Prolusio

1. What temps are people finding as the best. I have mine set at 360 but when I got out my milaana to use with the whip after not using for a while it required less effort and was more powerful. My tubo must be set too low.
2. What is NFE and what is it used for
3. I know it's unnecessary but I'm curious about all the other features on the menu and what adjustments they make.

I like starting at 190-195C (~375F); I find with cruise I'm able to get nice even browning so I turned the temps down a bit. In on demand mode I usually do around 200C (~390F)

From the site: NFE is "a collection of tools to work with your battery mod, including tools for configuring ArcticFox firmware, device monitoring and firmware update software".

It's a program with more powerful options for examining and programming Ecig mods; like the Evic that the Tubo is built on. You can see lots of neat info about your Tubo like temps and power consumption, with real time graphs while using it. You can update the firmware of course.. Even customize it to make your own firmware and logos for the Tubo/Evic (or a bunch of other mods) if you're particularly tech savvy! It's a very versatile and powerful tool; but not necessary at all for using the Tubo. Just geeky sciencey fun!

I'm not really sure what all the extra settings in the menus do to the Tubo to be honest! I haven't touched much in the Expert, Vaping or Coils sections; they mostly seemed to have pretty specific settings. Screen Clock and Interface all were safe to experiment with though! You can adjust screen brightness, choose screensavers, change to F/C, black screen or invert to white, change the font, flappy bird hidden deep in the depths somewhere :brow:..

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Didn't really think it could be that much better. It is. I am baked.

my man!

Hopefully, it will be replacing my Firewood 4

it did for me. tubo is not nearly as small obviously but really just silly owning things that aren't a tubo if you ask me (with the occasional rare exception)

I usually start at 385~ for a full 240s session, then do a session (or half) at somewhere between 400-425, then I cache the bowl.

I wasn't getting good vapor or much taste at 350. 365 is really the lowest I think I could go

I've only tried shatter dropped on herbs, no hemp fiber or anything yet so can't comment on that... I did however get my new (unchipped) bent stems today!

Oh and I also got tubos butane little cousin, the flam which has been enjoyable today :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
FLAM?! Damn! :o:drool:

Wow y'all start higher than I do, with RBT screens/stems and even that custom screen in the bent stem for microdoses, I am starting around 350 on average, sometimes 330 or 340 even, and I temp step 360 370 380 milking it as much as I can. Only with the ELBs I need to turn it up so high as to start at 380 and go up to a max of 450. I go to 390 400 420 sometimes with the RBT stems/screens too, but yeah I ride those low temps a whole lot... I do still need to start a big one at 380 and ride it (did a 3-4 hitter shallow bowl with that custom screen and bent stem, will share a photo at some point) since that is one of my favorites too, maybe tonight...

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Wait so you are using an actual ELB not just the little basket to cap the joint?

yeah idk. I don't tamp and I don't pack SUPER full I guess... I just suck herb up into the joint until it's like 3/4ths full and then cap it. I try and leave that bit of room so that when I cap it, the mesh isn't compressing the herb... so it's a pretty loose pack I guess. Once it looses some moisture there ends up being plenty of room.

Shit Snacks

Wait so you are using an actual ELB not just the little basket to cap the joint?

yeah idk. I don't tamp and I don't pack SUPER full I guess... I just suck herb up into the joint until it's like 3/4ths full and then cap it. I try and leave that bit of room so that when I cap it, the mesh isn't compressing the herb... so it's a pretty loose pack I guess. Once it looses some moisture there ends up being plenty of room.

Yup yup, haven't even tried the EQ baskets yet, I never much liked em, and I still don't like those metal rims (especially here stealing the heat!) So I am mostly using the RBT screens for better results particularly at low temps. Using two screens also doesn't seem to work as well for me, though I wish it did for cleanliness...

I also don't typically pack very full for or tamp, mostly straw too, some poured in, sometimes shallow bowls sometimes more packed, you don't always know what you'll get with straw method lol And the same thing happens for me with auto tamping as you hit it, like my other stem based convection vapes, I did try tamping a little with Mist tool for tiny loads in a couple bubbler bowls in the male to male with RBT screen, it helps for the shallow custom screen in the bent stem too, small loads go far

I also do tend to stir once or maybe twice in a bowl as I do in the others to help preserve flavor, but it is even less needed here for even extraction thanks to the temp control. It's more like flipping the load bc invariably the top of the load gets cooked slightly more than the bottom

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
@Shit Snacks, are these the screens you're talking about?

screens2-1.JPG

from RBT website, i think that's a "duhh, capt. obvious" question from me. :p

I like these, I also dislike the thick metal rims on the EQ screens, I think I need to try these screens out. I can see that herbs can get sucked into and stuck into the basket/bowl, just like the EQ basket screens, but not having the thicker rim could be better. These screens should work on just about any 18mm male slotted glass, right?

I would like to see a "flat" SS mesh screen that can go into 18mm male glass slots, but if it were too flat, it wouldn't have any structure or springy-ness to hold it in place.

DDave's glass filter stem adapters and concentration chambers have flat "screens", so maybe this is one of the best toppers we can put over the bowls on our tubos? But the holes on these glass screens are too big for me. :\ I'm a big fan of a pretty fine grind, but I might have to try a coarse grind with the glass screen when I get my tubo to try. :)

I guess I'm kind of noobish and un-familiar with many of the vapes that you guys and gals are using, can someone tell me what an ELB is and how / why you want to use it with the tubo? :huh:

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Now that I've upgraded, I'm not sure how to turn it off other than remove the battery. I used to be able to turn it off with clicks.
It think turns off on its own if left idle for a while :)). To stop heating process just press + or - temp.
Cruise mode is a huge upgrade.
1.Full bowl method wasnt really used ,cause cap method delivered better extraction and quicker clouds.Now the scales are equal.
2 Temps are stable and heat is massive even on low temps. I get clouds at 165 C ,tasty flavor no irritation at all. My gf has a sore throat and was staying away from vaping too much,but when she tried 160 to 170 session,she felt almost zero irritation ,and she was coughing her brains out at 185-200 C session.
3. I just got really massive but yet tolerable hits at 195 C from start. Previously i said that this vape kicks like a mule,but now i think it is more of a ninja strike - surprising,fast,accurate debilitating blow ,signature move thought to him by hot air Ninjitsu master - funkyjunky :ninja:.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

screens2-1.JPG

I like these, I also dislike the thick metal rims on the EQ screens, I think I need to try these screens out. I can see that herbs can get sucked into and stuck into the basket/bowl, just like the EQ basket screens, but not having the thicker rim could be better. These screens should work on just about any 18mm male slotted glass, right?

I would like to see a "flat" SS mesh screen that can go into 18mm male glass slots, but if it were too flat, it wouldn't have any structure or springy-ness to hold it in place.

DDave's glass filter stem adapters and concentration chambers have flat "screens", so maybe this is one of the best toppers we can put over the bowls on our tubos? I'm a big fan of a pretty fine grind, but I might have to try a coarse grind with the glass screen when I get my tubo to try. :)

I guess I'm kind of noobish and un-familiar with many of the vapes that you guys and gals are using, can someone tell me what an ELB is and how / why you want to use it with the tubo? :huh:

Easy Load Bowls for the Cloud Evo :tup:

So yes and no, those do look like some of my RBT screens, the early early beta ones, but newer current screens are a little different, I actually have three different versions in fact (aside from the custom rimmed ones RBT made me). They also won't fit all 18mm male joints either unfortunately, only US 22 length like his, it can be a real bitch trying to get even the widest ones to stay in the longer less straight ISO joints, even my various male to male stems are precarious but thankfully had one that kinda works for each stem

I also don't know how you'd get it out of the bent stem, hence why I have to use the ELB there or the custom rimmed RBT screen (which was made for another bent stem he cut for me that I should try in Tubo actually...) So it can be pretty tricky when you're not using the shallow EQ basket screens with the metal rims honestly. @DDave has you form your own as an option too, while @Ratchett actually sells his own 18mm basket screens and screen press too... He should be able to make any size?

I also really really want to try the all glass stem and hope to soon, overall I kinda hate using steel mesh screens, but the RBT screens are some of the best in my experience

RelaxedNow

Now that I've upgraded, I'm not sure how to turn it off other than remove the battery. I used to be able to turn it off with clicks.

When it's in Cruise mode, the fire button is deactivated. If you hit + or -, it'll end Cruise. At that point, you can turn it off with the normal 5 clicks. Of course, that's assuming there's no idiosyncrasy in either of our devices. :)

little maggie

screens2-1.JPG

DDave's glass filter stem adapters and concentration chambers have flat "screens", so maybe this is one of the best toppers we can put over the bowls on our tubos? But the holes on these glass screens are too big for me. :\ I'm a big fan of a pretty fine grind, but I might have to try a coarse grind with the glass screen when I get my tubo to try. :)

You can put a tiny bit of hemp in the bottom of Ddave's adapter if the holes are too large. I don't like a fine grind so I don't have anything that goes through the Ddave glass.

MonkeyTime

Oh yeah, finally caught up on this thread and got my pm! Still can't decide between a Beech or Ultra Marine Blue unit. I'd order both, but that feels kinda greedy in these early days of limited production.

I'm really hoping this fills the hole the GH does when it's working correctly. From everything I've read, it will and then some, very excited!

Now whats this about the Flam? Is this the double battery unit.....I'm not feeling greedy this time.....I'm feeling a hunger!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Oh yeah, finally caught up on this thread and got my pm! Still can't decide between a Beech or Ultra Marine Blue unit. I'd order both, but that feels kinda greedy in these early days of limited production.

I'm really hoping this fills the hole the GH does when it's working correctly. From everything I've read, it will and then some, very excited!

Now whats this about the Flam? Is this the double battery unit.....I'm not feeling greedy this time.....I'm feeling a hunger!
Hey man, yeah, join the party. Why not, having twins is nice! Always have two ;)
The FLAM is a butane powered thingy...something totally different, but also very nice. Have look at the thread that @muunch created (thx! :))

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
@Shit Snacks, the basket screens that I offer are preformed and have a rim. What do you mean by "form your own"?

I think he is referring to the unformed round screens that you send out with instructions on how to cut and fit them inside the stem, on the ledge. (to form the second screen when you are using in capsule mode with the basket screen as the 'lid' if that makes sense.)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I think he is referring to the unformed round screens that you send out with instructions on how to cut and fit them inside the stem, on the ledge. (to form the second screen when you are using in capsule mode with the basket screen as the 'lid' if that makes sense.)
Thanks, now I got it! ( I read baskets in that post and just kept that going... :doh:)

Top Bottom