sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
@duff Thanks to a boatload of suggestions and the help of a random number generator, the 2017 lineup for my 6th Annual Horror Binge is:

1. The Wailing (2016)
2. Dead Alive (1992)
3. The Void (2016)
4. Eyes of My Mother (2016)
5. Carnival of Souls (1962)
6. Cube (1997)
7. The Girl with All the Gifts (2016)
8. Raw (2017)
9. Motel Hell (1980)
10. The Nightmare (2015)

little maggie

I'm having trouble keeping up. I know there was talk about a 2 battery model that was different than the one I've seen recently with 2 separate components. Which one are people ordering.

Also for new users- I know the whip doesn't come automatically anymore but it does help cool down the tubo quite a bit. Other whips should work even if they aren't as attractive.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I'm having trouble keeping up. I know there was talk about a 2 battery model that was different than the one I've seen recently with 2 separate components. Which one are people ordering.

Also for new users- I know the whip doesn't come automatically anymore but it does help cool down the tubo quite a bit. Other whips should work even if they aren't as attractive.
The Dual battery version is like the OG TUBO (2 in 1 ) and it is based on EVIC VTC DUAL which a two battery mod..
The one with the heater separated is the TUBOx which can be used with various mods (which you supply on your own),i have mine hooked with a WismecRX300 which is a quad battery mod. :)

Gray Area

Love the power adapter @Prolusio was showing off, great look that fits with everything else. I'm debating between going after the 2 battery model or a power adapter. I keep thinking I'll probably end up with both eventually anyway.

Also I'm looking forward to trying out the new firmware, I haven't updated in awhile.

I still need to update to the last firmware ver too :doh: had completely forgotten about it tbh. I think you're right though, I've just ordered a PA myself and will have a dual ver just as soon as they're available...

after 1 month + of using the tubo i found out that the BEST temperature setting is 215 on cruise mode.

I was using at 230c but the abv was turning black. This thing ROCKS

Sounds about right. My range is 210-225C depending on mood :D

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
So I finally got my tubo in poplar/red. Big Thanks again @funkyjunky for thist fast and easy delivery.
I really am amazed how good it looks in reality. Sure I had some expactions as I've seen it so many times on pictures here in this thread, but seeing it in reality is a different thing. It really IS smaller than I expected although most people already mentioned the same thing.
It looks and feels really nice - I love the smell and feel of the wood but I'm kinda afraid of letting it get dirty too soon, the wood just feels like it wants to attract dirt. I also like how the battery cover is made with magnets. Only thing bothering me a little bit is that my screen has some minor scratches on it. But they're just slightly visible and I'm very picky when it comes to scratches so nvm that. All in all i really like the look and build quality, it's really something different.

Mine came with the bend mouthpiece, water adapter and the usual accessories. Some kind of tube with a glass mouthpiece was also included. What's this especially for? It has a plastic taste but I haven't used it in action yet.
The worst thing was that I had to wait for my batteries to charge before I could turn it on. Took some time. Samsung 25R from Amazon, I hope they're original.
Well when everything was ready I just followed the manual. I put about 0.1 g in the end of the mouth piece and closed with the basket screen. Question here: How small can i micro dose with the tubo? And what's the best tactics for that? I've saw somewhere in the thread how to make some kind of small bowl with two basket screens.

When I first turned the device on everything seems quite complicated. So many numbers to see and options to chose. As I'm coming from a device with no display this is definitely different. I explored the menu and set the few settings I understood to my liking. That really wasn't too much - most important thing was to flip the display (had to look that up in the thread here - maybe would be nice to include that into the manual?).
So I set temperature to 180°C, as this was the temperature I was used to with my storm, and started to heat the device up. First draw was very unspectacular, no vapor, no flavor, nothing - I think I didn't heat it up long enough. For the second draw I hold the fire button a bit longer and I realized a very clean and strong flavor, more than I was used to, but still no vapor. So I kept going for 5-6 more draws before vapor was produced.
I then accidentally started cruise mode at default settings. Vapor production was much more satisfactory this way. On each draw I had some nice clouds. Then my battery was low as I started with only 50 % capacity left.

Well so far my very first impressions on the tubo evic. I have only used it once with a small amount of herbs so I can't really tell much, but I'll definately change that in the future. So far I like the small device but I think there's still plenty to learn and improve in settings and technique.
First of all I'll need to understand all the terms used in the menu. My default coil is set at 0.206 - I better don't change that, right?
What does the TCR 185 M1 in the very first line mean?
Does it harm the device or battery in any way if I turn the evic on and off too often? How is the battery drain in idle, meaning when it's on but I'm not drawing?
I'm asking as I've like to take a draw every few minutes over maybe half an hour (or until the load is cooked). How many draws do you guys take for a load of about 0.1g? I had surprisingly more draws than expected until the flavor became not enjoyable anymore. Maybe around 15? Seems so many for just 0.1g to me. But as mentioned I don't have much experience in vaping at all.

Edit: Well I forgot one thing. I do like the bent mouth piece but the vapor gets hot after a while forcing me to cough a few times. Therefore I'd like to try some kind of bubbler.
I was looking at the ddaves cooler for the tubo at 25 $. That's a reasonable price but the shipping to Europe would also be 15 $ if I remember well + the vat I'd have to pay then. That makes the whole thing a bit less attractive.
I do have the 14mm wpa. Do you guys have any recommendations for a bubbler availaible in Europe fitting on my tubo? I'm not looking into something big as a bong, I'd prefer something more handy that fits inside a drawer.

Vapefiend has some stuff here that might work. Hitting it dry would cool considerably.

Also if you have a Hydrobrick Maxx mouthpiece laying around I highly recommend anyone with a Tubo or Milaana try it. Super smooth and no heat for me.

I'm a horror movie nerd. What's on tap?

George with @VapeFiend.com also revealed in his Milaana review vid that he is gonna have an 18mm vapor cooler up for grabs in a few weeks. So keep an eye on that! :)

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
12 hours with the Tubo so far and I am beyond impressed. How does everyone prefer to run this thing through water vs. native?

One question: is it safe beyond any reasonable doubts to keep the battery in the unit at all times? I've made a habit of removing 18650s from my firewood/mistvape touch (and even batteries in my grasshopper) after each use "just in case" and was wondering if the evic is a different story.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Can anyone tell me how different the birch and poplar is in person? Looking at the computer images they look almost the same?
Birch is hard , poplar is soft ,therefore easier to scar,but i think it is better choice for the colored versions,because paint penetrates deeper into the less dense material.
@sk8man121 There is no problem holding the battery inside all the time. TUBO is smart and has various protections ;) And i use mine with water all the time,but that is due to my overall habits.

almost there

Birch is hard , poplar is soft ,therefore easier to scar,but i think it is better choice for the colored versions,because paint penetrates deeper into the less dense material.
@sk8man121 There is no problem holding the battery inside all the time. TUBO is smart and has various protections ;) And i use mine with water all the time,but that is due to my overall habits.
Thanks so much, I love shopping for a new vape. All the little side research and choosing all the little accessories, it's honestly more fun than when the vape arrives because then the journey is over. Anyone like using their 18mm Milaana stems with the Tubo or are the narrower stems preferred?

edit-the tubo uses falt top batteries right? Sorry for the silly question but just don't want any set backs by making a stupid mistake

Last edited:

Gray Area

Thanks so much, I love shopping for a new vape. All the little side research and choosing all the little accessories, it's honestly more fun than when the vape arrives because then the journey is over. Anyone like using their 18mm Milaana stems with the Tubo or are the narrower stems preferred?

I only use the short 18mm milaana stems in my Tubo. Prefer them to the narrower ones :nod:

little maggie

I'm going to order the double just because I know that it will be great given its creator. But can someone tell me the pros of the double vs the single?

I would have been tempted to buy the flowercap or pot thing that everyone is enamored with but it apparently isn't great for shaking hands and I'm already enamored with the tubo.

Likun

@frosty Always charge the batteries full before first use,otherwise you might fuck up there capacity i think..
Try cruising for 20-30 seconds and then start pulling. As mentioned temp is calculated based on change in resistance and the set cold coil resistance which in your case is 207,so if that number is increased when set 180C with get hotter..,i hope you understand that there is no TRUE measure like with thermoprobe/thermistor but it is calculated via algorithm ,and some tweaking might get things pretty close to reality . Also with the storm being conduction ,temps in chamber and herb are pretty close, while with the TUBO u get the temperature of the COILS not the herb.. So with convection it takes some time for heat to transfer from air to the bowl.. ,you can short that time by increasing the temp. I dont suggest messing with the settings of the cold coil resistance but rather bump things up 200 C and see if you get more satisfactory results..
-------------------
As for water filtration,i suggest that you get something from a local headshop ,or if you are find with waiting directly from DHgate and ask the seller to declare it under below customs limits (which is 14$ where i am.) .

Thanks for the advice, it's too late for those 25R though - used both at around 50 % first charge because I was too hyped to try the tubo. But not a big problem as have 2x 30Q und 2x VTC6 arriving next week :).
Local headshop didn't work well, I couldn't find anything I was looking for.

Vapefiend has some stuff here that might work. Hitting it dry would cool considerably.

Also if you have a Hydrobrick Maxx mouthpiece laying around I highly recommend anyone with a Tubo or Milaana try it. Super smooth and no heat for me.

I'm looking around at dhgate found something like this https://www.dhgate.com/product/mouthpiece-stem-water-bubbler-14mm-with-glass/393988277.html#ctabBox.
Also found something similar in a german shop https://www.namastevapes.de/products/vtubewatertool and https://www.vapowelt.de/Tragbare-Vaporizer/Arizer-Solo/AquaVape-Wasserfilter::1367.html. Those look very similar to the vapefiend cooler. Does anybody have experience with something like that?

Damn, if I had known that before. I'm quite satisfied with my poplar uncolored tubo, only thing I'd prefer would be a little harder wood. The poplar feels soo soft, I always have the feeling that it'll soak up all the sweat from my hands. But nvm - maybe in the future when it's time for another one :D.

Last edited:

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
I just went to clean the stem for the tubo and noticed that I may be packing this thing incorrectly. I've been packing the screen closest to the heater, and didn't realize that it can come out and that there's another screen under it. Is the correct way to pack this by sandwiching the material between the two screens? I've been getting scorching on the bottom of the load, and I think it's because there isn't a screen between it and the heater.

Gray Area

I just went to clean the stem for the tubo and noticed that I may be packing this thing incorrectly. I've been packing the screen closest to the heater, and didn't realize that it can come out and that there's another screen under it. Is the correct way to pack this by sandwiching the material between the two screens? I've been getting scorching on the bottom of the load, and I think it's because there isn't a screen between it and the heater.

You can do it either way; just the small basket screen or sandwiched between the two (or even just into the glass joint, without the basket screen to cap it at all). No right or wrong, just whatever you prefer...

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Are there any Duals out there yet? I’d love to see some pics and reviews!

@funkyjunky sent me this video. Hope he doesn't mind me reposting it here.

I ordered but my only point of clarification was if it came with both the single battery door and the dual battery door? Not a show stopper either way since I already own the single battery Tubo but would be great to have choices. I plan on keeping one unit in the car for road work and the other at home. Same setup as I have with my Milaana.

And yes @little maggie is right. No more whip in the standard package but I think I'm going get one anyway. I bought my first Tubo used and while it came with a kick ass @Ed's TnT wood stem, it did not come with a whip or stir stick. So I asked to get both with my second Tubo.

sickmanfraud

Thanks for the advice, it's too late for those 25R though - used both at around 50 % first charge because I was too hyped to try the tubo. But not a big problem as have 2x 30Q und 2x VTC6 arriving next week :).
Local headshop didn't work well, I couldn't find anything I was looking for.

I'm looking around at dhgate found something like this https://www.dhgate.com/product/mouthpiece-stem-water-bubbler-14mm-with-glass/393988277.html#ctabBox.
Also found something similar in a german shop https://www.namastevapes.de/products/vtubewatertool and https://www.vapowelt.de/Tragbare-Vaporizer/Arizer-Solo/AquaVape-Wasserfilter::1367.html. Those look very similar to the vapefiend cooler. Does anybody have experience with something like that?

Damn, if I had known that before. I'm quite satisfied with my poplar uncolored tubo, only thing I'd prefer would be a little harder wood. The poplar feels soo soft, I always have the feeling that it'll soak up all the sweat from my hands. But nvm - maybe in the future when it's time for another one :D.

I followed your links and none of the things you looked at is compatible with a Tubo without a GONG or SONG (two types of connections) from your Tubo to the water cooler.

I suggest you look at Ddavemods.com @DDave has some great solutions to cool hot vapor.

jay87

Just got my Tubo and I've used it a handful of times.

I'm extremely impressed, the Tubo evic is the real deal. Build quality is superb, performance is also top of the list. On-demand convection, temp controlled, optional session mode, it checks all the boxes.

The Tubo's flavor, vapor quality, and vapor production are all the new bar for me.

The vapor is warm due to the close heating element, but it's so flavorful, powerful, and pure.

I love that I can see the entire heater and vapor path, I've got 0 concerns about any of the materials used.

I've gotta use it more to come up with more concrete descriptions but I know when I want quality flavor and hard hitting effects the Tubo is my go to now.

I think I can call this the best dry herb portable I've ever had, and I really don't think it's that close. :clap:

shaolinmilk

I've had the tubo for about a week now and if I were to make a comparison in terms of vapor quality, it would be in the same ball park as the grasshopper. The vapor is definitely hotter than some higher end vaporizers, and the flavor I feel is great, but not top notch.

There is literally no draw resistance, and sometimes I wonder if it will be better with slightly more resistance. The vapor is pretty potent and I can get more high off the tubo than most of my vaporizers.

Right now with my limited use, it deserves a spot in my rotation, however I definitely do not feel like it's a portable EVO like someone said and is more comparable to the grasshopper (grasshopper has it beat on flavor, however the tubo can get you more stoned).

kuzko

@funkyjunky sent me this video. Hope he doesn't mind me reposting it here.

I ordered but my only point of clarification was if it came with both the single battery door and the dual battery door? Not a show stopper either way since I already own the single battery Tubo but would be great to have choices. I plan on keeping one unit in the car for road work and the other at home. Same setup as I have with my Milaana.

And yes @little maggie is right. No more whip in the standard package but I think I'm going get one anyway. I bought my first Tubo used and while it came with a kick ass @Ed's TnT wood stem, it did not come with a whip or stir stick. So I asked to get both with my second Tubo.

Wow, that’s cool. The Dual has a double meaning, it’s a 2 battery model but also has both a single and double battery capability.

little maggie

Alan (from TT) has made some beautiful wood stems that work with my tubo and water. And also work with his products. I wish I was good at pictures because they are beautiful.

If you're buying a whip I recommend asking for a longer one instead of the standard size. Just a bit easier if you're also using a bubbler.

Gray Area

I'm quite satisfied with my poplar uncolored tubo, only thing I'd prefer would be a little harder wood. The poplar feels soo soft, I always have the feeling that it'll soak up all the sweat from my hands. But nvm - maybe in the future when it's time for another one :D.

I got bare poplar too, and love the feel of the soft wood in the hand... but, I know exactly what you mean about it soaking up the sweat from your hands. It is a bit of a dirt magnet.

What I've been doing is to give it a regular rub down with some of Ed's bomb ass butter, a beeswax/oil mix he sells for the wooden stems and logs he makes (underdog and sticky bricks do a similar product - there's probably others).

I'll wait till after a cruise or two, while the wood's warm, then give it a good coating of the wax. Usually I do this at the end of the evening and leave the wax on overnight and just rub any excess off in the morning. Takes careful application around the evic front face and cooling slots etc, but it's easily done.
Gives the wood a nice feel and protective coating, and dirty fingerprints just wipe of with a damp cloth.
:D

mucsusn

60 going on 20
What I've been doing is to give it a regular rub down with some of Ed's bomb ass butter, a beeswax/oil mix he sells for the wooden stems and logs he makes (underdog and sticky bricks do a similar product - there's probably others).
Epicvape makes some also......I have some of all of them except the Stickybrick. Found a great alternative at Home Depot......butcher block conditioner. 8 oz bottle under ten bucks. More viscous than the butters, but works equally well IMHO. Made from food grade mineral oil and beeswax, sit the bottle in a warm water bath, put a little on a microfiber and apply. Soaks in and leaves a nice glow you can buff when cool.

Top Bottom