Underdog Log Vapes

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Sorry for your super shitty day @Aimless Ryan. Broken leg, and... a catheter? Yeah, terrible day bro. Try not to stress out too much about what a random idiot decided to shoot his mouth off about, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about. I doubt anything will come of it but on the off chance you get an unfriendly knock on your door, I doubt they will be interested in confiscating your aromatherapy device. Get well!

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Not just broken but broken into two pieces. I have a pin in there as of earlier today. When it happened, I was just doing something in the kitchen sink. While standing there, my legs began to slide apart, like I was doing splits. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor with a leg that dangles from above the knee. Don't do that. You don't ever want to see your leg like that, or use your arms try to crawl to your walker, where your phone is.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Dayummmm @Aimless Ryan :(. Fuck that Narco Paramedic but hopefully nothing more comes from this. On the positive side at least they use lightweight composites rather than plaster so you can stay a lot cleaner without risk. Hopefully you have some people nearby that can help with errands & other challenging/uncomfortable things that may need doing.

Fingers crossed you come home to everything as you left it

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Pretty fucking sad that you can't trust people to do their job and mind their own fucking business. In a state where it would have been legalized if the state wasn't full of selfish [non-medical] asshole stoners who voted no because they had nothing to gain personally by voting yes.
Really rough hearing what you went through @Aimless Ryan. Hopefully, you are right about paramedic overstepping his profession and the search being conducted on questionable grounds. The grounds for the search unfounded and inadmissible. I'll remain optimistic that they will recognize the overstepping that occurred on their end and no meth lab. I would find out if there has been more than one occurrence of this type of incident and how the police handled it then.

And you are still in the hospital sorting this mess out created by a meddling paramedic. :( Well keep in good spirits and get well soon. Fingers crossed when you get home. :peace:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Yeah for real, gotta send mad love to @Aimless Ryan, positive vibes aimed with pinpoint precision are coiming your way bro!

Forget that random snouty medic - his word is clearly shit & it is not what they are there to do anyway. Put that out of your head & concentrate on getting well - personally, I think your lovely pod Dog & your AM will be just fine.

PeaceLovePositivity from your F.C. fam.

:peace:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@Aimless Ryan - damn man, really sorry to hear about your leg and the shit with the EMT is just that, 'shit'. Please let us know if anything comes of his threat so we can help and/or stand with you however we can. Hope your leg heals as fast as such things can and that you have some better luck going forward!

I know this has been asked, I just can't seem to find the information. What's the minimum size wood blank you'd need for a custom dog?

It depends a bit on the species but generally speaking we like to start with something a bit larger but 2" x 2" by 4" is about our 'real' minimum for best results. :peace:

Aimless Ryan

@Aimless Ryan
Positive vibes sent brother. Please keep us up to date with what's going on, if you can.

Thanks.

Still in the hospital. It seems like they want me to stick around for several more days, followed perhaps by another several days of physical therapy before going home. I worked shortly with a physical therapist today. Someone else came to my room later to do similar stuff. Not sure if he was also a physical therapist. Both of them seemed pleased with my progress.

Lots of pain. Lots of painkillers.

The doctor (surgeon?) showed up to my room today when I was sitting on the side of my bed, with my feet on the floor. He was pleased, as he apparently expected me to be stuck lying immobile in the bed. I haven't been more than a couple feet from the bed because I can't walk or put any weight on the broken leg, and there's no wheelchair or crutches in my room. I think the doctor said my femur was in several pieces before surgery. He said I won't be able to drive for a few months.

It's really hard for me to move either of my legs, so rolling around in bed is very difficult and painful. Even though my right leg/knee hurts a ton, thankfully the knee doesn't seem to be seriously injured.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was my first cannabis-free day in probably at least a year. Thankfully I haven't experienced much MS spasticity since I've been off weed. Must be the morphine, dilaudid, and Percocet.

CuckFumbustion

Yesterday (Wednesday) was my first cannabis-free day in probably at least a year. Thankfully I haven't experienced much MS spasticity since I've been off weed. Must be the morphine, dilaudid, and Percocet.
@Aimless Ryan So, If things go well perhaps 2 weeks? I had a much smaller injury that required a physical therapist. Dislocated shoulder that popped out backpacking. Fell on some hard rock. Drove home for 4 hours cursing out the pain. Finally went to the emergency room a day later where 3 female doctors had to help me pop it into place. Good times. :haw:

Then the weeks of physical therapy. I had to remember not to get too confident and do the exercises slow and steady when I first started to get better. So not to relapse and go backwards. It did teach me how to strengthen my undamaged muscles and nerves, So any injured portion would do less work initially in just getting through my day. Then give it the balance of work and rest to bring things back to health.

Probably harder to gauge with the meds you are on for the pain and the breaks. Was unaware of your MS condition. So the MJ normally helps with the spasms? Makes sense, but I'm no doctor. Well thanks for telling us how things are coming along. We will keep things up and positive here.:tup: Laughter also being a good medicine.
It depends a bit on the species but generally speaking we like to start with something a bit larger but 2" x 2" by 4" is about our 'real' minimum for best results. :peace:
Terrific! I did see the video of the lathe in action and the more recent pics. Did think about getting a log of locally grown foodsafe wood. Local art pride piece or something. US state trees as one example.

The tiny 5 pack of screens and the tube and dowel are getting some use. Improved my screen change out technique and have the used ones soaking in my ISO jar.
My Pyrex claisen with the carb plug and the Glass Warhammer have been making champagne quality vapor with the 'chew-toy' wand I made. :p

Last day of the sale at UD aroma for the end of the month.:cool:Good time to re-up, if anything.:2c: & :peace:

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Finally went to the emergency room a day later where 3 female doctors had to help me pop it into place. Good times. :haw:

I had two ladies/nurses remove a catheter from my dick earlier. Can't remember it being inserted. I must have been knocked out or really drugged when it was inserted.

So the MJ normally helps with the spasms? Makes sense, but I'm no doctor.

Yeah, especially since I've had my Underdog. My decreased feeling and control in/of my legs is what made my feet/legs begin to slide apart. Seems like I should have been able to catch myself by grabbing the counter. I don't remember even reaching for a counter.

CuckFumbustion

I had two ladies/nurses remove a catheter from my dick earlier. Can't remember it being inserted. I must have been knocked out or really drugged when it was inserted.
Yeah, especially since I've had my Underdog. My decreased feeling and control in/of my legs is what made my feet/legs begin to slide apart. Seems like I should have been able to catch myself by grabbing the counter. I don't remember even reaching for a counter.
Well that's taking the good with the bad. You are on the mend as can be expected. Glad the spasms are at least under control while you trying to rest. :nod: That will speed your recovery.

Getting to know Curly D more and have the least kit but most options put together. put some silicone tubing over the glass for grip and to prevent it from rolling around. I have a small ring around the business end to remind me where the screen should be pushed too. Have double walled silicone near the business end of the chew toy. It narrow s the restriction around the ring of air going in somewhat more. But the UD I have seems to have no throat to begin with. Is it safe for the heater?

Last edited:

medically420

Hey everyone, so i got my batteries and powerbank in the mail for the UD. Unfortunately..the batteries don't fit.
I ordered these 4 piece 18650 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-Rec...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

And this is what everyone on the UD forum recommended. same thing but 6 piece batteries. but actually...
http://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-340...107_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0D9GTATXVD66ZVXA4SFF

It seems as though they are actually different aside from quantity. didn't think 18650 and 18650B made such a huge difference.
They don't fit into the battery pack. now im left with $25 useless batteries ill never use.

also, the powerbank is in no way user friendly. it took about 10 minutes and a couple deep permanent scratches to open up the battery door.

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Batte...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

EDIT: $7 will be deducted from my refund for returning it. oh joy.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey everyone, so i got my batteries and powerbank in the mail for the UD. Unfortunately..the batteries don't fit.
I ordered these 4 piece 18650 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-Rec...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

And this is what everyone on the UD forum recommended. same thing but 6 piece batteries. but actually...
http://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-340...107_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0D9GTATXVD66ZVXA4SFF

It seems as though they are actually different aside from quantity. didn't think 18650 and 18650B made such a huge difference.
They don't fit into the battery pack. now im left with $25 useless batteries ill never use.

also, the powerbank is in no way user friendly. it took about 10 minutes and a couple deep permanent scratches to open up the battery door.

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Batte...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

EDIT: $7 will be deducted from my refund for returning it. oh joy.

Man that sucks and is really weird.. I just installed 6 of those 'B' batteries into that exact battery pack today with zero problems with fit or anything else. The back of the case was a pain though until I tried the (thumbnail) suggestion in the instructions.

Can you explain better or show a pic of how the batteries don't fit in your case?

medically420

Man that sucks and is really weird.. I just installed 6 of those 'B' batteries into that exact battery pack today with zero problems with fit or anything else. The back of the case was a pain though until I tried the (thumbnail) suggestion in the instructions.

Can you explain better or show a pic of how the batteries don't fit in your case?

Yeah no matter how hard I try force them in, there is no way these are compatible with the battery pack. I'm not sure how to explain it better, but it's kind of like trying to fit in AA batteries in a AAA slot. It's just not going to happen.

I looked at both pages for the longest time before ordering on amazon mobile, but i guess that "B" makes all the difference. I guess I'm just gonna have to shell out another $35 for the batteries. such a bummer, i was totally looking forward to using it this weekend.

underdog

Manufacturer
Yeah no matter how hard I try force them in, there is no way these are compatible with the battery pack. I'm not sure how to explain it better, but it's kind of like trying to fit in AA batteries in a AAA slot. It's just not going to happen.

I looked at both pages for the longest time before ordering on amazon mobile, but i guess that "B" makes all the difference. I guess I'm just gonna have to shell out another $35 for the batteries. such a bummer, i was totally looking forward to using it this weekend.

We must be missing something, like I said I just installed a new set of Bs into that pack today.. I ordered the same ones from your links (link 2, six pack) and the battery pack (link 3) two days ago and installed/charged them today. My batteries are labeled Bs and fit fine so either mine are mislabeled and I got the wrong ones or you did. Can you tell me what the actual seller on Amazon was? You might have got some knock-offs or non-flattops or something.

Here's a picture of mine that I installed today, took the picture just now:

9fy6bk.jpg

medically420

We must be missing something, like I said I just installed a new set of Bs into that pack today.. I ordered the same ones from your links (link 2, six pack) and the battery pack (link 3) two days ago and installed/charged them today. My batteries are labeled Bs and fit fine so either mine are mislabeled and I got the wrong ones or you did. Can you tell me what the actual seller on Amazon was? You might have got some knock-offs or non-flattops or something.

Here's a picture of mine that I installed today, took the picture just now:

9fy6bk.jpg

NCR18650B 3.7 Volt 18650 3400 mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Panasonic [4pcs] by Panasonic

Sorry I don't know how to lower the font size. The link above is what i ordered. 4 piece 18650B actually, you're right they are the same.

zJQHbck.jpg

it seems as though my battery on the top(+) has a bulge. Does yours have that? it seems thats what is preventing it from fitting in. should i also take off the plastic off of each of these batteries?

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
No worries on the font size thing.

That looks like a 18650B Protected cell with the bubble-top. It's the same battery with the addition of a protection circuit added which is what the bulge is. The ad on Amazon indicated unprotected batteries (ie, flat tops) so they sent you the wrong thing. If I were you I'd inform them they sent you the wrong product and insist they replace them with the proper (advertised) ones.. and at their expense (shipping, etc). :2c:

medically420

No worries on the font size thing.

That looks like a 18650B Protected cell with the bubble-top. It's the same battery with the addition of a protection circuit added which is what the bulge is. The ad on Amazon indicated unprotected batteries (ie, flat tops) so they sent you the wrong thing. If I were you I'd inform them they sent you the wrong product and insist they replace them with the proper (advertised) ones.. and at their expense (shipping, etc). :2c:
Yeah I was definitely thinking that too. I tried it again, forced them into the battery pack, but its slightly bending the battery pack outward. I don't think it's safe, so I'll make sure to have them send the right ones.

Thanks for staying up this late to help me configure the problem! I really appreciate the help

EDIT: I just had to forcefully take them all out of the battery pack...i think they're all damaged now. i don't think i can return these as damaged. sigh.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Yeah I was definitely thinking that too. I tried it again, forced them into the battery pack, but its slightly bending the battery pack outward. I don't think it's safe, so I'll make sure to have them send the right ones.

Thanks for staying up this late to help me configure the problem! I really appreciate the help

EDIT: I just had to forcefully take them all out of the battery pack...i think they're all damaged now. sigh.

Glad I was up and around to help solve the battery mystery.

You may be able to find a tutorial on the web on how to take the protection circuit off. It's usually just stuck on there with shrink wrap and/or very light adhesive. At least in the small amount of ones I've encountered. :2c:

medically420

Glad I was up and around to help solve the battery mystery.

You may be able to find a tutorial on the web on how to take the protection circuit off. It's usually just stuck on there with shrink wrap and/or very light adhesive. At least in the small amount of ones I've encountered. :2c:
Just took a look a the tutorial. It's quite extensive, so I'm just going to try my luck and return them. Hopefully they take these batteries back.

CuckFumbustion

Just took a look a the tutorial. It's quite extensive, so I'm just going to try my luck and return them. Hopefully they take these batteries back.
I would examine the size of the case also as piece of mind. :2c: Can a normal AA fit in it? Might be a tight fit normally. Read in the reviews about trouble getting the cover off. If you can't send back, the chipset might be good for a project? :shrug:You can step in 0.5V. from what I gathered.
Probably a good call..

Lame they sent you the wrong ones though.
Lame if the QC was also bad with the power unit. I think about that from anything of foreign origin.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Off-topic but requested:

A couple friends stopped by my hospital room today. One brought me a little tripod for iPhone that I can use to help make more Underdog videos (and eventually pizzamaking videos). I've made all my videos so far by leaning my phone against a Santa Cruz Shredder.

EkDTXML.jpg

I still hurt like hell, but I think I made noticeable improvement today in my ability to get off the bed onto a wheelchair.

Anytime I've tried to go a full day without weed over the last couple years, I've inevitably reached a point late at night when spasticity kicks in and I have to use some. Tonight is my third night in the hospital. I haven't used any weed since Wednesday(?), with today being Saturday. Surprisingly I haven't had any dire need for weed yet (from spasticity).

Top Bottom