Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
For this special 420 page I would love to see what dogs are kept in the house of dogs. Maybe @underdogette and @underdog could share some photos of there pups.

If they r already posted on the thread my apologies.

@KeVo23 I really like that olive wood and the shape.

Here's the pack of Dogs I've been playing with most recently..
(vintage mini, hot Hickory AirCore, Bocote skinny Twig, Ash Econo-Dog, Bocote mini, Rosewood mini, Bocote inline-mini) :peace:

2m67i2u.jpg

So about how much more do you think?
$75-$85 total

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Here's the pack of Dogs I've been playing with most recently..
(vintage mini, hot Hickory AirCore, Bocote skinny Twig, Ash Econo-Dog, Bocote mini, Rosewood mini, Bocote inline-mini) :peace:

2m67i2u.jpg
Amazing! Can you tell us more about that inline? Do you have a stand ala toasty top style perhaps? Awesome work as always! Thanks for sharing!!!

stska

I was having some thoughts earlier....

Does the temperature that each Dog runs at with a standard wall adapter vary dog to dog? If not, is there some sort of way to match up what voltage would be what temperature once I get my VVPS or would I have to manually gauge the heat at each voltage and save it for my records?

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
USPS needs to do some drug testing at their Denver sort facility :lol: My poem package arrived at the Denver sort facility a few miles from my house Monday morning and departed for it's "destination" about an hour later. Been waiting patiently checking the tracking info a few times a day with no updates. I just checked again about 5 minutes ago and it turns out they sent it to the Salt Lake City sort facility :doh:

Does the temperature that each Dog runs at with a standard wall adapter vary dog to dog? If not, is there some sort of way to match up what voltage would be what temperature once I get my VVPS or would I have to manually gauge the heat at each voltage and save it for my records?

It varies from dog to dog. I think most of us just find our sweet spot(s) by flavor and the color of abv. It only takes a few sessions to get dialed in.

Last edited:
hello to all the underdog owners and prospective owners. My first vape was a MFLB, like many other people. Second was the volcano classic, then a pax. I lost the pax and still have the launch box. I sold the volcano to create funds for a log purchase. I was impressed with the refresh and had my eye on a few, but wasn't totally satisfied. The big leaf maple hourglass log popped up earlier, and I knew it was the one for me. Ordered it about 10 minutes ago with a thick glass stem, nylon stem, GonG, and 14mm NonG so that I could try a bit of everything. I am super psyched to try this thing out and am getting impatient only 10 minutes after placing my order.

I originally wanted an e-nano, but since they were sold out I decided to check out UD. Super happy I did, and after doing some research I felt comfortable ordering my own. I will be sure to update once I get to try the log, but I will be at a music festival until monday. Hopefully the time will pass quicker and I will have it when I get home!

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
hello to all the underdog owners and prospective owners. My first vape was a MFLB, like many other people. Second was the volcano classic, then a pax. I lost the pax and still have the launch box. I sold the volcano to create funds for a log purchase. I was impressed with the refresh and had my eye on a few, but wasn't totally satisfied. The big leaf maple hourglass log popped up earlier, and I knew it was the one for me. Ordered it about 10 minutes ago with a thick glass stem, nylon stem, GonG, and 14mm NonG so that I could try a bit of everything. I am super psyched to try this thing out and am getting impatient only 10 minutes after placing my order.

I originally wanted an e-nano, but since they were sold out I decided to check out UD. Super happy I did, and after doing some research I felt comfortable ordering my own. I will be sure to update once I get to try the log, but I will be at a music festival until monday. Hopefully the time will pass quicker and I will have it when I get home!
Welcome to the pack!:wave:

I have a feeling you'll be happy with your purchase!

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep

The standard wall wart gives 12.2 to 12.3 volts, so that number on your VVPS should run it the same. Yes, the dogs do vary in temp from one another, but that's due to the resistance of the heating element and a few other minor factors.

Welcome to the pack! We'll have that out to you soon. :)

GTAVaper

Just purchased my first UnderDog today :cheers:

I have heard so many good things about these log vapes and am really looking forward to its arrival. I started out in the direction of the E-Nano, which also looks like a pretty nice vape too. But after some more thought and then considering the added benefit of DC portability as well as a lighter cord attachment point, I decided to go with the Underdog. This way I can pre-heat it near a plug (or keep it near one for aromatherapy oils) and then bring it over to the coffee or kitchen table for the evening for some more "aromatherapy" ;).

I also love the more customized lathe work of the UnderDog vape and ended up getting the Ailanthus model (18312) that showed up on the recent site refresh.What a beauty!

After I was extolling the awesome and unique shape of my new vape and mentioned that I hadn't seen it in the custom shape selections; I was told that this shape was unique and that no other vape has yet been built to this exact shape. So if anyone is in the market for a custom UnderDog, I would suggest that you take a look at it in the gallery and consider requesting it for your own vaporizer if you like it......as it won't show up in the normal custom ordering page.

Thank you everyone who PM'd with me to discuss this wonderful vape and praise it to no end. Now comes the hard part........waiting for "My Precious"

Like everyone else I've spoken to, both Dave and Amanda responded to my PM's and Amanda was very helpful in answering all my questions.

Thank you very much everyone for your help :)

P.S. Now to begin my next relationship with "Voltage Keeper".....lol
Going to bed now......I'll save those PM's for another day :zzz:

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
The wood on those bocote dogs looks absolutely beautiful. I might have to make that my wood of choice when I finally get around to buying a dog :)
That's a good choice! So many great choices makes it easy to have multiple Dogs. I just had to choose some wood for some WonG's to be made by @Ed's TnT from @Snappo to use with my @underdog vapes. That's some serious name dropping right there! Here is what I went with, can't wait to show the finished product!
vAtURVA.jpg

Amboyna Burl, Buckeye Burl & Afzelia Burl :love:

Fission

That's a good choice! So many great choices makes it easy to have multiple Dogs. I just had to choose some wood for some WonG's to be made by @Ed's TnT from @Snappo to use with my @underdog vapes. That's some serious name dropping right there! Hereis what I went with, can't wait to show the finished product!
vAtURVA.jpg

I was actually just looking through snappo's thread a couple minutes ago. I guess when the time comes to get my first dog I'll be doing some serious soul searching to figure out the type of wood I'm going to get! I love the two tones on the amboyna burl there!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That's a good choice! So many great choices makes it easy to have multiple Dogs. I just had to choose some wood for some WonG's to be made by @Ed's TnT from @Snappo to use with my @underdog vapes. That's some serious name dropping right there! Here is what I went with, can't wait to show the finished product!
vAtURVA.jpg

Woweeee my man, I cant wait to get you squared up! These pieces are going to be fun and with my new beading tool talk about excitement! Thanks for the work bro!

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
My poem package arrived this morning! Thanks for the beautiful new pup @underdog and @underdogette! :cheers: This little guy hits harder than my standard core, heats up in no time and completes the port-a-pup station as it fits nicely in the medtainer hole
okzte0.jpg

Matching vapes ... left to right: Bocote standard core UD, Walnut mini UD, Walnut mflb w/ Bocote Ed's tnt stem
a4q16o.jpg

I love the crack/void in the side of the mini.

Top Bottom