• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

CurryLeafTreehugger

Great videos!

So a few days ago the o-ring broke in my underpup. Now I know how to put a new one in!

However I'm thinking it will probably just break again, because the o-ring is constantly slipping down in mine and I have to wiggle it back up into that groove, which isn't the easiest thing and is probably why the ring broke.

So here's my idea, and you can tell me why it's a dumb idea.

Why not use a longer stem, long enough to just go all the way to the bottom of the dog? Sure, you'd have to push the screen deeper into the stem, but that's what chopsticks, knitting needles, and other such accouterments are for, right? They'd only need to be about an inch longer. Wouldn't affect he nylon stem at all, just the glass ones.

Then, POOF! No more o-ring and hence no need to muck about with it.

Whaddya think?

ZC

I think if your stem reached the bottom of the tube it would cover the air inlet holes in the air core, so when you inhaled you wouldn't get any airflow? Maybe if the long stem had holes in the bottom it might work, but the airflow would still be strange.

If you're going to go through the trouble to make such a custom stem, you could do it a couple different ways. You could make a custom glass stem with an internal stop. Where there's essentially a short thicker part of the stem that goes around the heater core, and then the longer part of the stem has a smaller diameter that naturally works as a stop against the core.

An easier, flimsier way would be to sandwich your herb between two screens and basically use the second screen as a stop. It won't stand up to putting pressure on it but would probably work for normal use.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Great videos!

So a few days ago the o-ring broke in my underpup. Now I know how to put a new one in!

However I'm thinking it will probably just break again, because the o-ring is constantly slipping down in mine and I have to wiggle it back up into that groove, which isn't the easiest thing and is probably why the ring broke.

So here's my idea, and you can tell me why it's a dumb idea.

Why not use a longer stem, long enough to just go all the way to the bottom of the dog? Sure, you'd have to push the screen deeper into the stem, but that's what chopsticks, knitting needles, and other such accouterments are for, right? They'd only need to be about an inch longer. Wouldn't affect he nylon stem at all, just the glass ones.

Then, POOF! No more o-ring and hence no need to muck about with it.

Whaddya think?

Huh that's weird, I haven't ever been able to push a ring down with a stem unless it was with a significant amount of force (like 10-15lbs).. sounds like yours are moving easier than that?

No reason you couldn't try and use a stem like you're describing but like ZC pointed out below a certain depth it would interfere with the air intake holes.

Last edited:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Our Holiday Sale is now live- as well as our Holiday Vape and Mini-Dogs. :)

12295272_941212202635863_6476934213390411283_n.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
The Mini's look so good, there is one in particular that is catching my eye but I don't know what wood it is D:

I took a wild guess on Tasmanian Blackwood. I figured it was safe regardless, as they all look super awesome and I need a vape from down under to complete my world of wood :tup:

3rd from left on bottom, to the right of the red one. If anyone know what it is, I probably would scoop it regardless.

mini-dog_18478-455x525.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
If you look through the pictures on the mini-dog page it has them each individually numbered to make it easier to identify the piece you're looking for.

You're a mensch my man, unfortunately the Mini I was fancying doesn't seem to be in those individual pictures, the one I bought though looks sick! If it's already accounted for, consider yourself lucky! If not, consider me a willing customer :)

Petro

Don't know whether to get a mini or not, my indecisiveness is making me a little anxious here :uhoh:. Would be a great Christmas present to myself....but I already bought myself a Lotus for Christmas - I haven't been that good a boy this year :ninja:. Please advise!

What does everyone typically use their mini for? Gah, the VAS is a curse I tells you! :bang:

EDIT: There is a lot of UD's for sale at the moment, what a glorious time to be alive! Well done UD team, you guys must be running on all cylinders :clap:.

EDIT#2: Pulled the trigger on #19 Mini dog - Honey Locust! Plus some stems and aroma cups :).
No one else take this one please lol, I'm having trouble with my cart :shrug:....

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
To be honest I've never gotten my mini to work, but I have barely tried. I need to email them about that. Currently it sits there next to my gear and looks cool :) It'll be cool to get it functioning though. I always wonder if its because I got one with a crack down the entire side (by choice of course!).

So currently? Its a desk ornament but it looks great. What would I actually use it for once I get it tuned up? Novelty. Once in a while bust out the mini underdog to show my friends how a shotglass sized piece of wood can blow them away and milk my bubbler.

My original plan for the mini was a noble one, but it failed on every step. I got the underdog mini and that battery pack from ebay. My battery pack was DOA, 2-3 months after I bought it and finally bought batteries. My friends battery pack (same one from ebay) seems to work with my 18650s, but as soon as i plug it into the underdog itself it shuts off. I later found out the underdog mini doesn't heat up enough to vape at 14v, but those battery packs won't work even with my daily driver twig or OG kings jester. Shuts off as soon as the cable touches an underdog. Bizarre.

If I got my mini up and running, I'd probably just buy a known working vvps + 18650 combo from Dave. Then I'd strap the mini to the back of the VVPS, and have an underdog brick on the go! That was the plan anyway

underdog

Manufacturer
The Mini's look so good, there is one in particular that is catching my eye but I don't know what wood it is D:

I took a wild guess on Tasmanian Blackwood. I figured it was safe regardless, as they all look super awesome and I need a vape from down under to complete my world of wood :tup:

3rd from left on bottom, to the right of the red one. If anyone know what it is, I probably would scoop it regardless.

I think that ones just a piece of regular old Cherry actually..

To be honest I've never gotten my mini to work, but I have barely tried. I need to email them about that. Currently it sits there next to my gear and looks cool :) It'll be cool to get it functioning though. I always wonder if its because I got one with a crack down the entire side (by choice of course!).

So currently? Its a desk ornament but it looks great. What would I actually use it for once I get it tuned up? Novelty. Once in a while bust out the mini underdog to show my friends how a shotglass sized piece of wood can blow them away and milk my bubbler.

My original plan for the mini was a noble one, but it failed on every step. I got the underdog mini and that battery pack from ebay. My battery pack was DOA, 2-3 months after I bought it and finally bought batteries. My friends battery pack (same one from ebay) seems to work with my 18650s, but as soon as i plug it into the underdog itself it shuts off. I later found out the underdog mini doesn't heat up enough to vape at 14v, but those battery packs won't work even with my daily driver twig or OG kings jester. Shuts off as soon as the cable touches an underdog. Bizarre.

If I got my mini up and running, I'd probably just buy a known working vvps + 18650 combo from Dave. Then I'd strap the mini to the back of the VVPS, and have an underdog brick on the go! That was the plan anyway

Weird, I'm guessing the heating element in your mini is just out of spec on the cool side. I'll have Underdogette message you about a replacement. A cracked body won't have any effect on the performance so no worries there.

RE: your battery pack - it could be that the buck/boost board in the battery pack itself is defective and shuts off under load or it could be that you just have a bad cable that's causing a similar effect. We can help you troubleshoot if you like just send Underdogette a message.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think that ones just a piece of regular old Cherry actually..

Weird, I'm guessing the heating element in your mini is just out of spec on the cool side. I'll have Underdogette message you about a replacement. A cracked body won't have any effect on the performance so no worries there.

RE: your battery pack - it could be that the buck/boost board in the battery pack itself is defective and shuts off under load or it could be that you just have a bad cable that's causing a similar effect. We can help you troubleshoot if you like just send Underdogette a message.
Do UD's photograph well?
The accessories seem modern!

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
what's better: air core or standard?

I like the size of the mini however I believe their for existing customers?

They both have their advantages so it comes down to personal preference. We'll be pulling the Standard out of production after the holidays so I can rework the design so they won't be available much longer.

You can read way more info that you probably want on the various cores and models here on our website FAQ: http://underdogvapes.com/faq#vapemodels

Yes the Minis are for existing customers only and are novelties/toys that vape well but have a short lifespan due to their silly small size. :peace:

j-bug

Is it possible to specify two different shipping addresses for an order, or should I make separate orders for different addresses. It'd be easier on my end for tracking credit/debit purchases, but I understand there's any number of reasons why that'd be not possible on your end. I'd be willing to pay shipping to both addresses of course :)

underdog

Manufacturer
Is it possible to specify two different shipping addresses for an order, or should I make separate orders for different addresses. It'd be easier on my end for tracking credit/debit purchases, but I understand there's any number of reasons why that'd be not possible on your end. I'd be willing to pay shipping to both addresses of course :)

You'd probably have to contact Underdogette and have us invoice you manually instead of using the website checkout but otherwise we should be able to do that just fine. :tup:

j-bug

You'd probably have to contact Underdogette and have us invoice you manually instead of using the website checkout but otherwise we should be able to do that just fine. :tup:
Awesome, now just to wait for that paycheck to come in and figure out exactly which stems I want, and if it just makes sense to have it all sent out to my sister anyway.

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright Dogs all outstanding orders are now shipped and we're clearing out of the office for a couple hours, be back later.

Awesome, now just to wait for that paycheck to come in and figure out exactly which stems I want, and if it just makes sense to have it all sent out to my sister anyway.

Excellent, happy to be of service!

famineinthemind

Is combustion supposed to be possible if I try? Because I couldn't if I wanted to (which I wouldn't). Using the nylon 14mm through my bong I can get the herb black, have never come close to combustion though. But if I use direct draw, the farthest I can take my herb is gold.

I mean it still does the job, but at times I feel like I could be getting more.

Top Bottom