DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I have an Arizer Extreme Q and I have a @DDave mod v 2.5 and v 3 (vapor cooler) and the screens are NOT interchangeable.

Further, I have some extra (aftermarket) 18 mm and 14 mm stems for the Milanaa and MVT and the @DDave basket screens do NOT fit in either of these items.
@sickmanfraud This is correct. I have my screens made to specs that created best performance with my kit pieces.

Usually all glass pieces differ slightly from each other as they're blown and handmade. You can press and deform the screens to make it fit in almost every 14mm/18mm stem. It's pretty easy.
AtH2ZXF.jpg

Pinch in this manner and the screen will widen slightly. Repeat in small amounts till the screen fits your piece.

are people cleaning the inside of the whip (if it even gets dirty) and how?
Not sure what material your whip is comprised of, but...
With the tubing I provide with my kits (high temp food grade silicone), I always suggest pressing out with a rolling pin... watch as anything inside comes out the end like toothpaste out of the tube! ;)
Then an ISO Soak to completely clean out.

little maggie

Planetvape has a large assortment of screens for several vaporizers- some I'd never heard of. That includes screens for milaana and eq vapes. I wonder if one of the screens would fit until Ddave somes up with something.

little maggie,
Reactions: funkyjunky

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
its still $150 for the basic kit (tubo in any natural wood,one mp of choice,set of screens,stirrer,plain whip) wood coloring is $17. yarn wrapping of the whip is $17 too.

pics have to wait for the next post.

and regarding (eq) basket screens, i do supply one within the base kit and have them to purchase at a lowish price. hard to get them alone and cheap.

sickmanfraud

@sickmanfraud This is correct. I have my screens made to specs that created best performance with my kit pieces.

AtH2ZXF.jpg

Pinch in this manner and the screen will widen slightly. Repeat in small amounts till the screen fits your piece.

what do you suggest if the screens are too big?

I broke out some DDave toys last night. Using a 14mm stem with the reducer doesn't work because the lip on the reducer hits the top of the wooden box before it creates an air tight seal.

Have you tried Teflon tape?

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
... going to see how much longer I'll hold out

That would be longer than me...obviously.

With the matching beech box (thanks @vapen00b for helping make that happen) and the awesome wrapped whip (on top of what looks to be a top notch vape) I just couldn't resist.

With a relatively simple build -beech wood and black evic- and a huge helping of good luck and good timing, looks like i am in the current batch.

Looking forward to trying this thing out.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
It's a killer combo, for sure. Looks like it will be a popular one (as opposed to a poplar one:lol:)

I can't tell from the videos, but is this press and hold the button for the duration of the hit?

Would be great to be able to hit the button once and it stays that heat for the 20 seconds, so you can sit back and casually sip from the whip. Or does it already do this and/or have the option?

RelaxedNow

It's a killer combo, for sure. Looks like it will be a popular one (as opposed to a poplar one:lol:)

I can't tell from the videos, but is this press and hold the button for the duration of the hit?

Would be great to be able to hit the button once and it stays that heat for the 20 seconds, so you can sit back and casually sip from the whip. Or does it already do this and/or have the option?

I was gonna answer your question, but I suddenly realized I don't know crap for certain, and won't until I receive mine or someone else answers. :doh:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Yep, it's press and hold - for now.
But @funkyjunky told me already it's in the works. He's crazy busy with assembling the batch so sometime in the (hopefully near) future he'll program that feature:)
Can only stress: this guy really knows what he's doing...

Still no incoming Tubos, anyone ..??

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
But @funkyjunky told me already it's in the works. He's crazy busy with assembling the batch so sometime in the (hopefully near) future he'll program that feature:)

Thanks for the info. Thought it might be something like that.

Actually, the way it has been working for me so far, @funkyjunky is probably working on it as I write this...
-He already had all the parts for my tubo when i enquired.
-He was at the laser cutter when I requested a beech box, so quickly reprogrammed to make one.
-I asked about an 18- 14 mm glass gong stem, and he had just got some in.

It's magic or extra terrestrial technology or something, but i like it.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
That would be longer than me...obviously.

With the matching beech box (thanks @vapen00b for helping make that happen) and the awesome wrapped whip (on top of what looks to be a top notch vape) I just couldn't resist.

With a relatively simple build -beech wood and black evic- and a huge helping of good luck and good timing, looks like i am in the current batch.

Looking forward to trying this thing out.

I'm trying my hardest lol, I think I can maybe make it til next payday but let's see... :)

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer

yes exactly. its already in the planning, and there are already some efforts in that direction. since we have an upgradeable firmware we can introduce a different mode anytime for all units :)

and yes as said i have 14mm water pipe adapters now as well.

I have a birch tubo out in the wild right now, I was hoping it would arrive to the great white north this week, but Canada posts taking their sweet time, I'll comment once get to try out the tubo.
:argh::argh:

so i have been to the laser cutter as @Vapenvy already said. will make a video next time, forgot the camera... its very cool to see how the machine does its thing.
NW09adS.jpg

this is the glueing of the heater side.

after grinding and sanding they look like this and are ready for the heater to be mounted. in the following pic all prepared materials for the heater side can be seen plus some stirring picks.
xfhVilw.jpg

it is going well. had a little delay because of the cutter appointment that was late considering my original plan. but we are still on track. during the next week the first ones should be about ready.

:wave::zzz:

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
So I haven't posted on here in a bit, but I'm so glad to see as many new purchases as I have. Had a little hiccup with mine at the start, but @funkyjunky helped that get sorted out.

Holy shit does this thing work and work well. I will need to buy an additional long bent stem and wpa for it now, as well as screens, because I am expecting to use this often. Definitely a great add to the collection.

Quick picture from last night, will have to take some videos when I can.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRkGLseBVly2O1ZBTtRBqdN9SuFo0dmwimYOlk0/

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
So I haven't posted on here in a bit, but I'm so glad to see as many new purchases as I have. Had a little hiccup with mone at the start, but @funkyjunky helped that get sorted out.

Holy shit does this thing work and work well. I will need to buy an additional long bent stem and wpa for it now, as well as screens, because I am expecting to use this often. Definitely a great add to the collection.

Quick picture from last night, will have to take some videos when I can.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRkGLseBVly2O1ZBTtRBqdN9SuFo0dmwimYOlk0/

Glad you finally received yours! Stunning purple you got there... very nice! :)
Mind asking me what probs you were having? What is your fav. setup? What temps do you select?
Looking forward to your videos pal! :)

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
The problem was minimal and completely user error. I was switched out the battery and was getting a no atomizer error. Put back in the one that came with the unit and was 100% fine after that. No idea why the battery didn't work, it was used again in other units, air, and alternate, and worked fine. Even went back into the tubo and was fine. So I'm not sure why there was an issue.

So far, loved it dry at 380°F and through water at 460°F. Yes I know that is above the recommendation for temperature but I had to try it for myself. 450°F will be fine as the max temperature for sure, I just wanted to rip on it.

May even use the whip for the video. But so far, through water is going to be my normal use.

little maggie

The problem was minimal and completely user error. I was switched out the battery and was getting a no atomizer error. Put back in the one that came with the unit and was 100% fine after that. No idea why the battery didn't work, it was used again in other units, air, and alternate, and worked fine. Even went back into the tubo and was fine. So I'm not sure why there was an issue.

So far, loved it dry at 380°F and through water at 460°F. Yes I know that is above the recommendation for temperature but I had to try it for myself. 450°F will be fine as the max temperature for sure, I just wanted to rip on it.

May even use the whip for the video. But so far, through water is going to be my normal use.
Your is beautiful. I am trying to wait patiently because @funkyjunky said he won't send my invoice until mine is ready. I think it's in the current batch. But the truth is I am totally impatient. I've never had a vape in my favorite color before.

buckhakeesah

Look at me!
20v15pl.jpg

Need to lay down and look hehe. Sorry for that guys.

This thing is a flavor beast. I've run small and large loads in the bent mp and it does the job well. I'm riding my temps from 430F to 490F and I get very light color even at the highest. I usually like to take the extraction as far possible but I had to put this down, it was too much and it didn't even look finished. I haven't tested the whip yet, but with the bent mp draw is very open. I tamped but was still experiencing an open draw. Once it warms up and gets going, watch out! Still need more playing time with it, but a nice addition as everyone mentioned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom