Underdog Log Vapes

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I just tried it by placing my dog with the bottom down between hits, like most people probably do. Doing that is really difficult for me; difficult enough to decrease my enjoyment significantly. I don't want to damage my dog in any way, but she's infinitely easier for me to use when I keep her upside down during use. I'll find something soft to use as a landing area.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I just tried it by placing my dog with the bottom down between hits, like most people probably do. Doing that is really difficult for me; difficult enough to decrease my enjoyment significantly. I don't want to damage my dog in any way, but she's infinitely easier for me to use when I keep her upside down during use. I'll find something soft to use as a landing area.
You'll find your rhythm; I normally grab from the upper mid section and place two fingers on my dog and when its upside down I loosen the grip it back flips to proper position. Your pod does look a bit wider than my dogs though. So it may not be comfortable, along with the holes.

There really isn't an issue with setting it down like that after a hit its just not recommend to leave it in that position for a prolonged time. The leather bottom is pretty soft.. In a hard way.

I really like the style of your videos, I laughed very nicely when you didn't take out the stem; too many of my friends ignore me when I say in the beginning water pressure will blow the load so pull to clear like a bong hit. They are always so sad they wasted the bowl and even try to salvage it. Since its always small loads I laugh it off and load another.

Last edited:

medically420

Nice, glad you're enjoying your Pup so far. 11v sounds like a good point on the VVPS, that's about where I run mine with the current Dogs.

As far as battery packs go this one has been recommended.. it's the replacement to the 4 battery model many of us have been using for the past year or two but this one holds 5 batteries. The voltage is variable in .5v increments from 5v to 13v so basically perfect for a Dog. :cool:

::edit:: An actual link would help I suppose... - http://www.amazon.com/185-TY-Monito...1G4IOK70PHS8Y&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

::edit #2:: And the battery pack shown above should come with the needed cables.. basically one for charging and one to connect the battery to the Dog. We suggest using your regular extension cord with the battery pack as well so as to protect the battery pack cord from flex fatigue. :peace:

wow! I'm so glad I found this post for the battery packs + batteries. However, what are the cost of the batteries? I"m kind of scared to order the wrong brand, since I hear about batteries exploding. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for those?

Also, do I need to fill up the battery pack with 5 batteries to make it work properly? I'd probably only need them for 1 hour of charges at a time. Considering it takes 5 to keep it running for 2 hour, I'm guessing I only really need 3?

Last edited:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
::edited to add::

A quick reminder - we'll be letting the 420 sale run thru the weekend (end of the month) and our next planned sale isn't until we ramp up to our Birthday Sale in the fall (Sept). If you want to get a Dog or accessories at a discounted rate before Sept then now is the time. :peace:

We recommend not standing your Dog upside down for any length of time because it's meant to vent excess heat out the top and being upside down traps the heat in the normally cool running base of the vape. Over time this can put undue stress (heat) on the plug and wiring.

In the short term the biggest concern is that by being placed upside down you're exposing the table or whatever surface you're putting it on to potentially damaging levels of radiated heat. If you're going to use your Dog like that during a session (store it upright between sessions if possible) then make sure you put it on a surface that the heat can't damage. :2c:

wow! I'm so glad I found this post for the battery packs + batteries. However, what are the cost of the batteries? I"m kind of scared to order the wrong brand, since I hear about batteries exploding. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for those?

Also, do I need to fill up the battery pack with 5 batteries to make it work properly? I'd probably only need them for 1 hour of charges at a time. Considering it takes 5 to keep it running for 2 hour, I'm guessing I only really need 3?

We recommend using genuine Panasonic batteries, they aren't the cheapest but they are of good quality, have good capacity and made to consistent/safe (by lithium battery) standards. I think this combo makes them the best value if not the best price.

http://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-340...107_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0D9GTATXVD66ZVXA4SFF

shredder

Just to add to underdog's post.

I bought the 5 battery pack from amazon. $54 with six Panasonic batteries.

First I charged it up, and it took 5 hours. Since then I've used it 8 times. Mostly with my mini dog, in short half hour sessions. But a couple time with my bigger dog as well.

Anyway it works awesome. And I'm still at 77% battery life.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Only had Curly Dog 5 days and already on the accelerated path. But still fuzzy on a few things.
Just to add to underdog's post.

I bought the 5 battery pack from amazon. $54 with six Panasonic batteries.

First I charged it up, and it took 5 hours. Since then I've used it 8 times. Mostly with my mini dog, in short half hour sessions. But a couple time with my bigger dog as well.

Anyway it works awesome. And I'm still at 77% battery life.
Terrific! Looking for an outdoor power setup. What type of charger are you using?
Since my After Aimless series of videos has mostly been about getting high so far, I think I may change the name to The Lone Stoner.

After Aimless 10: Wet Underdog Vape With Long GonG Stem

Sometimes things that suck while they're happening can be pretty funny a few minutes later.

@Aimless Ryan, I have been trying make things more fumble free with my UD. :D Been knocking stuff over multitasking at the lab and always looking to make my setup easier to swing my self around at my desk. Your videos and open ponderings on the subject have help me with sorting some of that out. Did a lot of streamlining with my setup then method with the EQ and doing that all over again with all the options I now have with the UD. Your second take vid on the UD was the most informative to me as new user like me and helped with the transition from newb to intermediate class. Your first vids helped me to decide to buy a UD. :clap:

Agree with the bulk of the post below.:nod: The D020-D has a large matrix perc compared to its base volume. Anything that helps with opening air restriction is a good candidate.

No need for preheating slugger although I tend to let mine heatsoak for 5 seconds or so. A hot to trot UD is pretty much slip UD over NonG & start drawing immediately so that would be a 3 second heatsoak :lol:.

@Aimless Ryan a faster draw speed will provide cooler vapour as more air is moving over the heat source for less time. A small whip may help lengthen the vapour path to cool things off a bit :shrug: ? As for glass I would suggest something that has a low center of gravity & a larger base for stabilityThe FC UFO is popular round here as they are reasonably cheap, stable & you can swap out the mouthpiece for a whip or get a straight tube under 10" to keep things simple & avoid a beaker if worries about durability. The other option would be to visit some head shops & pay extra but be satisfied that the piece you get is right for your application.

other_979872059_00.jpg

hi1tJOw.jpg
@Stevenski Well I took that SS tip and found some silicone hose to go over half of it. Another larger hose strip over that and wet that and squeezed it into a 19mm wand. So the SS tip goes into the ring and the glass rim on the outside.:nod: The socket side of the 19mm goes into the water tool or whip hose, what have you. :science:

Curly D just got her first chew toy.:luv: Ill get around to pics at some point. But thought the idea was worth passing on. Inner SS and outer glass layer for the UD's ring of heat. Being the idea. A wand with an SS Inner and outer being the next progression...:peace:

Found 2 silicone adapter plugs that add a few options to the wands I purchased from UD direct. Despite all that, I made my own barrel screens and fitted them in a few other 19mm wands I own already. The 5 pack of screens come with a tube and dowel and I have an art pencil that works as a dowel for the 19mm wands.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Cuckfumkbustion, the battery pack doubles as a charger. No extra chargers needed.
Terrific, what model is it? Sorry Trying to find the original post where you mentioned it. Or any suggestions on the subject you would like to add. Since I'm going wide on the subject of portable power options. TX!

My aim? Idealy a rugged lightweight pack-charger setup where the batteries come out when not in use. So, I don't drain the batteries while it is idle. A big prob with me with other electrical/electronic devices of any type.:bang:,:rip:,:worms:

I like that the UD is all about PWR to the core. No power drain if it is unplugged from the source. So I'm working out the problems of power drain from the battery aspect to bring both together with some heat shield options.:science:

Ok, the glass tip of the Chew-toy wand stays warm for awhile after heating with Curly D.:nod: Perhaps has some play with restriction too? The Chew-toy wands outer and inner wand help a little with placement upside down. The whole glass wand can be partially preheated, if desired. :rockon:More insulation options perhaps?

I have a gentler way of filling and emptying the SS tip. The second UD screen I put in the Chew-toy wand keeps the materials closer to the core. Plus I'm less likly to push out a screen with brute force.:tup: Go get em Curly D!

Not advising this, Just 'splanin m'kay?:haw: But I use my Medium sized 4pc SCS as a counterweight on top of the UD when it is Upside down. Same diameter, I figure. My SCS already has a piece of Duct tape on the bottom to keep it from sliding on my desk. If this is anyway unadvised, Pipe in please. Just trying to free up a hand while keeping the UD at near 90 degrees.

shredder

Here is the battery pack/charger that Underdog recommended, and that I bought. Along with six Panasonic 18650 batteries. It was difficult to open the battery door, and it took a long time to fully charge, 5 hours from 35%, but other than that it works great. It's adjustable in 1/2 volt increments. I run my dogs at 12 and 11 volts. The dogs seem to work just like they do with the buck boost as a power supply.

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Batte...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

KnotKnox

We recommend not standing your Dog upside down for any length of time because it's meant to vent excess heat out the top and being upside down traps the heat in the normally cool running base of the vape. Over time this can put undue stress (heat) on the plug and wiring.
What if the bottom isn't blocked off, but it's still upside down?

KnotKnox

Probably not as bad but still not ideal since hot escaping air will still surround and travel over the wiring and plug.

My UD cools when it's upside down? When I leave my UD upside down mated to an 18mm NonG and D020-D for a brief period the temperature goes from 445 to 400. When I turn it right side up the temperature goes back to 445. I'm using an infrared thermometer and I know they aren't the best, but it's giving me consistent results and you said it can still provide a ballpark estimate. I always measure the same spot, but the overall temperature inside dropped too. It's dark inside my UD when I measure, don't know if that affects anything. I've flipped it and measured the temperature about 10 times now.

I don't mean to come across as "No, you're wrong!" just curious about the temperature thing and hoping we can find Ryan a solution like leaving his UD mated to a stem and (stable) bubbler.

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
My UD cools when it's upside down? When I leave my UD upside down mated to an 18mm NonG and D020-D for a brief period the temperature goes from 445 to 400. When I turn it right side up the temperature goes back to 445. I'm using an infrared thermometer and I know they aren't the best, but it's giving me consistent results and you said it can still provide a ballpark estimate. I always measure the same spot, but the overall temperature inside dropped too. It's dark inside when I measure, don't know if that affects anything. I've flipped it and measured the temperature about 10 times now.

I don't mean to come across as "No, you're wrong!" just curious about the temperature thing and hoping we can find Ryan a solution like leaving his UD mated to a stem and (stable) bubbler.
Heat rises? The UD just has a hot rod in there. So when upside down the heat is being distributed to the electronics.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Is it enough to break them when the bottom is open?

It's not enough to break them regardless of whether the bottom is open or not and to be honest it won't make much difference either way. What happens is upside down the vape doesn't vent excess heat in the intended amount and that heat will slowly degrade the wiring and plug. Slowly is the keyword, we're talking maybe it reduces the lifespan by 10%.

My UD cools when it's upside down? When I leave my UD upside down mated to an 18mm NonG and D020-D for a brief period the temperature goes from 445 to 400. When I turn it right side up the temperature goes back to 445. I'm using an infrared thermometer and I know they aren't the best, but it's giving me consistent results and you said it can still provide a ballpark estimate. I always measure the same spot, but the overall temperature inside dropped too. It's dark inside my UD when I measure, don't know if that affects anything. I've flipped it and measured the temperature about 10 times now.

There's no reason this should happen and if it did it would take quite a while for the temp change to spread thru the core and body so would take a while before it showed up in measurements. I think it's more likely that we're just looking at inconsistencies in measurement somehow. IR thermometers are so hard to get good results with that I can't even guess at what the problem might be. This definitely hasn't shown up in my lab tests with wired in thermocouples and a datalogger. :2c:

medically420

Here is the battery pack/charger that Underdog recommended, and that I bought. Along with six Panasonic 18650 batteries. It was difficult to open the battery door, and it took a long time to fully charge, 5 hours from 35%, but other than that it works great. It's adjustable in 1/2 volt increments. I run my dogs at 12 and 11 volts. The dogs seem to work just like they do with the buck boost as a power supply.

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Batte...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00
I just bought the battery pack and only 4 Panasonic batteries. Honestly I'm really good with keeping my electronics charged well, so the main use for the battery pack is for the UD.

Glad there's a sale at the UD site, looking to get myself some direct draw Nylon stems. However compared to the glass, does hitting the vapor come in really hot? Nylon stem seems to be the only choice, besides the glass stems

Kind of excited for this, because honestly I don't need to shell $100+ For another portable vape. Though this might not be as portable, I'll already know that I'll have desktop quality on the go.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I broke my femur in half today. One of the EMTs said something to me about getting a search warrant for my home because he thought he saw something that looks like meth-making equipment. I don't know what he saw, but I know whatever he saw had nothing to do with meth. And if he was able to get a search warrant, it will still be an illegal search because there is nothing in my home that looks like anything to do with meth. Hopefully the judge knows something about the US Constitution.

Regardless, if they did search my home and take my vapes, I'll probably never see them again. Or all my other stuff.

Pretty fucking sad that you can't trust people to do their job and mind their own fucking business. In a state where it would have been legalized if the state wasn't full of selfish [non-medical] asshole stoners who voted no because they had nothing to gain personally by voting yes.

If he did get a search warrant, I'm never letting EMTs into my home again, even though it could very easily kill me. That's just total bullshit.

5ImJXfN.jpg

Top Bottom