bunch of catching up to do on this thread, need more time in the damn day! Still loving my dog, more than ever in fact. Love the way it brings out the flavor of whatever I give it, produces awesome clouds and extracts all the goodness. Looks and feels so nice and always ready on. Definitely my vape of choice when at home. :tup:

And a big thank you to @Ed's TnT for these beautiful stems! :luv: First one was custom. I had just asked for a wood equivalent to the nylon stem and wasn’t expecting this work of art. It’s even tapered to work as a wong which was an unexpected bonus. Love the design with the 3 stripes, and the curviness just makes me want to keep on keepin' on holding it. Plus I could swear it makes things even tastier. It’s my magic wand.

uZ0Ebab.jpg

ZzHbslp.jpg

6ViUsLl.jpg

And this is one of Ed’s enano stems but it works perfectly with Underdog - fits on the outside of the aircore heater just like the glass UD stem.

PiG4WhC.jpg

Good Vaping
:peace:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@peaceonearth Holy smokes or vapor lol, those stems look really nice in the pics paired with the UD what a great combo! Thanks for letting me know what happened to those pieces, glad you are enjoying them!

Big props out to @underdog and @underdogette for all they do, keep it up y'all best wishes, headed you guys way close, be in New Mexico Nevada this week, big road trip planned!

Top Bottom