MonkeyTime

I love this, how many places can you mention that you might be running cool and get not only no pushback, but a do it yourselfsolution. I can't wait for my TuboX!

Speaking of, is there a dedicated thread for that one? Most days I'm lucky to keep up with what I follow, much less looking for new stuff!

Tubo on my friends :tup:

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
@KeroZen and @funkyjunky I have not noticed any change in the resistance or changed it myself. It could just be in my head. It's been running just like day one, besides the slight coolong, so I wasn't sure what could be the issue. I'm still able to get full extraction to the point I want and it's still just as flavorful at lower temperatures with the same vapor production.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there a list for the new double battery? If so, please add my name. I seem to keep missing preorders of products that I want.

Also the MVT has a wood water adapter. I'd love one of these for my tubo. Any ideas where I can get a wood stem for an 18mm?

Alan can make that for you, you don't have any for your Milaana and Zion yet? Same thing

RelaxedNow

Gotta say.....been several months and still absolutely love my Tubo!! This thing rips....

Easiest clouds you ever did see....

Seriously awesome device and not sure anything can replace it at this point...

:rockon:

.......except the Dual (EDIT: ok, not actually available "at this point"). I love my Tubo, but I'm really looking forward to the new unit.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
What I'd like would be a Tubo510 atty, without the mod part, and able to work in TC mode. :tup:
That is the tuboX but , final version is the one on the right,itwont have that connection (wooden thingie) in middle of the cable. :)
lBQoqfp.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What I'd like would be a Tubo510 atty, without the mod part, and able to work in TC mode. :tup:

Bingo. I'm really surprised at how long it's taken for this wonderful 510 system to be adopted, from a designers perspective it's fantastic, since it eliminates a lot of superficial designing, and allows one to focus entirely on designing a great vaporizer.

Abysmal Vapor

Why the cable? Could the heater unit not be attached without it?

It seems this makes it a two-handed device. How am I gonna hold my beer?
The cable on the tubo X was meant to make bong use easier,so you dont have a 4 battery mod hanging on your pipe. Anyway i think that one hand use is still possible u can always strap it together or attach it via magnet or something like that.
I am pretty sure direct connection can still be figured out easy by FJ if anyone demands it,but if stacked on top of a mod thing will get pretty long given the size of the tubo atty.. :)
Actually i was the one that proposed the cable connection cause i was inspired by this failed to be released product.. :)..
CqlhN9UVUAA_Wmt.jpg

Here is a video of operation of the tubo X . https://www.instagram.com/p/BXUiAGUgMgT/

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah, no, this is crap for me! I don't do bongs or any other kind of mass destruction weapons...

Damn, you guys on this forum can't help to try to make everything work with your elephant lungs! :rofl:

I just want a 510 tubo heater to screw on my mods, like the Splinter and iHeat. I don't want to look like the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland either, thank you. :cool:

Bonus points if it fits inside my SBS mod.

Abysmal Vapor

Yeah, no, this is crap for me! I don't do bongs or any other kind of mass destruction weapons...

Damn, you guys on this forum can't help to try to make everything work with your elephant lungs! :rofl:

I just want a 510 tubo heater to screw on my mods, like the Splinter and iHeat. I don't want to look like the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland either, thank you. :cool:

Bonus points if it fits inside my SBS mod.
Well i think you will have hard time fitting the current tubo heater in atty so small to fit in the SBS mod.
The atomizer itself consists of one cyclon bowl/18 female to 18 female adapter,which alone has OD of about 25mm without the wood encasement :)..with it it is probably about 30mm x 30mm x 90mm (tall) So you can forget about it having the same stealth factor as your DIY atomizer with SBS mod .
Also already said if stacked vertically on top of a mod it will make total length of around 20cm or something around that.. may'be if it is place horizontally you can save about 6-7 cm ,but then it might be a bit unergonomic sucking the stem from the side. :))
I am sorry that tubo doesnt suit your needs ,but it is what it is designed to be - A hard hitting convection portable , with no compromises on performance ,at the cost of not so stealthy look and increased appetite for battery juice. Sipping and long sessions are still possible,but IMO quick ,robust extraction is where the Tubo shines ,i can't imagine having any of the hits it delivers me without water filtration,otherwise i would cough my brains out... I would be like taking a big dab on a small glass pipe.

Edited,
Here is the horizontal shaped prototype .
l8SNHvY.png

Last edited:

little maggie

Two things: I'm confused- is this the 2 battery tubo? If so I'm going to stay with my original one.
But
Alan reminded me that I have a beautiful wood stem that works with both 18 and 14mm vapes. I haven't used the milaana in a while so I forgot about it. I tried it with the tubo yesterday and it's perfect. My bubbler needs a 14 mm male stem so it works with that as well.

RelaxedNow

The cable on the tubo X was meant to make bong use easier,so you dont have a 4 battery mod hanging on your pipe. Anyway i think that one hand use is still possible u can always strap it together or attach it via magnet or something like that.
I am pretty sure direct connection can still be figured out easy by FJ if anyone demands it,but if stacked on top of a mod thing will get pretty long given the size of the tubo atty.. :)
Actually i was the one that proposed the cable connection cause i was inspired by this failed to be released product.. :)..
CqlhN9UVUAA_Wmt.jpg

Here is a video of operation of the tubo X . https://www.instagram.com/p/BXUiAGUgMgT/

I understand now. It won't work for me, but the design makes perfect sense for its intended purpose.

The issue for me is I come from a time and career in which it was necessary to be discreet. Thus, leaving glass on the coffee table was awkward at best. Plus, I hate messing with filling, draining, sometimes spilling, and worrying about breakage when I get clumsy.

And that, my friends, sums up my First World problem of the day. :lol: Definitely looking forward to the Dual though.

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Im just taking a break after 3 weeks of daily use and can also confirm that this thing is really medicating :ko:
I mostly use it with the cooling stem from @DDave or the DIY cooler like the one from @Abysmal Vapor.
Maybe I should experiment with lower temps again and try the bent stem but currently this works well.
In groups the Tubo can get hot pretty fast but for ~3 people everyone can enjoy the breaks freshly baked ^^

Microdosing and stemfilling both work well but a full stem should be stirred or even the first layer removed subsequently when dark.

It's so great to relax and watch the 3D objects on the screensaver. :love:

I really can recommend the Tubo for vape-newbies @Frostflower. ;)

RelaxedNow

Shortly after I posted last night that I worry about breaking glass pieces, my wife picked up my Tubo and the bent stem fell onto a tile floor and shattered. :( Fortunately, I have another bent, as well as short and long straight stems, and a DDave Cooler. It's all good, but the irony is notable. :)

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
:uhoh:

I should have stayed away.
Too many recommendations in all those "which one" threads to not take notice.
Now this Oxide Black on Black unit I've dubbed K-2SO will be heading in my general direction. :rockon:

otYKLAE.jpg

Cue the Tom Petty.....
Thanks FC for showing me more cool stuff. Bunch of enablers. ;) Your all awesome.
This VAS thing does weaken, right? :uhoh:

Top Bottom