UCSD student caught smoking on 4/20, held for 5 days by DEA w/ no food or water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:puke: Well i guess that happens everywhere.. 5 day is insane.. i spent only 1/5 of his experience and was damaged for good.. It's good that it is not that common in the USA and you got nice law system so the boy will be compensated somehow.. although ... they should pay him one month ayahuasca healing with an authentic shaman.. so they can cure his soul of what he suffered...
My compassion and love goes to that victim now. One up to that's guy well being ..

vorrange

Vapor.wise

How can you possibly know if they were there to move stash? The responsibility for the alegged stash is of the people who live there, not the people who visit it.

Again, he does not have the responsibility to know what goes on in the privacy of someones home. And you continue to make ridiculous assumptions, "reeking house"

MDMA has no physical addiction and potential long lasting harm comes from adultered inpure MDMA. So i dont consider it in the same category has heroin, cocain, crack or meth. Doing so is part of the problem with drugs.

Once again, you answer with what i did not write. I said it is not ilegal to carry potentially harmfull pills, much more harmfull than MJ or MDMA. Selling pills is illegal since you need a license. That is why we have pharmacies. The same goes for selling other kinds of products that require licensing.

A ticket is not comparable to a criminal sentence and i did not refer anything about being open.

It is not about simpathy for the people who do hard drugs, it is about understanding that prosecuting people at random and putting them in jail instead of reabilitating people and trying to help them overcome their problems will never solve anything. Neither will help declaring the substance is illegal.

If people have problems and don't make the right choices in life, it is not a law or a prison sentence that will deter them from being involved in crime and substance abuse.

I understand the fear of not controling the actions of people who are intoxicated and the repercutions in a civilized society.

But not all drugs are equal, not all people use them abusively and not all people use them when they shouldn't. In fact, i think the opposite is true. With hard drugs like heroin, crack or meth, the issue has to be handled differently than softer drugs. But if you look at the evolution of drugs, these were only created because of prohibition laws.

A big part of the drug problem is traffic and crime associated with it. If the government took the power away from dealers and got in charge of the whole process, the people who wanted or needed the drugs could still have access to it. No differently than what happens with alcohol. I see homeless drunks buying alcohol at the supermarket. These are people with a serious addiction problem. People who do nothing other than drink. Do you see crime related to alcohol? In general, no. Maybe some thefts, but no trafic, no killings, nothing. Is it that difficult to extend to other substances? Is it really worse than the reality now? The only problem i see is that because of drug trafic, criminals will lose their "jobs" and who knows what their next line of work will be.

I find it amazing that inteligent critical people, still fail to realize the ilogical reasoning behind the war on drugs and the ability to support legal drugs like alcohol or pills and be so oblivious to other drugs.

In fact, i think the word drug is a problem in itself. You don't see morphine being called a drug, it is medicine. Amazing how sometimes we choose to be stupid, just so we can feel morally and intelectualy right.

There should be regulation not prohibition. There should be counseling, not tickets. There should be social services especialized in reabilitating addicts, not drug agencies with brainwashed ideas.

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Rehab and ice cream isn't going to help people kick the habit. They have to want to stop.

I don't go to random houses where I don't know the owners well or my friends know without a doubt the people there aren't sketchy.

This house was targeted in an mdma distribution ring. We both know this most likely not the first time that house has seen that sort of weight. This wasn't a "random" occurrence.

I know or girl who went to rehab for caugh syrup/ CCC's and ended up doing heroin for the first time with people she met in rehab. She passed out, they dumped her on a bush, in the snow.

Tea Party,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Rehab and ice cream isn't going to help people kick the habit. They have to want to stop.

Of course not. Rehab is not just flushing the drug out. This is the prohibition mindset in a different area. You have to rehabilitate the people socialy and professionaly. You have to create oportunities for each people to earn their pay. You have to rehabilitate them emotionally. People who fall into drug addictions usually have underlying conditions and are generally suffering emotionally. A normal healthy and happy individual won't just wake up and say, 'hey, im gonna go down town and score some crack cause i wanna know what the hype is all about'

I don't go to random houses where I don't know the owners well or my friends know without a doubt the people there aren't sketchy.

This house was targeted in an mdma distribution ring. We both know this most likely not the first time that house has seen that sort of weight. This wasn't a "random" occurrence.

Again, no way you could know that. I am sure it wasn't random or at least i hope so. And the point is the same, it is not your house! You shouldn't have to face what he faced because of that. I understand if he was forced to answer some questions, that is all.

I know or girl who went to rehab for caugh syrup/ CCC's and ended up doing heroin for the first time with people she met in rehab. She passed out, they dumped her on a bush, in the snow.

Wow, your logic is flawless. If she was in rehab it was because she had an addiction problem, it is understandable if she did the wrong choice again. It means she was not cured yet, it doesn't mean rehab is pointless. If she ended up doing heroin in rehab, imagine what could happen if she went to jail.

In Saudi Arabia, you can be killed if they find you with joint. In Africa, in a country i don't recall right now, a girl who was raped, was forced to marry the rapist.

This is the kind of actions that come from a prohibitionist point of view and a blindely moralistic way of authority.

Just because someone wrote it in a piece of paper and declared it law, does not mean it is right. Your superior atitude towards people who did not have the fortune or the strength to be better in life, despite their actions not affecting anyone but themselves and their own misery, is the same superior attitude of people who hide behind their religions and laws to justify vile acts to other human beings.

djonkoman

I don't think it's as simple as knowing houses to avoid. reading this, I've also been at locations/situations where something like this could've happened. for example one guy at who's house I sometimes hung out to smoke, one of my friends somehowe met him and became very good friends with him, and trough him me and some other friends sometimes hung out there too. by now that guy has moved away, but I did meet some of my current friends there.
there was never anything criminal going on when I was there, and I also don't believe he was a bigtime criminal. not at the time I knew him at least, alo didn't seem like a typical criminal, just a nice guy who was into conspiracytheories and enjoyed smoking a lot of weed and sometimes psychedelics
but later I did hear some stories, that where that guy previously had lived he had been involved with crime, been the leader of some sort of criminal group(I think that was something he told himself), I also heard he has been convicted once, but no idea wherefor, when and so on, and I've also heard a story about some involvement with an armed robery(but robbery of other robbers)
but I only heard these stories later, when I met this guy at first I wouldn't have suspected those things. so hanging out there I could have landed in a similar situation, altough I don't think it's likely he dealt in drugs like MDMA.

and if you classify distribution in the most strictest terms, then I have been present at MDMA-distributions(friends holding an MDMA-night and buying it together, me as only person not on MDMA).
it's just really easy to have friends, especially friends that you don't know that well, that are involved in some shady things, even if you are not involved in it in any way and just know them as friends.

and I even once, unknowingly, walked around with a few 100 grams of speed, but that's a whole other story.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
"My street sense is so darn good that I never run into these problems, and anyone who does deserves what's coming to them, whatever that may be."

Um, did you not read the whole thread, and my posts? You say they deserve it, no matter what that punishment might be? Is torture by our gov't ok with you? Even if it violates our rights? People really need to wake up so people can stop suffering. It makes my heart sad when people are so indifferent to cruelty. Even animals don't deserve this kind of treatment. Although, some people think it's a-ok to abuse a dog too, by whatever means.

It doesn't matter where he was, his rights under the Constitution were violated. If people keep justifying this crap, the gov't will think it's ok, and more of our rights will slip away. :(

Vicki,
Vicki, my post was intended as a sarcastic summary of what a certain someone has been implying throughout this entire thread. I read all of your posts, and I agree completely :)

OKcomputer,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vicki, my post was intended as a sarcastic summary of what a certain someone has been implying throughout this entire thread. I read all of your posts, and I agree completely :)

Ok, I apologize then. My sarcasm meter must be broken. :D

Vicki,
Reactions: vorrange
Ok, I apologize then. My sarcasm meter must be broken. :D

No offense taken, as I knew right away that you misunderstood my intent. After all, I created the thread because I'm so sick of seeing things like this. Today, MSNBC reports that Chong is filing a $20 million lawsuit. I hope he gets every penny.

And then you see a story like this and wonder - why is alcohol legal but marijuana illegal, again?

Long story short:

woman got drunk and laid in the road
she was hit and killed...
by a drunk driver
then her son got a ride to the hospital after finding out about his mom
...from his drunk friend
who got into an accident, killing the son

OKcomputer,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
$20 million? I was thinking 3-5 would be lofty...

With out a doubt the lawyer talked to the mom and said something along the lines of " do you want to retire like a movie star?"

That lawyer is going to get 20-35% so we all know she is looking for a HUGE pay day on this.

Did he fuck up, yes. Did the dea fuck up, yes. Does the kid deserve some restitution, yes.

But that amount is a joke.

Tea Party,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
and I even once, unknowingly, walked around with a few 100 grams of speed, but that's a whole other story.
How do you unknowingly walk around with roughly a quarter pound of meth? If a friend had me carry a bag and decided to leave that point out, and I caught wind of it, there would be a hell of a fight, and I'd never say a word to that person again.

ZERO love for tweakers.

Tea Party,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
You sure fooled me with your responses in this thread......:rolleyes:

You may not be passive, but you sure are unsympathetic.

He made a terrible mistake and paid dearly for it ( though it seems he is trying to milk the fuck out of this).

Tea Party,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
$20 million? I was thinking 3-5 would be lofty...

With out a doubt the lawyer talked to the mom and said something along the lines of " do you want to retire like a movie star?"

That lawyer is going to get 20-35% so we all know she is looking for a HUGE pay day on this.

Did he fuck up, yes. Did the dea fuck up, yes. Does the kid deserve some restitution, yes.

But that amount is a joke.

How much do you value a human life? Because the truth is, the kid was found by accident but he was left there intentionally. It is funny how you only answer what you can atack.

I find the value excessive as well, but considering the way your legal system works, i am not surprised. If you want to blame someone, blame the lawyers or your beloved DEA for their monumental fuck up. Zero love for people with narrow minds.

EDIT: Terrible mistake? He was hanging out at a friends house! I truly hope you are just one of a kind because you view of this is a bit Hanibal Lectery. What if it was your kid? You would kick him out of the house, call the police and report his wrongdoings?

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
I don't love the DEA any more than you do.

"Terrible mistake? He was hanging out at a friends house!"

yeah his epic fuck was hanging out at a friends house that was full of drugs.

You must fucking love the government because it is quite obvious that personal responsibility is a foreign term to you.

Tea Party,

lwien

I don't believe that anyone here is saying that he shouldn't take personal responsibility for not being more careful, but surely you can't believe that the what happened to him while in custody fits the crime, eh?

And as far as "milking the fuck out of it", he SHOULD milk the fuck out of it. They almost killed him !! I'd say that when any government agency just about kills you through neglect when you are under their care, they should get their balls put through a ringer.

lwien,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Let me see: his mistake was hang out at a friends house that was targeted for drugs. You dont know if he knew about the target or the drugs but let's assume that he in fact knew about the drugs.

DEAs mistake was leave him forgotten for 5 days without water or food to the point of kidney failure.

First of all, there is absolutely no justification for leaving him without water or food.

And second, i think personal responsibility ends in another persons personal responsability. I am not responsible for another persons actions or their mistakes.

I don't understand what personal responsibility has to do with love for the government but, honestly, i think the governments worldwide are manipulated by large groups and financial interests. DEA and the war on drugs is but another example of financialy driven politics.

vorrange,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
i think the governments worldwide are manipulated by large groups and financial interests.

No shit Sherlock, my industry hires lobbyists to convince politicians to make more favorable laws for the people in this industry. The loose laws help everyone make money from the janitors and secretaries/assistants, to the CEO.

Tea Party,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
by the way yahoo and the ultra liberal slander publication the huffington post are all reporting 4 days.

Tea Party,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
by the way yahoo and the ultra liberal slander publication the huffington post are all reporting 4 days.

So? What's your point now? You keep saying, "he fucked up." So what? That does not justify what happened to him, and I am sick of hearing you repeat it over and over as justification for the way he was treated.

Vicki,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think it is safe to assume that janitors and lower man power have reduced benefits from lobbyists.

And, once again, you dodge the important issues of what is said.

What if it was your kid or someone in your family to fuck up? What then?

4 days, then it is fine! nevermind he nearly died..

vorrange,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
What if it was your kid or someone in your family to fuck up? What then?.

If it was my kid it would go something along the lines of " this is why you don't hang out with people who associate with hard drugs, get your shit together, finals are coming up"

Tea Party,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
If it was my kid it would go something along the lines of " this is why you don't hang out with people who associate with hard drugs, get your shit together, finals are coming up"

You're lucky I decided to calm myself and not say what I really wanted to, but seriously? It was wrong place at the wrong time, whether the kid was smoking cannabis or whatever, the point is it is still wrong for what the DEA did to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom