Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
How are you guys using the basket screens from Amazon that were recommended? When I use them with either my short stem or wpa, the rim of the screen seems to get in the way of the stem making a good connection/seal on the glass joint.
If the stem doesn't fit and you don't want to do what @leveltree described I've used rolling papers to make a stem fit by wrapping a paper around the base of the stem. It's a temporary fix but it works.

Monkeyhouse,
Reactions: an0maly

an0maly

I have noticed that all the glass stems that i got from Lamart are a little long and do not work with basket screens
That's exactly what I've been noticing. Coincidentally, I just today got a RBT XL8R Junior stem in the mail. Fits perfectly on my Tubo Evic with a rimmed basket screen, although it would be better if it were longer. Guess I'll have to wait and see if the full size XL8R ever goes on sale again.

Azn2101

@an0maly with all due credit going to @SloJimFizz for the Pictures about 5 pages back. That looked like they were taken in a studio, awesome camera/camera work :rockon: btw.

So he mentioned that 420 EDC sold them (but they no longer do) but also the conical screens for RBT devices work just as well.

While we're on the topic of basket screens I have one that fits absolutely PERFECT. Blossoms out just a tad at the basket end in the bent stem (opposite end of the rim side) but one is too small for my WPA and WAY too big for my bent stem so it's just kinda kickin' it lol. But I have to ask, do people use the Basket Screens with the WPA in a water piece or just drop it right on the adapter without a top hat screen?

@Monkeyhouse Lovin the New Avatar! =D

Edit: was wondering how well the XL8R Jr. Would feel. Good to know =)

Azn2101,

almost there

@an0maly with all due credit going to @SloJimFizz for the Pictures about 5 pages back. That looked like they were taken in a studio, awesome camera/camera work :rockon: btw.

So he mentioned that 420 EDC sold them (but they no longer do) but also the conical screens for RBT devices work just as well.

While we're on the topic of basket screens I have one that fits absolutely PERFECT. Blossoms out just a tad at the basket end in the bent stem (opposite end of the rim side) but one is too small for my WPA and WAY too big for my bent stem so it's just kinda kickin' it lol. But I have to ask, do people use the Basket Screens with the WPA in a water piece or just drop it right on the adapter without a top hat screen?

@Monkeyhouse Lovin the New Avatar! =D

Edit: was wondering how well the XL8R Jr. Would feel. Good to know =)
I don’t use the basket on top of the wpa when I joint pack, really no point inverted. I use a xl8r jr with the tubo sometimes and it’s fantastic, in all honesty all my stems work really well in their own way so I usually just reach for what’s closest and clean. I have notice the spikes in the xl8r reduce the amount of tickling in my throat but the A-maze does that just as well.

@an0maly I’m sorry those screens didn’t work out, if you have the motivation and the equipment you can sand down the glass by a mm or 2 but otherwise you will have to use a rimless screen like the ones RBT use to employ. There’s a post on the stempod thread on DYI method to make rimless screens by @foggyent you can explore. It does puzzle me quite a bit that using the rimmed screens prevents a seal on your unit, I just tried those screens on my tubo stems and it sits fine:hmm:

Last edited:
I would say that depends a lot on your loading technique. Stirring definitely helps in general, but I am confused by "gets stuck in the screen". What exactly are you doing? ;)
Drawing slower also helps in general and apparently (from my latest observations) keeping the load more centered.

If you use the double basket screen method, I pop the chamber open with the pick if it's too hot and stirr with it.

When I take the bud out and stir around the screen some extra small bud comes out greenish brown. By the double screen method do you mean having a screen on the bottom to hold to bud in the glass? That's what I'm doing currently. It's worked well but it's hard to stir mid-session when the glass and screen get really hot.

madisonsquaregarden,
Reactions: leveltree

an0maly

I don’t use the basket on top of the wpa when I joint pack, really no point inverted. I use a xl8r jr with the tubo sometimes and it’s fantastic, in all honesty all my stems work really well in their own way so I usually just reach for what’s closest and clean. I have notice the spikes in the xl8r reduce the amount of tickling in my throat but the A-maze does that just as well.

@an0maly I’m sorry those screens didn’t work out, if you have the motivation and the equipment you can sand down the glass by a mm or 2 but otherwise you will have to use a rimless screen like the ones RBT use to employ. There’s a post on the stempod thread on DYI method to make rimless screens by @foggyent you can explore. It does puzzle me quite a bit that using the rimmed screens prevents a seal on your unit, I just tried those screens on my tubo stems and it sits fine:hmm:
Hmm. Maybe the glass joint is a little shorter on recent Tubo Evics? idk I'm sure I'll get it all figured out soon.

Hey, I'm using Sony VTC5A batteries with my Tubo Evic right now. Any idea if Samsung 30Q, LG HG2 or Sony VT6 are that much better that it would be worth buying new batteries? I'm not seeing much benefit other than the 400mAh difference, but I don't know much about 18650 batteries.

Azn2101

Hmm. Maybe the glass joint is a little shorter on recent Tubo Evics? idk I'm sure I'll get it all figured out soon.

Hey, I'm using Sony VTC5A batteries with my Tubo Evic right now. Any idea if Samsung 30Q, LG HG2 or Sony VT6 are that much better that it would be worth buying new batteries? I'm not seeing much benefit other than the 400mAh difference, but I don't know much about 18650 batteries.

If you look back a few pages it's all there my man and it's hard to miss cause its pretty long and a lot of people joined in. It tends to turn into a full on battery discussion Thread instead of a TUBO thread so it would just be better to re read or feel free to shoot me a PM

sickmanfraud

That's exactly what I've been noticing. Coincidentally, I just today got a RBT XL8R Junior stem in the mail. Fits perfectly on my Tubo Evic with a rimmed basket screen, although it would be better if it were longer. Guess I'll have to wait and see if the full size XL8R ever goes on sale again.

A few twists around your stem with some Teflon tape can make the stem tighter and adjust the depth your stem is away from the heater.

The tape is OUTSIDE the air path.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: an0maly

Thesilentsmoker

47691391_133844787567064_1531061512478303597_n.jpg

Hello everyone I’m looking everywhere to find the 2nd mouthpiece from the left with the blue horns.

Padriano posted a absinthe amber purple one on page 150 of this forums. Anyone know where I can purchase these 2? I really want the style of page 150 if someone could tell me that one specially I would appreciate it thanks

QTdrone

Does anyone find that they have trouble loading a pipe screen into a stem? I can't seem to get it in there snug after trying for about 15 minutes. Are there any alternatives or a particular method that you use to get the screen in correctly?

caliganja420

Does anyone find that they have trouble loading a pipe screen into a stem? I can't seem to get it in there snug after trying for about 15 minutes. Are there any alternatives or a particular method that you use to get the screen in correctly?

A standard pipe screen will not fit since its so thin it wont hold in place. I have been using a Ddave basket screen upside down and half way down the stem, and i just pack on top of it with a nice tamp

caliganja420,

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
I bend the screen over the ack of the tubo pick so that I becomes a bitofa dome, then put it in the stem sideways and use the pick the get it into place. I usually place the screen so the dome is facing the bottom of the stem, this is so I can then push on it a bit with the backside of the pick and flatten out the screen, pushing the sides out against the glass giving a good firm grip. That screen won't move until you take it out.

Monkeyhouse,

an0maly

Hey guys. A couple of weeks ago I got a pre-owned Tubo Evic from a guy in Canada. Just the other day I noticed that my stems are at a slight angle. Seems like the glass connector is a little off. Any idea if this could cause any issues with how the Tubo functions?

IMG-20190131-190554.jpg

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have to say I am really dissapointed with the management of lamart.ch. I ordered 3 weeks ago and no shipping. Today I asked and directly received a refund. At least I got my money fast but this is not how you run a business.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I have to say I am really dissapointed with the management of lamart.ch. I ordered 3 weeks ago and no shipping. Today I asked and directly received a refund. At least I got my money fast but this is not how you run a business.
Well did you know there is some waiting involved when you placed the order ?I think @funkyjunky was/is on a vacation for the month of January,you can check the thread if you like ,it is a few pages back.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic.22992/page-148#post-1337704

lamart will be closed until the end of january. orders coming in during that time will be sent out last week of january. ill take some time for firmware :ninja:

happy holidays! :science::leaf::razz:
Maybe FJ was a bit blazed and he meant end of February ?

Last edited:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I did see that and thats why I waited 3 weeks. Weird situation this one but it calmed my vas and has saved me from that impulse buy :2c::rockon:

jardri,

Azn2101

While I don't agree with you I could see the frustration in wondering why your package wasn't shipped if you didn't get the memo of him being off the month of January (which is a small amount of vacation days considering how much work every day he puts on each device)

I believe it's important to realize that one of the downsides to ordering an Artisan Vape is the wait time. I know he states wait times of building units and Im also pretty sure he says on his website that he only sends things out on certain days (I could be confused with Ed) of the week.

Patients is not one of my Strong points, but to me if the person has a good enough product than I'm more than willing to wait but that is just me.

I feel lucky to even get items off his website sometimes so I can say I feel ya but he also did say he was taking off January and that's better than just dropping off the map and going Dark right?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Azn2101 Here is my inner accountant trying to fix the numbers. Since January is CLOSED and lead time is 4 weeks ,i suspect the earliest one can expect a TUBOdrop is 4 weeks from now .. but i might be wrong. I am sure FJ will chime in soon enough and will make clear on that matter :).

Azn2101

@Azn2101 Here is my inner accountant trying to fix the numbers. Since January is CLOSED and lead time is 4 weeks ,i suspect the earliest one can expect a TUBOdrop is 4 weeks from now .. but i might be wrong. I am sure FJ will chime in soon enough and will make clear on that matter :).

That sounds about right my friend =) I really don't care when I get my accessory cause the TUBO is super functional to begin with and it helps my horrible indecisiveness have time to be more...decisive lol. I'm just figuring out if I have an extra $20 laying around to buy a short & straight MP for the TUBO among other Vapes cause they're actually very well priced for how well they're made quality wise and I like how twisting 2x A-Maze-Coolers together making like a SUPER messy looking mass of thin folded metal as a cooler but it won't fit in the Bent Stem cause of the bend lol. And the short cause it's basically a Whip adapter that doubles for a bit harsher/hotter inhaled (I hear a.d for whatever reason I like that temperature that dries your mouth haja. I also need another cork cause I made a split in mine that keeps growing but I'm not using it in the most conventional way and it's totally my fault that it's slowly falling apart lol.

Mixio

TheVaporOne

I can confirm too. ..my tubo evic after 1 year does not work...dead...but funkyjunky does not reply to my warranty request ...keep out!

Azn2101

Saw @Padriano 's attachment from @Aezhenn and saw how functional it can be and had to grab one.

Not That it's an issue but when I Screen Pack I like as little ABV dust to fall thru the screen into the lower section as possible so I not only added a Ti CCD screen at the end where the Dynavap sits to hold just a cap full but also a 14mm @DDave Basket Screen for a bit larger loads but I think the coolest part is that it can still accommodate the S&B Capsule it was designed for.

I'm still experimenting with the DDave Basket Screen pack (in the TUBO at least, I also got this to function with another Vape and it works great with all three methods) cause in order for it to work with the same feature I wanted it to do (prevent more ABV dust from falling into the heater) but I have to add the S&B Capsule on top of that for the same design feature lol.
So I might stick to this as it was designed but I've got a few S&B caps that I've punched bigger holes in on accident when trying to get material out or pry them away from things lol and will see if making slits around the inner base with aomething that looks like the Boundless stie tool but a little flatter to see if that gives it enough airflow to not feel suffocated via Omnivap.

Awesome @Aezhenn and thank you so much for the Custom Work.

Top Bottom