Uncomfortable feeling just right after ingesting an edible?

Nosferatu

Does anyone else get a sort of uncomfortable, almost depressed feeling during the time of eating an edible and before it kicks in? I had this the last 3 or 4 times I ate one. like 15 minutes after eating it I'm in a down mood and start questioning bud all together. It sounds nuts, but because it just happened again I thought I might as well ask. These all were homemade firecracker type edibles. So maybe its just the bad taste and mound of fatty oil. Who knows, but its almost an uneasiness in the stomach mixed with demotivation. But when it gets to full high status I'm completely fine good as ever. Hmmmm.

Nosferatu,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Lately I've been lazy, and instead of making butter from ABV, I've just been spreading it on plain Skippy peanut butter and eating it on marble rye bread.

I do get rather queasy at the 30 minute mark, sort of regret eating it, but by the time it kicks in, it's woohoo!

Tom

tdavie,

Nycdeisel

My advice for this would be to try a different kind of peanut butter.

I think those depressed feelings you are having are psychological though and maybe related to some feelings you just have about edibles, unless you have tried other kinds of edibles with similar experiences.

also an edible usually gives an effect more opposite that of vapor. more of a deep body stone then a happy head high, but everyone reacts differently :2c:

Nycdeisel,

bender175

Yeah I'd also go with a different kind of peanutbutter. Get the natural kind the oil is seperated, the oil is probably what pulls most of the stuff out. If you don't get the natural kind, it has hydrogenated oils in it that clog up your arteries all so that you don't have to stir your peanutbutter. For real my grandmother can't eat anything hydrogenated anymore because she has a pacemaker. Just my two cents. :)

bender175,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've tried 1 commercially prepared cannabis edible that travelled a few thousand miles, and it was m'eh (nice to have, but nothing special....just a rice crispie treat), lot's of semi-commercial cannabis brownies/cookies, and lots of food (mostly savoury) prepared with ABV/cannabutter.

And when I get lazy, I spread the ABV on peanut butter, and there is an uncomfortable feeling a short while after eating it. It is transient though.

Tom

tdavie,

Nosferatu

Yeah but I used almond butter this time and I always use natural. BtW good ass recipe is cinnamon gram crackers with almond butter from Trader Joes or so it hides the taste completely. And has higher fat than PB! I guess all it is is what Tom said but thanks.

Nosferatu,

crawdad

floatin
i dont have a whole lot of experience with edibles, ive done it about 4-5 times now (i eat my bowls too sometimes but thats so tiny im not including that). im usually a very patient person (almost too patient if that makes any sense), and with that i have grown accustomed to getting the onset of a high within a minute or two at most of vaping so perhaps in this case i am slightly impatient?

i have attributed similar feelings that you describe to me having to wait and then sort of wondering "well, did i do it right?" and similar. this sort of questioning in my mind kind of releases the emotions that are similar to that of being lost and not sure just what you have done, kind of like falling down a hole that you have no idea just how deep it goes.

i rarely have the full onset of "omg, get me out of here" but id say i brush against it on occasion. my tolerance appears to be getting lower the more i continue to toke, very odd but quite nice since i usually dont have much anyhow. :)

the mind is a pretty complicated thing and it takes little to set it an new (unplanned) direction, thats my take on it. i love letting go and letting the mind decide where to go unhindered to my weakness of associations and conclusions. :peace: (sure hope at least part of that made sense, edibles are indeed special)

crawdad,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I generally am impatient waiting for edibles to take effect, I think it's at least mostly psychological.

I feel fairly similar taking other things that require waiting for them to take effect. Anticipation and such.

rabblerouser,

Nosferatu

crawdad said:
i dont have a whole lot of experience with edibles, ive done it about 4-5 times now (i eat my bowls too sometimes but thats so tiny im not including that). im usually a very patient person (almost too patient if that makes any sense), and with that i have grown accustomed to getting the onset of a high within a minute or two at most of vaping so perhaps in this case i am slightly impatient?

i have attributed similar feelings that you describe to me having to wait and then sort of wondering "well, did i do it right?" and similar. this sort of questioning in my mind kind of releases the emotions that are similar to that of being lost and not sure just what you have done, kind of like falling down a hole that you have no idea just how deep it goes.

i rarely have the full onset of "omg, get me out of here" but id say i brush against it on occasion. my tolerance appears to be getting lower the more i continue to toke, very odd but quite nice since i usually dont have much anyhow. :)

the mind is a pretty complicated thing and it takes little to set it an new (unplanned) direction, thats my take on it. i love letting go and letting the mind decide where to go unhindered to my weakness of associations and conclusions. :peace: (sure hope at least part of that made sense, edibles are indeed special)

Whole thing makes perfect sense. Yeah its probably anticipation mixed with high fat and oil actually making the stomacjh a little uncomfortable, I always use so much to make sure theres enough to absorb it all lol.

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom