Underdog Log Vapes

zymos

Instead of the soda can in the picture for scale, how 'bout building one IN the soda can?

I prefer the natural wood myself tho'....

zymos,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Yeah I prefer the wood too, hard to beat it's natural beauty. I do like playing with other stuff now and then though, gotta let the tinkerer in me out now and then. :freak:

@ darkrom - re: glass... working on it.

@ Abysmal - a naked core might be a tad warm lol though I suppose you could carry it around wearing a pot-holder :rofl:

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
If i ever lay my hands on a Naked Prototype .. i for sure am going to order a custom wooden hand before doing that... :)
Btw Dave .. I have experience with vapes that need a glove to hold.. My MW came with a common cotton glove which did the trick nicely ,but always felt kinda like Mickey Mouse when using it.. +
Anyway there are some heat resistant textiles like this one used for whip storage bag.
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/whip_slip_ws004.html
Whip Slip - Protective Vaporizer Whip Cover - Ranger Green
Protect your glass whip with a Whip Slip. This soft, padded clothe cover is heat resistant to 1000°F. Your whip can go straight from the vaporizer into the Whip Slip without worrying about the hot glass damaging the inner material.
The outer material of the Whip Slip is made from 100% cotton or a cotton blend fabric. A cushioned batting is sandwiched between the inner and outer fabric. The inner lining is a blend of oxidized fiber fabric that allows the Whip Slip to withstand the direct flame of 1000°F without igniting, burning, or melting.
Each Whip Slip is hand sewn, inspected, and proudly made in the U.S.A.
Slip Dimensions: 8” x 2.5”
Whip Slip is designed to cover the glass portion of the whip only, not the hose or mouthpiece. Pattern and colors may differ from image. Whip is not included.
Is 1000 F enough to handle the UD burning heart ? Anyway it is far less expensive than wood/glass/metal :).. + much less trouble to deal with ,afterall you put the dog in the sock ..

Abysmal Vapor,

placetime

Yeah I prefer the wood too, hard to beat it's natural beauty. I do like playing with other stuff now and then though, gotta let the tinkerer in me out now and then. :freak:

@ darkrom - re: glass... working on it.

@ Abysmal - a naked core might be a tad warm lol though I suppose you could carry it around wearing a pot-holder :rofl:

All these ideas people are mentioning got me thinking. How about one somehow built into a bean-bag? Maybe fill the bag with sand instead of beans, though? Wouldn't fall over, sand would insulate, could position it at a variety of angles if desired, etc. But what sort of heat-proof flexible material to make the bag out of? :lmao:

placetime,
Reactions: zymos

weedemon

enthusiast
On the other hand what about a GLASS body UD lol. The polar opposite just for "because I could" factor.

i think a glass one would be sexy! but i bet it would get a little warm to hold!

and on the topic of a core alone, that sound pretty interesting! can't get any smaller form factor wise right??

weedemon,

underdog

Manufacturer
Haha yeah I bet the glass one would be a bit on the warm side.. guess we'll find out. :p

underdog,

djonkoman

just discovered my laptop power suply, wich isn't the original one that came with the laptop and is variable, also has a 12 volt and a 14 volt setting. so I'm now warming it up at 12 to see how that compares to the other adaptors, then I'll try a short while on 14 volt , since that's very close to OTA's 13,8 so I should get similar results.
also tried the pillowmethod last night again since I wanted some higher temp, did get nice clouds but can't compare the color of the abv since it was night, and I dropped the stem into my lap, and when it hit my laptop all abv was distributed over my pants and the chair

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, go to the Action and get yourself one of these dude:

scaled.php

They're like 1,50 or something for two, and that's including batteries even. They are only slightly bigger than a regular BIC lighter and I carry one with me as standard vaporizer equipment at all times.

Email send Dave, I think I have an awesome idea for you as well as for the rest of us Underdogs :brow:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

well I do have lights here but I just can't compare abv-color as well as in daylight, lights is often a bit yellow, my laptopscreen does a pretty good job when I bump up the brightness but still I prefer daylight to really judge the color

weird thing btw
at 12 volt, the laptop power suply seemed about the same as my other adaptors, didn't test it by vaping a stem but outside temp fwelt similar. then I unplugged it, set it to 14 volt and plugged it back in
10 minutes later, the UD felt a little bit colder as usual, could even keep ny finger on the heatport for a little while. unplugged it, plugged my regular(12 volt) adaptpr back in, and it's getting warmer again.
tested the laptop suply with my laptop and luckily it still works, s I'm at a loss at what happened, maybe something broken with just the 14 volt setting... the light on the power suply also wasn't n or less bright, but on 19 volt(wich my laptop uses) it was bright and on again....
weird...

djonkoman,
I don't know if anyone else uses a Q elbow as their WPA, but I've found it works great, acting as an ideal spacer for the screen, giving it something to back up against so it'll stay in place, and giving a mostly glass airpath.

D1gVC.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I use a dbv heater cover to connect my dog to a concentrate bubbler with male ending .. LOL..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
That looks like a nice simple little setup CDS, thanks for sharing.

Do you have a picture of yours Abysmal?

underdog,

Muut

Jzu19.jpg

Ok here is my attempt to use the arizer Extreme Q elbow. I use a SSE Filtration (Super Strong Espresso) but you can also use a DSSE (double super strong espresso). It adds caffeine to the vapor and keeps me awake.

*humour*

ps: say hello to the MellowYellow ;)

okikir

Ok I received my 13.8v power supply a few hours ago ... and omg I got really blasted in no time...

I really put a very small amount of materials in there, as I had to get back to work then, but that was waaaaay beyond my expectations, I got too high and canceled my afternoon meetings :ko::ko:

Seems like I underestimated the blast my beloved underdog can provide while on turbo mode :lol:

Well I need to tame that beast ... but damn it's powerful, I even started to feel kinda ashamed to get that high with so little fuel... (I was still a smoker 3 months ago, confidently ignoring everything about vaping ...)
I guess I'll use this turbo mode on special occasions only ... We'll see :D

Mh... thx FC, thx OTA and thx Dave, you're a gifted wizard :D

:peace:

okikir,

Muut

@Dave

I have a question for you: I have tried to use my Arizer Extreme Q power supply on my UD. When I did, I kept an eye on it to check if it would not burn. Well, I noticed the heat core became red. I could see it below the screen.

Is that normal? I switched off as soon as I saw it and never tried again but maybe it's part of the heating process and just didn't notice before.

Muut,

underdog

Manufacturer
@Dave

I have a question for you: I have tried to use my Arizer Extreme Q power supply on my UD. When I did, I kept an eye on it to check if it would not burn. Well, I noticed the heat core became red. I could see it below the screen.

Is that normal? I switched off as soon as I saw it and never tried again but maybe it's part of the heating process and just didn't notice before.

Whoa, no that is definitely NOT normal so I'm glad you turned it off quickly.

To get to visibly glowing the heating element is well over 1,000°F which is 2.5x the normal temperature and a very bad thing! Not sure what voltage the Extreme Q power supply was delivering but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 18v or more (even if it's labeled as less).

Hope it didn't damage the Dog or reduce it's lifespan too much! :uhoh:

underdog,

Muut

na not at all, it works like a charm it was like 2 weeks ago ;) well I won't be using it then, it was just a test but I've got my conclusion now
Thank you for your answer ;)

Muut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wait, there's nothing glowing in the UD somewhere? I always though the heating element looked just like the one 7thfloor uses for their vapes. Do you have a picture of the element perhaps Dave?

Glad to hear it works for you as well Okikir! Be careful with it though, it is a hot fucker indeed :tup:

Nice set up Muut, lmao. Cool to see the MellowYellow in his everyday environment, thanks for sharing.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Funny, I've read most if not all log vape threads but I don't think I've seen that one before. Thanks neighbor :tup:

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

I don't know if anyone else uses a Q elbow as their WPA, but I've found it works great, acting as an ideal spacer for the screen, giving it something to back up against so it'll stay in place, and giving a mostly glass airpath.

D1gVC.jpg
I am using the same set up, except i am using a 18mm 7th floor WPA & the DBV tubing goes right into the GonG end.

dorkus_molorkus,
Top Bottom