Underdog Log Vapes

Skuma

One last thing.. :rolleyes:
I notice what I think are my silicone stems are very short compared to others I've seen, maybe they aren't meant to be stems and are just extra silicone. Anyway that wouldn't be a problem since I got the extra tubbing. How long should a silicone stem be? Mine are like roughly 5 cm long, is that ok? or is it too short and the vapor would be too hot?

Skuma,

HoneyAir

d) Finally the most noob question, (I know), but how do you prevent the plant material from falling? Why would it stay near the screen in the stem and not fall to the screen in the core??

From my experience with the PD, the first inhale with the stem 'glues' the plant material into place so it doesn't fall. So if you load a stem but want it to remain intact while leaving it on a table or something, you can do a quick inhale to solidify it first.

HoneyAir,

that herb guy

I notice what I think are my silicone stems are very short compared to others I've seen, maybe they aren't meant to be stems and are just extra silicone. Anyway that wouldn't be a problem since I got the extra tubbing. How long should a silicone stem be? Mine are like roughly 5 cm long, is that ok? or is it too short and the vapor would be too hot?

I got two short sections of silicone I can only assume were the different sized molds. A thin wall piece ~1 1/2 - 2 in long and about ~1cm piece of thick wall. I'm going to cut down the thin wall to leave a mold the same size as the thick and see if I can't use the thin wall as a water pipe attachment.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried messing around with the glass stem's screen placement? I was able to push the thick wall through and re-set it closer but I'm hesitant to try to pull out the glass piece in case I mangle the tube =/. Just wondering how hard that one was to adjust.

My included 'pre-made' stem was ~5 inches long and had the stem already set in it when it came, you should have a similar length included. If not cut a longer section of your extra tube to about that length. The heat is probably pretty intense from that close to the port. The longer section you cut the more area the vapor has to cool off.

that herb guy,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just saw a new website - the UD has been given a topic but no discussion yet, I thought you might like to know this Dave.

letstalkvape com

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep

Very interesting... We usually cut the silicone stems to be about 4 to 5 inches long. I'm glad you got extra tubing and screens. Did your box look like it had been opened? We make sure to put very clean and tight tape so that people can tell if it was opened before they get it.

underdogette,

dorkus_molorkus

I just saw a new website - the UD has been given a topic but no discussion yet, I thought you might like to know this Dave.

letstalkvape com

Perhaps an FC member yearns for the days of mad max like behaviour on internet forums and has started their own forum. lolz :p

'' we don't have a any major rules other than no spam. spam will not be tolerated and will be delete and the user deleted. so no spam. otherwise you are on your own! that means flame wars, conflicts and issues you have to sort out among yourself. the mods will not intervene.''

I fail to see what having no rules will do for a discussions positive side.
Good excuse for the kids to call each other names and get away with it, because it is verboten here.

Other than that, it looks pretty pointless to me. The 30 seconds it took to read all 4 posts is 30 seconds of my life I will never get back. (coulda packed a stem by then)

BTW- dave, still loving my vino & it gets a total flogging all the time.

and it loves it. :tup:

I milk tubes so thick, I got dickheads that should know better tell me I must be combusting. and still wanna argue even when its obviously vapor.

bloody wankers.

HERBavore

Can the silicone stems you recieve be placed in the WPB-GonG? If so, must you use the thin or thick tubing?

HERBavore,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Just buttered the dog, cleaned all my stems and screens and damn I love the clouds my dog puts out - IMO you cant beat the flavor of the dog. :tup:

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
I keep seeing people searching for that perfect water attachment tool. I could not be happier with the glass from the MFLB WPA secured to a stem for 14mm use. I wonder if MF would sell just that glass to Dave wholesale (or anyone for that matter). The issue with those other "whip connectors" is the restricted airflow. With these, you have to heat the stem to stretch it over the glass when you set it up the first time, but it does not compromise the interior diameter at all. Just an idea...

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i completely agree with happyTrails. I, too, use the glass from the MFLB WPA and absolutely love it for my UD. there is absolutely no restricted airflow which can be a big issue with water pipe adapters.

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

that herb guy

I keep seeing people searching for that perfect water attachment tool. I could not be happier with the glass from the MFLB WPA secured to a stem for 14mm use.

I actually just ordered one of the SSV adapters before checking back in on this. It was ~$12 before shipping, so not much lost if it's less than ideal. How much does magic flight sell those adapters for? My piece is an 18mm but I could pick up size adapter in the same go I guess.

Has anyone tried the SSV adapter? The only thing I'm concerned with is that tapered end might be too narrow to fit the ID of the underdog stems. I'm hoping it will get wide enough near the joint that it will seal OK. If not, I can make it airtight, it just won't be as pretty..

Edit: Just checked their online store, $32 for the WPA and then $7 on top (before shipping) for the 18mm adapter.. Any places selling these at discount?

that herb guy,

DBVn00b

Hey everyone,

I am looking for the Underdog or the Underdoggette(or anyone with experience on the question) to assist me with this question:

I am interested in ordering one of the twigs, but I need it asap this week(best day would be Wednesday), if I place the order today, when is expected to arrive in FL?

Also, if you can advice me on any add-ons that I might need before closing the order, and of course any discount code would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DBVn00b,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Hey everyone,

I am looking for the Underdog or the Underdoggette(or anyone with experience on the question) to assist me with this question:

I am interested in ordering one of the twigs, but I need it asap this week(best day would be Wednesday), if I place the order today, when is expected to arrive in FL?

Also, if you can advice me on any add-ons that I might need before closing the order, and of course any discount code would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Also try contacting Dave, Underdog, through his website under the 'Contact' tab,

http://www.underdogvapes.com/contact-us/

However, when it comes to any advice on add-ons you'd have to let us know how you like to vape such as preference to glass or silicone, with/without a water pipe, will you be using it with friends, etc. Mainly just how you plan on using your UD and your preferences.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

that herb guy

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance.

From the time of shipping to arrival, 2 days. Ships free with Dave's code and sends as priority. He also hooks you up with a link that updates as the box ships and passes checkpoints.

Not guaranteed 2-day, but that's how long mine took.

that herb guy,

DBVn00b

Also try contacting Dave, Underdog, through his website under the 'Contact' tab,

http://www.underdogvapes.com/contact-us/

However, when it comes to any advice on add-ons you'd have to let us know how you like to vape such as preference to glass or silicone, with/without a water pipe, will you be using it with friends, etc. Mainly just how you plan on using your UD and your preferences.

Thanks for the info, to be honest I have a small bong which I always wanted to try but the mflb wpa didnt satisfied me that much, how can I connect a DBV to my bong, would I need a special adapter for that?

From the time of shipping to arrival, 2 days. Ships free with Dave's code and sends as priority. He also hooks you up with a link that updates as the box ships and passes checkpoints.

Not guaranteed 2-day, but that's how long mine took.

Sounds great, exactly what I wanted to hear I want to know how long does it take to ship after order, I will contact Dave through his site.

DBVn00b,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Hey DBVnOOb if you order a piece that's in stock on the website I can ship it tomorrow. Our normal shipments are Priority Mail which usually arrives on the East Coast in 3 business days so it would PROBABLY make Florida on Wednesday but no guarantee. Priority shipping is "free" if you use the code in my signature, along with a few extra goodies.

Alternatively we could upgrade the shipping to Express Mail for $20 which would PROBABLY get it there Tuesday but would also probably require you to be there and sign for it.

If you want to go the Priority route you can just order from the website.

If you want to do the Express upgrade you'll need to message me directly so we can do things manually and send you a PayPal invoice because the website doesn't handle Express correctly.

As far as add-ons go the 'standard kit' us usually good to get most people started for at least a month or two while they get to know their Dog and figure out what, if any, other accessories they might want. I don't think we have any WPB-GonG stems left in stock so don't add one of those to your order or it either won't ship with it or it would delay the order.

:peace:

underdog,

DBVn00b

Hey DBVnOOb if you order a piece that's in stock on the website I can ship it tomorrow. Our normal shipments are Priority Mail which usually arrives on the East Coast in 3 business days so it would PROBABLY make Florida on Wednesday but no guarantee. Priority shipping is "free" if you use the code in my signature, along with a few extra goodies.

Alternatively we could upgrade the shipping to Express Mail for $20 which would PROBABLY get it there Tuesday but would also probably require you to be there and sign for it.

If you want to go the Priority route you can just order from the website.

If you want to do the Express upgrade you'll need to message me directly so we can do things manually and send you a PayPal invoice because the website doesn't handle Express correctly.

As far as add-ons go the 'standard kit' us usually good to get most people started for at least a month or two while they get to know their Dog and figure out what, if any, other accessories they might want. I don't think we have any WPB-GonG stems left in stock so don't add one of those to your order or it either won't ship with it or it would delay the order.

:peace:

Thanks for the quick reply, I was reading something about the twigs not being that durable, which other piece in stock would be durable without being too big?

Also can you assist after the order to make sure that the order doesnt get delayed with any mistakes so it can arrive here on Wednesday.

DBVn00b,

underdog

Manufacturer
Any of the thicker Twigs (like the two Ash ones) are probably just as durable as anything else I would think so no particular worries there in my mind.

Always happy to assist either before or after a sale of course. Other than the WPB-GonG stock issue I mentioned above there isn't anything that should delay the order. If you get an order in before midnight it will definitely go out in tomorrows (Monday) mail, once it's in the Post Offices hands though it's beyond our control so again if you order in time I can guarantee it leaves here Monday but I can't guarantee the Wednesday delivery. :2c:

underdog,

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Any of the thicker Twigs (like the two Ash ones) are probably just as durable as anything else I would think so no particular worries there in my mind.

Always happy to assist either before or after a sale of course. Other than the WPB-GonG stock issue I mentioned above there isn't anything that should delay the order. If you get an order in before midnight it will definitely go out in tomorrows (Monday) mail, once it's in the Post Offices hands though it's beyond our control so again if you order in time I can guarantee it leaves here Monday but I can't guarantee the Wednesday delivery. :2c:

Uh, hey guys - I just noticed this post... tomorrow's a federal holiday which means the post office is closed and even if we send a package out Express on Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be backed up and probably not able to get it there overnight.

underdogette,

underdog

Manufacturer
Uh, hey guys - I just noticed this post... tomorrow's a federal holiday which means the post office is closed and even if we send a package out Express on Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be backed up and probably not able to get it there overnight.

Doh! I stand corrected (as usual).

underdog,

PDwasmy1st

I would have go to the shop and make the piece since I don't already have one done from Walnut.. what shape are you thinking about? Like a standard PD size and shape? I could make it today and get it ready for the refresh (new pieces added to the website) for this week and you could then buy it off the website. Not sure about Ed's stems, do you know the outside diameter of them? Maybe they will just barely fit, or maybe you can use a small bit of silicone to make an adapter sleeve.

Can anyone else that might have any of Ed's stems and also an UD chime in? Bueller? Bueller? :lol:

0.7 cm size of pd and ed stems

PDwasmy1st,

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
quick question guys...my UD stays plugged in 24/7 and watches everything,besides my solo, collect dust. whats the expected life span of my dog under those conditions. i lost my beloved collie Pepper last year and i dont wanna bury another companion anytime soon

DcTokeMan,

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya DcTokeMan that's always the 'million dollar question' it seems and is really hard to make any kind of real prediction but in the real world I'd like to see them go 2 years before needing a 'vet visit'.

I think the history of these resistors being used as heating elements in Log vapes shows that many original Zaps, PDs, etc went 2+ years.. that being said we're driving them quite a bit harder and hotter in UDs than they did so there's more wear 'n tear on them in that regard. To date our biggest cause of short term failure has been in power plugs and power supplies. Wood degradation and resistor failure typically being long term failure causes.

I know this isn't a subject that businesses don't typically like to talk about but it's something I think a lot about and do like to talk about with you Dogs. The more feedback we get the more we can work on revising and improving the product and it also helps give you guys, the customer, a better idea of what to expect from your Pups.

As always if and when an UD does get sick I always want to know about for the above reasons but also so I can get it patched up (or replaced if need be) and get you back on that foggy, vapory road. ;)

Alright back to the shop for me, trying to finish a bunch of welding before the day is totally over. Many Dogs in testing right now for the pending refresh and I'm already working on the cores for the next one lol. :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Not that it hasn't been said before, but it demands repeating. :bowdown: Dave provides exceptional customer service! Potential customers should know that you are not just purchasing a fantastic product, but top notch support as well. I recently had to send my pup to the vet for a plug connection issue. Without prompting, Dave offered to send me a loaner while it was getting worked on! Who does that?!? Someone who "get's it", that's who. Loyalty to the Dog Pound builds life long customers! woof, woof! :clap: Thanks Dave! Always wishing the best for you and your business. You deserve success.

HoneyAir

Underdog, have you read the HI [Heat Island] thread?

My favorite log vape advancement is the user removable/replaceable resistor, which is why I also asked about it here. I went through my PD resistor dying, and I like being able to repair my own items when I don't want to wait.

This would be a most excellent addition to the UD lineup. The difference is that the power plug would have to be at the bottom, with a right angle power plug to bring it out to the side.

HoneyAir,
Top Bottom