little maggie

tubo vtc dual is the 2 battery one @little maggie - tubo-x is pretty much exactly like a splinter, except it's a tubo rather than a rbt heater
Thanks. I'm going to skip that one then. I'm going to get a splinter but what I like about the tubo is that it's all put together for me and I don't have to deal with figuring out boxes. There's only so much information one brain needs to learn.

little maggie

eh, no sense in getting the tubo-x anyway if you already have a tubo, at least imo.

very keen on the tubo dual though, even with the new update (not that battery life is bad w new update! just always want moreeee!)
Agree- already love how flexible the tubo is with a choice of cruise mode or on demand. Adding the option of one or two batteries just adds another layer of flexibility. Even though I confess I'm not sure yet when I would choose 1 vs 2 batteries.

sickmanfraud

I have a Tubo battery question/comment.

I have an Efest Luc 4 charger.

Whenever I take a "full" battery and put in myTubo it is NEVER full 4.2 V. Usually 4.18-4.16.

the only other 18650 powered vape I have with a digital battery indicator is my Vivant Alternate which always shows 100 % with a fresh battery.

For informational purposes I am using LG HG 2 batteries that have been in rotation for about 4 months and get recharged 1 to 3 times a week.

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
That sounds about right. 4.2v charged only stays that way for a short while. I can charge to 4.2v in a charger and then see 4.18v after immediately putting it in the tubo or another mod.

The measurements between your tubo and charger can be off by a little bit too. I have one vtwo mini I use for dabbing, and the battery always says 4.25v when fully charged through the mod?

Hmm, i didnt think an 18650 went that high? overcharging? Volt meter on the mod is off? A good case for battery volt offset?

If you charge to 4.2v and use it days later, it will drop some charge too. That's why some people say to charge to 90% if youre gonna store the battery for while

The vivant is not as precise in defining 100% full aparently

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
this is what the option in 'menu>expert>BVO' is for. stands for battery voltage offset. if you want the tubo to display the same charge the charger has determined, you can adjust it in this menu.
please dont make any funny stuff here. when in the menu the bottom line displays the new voltage the tubo reads, make it so that it corresponds to the charge of the charger.

eh, no sense in getting the tubo-x anyway if you already have a tubo, at least imo.

very keen on the tubo dual though, even with the new update (not that battery life is bad w new update! just always want moreeee!)
weeell, you can go nuts and connect it to a 3 or 4 battery mod :D
in usage i think its more like a log, not so compact/portable on the go. but interesting to use dry, since you have only a very light piece to hold.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The cell resting voltage is determined mostly by its age (but also by how low in mA your charger cuts during the CV phase) 4.2V being only the standard voltage it's charged to.

New cells might rest at 4.2V for a while. Some don't, apparently it depends on the precise chemistry also.

But then as the aging process takes place, the cell gains what is easiest to describe as "voltage elasticity". I think it can mostly be explained just by the increase in internal resistance. The effect is that as soon as you draw from the cell, the voltage sags more and more, and when you remove the load is climbs back to the resting voltage.

Interestingly the effect also does the same in the other direction: with old cells, as soon as you apply charge the voltage will rise really fast then stabilize. When it reaches 4.2V and you remove the charge, it then drop backs to a much lower resting voltage.

I have some pretty bad battery packs that are completely unusable and when I put them on the charger they reach 4.2V/cell suspiciously too fast, and as soon as I remove them they fall back to 3.99V/cell. I don't recall how much they sag under load, it's equally dramatic if not more, but the net result is that you get a very narrow voltage band in practice.

That's how the diminishing charge capacity materializes.

RelaxedNow

Agree- already love how flexible the tubo is with a choice of cruise mode or on demand. Adding the option of one or two batteries just adds another layer of flexibility. Even though I confess I'm not sure yet when I would choose 1 vs 2 batteries.

@little maggie, it's my understanding that batteries in a 2-battery device are supposed to be paired upon first use and must remain paired. That being the case, 1-battery configuration would allow us to use all of the 18650's we currently have in rotation.

luke00978

If one were to use a standalone VTC Dual with a TuboX, would they be able to hot swap it for a dedicated concentrate atomizer while still running the custom firmware?

i doubt it the tubo fw is designed to run the tubo heater, just like a sony bios wont work on my lenovo laptop i assume only the tubo heater will work with the tubo heater firmware, just a guess tho wait for funky to confirm

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@luke00978 : myevic is compatible with a list of devices including the joyetech evic VTC dual. As I answered above, yes it will work. We also use this firmware (spare FJ's modifications) in other places here (Project, BULLI, Divine Tribe)

luke00978

@luke00978 : myevic is compatible with a list of devices including the joyetech evic VTC dual. As I answered above, yes it will work. We also use this firmware (spare FJ's modifications) in other places here (Project, BULLI, Divine Tribe)

so if i were to screw a wax atty onto an evic with fj firmware it will just work ? doesnt matter what kind of atomizer, what resistance coil or anything like that?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
so if i were to screw a wax atty onto an evic with fj firmware it will just work ? doesnt matter what kind of atomizer, what resistance coil or anything like that?
Yes :) ! I just dont suggest you enter cruise mod while this happens, probably you would have to switch to wattage control instead of TC :).

luke00978

Yes :) ! I just dont suggest you enter cruise mod while this happens, probably you would have to switch to wattage control instead of TC :).

thats where i was confused, ofcourse you can run any device in watt mode as long as you use the correct watts for the device, i was assuming the poster meant using it in tc mode as he would use the tubo-x, which wouldnt be possible because each tubo is calibrated to the resistance of the coil so it knows how many watts to use, for example in the videos where vape. dr is using the splinter in cruise, did he set the resistance to the resistance of the splinters heater?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
yes @KeroZen is correct, the tubomyevic firmware can run everything that is mounted on the 510 connection.

you are correct as well @luke00978, one could not simply screw on another atomizer, push the button and expect things to work right away.

however not much manipulation is needed.
the firmware already supports profiles. hold fire & '+' for 2 seconds to get to the selection. the first one is the tubo configuration. select another one (up to 5) and make the configuration for the wax atomizer or ecigtank. temp controlled or power mode, it doesnt matter. but of course the resistance needs to be adjusted/determined for temp control to display correct temps (i do this for you for tubo products).
then you just have to change profile according to what is screwed on.

we still dont have official confirmation wether the splinter is working in temp control or not. in the video posted he is using cruise mode in power mode. as far as i know (atm) no other firmware than tubomyevic can do cruise mode in tc or power mode.
that aside you will be able to hot swap it with a tubox/divine tribe atty/ecigstuff all on the same mod. after all this is the beauty of this modular approach.

and now a little disclaimer:
be catious when using cruise with nontubo products and especially when in power mode. start with short cruise times.

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
@little maggie i will contact ppl on the list (including you) in about 1.5 months to plan the dual tubo batch.

if you or anyone wants to think already about it:
eVic_VTC_Dual_01.png

edit, this pic represents the colors better:

original-joyetech-evic-vtc-dual-mod-75w-150w.jpg

these will be the available colors for inside.
for outside i have the same woods as for the tubo evic; beech, birch and poplar. coloring of the poplar is possible with the colors i showed (or talk to me for custom wishes, maybe we can work something out).

Last edited:

virtualpurple

I'm torn, I want to download the latest firmware but I'm not super computer savvy.

Cruise mode has single handedly set it apart from others in the pack. I have the Zion and I am finding myself reaching for the tubo as often as the Zion.

I would have never pegged that the cruise control would be what keeps dragging me back, but it is.

Also, people, can we just talk about the whole nug experience with the tubo? @stickstones im sure you can advocate for this as well. I find the tubo to be so great at fully extracting that I am sometimes not even bothering to crumble my nug at all. Normally I crumble from whole nugs after a few draws but not necessary here!

The only thing I'm wishing for now is an 18m/14m adapter that has the same ID as RBTs stems. I find that I am having to constantly nudge my screens back into position. Does anyone have any suggestions for stems or screens? I'm trying to stay rimless if I can help it.

@funkyjunky can you add me to that list as well?

luke00978

I'm torn, I want to download the latest firmware but I'm not super computer savvy.

Cruise mode has single handedly set it apart from others in the pack. I have the Zion and I am finding myself reaching for the tubo as often as the Zion.

I would have never pegged that the cruise control would be what keeps dragging me back, but it is.

Also, people, can we just talk about the whole nug experience with the tubo? @stickstones im sure you can advocate for this as well. I find the tubo to be so great at fully extracting that I am sometimes not even bothering to crumble my nug at all. Normally I crumble from whole nugs after a few draws but not necessary here!

The only thing I'm wishing for now is an 18m/14m adapter that has the same ID as RBTs stems. I find that I am having to constantly nudge my screens back into position. Does anyone have any suggestions for stems or screens? I'm trying to stay rimless if I can help it.

@funkyjunky can you add me to that list as well?

updating is very simple just open the updater find your update file click it and its done ,takes less than minute even with granddad style mouse use

Top Bottom