TV Shows

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I haven't seen any other threads and if there is one feel free to delete this topic. :)

This thread is based around the TV shows you watch religiously or used to watch often.

My favorite TV shows have been

That 70's Show
Scrubs
Corner Gas (Canadian's probably know it?)
Jeopardy
South Park (most of the time)

As for really new ones,

Cougartown is pretty funny, so is Modern Family
I think Flashforward was also pretty well done.

Many left unmentioned but those stick out off the top of my head, what about you guys?

The_Other_Shoe,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
corner gas angers me....

I love watching married with children (I call it tax)
It's always sunny in philly
Futurama
Boondocks

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

t00fatt

Just some of my favorite comedies, I have over 500 gigs of TV shows alone. I watch at least one episode of Trailer Park Boys every night on my last vape before going to sleep. Helps with my insomnia, lets my brain know to prepare for sleep. Been doing that for about two years now, and I have developed a bit of a canadian accent, seriously :lol:

Trailer Park Boys
Eastbound & Down
Bored to death
Curb your enthusiasm
Califonication
Green Wing
Black Books
Spaced
Little Britan
Man Stroke Woman
It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Psychoville
The Office UK & USA
Clone High
Chuck
Big Train
Better Off Ted
Arrested Development
American Dad
Family Guy
South Park
Futurama
Simpsons

t00fatt,

t00fatt

SmogTown said:
As long as you don't start with rickyism's :lol:. An example below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs
Sadly I do, I'm always saying "Get two birds stoned at once." and my occasionally mispronunciation. Seriously though I end a lot of my sentences in "Eh?" and pronounce my o's ans a's a bit canadian. It doesn't help when I fall alseep with the TV on, then it really gets engraved in my mind.:lol:

t00fatt,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Obviously the show Weeds people!!

I religiously watch 3 shows...

1. South Park ( My favorite, matt stone and trey parker are fucking brilliant )
2. Family Guy ( Shit is funny, Seth Macfarlane is pretty funny, its all about random jokes though )
3. Weeds ( The only "drama" show i watch, absolutely brilliant and the wait for season 6 is killing me! )

Survivalism,

lwien

Currently:
The Daily Show w/John Stewart
Flashforward
Crash
Glee
House
Lie to Me
Real Time w/ Bill Maher
Fringe
Curb your Enthusiasm
Dollhouse
Entourage

Looking forward to "V"

lwien,

SmogTown

That's so funny that they're remaking V. Seems like original ideas are in short supply in tv and movies lately.

SmogTown,

lwien

SmogTown said:
That's so funny that they're remaking V. Seems like original ideas are in short supply in tv and movies lately.
Yeah, but the original V wasn't an original idea either.

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I do the internet TV thing.. Hate not being able to take a pause. No cable, don't pay for TV, never hooked my antenna up since before the switch-over- our TV is going bye-bye, we have a projector and screen for movie nights. Tho I do snag whole seasons of cable shows from the Library.. loved Deadwood (mad they axed it) and The Shield. Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations too..

Current broadcast shows I catch up on whenever:
Heroes
House
Fringe (husband thinks it's too campy (which is why I like it)
Medium
American Dad
Bones

Canceled ones I loved
Pushing Daisies
Journeyman
Canterbury's Law

indigal,

lwien

Talk about canceled shows that I really liked, I'm still pissed that Firefly was canceled.

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
It seems that every show I've said "damn, this is good" gets canceled. Yeah, Firefly was one of them.. Did you happen to catch the pilot/released as TV movie Vituality? That had some serious potential, great characters that we will never see develop. But noooo, instead the powers that be chug out more reality-TV crap..:rolleyes:

indigal,

jklasd

boys and gals. please check out one of the best TV shows on today. the showtime hit series: dexter. its fucking brilliant.
as for me, i watch:
dexter
entourage
californication
weeds
bored to death(so far)
hung(so far)
house
how i met your mother
lie to me
the mentalist
two and a half men
castle
criminal minds

jklasd,

indigal

Amongst the corn
jklasd said:
boys and gals. please check out one of the best TV shows on today. the showtime hit series: dexter. its fucking brilliant.
as for me, i watch:
dexter
entourage
californication
weeds
bored to death(so far)
hung(so far)
house
how i met your mother
lie to me
the mentalist
two and a half men
castle
criminal minds
It's reading about shows like Weeds, Californication, and by my tastes I'd wager Dexter too.. that make me wish (kinda) that I had cable. Oh and the SciFi Channel, travel, History.. agh, internet surfing has been the recent time-sucky for me.

indigal,

lwien

jklasd said:
as for me, i watch:
dexter
entourage
californication
weeds
bored to death(so far)
hung(so far)
house
how i met your mother
lie to me
the mentalist
two and a half men
castle
criminal minds
Don't have Showtime....... :(
I didn't put Hung on my list 'cause they're on hiatus, but yeah.......great show. Funny stuff.

lwien,

Plotinus

indigal, a fan of Deadwood is a man of taste. You should check out The Wire. I'm shocked to see it hasn't been mentioned here yet -- best damn show I've ever seen.

Plotinus,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Plotinus said:
indigal, a fan of Deadwood is a man of taste. You should check out The Wire. I'm shocked to see it hasn't been mentioned here yet -- best damn show I've ever seen.
Thanks! :D Husband thinks so too! ;)
ok now I do need to see if my local lib has this.. Just read some stuff on it- right up my alley, and they use different versions of "Way Down in the Hole" as the opening theme. Did I mention I love Tom Waits?
That's one thing I loved about Deadwood, they had some fantastic music. Downloaded the soundtrack.

indigal,

Plotinus

If you do end up liking it, watch out carefully in season 3. There's a funny shout-out/insult to Deadwood.

Plotinus,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
F-Troop
Secret Squirrel
Run, Buddy Run
Camp Runamuck
Judd for the Defense
The Charles Grodin Show

jeffp,

jklasd

for those without showtime or hbo, you can use torrents to dowload great shows like dex, weeds, californication, entourage, etc. this is what i do with all my shows. this way, i can rewatch seasons.
another option is to use the web. episodes of tv shows are all over the web. i know a few guys in my college class that do this for tons of shows.
hung is on hiatus? my buddy said the season is over. i know they got renewed for a second. its an alright show. the premise is brilliant but i still feel its lackin follow through

jklasd,

jklasd

hiatus is not the same haha. hiatus implies a break away, the season over, not a break.

jklasd,
Top Bottom