• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
yeap.. that's it, just found it... wasn't the biggest selling point to be honest as everyone talks about how reliable the both the UD and nano are.. :) I'm waiting for a gift card from my boss and will order the UD as soon as I get it.. I have my eyes set on the bamboo UD... 2 quick questions... can I use 2 different payment methods? Something like $150 in a visa gift card and than another $50 on my credit card? not a biggie if I can't. And the 2nd question is, what does the UDFS code usually get as far as goodies? :)

Glad to hear! Yeah, I don't believe the system will let you break up the payment.... As for goodies, it changes all the time, but we usually like to throw in a sticker and a plastic container of some sort. Sometimes something else, it just depends on what we're trying out at the moment, or what we have in stock. :)

mruj

Glad to hear! Yeah, I don't believe the system will let you break up the payment.... As for goodies, it changes all the time, but we usually like to throw in a sticker and a plastic container of some sort. Sometimes something else, it just depends on what we're trying out at the moment, or what we have in stock. :)

Sounds good! Thanks for the quick responses :)

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey there everyone.. it's the last day of Sept so that means the Birthday special ends tonight at midnight (PST) though as usual we'll probably leave it up until tomorrow mid-morning.

Anyone who's been eyeing a specific Dog and are pretty sure you're going to get it but need more time to complete your transaction please send Underdogette a message. She'll be able to take it out of stock and give you 3 days to complete things and get the Dog at the special pricing otherwise they'll go back into inventory and revert to normal pricing. :2c:

Thanks for all the support this past year, hope you're all enjoying your Dogs! :cool:

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
Hello everyone! I just got into vaporizers maybe two months ago with a cheap plastic thing, and after being (mostly..) converted from smoking, it was definitely time to upgrade haha. I picked up a beech econo-dog during the sale (price is a major factor for me) and it arrived today! :love: It's lovely and I can't wait to test it out! I have looked through this thread to the best of my ability and I have a few questions. Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit and I want to make sure I don't end up ruining this beautiful piece of craftsmanship or burning down the house haha.

I saw this dimmer and this converter mentioned in this thread for use with the econo-dogs and I wanted to confirm that these would work/be safe to use. I usually do hotter temperatures so it's not super necessary for me but it might be nice to have options for the other people in my life :) With the converter could it also then be possible to use a battery pack?

Also: since these dogs run hotter is it safe to leave them plugged in continuously? I need to medicate pretty consistently to stay on top of my chronic pain+brain. If not, no biggie, I'll just have to get in the habit of setting alerts to remind me to plug it back in every couple hours.

Hopefully all this makes sense :) Thanks in advance for any help/tips. I'm excited to be here!

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hello everyone! I just got into vaporizers maybe two months ago with a cheap plastic thing, and after being (mostly..) converted from smoking, it was definitely time to upgrade haha. I picked up a beech econo-dog during the sale (price is a major factor for me) and it arrived today! :love: It's lovely and I can't wait to test it out! I have looked through this thread to the best of my ability and I have a few questions. Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit and I want to make sure I don't end up ruining this beautiful piece of craftsmanship or burning down the house haha.

I saw this dimmer and this converter mentioned in this thread for use with the econo-dogs and I wanted to confirm that these would work/be safe to use. I usually do hotter temperatures so it's not super necessary for me but it might be nice to have options for the other people in my life :) With the converter could it also then be possible to use a battery pack?

Also: since these dogs run hotter is it safe to leave them plugged in continuously? I need to medicate pretty consistently to stay on top of my chronic pain+brain. If not, no biggie, I'll just have to get in the habit of setting alerts to remind me to plug it back in every couple hours.

Hopefully all this makes sense :) Thanks in advance for any help/tips. I'm excited to be here!
Yes, you can leave it plugged in 24/7. If you end up getting a dimmer or VVPS, you can turn the temp down in between session to help prolong the heater's life and to give you piece of mind. Welcome to the pack!:wave:

Sorry, I can't speak on the dimmer question. Ask @underdog , he can get you set up!

underdog

Manufacturer

I would wait and see if you think you'll need to lower the temp before going thru the trouble. The current Econo-Dogs aren't running quite as hot as the first couple batches, I lowered their temps a tad as too many people were struggling with combustion.

The above said I believe that converter and adapter will work for you but you'll need one more piece, an adapter to change your 2.5mm power supply tip to a 2.1mm tip to go into the converter. So it would go like this: power supply > our 2.5mm - 2.1mm adapter > converter > your 2.1mm to 2.5mm adapter > Econo-Dog. :2c:

You could in theory use your adapter/converter rig with a battery pack but you'd probably have a hard time finding a battery pack that put out the needed voltage for an Econo-Dog as most don't go nearly high enough.

Hope the above isn't too convoluted?

PS> As Madcap noted yes you can leave it plugged in 24/7 without issue, though 'dimming' it down when not in use will help prolong lifespan of the Dog.

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
Thank you both for the quick replies! After some testing, it seems that the extension cord is enough to cool it as much as I like, and without the extension it's perfectly hot :tup: And omg.. the flavor! The efficiency! It's everything I hoped it would be. Thank you for making such a wonderful creation!

underdog

Manufacturer
Thank you both for the quick replies! After some testing, it seems that the extension cord is enough to cool it as much as I like, and without the extension it's perfectly hot :tup: And omg.. the flavor! The efficiency! It's everything I hoped it would be. Thank you for making such a wonderful creation!

Awesome, thanks, glad to hear it!

Dave:

Do you guys do anymore specials during the holidays? Thanksgiving/Christmas? Around that time I'm going to look into getting one for someone special.

Yes we usually do a Holiday Special and don't see any reason we wouldn't this year as well. :tup:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Happy Hump Day! Just stoppin' in to say that we're planning to make another batch of Mini-Dogs sometime in the next month. We've been getting requests for those, so figured we'd make some more.

If you are interested in getting a Mini, we're taking roll count so that we make sure to make enough, so please contact @underdog and let him know to put you on the list, and for what kind of wood (walnut, maple, mahogany, ash, and possibly a few will be made in random exotic woods).

Thanks! :)

BrotherJoseph

Happy Hump Day! Just stoppin' in to say that we're planning to make another batch of Mini-Dogs sometime in the next month. We've been getting requests for those, so figured we'd make some more.

If you are interested in getting a Mini, we're taking roll count so that we make sure to make enough, so please contact @underdog and let him know to put you on the list, and for what kind of wood (walnut, maple, mahogany, ash, and possibly a few will be made in random exotic woods).

Thanks! :)

@underdog you can count me in on a random exotic. Can't wait to see what comes up.

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog you can count me in on a random exotic. Can't wait to see what comes up.

Cool, we'll put you down for one. :tup:

How much are they? Count me in on a random exotic lol

Will put you down for one as well, thanks. Pricing should be the same as last time, approx $60 for standard wood ones and $10-$30 more for exotics (depending on wood).

caphector

Yeah I like it too. I made an Oak set a while back with White Oak, Red Oak, Black Oak and Live Oak.. it was pretty awesome but I don't have pictures. :\

I've been considering getting samples of a bunch of different UV fluorescent woods and asking you to make a patchwork Dog out of them. I think it could be really cool to have a vape that has two or three different appearances, depending on what kind of light is hitting it.

underdog

Manufacturer
I've been considering getting samples of a bunch of different UV fluorescent woods and asking you to make a patchwork Dog out of them. I think it could be really cool to have a vape that has two or three different appearances, depending on what kind of light is hitting it.

That'd be pretty cool!

If you decide to do that get in touch when you're wood shopping so we can help make sure you're getting stuff we can use. In a piece like that grain orientation, surface finish, moisture level, etc are really important factors in the source lumber. :2c::tup:

Jokermachine

Well-Blown Member
Hope everyone's having a good weekend so far. Haven't been participating lately, just lurking. Started growing for the first time since 1978. Finally got wifey to agree. Just had to show her how much weed was costing me. Anyway, hi to everyone in Dog nation and hope everyone has a fantastic, stoner week.

haydenxxl

Agreed. One of my favorites! :cool:
I've had my chico claro walnut dog for a little over a week now...can't believe i ever had any other vape than this one, and now i am wondering why did it take me so long to finally buy one!!!

can someone link me to the light dimmer switch to use in order to control the temp and dial it down a little lower? I'm on limited wifi right now and can't look back through the pages to get the link

underdog

Manufacturer
I've had my chico claro walnut dog for a little over a week now...can't believe i ever had any other vape than this one, and now i am wondering why did it take me so long to finally buy one!!!

can someone link me to the light dimmer switch to use in order to control the temp and dial it down a little lower? I'm on limited wifi right now and can't look back through the pages to get the link

Happy to hear you're enjoying your UD.. :tup:

Here's a dimmer link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ESUMIC-Dimmer...TF8&qid=1444585105&sr=1-4&keywords=led+dimmer

Top Bottom