Hey there, the best way to load a bowl is in the wooden capsule stem with dosing caps, its very simple and clean.
Since you got a glass stem, its a bit tricky to pack it.
The most simple way is putting a basket screen half way down the stem, and packing that screen itself and give it a little tamp so it doesnt fall out into the heater screen, which it will anyway.
Also, putting the rimmed basket screen on top, might work but my stem joint is too long and doesnt accept a top hat screen.
Tubo does not come with a bettery, you could have ordered one when you purchased, or email lamart and ask to add it in to your order and you can pay for that seperately, i highly recommend getting at least 2 18650 batteries and a dual nitecore battery charger. I have never charged my tubo thru the micro usb port

Also the short stem is good if you dont use temperatures above 380, anything higher is extremely harsh and HOT. I would ask Lamart to switch that out asap

Next time, ask your question when you are curious, very often we see people complaining about products that they have NO CLUE about

Thanks for the feedback! I think the explanation of how to load a bowl makes sense. Would you happen to have a picture of the glass stem loaded with the filters in?

For the batteries, i'll probably just order a couple 30Q batteries locally. But good call on the mouth piece, sent them an email to have that changed to the longer one since I think I will be running it around 400.

mastercaptaindolphin,
Reactions: caliganja420

caliganja420

Thanks for the feedback! I think the explanation of how to load a bowl makes sense. Would you happen to have a picture of the glass stem loaded with the filters in?

For the batteries, i'll probably just order a couple 30Q batteries locally. But good call on the mouth piece, sent them an email to have that changed to the longer one since I think I will be running it around 400.

http://imgur.com/ENaGgQY

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Placed an order recently and wondering exactly how to load a bowl on the tubo evic? Is there an image that shows exactly how to do so? Been reading up on the device and want to make sure I use it correctly when it comes.

Also, does it come with a battery? I didn't select that option when ordering.

Lastly, does anyone have experience with the short glass stem? Should I have opted for the long bent stem?

Any insight for a newb would be great!

Regarding visuals, I think I recall Troy from 420vapezone has a review of the Tubo now, as does Bud of Vape Critic. Both may help you.

Azn2101

NOOOOOOO!!!
I'm just kidding lol, 30q's aren't bad, I have the EFest equivalent and they work great but VTC5a's or VTC5d's (preferably) make the TUBO feel like a totally different animal. I dropped the Peak Wattage from 70w to 50w as a few people suggested to possibly help the longevity of the Unit or coils or something? Hell im not even sure why I dropped it down to 50w anymore but I know even 15w is enough to vaporize dry materials so I cant see the harm other than a bit slower heat up of the processs but I use a long bent with 2 A-Maze-Coolers stuffed in there to increase draw restriction but it might be different with the Short Quartz. As for going wrong with a MP you really cant, that's just preference =)

On another note im super glad I bought 2x DDave cooling stems. After starting to use my Cap Stem again the Coolers get clogged by the end of about 5 cap sessions because all the residue trickles back down when heated until it gets to another open section where the walls aren't protruding with spikes but they are really an awesome option, Thanks @DDave!

@Padriano They do make great Coffee staws or like those tubes of Honey they give you at coffee shops, Give it a good stir and off you go.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@mastercaptaindolphin
Here is my preferred load for the Tubo and other vapes using the same size stem. It's a rather stiff bowl/dome shaped screen that was originally offered by RBT, also got them from 420edc when ordering stems, not sure if he still has them. Mine is set just a tad deeper than pictured below, and you can adjust the depth to your liking. Puts the load closer to the heater, loaded with a light tamp keeps the material where it should be for at least till you need to stir. Too flimsy of a dome screen will not stay in place and will migrate southward into the deep bowl.

289wpw7.jpg

o7ncsj.jpg

@mastercaptaindolphin
Here is my preferred load for the Tubo and other vapes using the same size stem. It's a rather stiff bowl/dome shaped screen that was originally offered by RBT, also got them from 420edc when ordering stems, not sure if he still has them. Mine is set just a tad deeper than pictured below, and you can adjust the depth to your liking. Puts the load closer to the heater, loaded with a light tamp keeps the material where it should be for at least till you need to stir. Too flimsy of a dome screen will not stay in place and will migrate southward into the deep bowl.

289wpw7.jpg

o7ncsj.jpg

With this type of load, does herb get stuck inside the heating compartment? Guess it's hard to tell what is where without one in hand. But will keep this loading method in mind when it comes in!

mastercaptaindolphin,

Azn2101

caliganja420

@mastercaptaindolphin

289wpw7.jpg

o7ncsj.jpg

I would say that this is too close to the heater and tamp is a little tight? From all of the research i have done, it needs a very light tamp and the load has to be at least half inch down that joint.

caliganja420,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I would say that this is too close to the heater and tamp is a little tight? From all of the research i have done, it needs a very light tamp and the load has to be at least half inch down that joint.

Woah, wasn't really fishing for pointers.
Your pretty much still on the honeymoon with this thing, trying to figure things out.:p
I'm good with my technique and where the load sits.:tup:

caliganja420

Woah, wasn't really fishing for pointers.
Your pretty much still on the honeymoon with this thing, trying to figure things out.:p
I'm good with my technique and where the load sits.:tup:

No pointers lol
Ive just had a hard time with the glass stem itself and even with a firm tamp some amounts of herb fall into the heater :(
Also, packing the basket screen halfway down is a bit hard because if you touch it, it slides down even more
Guess i will stick with the capsule stem :rockon:

Edit: i tried your technique and my screens are to thin, they dont stay in place

Last edited:

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Do you know if these are Solid Wood units by chance? I know I sound like a broken record but there are few things id love more than a Exotic, Solid wood TUBO =D
"Indian rosewood - solid wood" "lacewood solid wood tubo"

Looks like.

Vapeur Rogue,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
heya!

yes indeed i am showing off on instagram big time :D

thanks @phattpiggie for cross posting! at this point, thank you very much and also to @Padriano for connecting me with this awesome source for different species of wood!

there will be one unit each day until christmas, we have 7 units still to go. link to my instagram is in the signature, or search for @lamart.ch

On another note im super glad I bought 2x DDave cooling stems.
you are mixing things here. the spiked glass inserts for capsule stems are not ddave, they are made by @davesmith. i can see where the confusion could stem from :D

Top Bottom