Ultrasonic cleaner recommendation?

virtualpurple

Hey guys,

so I have read a few posts here and there from people who own ultrasonic cleaners and really like them. I've never seen a model specifically recommended but I'm hoping someone will speak up with their thoughts.

I would probably exclusively use it to clean my bubblers, unless my girlfriend wanted to use it for jewelry or whatever. My largest bubbler is a FC-Torus clone, which isn't terribly tall.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an effective unit that doesn't hit the wallet too hard?

Monsoon

Hey guys,

so I have read a few posts here and there from people who own ultrasonic cleaners and really like them. I've never seen a model specifically recommended but I'm hoping someone will speak up with their thoughts.

I would probably exclusively use it to clean my bubblers, unless my girlfriend wanted to use it for jewelry or whatever. My largest bubbler is a FC-Torus clone, which isn't terribly tall.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an effective unit that doesn't hit the wallet too hard?
I think it's going to be cost-prohibitive for cleaning bubblers, you'll need a commercial model to get the size needed and will cost you $100-300. For vaping and dabbing, an ISO rinse and shake should be all that's needed, maybe add some salt if it's especially bad. For more thorough cleaning, try PBW.

EverythingsHazy

I think most people who have them for cleaning vape stuff, use the jewelry ones, that are much smaller and definitely do not fit bubblers. They work wonders for any little parts, grinders, GonG's, brushes, screens, mouthpieces, etc..

For glass, using Cranberry extract and hot water rinses each session should keep it pretty clean and new looking. Every once in a while (few days) add some iso and salt for sterilization and scrubbing, and you'll be good.

toolbox12

Im going to get this one eventually.

http://t.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html?utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

Some company rebrands these and sells em for $160. Make sure to use the 20% off any item coupon.

Top left

http://t.harborfreight.com/digitalsavings.html?utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

I know @t-dub is a big ultrasonic fan
That's awesome! I think I may scoop one for cleaning all my adapters and vape pieces. Should function with iso inside, unless someone can suggest a better option.

toolbox12,

wolfJflywheel

I recommend getting the largest model you can afford. It'll make life easier.
I use a 6 liter model and I can clean all of my pieces in it relatively easily, often 2 at once.
I'd also recommend picking up rubber joint stoppers so if you have a larger piece that doesn't fit entirely, you can plug and fill it and the vibrations should still clean the parts that don't fit into the chamber.

As for ISO, it used to be my goto, but with the ultrasonic you'll get much better (and cheaper) results with PBW. Just order a 1lb container from Amazon. I'm never going back to ISO and epsom.

A tip with the PBW (or ISO) if you plug your pieces and just add your cleaning agent inside the piece you can make your PBW/ISO last much longer. I usually sprinkle a spoonful into my piece, and another into the chamber to clean off the outside. The PBW will also keep your ultrasonic cleaner clean. When I was just using ISO the basket in my cleaner was always filthy. Now everything below the waterline is nice and clean.

If you choose to stick with ISO, definitely pay attention to Monsoon's advice. Putting your pieces and the ISO in a ziplock will help you conserve ISO, keep your ultrasonic cleaner, and likely clean your pieces faster since you'll have a higher concentration of ISO. You can also reuse the ISO for a few washes this way if you're trying to be frugal.

waxdab23

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
StormyPinkness,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

2 Cycle

I picked up the harbor freight unit today with the 25% off coupon this weekend. Was less than $60 and works awesome. Not for larger pieces but for adapters, one hitters, etc it works great. I used simple green but have Pbw and will give that a try as well

Top Bottom