RobTheThrone

Any word on when there will be a long ebony wood stem available to purchase? Also how does the medium compare to the long for those that have both?

Last edited:
RobTheThrone,

Azn2101

Any word on when there will be a long ebony wood stem available to purchase? Also how does the medium compare to the long for those that have both?

Funny the way things work out. DM me I've been on a hunt for Custom glass and Wood for an Upcoming and Unreleased vape and I passed over his Ebony option for wood choice

Azn2101,

Azn2101

I'm surprised only a few Spiked stems have been spoken for.

Did I read that correctly that the screens are Installed or is that a language barrier as in the screen is "to be installed"

Edit: Padauk is a weird word to say repeatedly lol. Can't wait to see the unit @Monkeyhouse. Congratulations!

Last edited:

an0maly

Hey guys. I just got a second-hand Tubo Evic and am a little annoyed that the seller did not include any basket screens. Any idea where I can find some in the US?

an0maly,

Azn2101

Thank you.

I noticed that there is a 15mm screen inside the stem. After using my Milaana and Splinter I didn't expect to see one there. Are people packing their herb up to where that screen is? Sorry if this sounds very n00bish. Just seems like it would take a lot to pack there. lol

Yessir =D
That's part of what makes the unit so versitile. Fixed load sizes (basket screen/S&B Caps/to even WE conical like screens that fit right at the opening) and stem packing. It takes a little longer (2-3 inhales for me) for the stem to get warm for Conductive Radiative heat to kick in but it works great =)

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
@an0maly
Yes that's a way to do it :D
Fitting to greater sessions with more people. ;)

I wanted to show (for a while actually) two microdosing loading methods I like to use that I didn't see anyone else try.
LHkEuyZ

(or link here, I don't know if you can embed multiple images at once https://imgur.com/a/LHkEuyZ)

I squeezed from outside at a basket screen with the back of the pick.
Which is a really versatile tool, only thing is that it always lies somewhere else :doh:
(just searched 15!mins for it in one room to take the picture)
Maybe I should get a dual Tubo someday just for that :razz:

Jeah but my Tubo is worth every penny :nod:

Okay back to the loading methods.;)
The smaller basket works very well on my waterpiece of course but also with a normal stem, since material rarely falls out of that compressed "chamber".
It just gets held by the stem and inner screen.
The other method are to rimless basket screens pushing the stuff into a flat circle which also allows for fast extraction of small amounts. It's just a bit difficult to get the inner screen in a good steady position, or I use another one so they stack and stop at the flat screen.
You shouldn't inhale too fast though, then it's gonna be middle-hotspotted.
Slow draws work nicely :nod:

I noticed that indeed the centered load of the chamber method is very evenly extracted and vertical distribution (the second method) tends as I said to be uneven when fast.

What do you all think?
Have you any other methods that weren't shown before in the thread?

Oh and I wanted to add to my last post that I like the ddave stem alot but haven't tried a spiked, amaze cooler or wooden stem so far, so there might be competition when the wooden stem with amaze and spare amaze for bent stem arrives soon :cool:

Sorry for the long post.

:peace:

2hrs

Ordered, thanks for the tip

I'm curious to see what you think when you get this. I still freaking LOVE this mouthpiece with the tubo.

like the tubo works great, but with this form factor and cooling and the compact upside down use just makes this absolutely fantastic because I always kinda have some OCD about getting debris falling down into the heater.

It cools so well for no water. And it is collecting reclaim like a dream in the big bulb area. resting it tripod style to stir or just set it down is perfect.

I have no stake in this MP, but just trying to help my fellow vape enthusiasts out because I think this is a piece almost custom made for tubo.

I can't recommend this moutpiece enough if you like the tubo.

an0maly

How are you guys using the basket screens from Amazon that were recommended? When I use them with either my short stem or wpa, the rim of the screen seems to get in the way of the stem making a good connection/seal on the glass joint.

MonkeyTime

How are you guys using the basket screens from Amazon that were recommended? When I use them with either my short stem or wpa, the rim of the screen seems to get in the way of the stem making a good connection/seal on the glass joint.

Depending on how close it is, there are work arounds like teflon tape.

This means it's probably not the correct size joint, maybe it's a 19/22 ?

leveltree

Is there anyway to get the bud to vape more evenly? I feel like some bud gets stuck in the screen and doesn't get vaped.
I would say that depends a lot on your loading technique. Stirring definitely helps in general, but I am confused by "gets stuck in the screen". What exactly are you doing? ;)
Drawing slower also helps in general and apparently (from my latest observations) keeping the load more centered.

If you use the double basket screen method, I pop the chamber open with the pick if it's too hot and stirr with it.

Do you mean the stem with basket rim is too long for the inside space? Or its to wide and gets stuck at the inner glass?

I actually had the first problem at the beginning, so fj instructed me to carefully adjust the height of the heating tunes. It fits with 2 rims on top since.
I can dig out the description if you like. :)

leveltree,
Reactions: Azn2101

leveltree

It was actually in German :D

But basically you can hammer the tubes one by one very carefully a mm further in if you have some wood like a Chinese food stick as proxy.
The tubes are held in place by the wood circle and are quite resistant but you can adjust it like that.

I guess that holds for all Tubos not just the early ones (mine had the screen at the bottom already) but only @funkyjunky can tell for sure.
You have to be careful to not break the glass but it's doable :)
And solved the problem.

leveltree,
Reactions: Likun

an0maly

If you use the double basket screen method, I pop the chamber open with the pick if it's too hot and stirr with it.

Do you mean the stem with basket rim is too long for the inside space? Or its to wide and gets stuck at the inner glass?

I actually had the first problem at the beginning, so fj instructed me to carefully adjust the height of the heating tunes. It fits with 2 rims on top since.
I can dig out the description if you like. :)

I'm having trouble picturing how the double basket screen method would work. Any chance you could take a pic and share?

I mean that the stem with the basket rim is too long for the inside space.

Yessir =D
That's part of what makes the unit so versitile. Fixed load sizes (basket screen/S&B Caps/to even WE conical like screens that fit right at the opening) and stem packing. It takes a little longer (2-3 inhales for me) for the stem to get warm for Conductive Radiative heat to kick in but it works great =)
Hey Azn2101 - Where can I get the WE conical like screens that you mentioned? I'm guessing WE is an abbreviation for some vape, but I can't figure it out.

an0maly,
Top Bottom