Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
I ordered my Tubo X a couple of weeks back, and have been excitedly working through my options, starting with the simple premise of velcro..

(Cut to a rock-music backed montage of CAD drawings, me looking pensive, and various slo-mo 3d Printing)..

Prototype #001 is now complete:

ummbyXr.jpg

The heater bit is way too big, and some aesthetics are way off, but I'll work that out when I get the X..

I've used the cuboid 200. If all goes to plan, it'll be a 3 battery Tubo Evic, but with a detachable heater like the Tubo X, and with added modularity in the design.

The heater is detachable, comme ca :

GSL40QZ.jpg

I'm still thinking about what to do with the cable, which will have to be external. This might be a bit of an issue, but we'll see. Ideally I want the whole thing to be printable in just 2 parts, with no fiddly twisty breaky bits.

Next thing is to create a similar casing for a smaller single battery mod, for switching between a more portable 'on the go' option, and the larger 'at home ripping it' options. I've plumped for the Presa TC100W ; mapping it out and printing the case may take more time than the Cuboid 200. And equally, is there much benefit to a high discharge 26650 on a Tubo..(apart from a wee bit more battery life)?

There's a lot to improve on, but it pretty much works as is, providing you don't want to pick it up by the heater! Having said that, at the moment it's just a glorified pencil case. :lol:

I'll try to get the next two cases ready in time for my black X .. :D

ekxRJe6.jpg

Last edited:

Gray Area

Hey @funkyjunky will the Tubo X require that the 18650's be "paired" or can we use any of the 18650's we have (assuming they are the same battery type)?

The way I understand it is I f the mod you use with the Tubo X uses two batteries they will have to be paired.
The dual Tubo option will also need to use the same batteries in pairs (for the two battery option) too.

Think it's even suggested to rotate the position each time (if charging externally)... :shrug:

sickmanfraud

The way I understand it is I f the mod you use with the Tubo X uses two batteries they will have to be paired.
The dual Tubo option will also need to use the same batteries in pairs (for the two battery option) too.

Think it's even suggested to rotate the position each time (if charging externally)... :shrug:

Does the "pair" need to be new to work?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: funkyjunky

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Paired battery safety, by @KeroZen

Yes it's best to use a matched pair, but it's not the end of the world either if you don't. Use your HG2 cells but watch the voltages closely at first. If you end up with a wide difference in resting voltage at the end it can be problematic. For instance if you end up with one at 3.2V and one at 3.4V when they both started at the same voltage, it's a sign they would not make a good pair.

Pairing is nice but even when doing that, cells can age differently and minute differences in their internals can make them drift apart. So I would advise anyone to check their resting voltages from time to time to see if there's a large unbalance. Even working pairs can take different routes and need to be separated.

Ideally you would want to pair them by IR (internal resistance) regardless of their age. Don't see these pairings as static, that's the mistake. It's all dynamic.

FJ is a genius but he didn't invent 18650s lol

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Too late to edit, and completely unrelated... but I tore out my inside screen, since it got messed up back when I dropped it and I never fixed it... It was a H U G E pain in the ass trying to fit back in without there being a massive gap.

So, I dropped a 3/4th in Ti screen in there... not the tightest weave, but it'll work - fits perfectly!

Not sure if I posted about this before? Or if anyone has? The other screen was finer mesh but I believe there's a decent chance of crap getting underneath and other screen make it easier... at least for me... anyone else wanna post experiences with deep cleaning their tubo?

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
It appears that my Tubo will no longer enter warm up mode. It flashes on with three clicks but then off within about 2 seconds; the coils don't glow. Performance across the board seems a bit "off," but it is still vaping otherwise.

I'm not sure why this happened, as warm up mode was working fine when the unit arrived last week. I reflashed the firmware, but no dice. @funkyjunky any ideas?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It appears that my Tubo will no longer enter warm up mode. It flashes on with three clicks but then off within about 2 seconds; the coils don't glow. Performance across the board seems a bit "off," but it is still vaping otherwise.

I'm not sure why this happened, as warm up mode was working fine when the unit arrived last week. I reflashed the firmware, but no dice. @funkyjunky any ideas?
Coils,should never be glowing because you can damage the heater.. Check if your cold resistance written on the door corresponds to the setting. If set right you can;t see a glow even at 260C.
Also never re-install software when tubo heater is hot ,because it messes up with the resistance value.
--------------------
What is that warmup mod ? Are you talking about cruise ?

Last edited:

Likun

I followed your links and none of the things you looked at is compatible with a Tubo without a GONG or SONG (two types of connections) from your Tubo to the water cooler.

I suggest you look at Ddavemods.com @DDave has some great solutions to cool hot vapor.

I own a 18-14 mm wpa so I think they should work. That's why I was looking into pieces with 14mm female connection.
My favorite is the DDave cooler though, will probably order it anytime in the not too distance future.

I got bare poplar too, and love the feel of the soft wood in the hand... but, I know exactly what you mean about it soaking up the sweat from your hands. It is a bit of a dirt magnet.

What I've been doing is to give it a regular rub down with some of Ed's bomb ass butter, a beeswax/oil mix he sells for the wooden stems and logs he makes (underdog and sticky bricks do a similar product - there's probably others).

I'll wait till after a cruise or two, while the wood's warm, then give it a good coating of the wax. Usually I do this at the end of the evening and leave the wax on overnight and just rub any excess off in the morning. Takes careful application around the evic front face and cooling slots etc, but it's easily done.
Gives the wood a nice feel and protective coating, and dirty fingerprints just wipe of with a damp cloth.
:D

Epicvape makes some also......I have some of all of them except the Stickybrick. Found a great alternative at Home Depot......butcher block conditioner. 8 oz bottle under ten bucks. More viscous than the butters, but works equally well IMHO. Made from food grade mineral oil and beeswax, sit the bottle in a warm water bath, put a little on a microfiber and apply. Soaks in and leaves a nice glow you can buff when cool.

That sounds nice! Are you from the US? I can't find the products you mentioned with shipping from europe. Shipping from US makes it too expensive.
I've considered using come kind of laquer/varnish (don't know the right expression) - have you considered this?
The way doesn't make the wood attract dirt even more or make the wood feel sticky? I definetely need to treat my tubo with some stuff :D.

--------------------
What is that warmup mod ? Are you talking about cruise ?

Warmup Mode is pressing the fire button three times (default settings). It heats up for a few seconds and that's all about it. Well that's how I understood it at least haha.

Had an amazing experience with the Tubo last night. Decided to use a longer stem and it provided a much better experience. The vapor was top notch, not warm at all and I was pleasantly surprise. In addition, it got me to levels that shouldn't be possible with that amount!

Indeed! I've tried the double basket screen methode and it worked like a charm for me. Vapor production was much faster and bigger than before. I put just under 0.1 g in it - don't know how much exactly as my scale struggles with amounts that tiny - put it lasted for a evening before bed and even the next day I could do a small session with the same stuff. I don't know how it worked with that tiny amount but I was really amazed.

Do you guys know where to buy those basket screens? I really do like them and I'd feel better to have a few in spare. I've found this on ebay, they're for the Arizers though so I'm not sure if they would fit.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention.
The Tubo Evic Dual looks incredibly good! I'm already considering getting one of these when they'll be available - even though I just got my Single battery tubo since a few days. Vats or how do you call it? :D I don't even find the battery life that bad as I'm still with my first 30Q after 4-5 cruise sessions, 15 % now so time to swap.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Pics of my tubox

cGQzWU4.jpg

This is with a evic dual with 1 battery. Brought some blue 25mm velcro and used epoxy to stick it down. Works a treat - better than expected.

Took this out on a night out. Everyone loved it. So far regulated vapor is better than my v1 milaana. Smoother in general, taste is also better.

Whole thing is only just pocket sized. Would be better if the cable came out of the connector at 90 degrees. Overall glad i sold my Milaana for this. Still think the splinter will be better. We shall see......

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Coils,should never be glowing because you can damage the heater.. Check if your cold resistance written on the door corresponds to the setting. If set right you can;t see a glow even at 260C.

When the Tubo first arrived, "warm up" mode would last at least 8 or 9 seconds, and I could visibly see a red glow by looking through the side slits. This was without tweaking anything in the software at all. To reiterate, I'm not getting no warm up upon "warm up mode," which is evident from sticking my finger near the heater. Nothing.

Also never re-install software when tubo heater is hot ,because it messes up with the resistance value.

The Tubo may have been warm when I did this. Should I re-install again?

Abysmal Vapor

When the Tubo first arrived, "warm up" mode would last at least 8 or 9 seconds, and I could visibly see a red glow by looking through the side slits. This was without tweaking anything in the software at all. To reiterate, I'm not getting no warm up upon "warm up mode," which is evident from sticking my finger near the heater. Nothing.

The Tubo may have been warm when I did this. Should I re-install again?
Well i am pretty sure that there was something wrong with your TUBO tuning from the beginning . Try lowering the cold resistance value with few numbers until you dont see a red hot glow at 260 C .
Yes try to re-install it while it is not HOT.
Sry i am not familiar with this warm up mode, just cruise and eco levels.
Can you explain where do you select that mode from ,also does anyone else uses this warm up mode,i always thought it is just another ALGO mode like PID and BOOST mode. If it is that you are talking about switch it to PID..
--------------------------
I should have hit refresh before replying.. :D That sticked up TUBOx is hilarious :D ...., maybe someone could try with magnets

Last edited:

Support@lamart

Company Rep
Well i am pretty sure that there was something wrong with your TUBO tuning from the beginning . Try lowering the cold resistance value with few numbers until you dont see a red hot glow at 260 C .
Yes try to re-install it while it is not HOT.
Sry i am not familiar with this warm up mode, just cruise and eco levels.
Can you explain where do you select that mode from ,also does anyone else uses this warm up mode,i always thought it is just another ALGO mode like PID and BOOST mode. If it is that you are talking about switch it to PID..
--------------------------
I should have hit refresh before replying.. :D That sticked up TUBOx is hilarious :D ...., maybe someone could try with magnets
I've got some magnets ready and waiting.. ;) Although looking at @oddjobold 's solution, I'm thinking I could've just.. Ahem.. Stuck with Velcro..

Warmup mode.. Available in the click options from the last 2 firmware updates..methinks. Plenty of discussion around pages 64/65.. It preheats the coils, essentially. :freak:

Abysmal Vapor

I've got some magnets ready and waiting.. ;) Although looking at @oddjobold 's solution, I'm thinking I could've just.. Ahem.. Stuck with Velcro..

Warmup mode.. Available in the click options from the last 2 firmware updates..methinks. Plenty of discussion around pages 64/65.. It preheats the coils, essentially. :freak:
I will look into it, but still not getting how that pre-warm is different than just holding the button for a few seconds,it doesnt really makes sense to me ,from what your are saying i guess it just does a
9 seconds cruise.
@Padriano do your coils glow during the pre-warm ? maybe it is somekind of agressive warm up.
------------------------------
Edited now i get it , but i still think that coil shouldnt be glowing even at 260 C ,i still think you need to lower your resistance value @sk8man121 . I;ve talk about with FJ and remember clearly that there should be no glow. @funkyjunky Please correct me if i am wrong though :))

I'm sure you read FJ's explanation that will it will heat to 245C until the wattage drops to a certain level. So, there is no need to manually raise the temperature to pre-heat, thus no need to lower it again before starting Cruise.

Just a convenience if you've been pre-heating already, but a game-changer if you haven't, as you'll more consistently get good vapor volume much quicker. I also like that I don't have to remember what temperature I last used on a partially-vaped stem.

Last edited:

DolfLun

So while I got my Tubo a few months ago I did not get around to testing it out until this week.

I believe the unit is functioning correctly but I can’t seem to find any complete guidance videos (the way you can with a high production vape with reviews from the big guys) but this is fine, I love it all the same - I read the faq’s and watch videos but a few items were missing

- I’m pretty sure medium grind, vacuum into bowl by sucking into bowl, pack loosely?

- I’ve tried temps from 320 to 390 (not using water)

My vapor isn’t visible and this makes me think something isn’t perfect, also while it’s being vaped a little, I can’t seem to get the bowl to a color that matches what the davinci ived used had when a bowl was done.

Any thoughts? I’m def trying to take long even pulls - and it’s working “ok” in terms of high but it’s super micro dose which is fun, is this normal?

Last edited:

Support@lamart

Company Rep
I will look into it, but still not getting how that pre-warm is different than just holding the button for a few seconds,it doesnt really makes sense to me ,from what your are saying i guess it just does a
9 seconds cruise.
@Padriano do your coils glow during the pre-warm ? maybe it is somekind of agressive warm up.
------------------------------
Edited now i get it , but i still think that coil shouldnt be glowing even at 260 C ,i still think you need to lower your resistance value @sk8man121 . I;ve talk about with FJ and remember clearly that there should be no glow. @funkyjunky Please correct me if i am wrong though :))
I get glow. And the resistance value is correct..(edit.. Hasn't changed from the original specified value) Sorry!

Support@lamart,
Reactions: funkyjunky

little maggie

So while I got my Tubo a few months ago I did not get around to testing it out until this week.

I believe the unit is functioning correctly but I can’t seem to find any complete guidance videos (they way you can with a high production vape with reviews from the big guys) but this is fine, I love it all the same - I read the faq’s and watch videos but a few items were missing

- I’m pretty sure medium grind, vacuum into bowl by sucking into bowl, pack loosely?

- I’ve tried temps from 320 to 390 (not using water)

My vapor isn’t visible and this makes me think something isn’t perfect, also while it’s being vaped a little, I can’t seem to get the bowl to a color that matches what the davinci ived used had when a bowl was done.

Any thoughts? I’m def trying to take long even pulls - and it’s working “ok” in terms of high but it’s super micro dose which is fun, is this normal?
Are you using it in cruise or just on demand? I haven't found that it takes much precision re loading or draws to get clouds.

Top Bottom