• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

disGRUNTled

Hop Douken, Cherry Cookies & Dave East.............First impressions of the Tubo Evic I'm loving it using on demand mode .Great flavor and gets me nice and medicated as well .
IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

MonkeyTime

Has anyone who ordered stems in this last round gotten their wood stems or a tracking number?

I didn't ship with a tracking number, but mine arrived last night. Tried them out, they cooled pretty well, both short and medium, but I was getting very whispy hits. I'll have to play with them some more and maybe do some searching backwards to see what was mentioned about technique with these.

But I got 'em and I like 'em!

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Thought I would post the second mailer I received. Regrettably, I must pass on this drop as well.

" Orders will be open from TONIGHT - SUNDAY 9th SEPTEMBER - 9PM (CEST)

USA --- 3PM (EDT) and 12PM (PST) !!

During the drop the option to create custom and checkout will be made available here:

Tubo Evic - http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_74&product_id=118

There will be a limited number of orders available (10 Tubo Evics ). There's an available stock count on the page, and the option to order will become unavailable once all of them are purchased.

The estimated build time is currently 6 weeks from the point of order.

Please contact me if you have any issues with ordering when the drop starts - and thanks for your interest!"

Vapeur Rogue,

caliganja420

So tempted to purchase it while there is a few left in stock...
But $220 + $20 shipping is outrageous

caliganja420,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
For every cent spent on the TUBO,i feel like i have received 10 times worth the service from it and FJ. Cannot be happier with it.. I just tried using Gn0me heater as a cooling stem just like the RBT does with the XLR8, it works nicely. If there is any interest i can probably make a batch ). I have added dimples to the area around the joint so screen can be placed with ease :).
qhlfy.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyTree

Finally I have my hands on my TUBOx :clap:, but unfortunately, I'm having an issue using it with my vtwo mini (updated to latest tubomyevic firmware). :(

I've set the TCR and resistance values, as per the manual, but the power seems limited to 25 Watts and I can't figure out why. In Power mode, it goes to 75 Watts just fine, which would seem to exclude a battery issue (using an lgdbhg21865). I went through all the menus and couldn't find anything that would help.

Are the settings reset with a firmware update? Are there any settings that I might have screwed up which are limiting me now? Or do I need to try another battery?

Abysmal Vapor

Finally I have my hands on my TUBOx :clap:, but unfortunately, I'm having an issue using it with my vtwo mini (updated to latest tubomyevic firmware). :(

I've set the TCR and resistance values, as per the manual, but the power seems limited to 25 Watts and I can't figure out why. In Power mode, it goes to 75 Watts just fine, which would seem to exclude a battery issue (using an lgdbhg21865). I went through all the menus and couldn't find anything that would help.

Are the settings reset with a firmware update? Are there any settings that I might have screwed up which are limiting me now? Or do I need to try another battery?
You gotta do as much clicks on the power button to set to enter edit mode,then scroll to the wattage value on the display and press + to up the limits .

Hippie

For me it's 3 clicks to get to the edit mode (flashing top left)
Then click left twice and the wattage will flash when ready for adjustment (right first then left and right to go up n down)

vonkzerd

Hello everyone. I am new tubo owner, and still trying to figure things out. I am using it mainly in cruise mode and adjusting temp on the go.
I found out it's at its best for me when placing stuff inside the rimmed basket screen. Vapor is super tasty and dense - it seems to extract very well... but there is a risk of bits falling below the heater screen. Placing the load inside the glass and closing it with rimmed basket helps, but hits are much wispier if using the same amount of stuff :( Is it supposed to work this way? My guess is that I need to pack a bit more when packing directly into the stem?
I also struggle with the wooden capsule stem. I only do coarse grind and tried different loading methods and just couldn't get a proper hit... Ramping up the temp helps only a little, and even then I got device too hot message, so I had to leave it. Should I start with higher temp when using capsules?... Do you have any advices?

RelaxedNow

Hello everyone. I am new tubo owner, and still trying to figure things out. I am using it mainly in cruise mode and adjusting temp on the go.
I found out it's at its best for me when placing stuff inside the rimmed basket screen. Vapor is super tasty and dense - it seems to extract very well... but there is a risk of bits falling below the heater screen. Placing the load inside the glass and closing it with rimmed basket helps, but hits are much wispier if using the same amount of stuff :( Is it supposed to work this way? My guess is that I need to pack a bit more when packing directly into the stem?
I also struggle with the wooden capsule stem. I only do coarse grind and tried different loading methods and just couldn't get a proper hit... Ramping up the temp helps only a little, and even then I got device too hot message, so I had to leave it. Should I start with higher temp when using capsules?... Do you have any advices?

I start at 390F with the capsules. IIRC, it worked ok at lower temps, but I settled on this temperature some time ago. I run a warmup cycle, then cruise with manual temperature adjustments up to 400-420. No water.

All I know for certain is that I get massive vapor volume, I’m comfortable with the level of heat, and the flavor is good. Of course, this is with the LONG wood stem. This is also foolproof for sharing, as it requires zero draw technique. However, I do have to caution first-timers if they’re taking a lung-expanding rip. Wouldn’t want to see anybody’s lungs explode, ya know.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
After a 9580 mile / 15,417 km roundtrip, my precious K2SO has returned home.
New glass installed, fresh exoskeleton strapped on, painted up and he is back in service.
Thanks @funkyjunky for fixing him up proper. :bowdown:

Pics:
Good as new!
zn7tcx.jpg

The tearful reunion sesh:
95r0w3.jpg

Nice!

I am finally going to send mine back in for a checkup now that things have calmed down over here, no more trips and visitors. So get ready @funkyjunky to have another from the second run ever come home soon :tup:

vonkzerd

I start at 390F with the capsules. IIRC, it worked ok at lower temps, but I settled on this temperature some time ago. I run a warmup cycle, then cruise with manual temperature adjustments up to 400-420. No water.

All I know for certain is that I get massive vapor volume, I’m comfortable with the level of heat, and the flavor is good. Of course, this is with the LONG wood stem. This is also foolproof for sharing, as it requires zero draw technique. However, I do have to caution first-timers if they’re taking a lung-expanding rip. Wouldn’t want to see anybody’s lungs explode, ya know.

Alright, I see... After some thorough testing I conclude it was a mixture of bad temp and bad drawing technique as I managed to get some real good extraction from capsules without getting tubo to overheat. :)
Still, short stem gets quite hot after a while. Other than that, the tubo itself is a pure joy to use. Wrecks anything you throw at it :spliff: I love how it lets one get high in so many ways :brow: Convection rules!

IckiestOfTheSticky

I had this same issue when I got mine almost a year ago. For me, I liked the vapor quality better out of the rimmed basket screen rather than in between the basket and the inner screen. I almost immediately started packing the rimmed basket screen only after I wasn't really liking the whispy hits and found myself using much more that way also. Packing the basket had me use quite a bit less, and better extraction, as you eluded to. I can say that after nearly a year, I still do this, and I've never had to take out my heater screen and clean it in any way whatsoever. I pack the basket tight enough that it doesn't really lose much, if so it's just a little bit here and there, and I can blow it out afterwards or use a toothpick to dislodge any stuck items. Don't have a pic, but it's still really clean and not clogged at all. Super surprised at this, as I had the same fears you do.

I've since picked up a short wooden stem (just a couple weeks ago now) and have started using the dosing capsules. These are great because nothing can fall out, and it's stealthy and quick to change. Still figuring them out, as I'm getting some whispy hits I think due to the stem not really fitting tightly at all, just kinda sitting in there loosely. I end up holding it down and against one of the sides to accommodate for the fit, which seems to do okay. I've never received a device overheating message, I do the same ramping temperature w/ warmup that I do for the glass stem. Starts at 350 and ends at 390 or 395 I believe. I find I get the best hits if I take longer draws.

Abysmal Vapor

I read on reddit that you can get a power adapter for the Tubo and run it on wall power. Do any of you know if this is the case, and if so, how I’d go about getting one?
http://shop.lamart.ch/
For the power adapter you can either DIY with Meanwell RSP 4-200 or ask the maker directly to make you one. Have in mind these are heavy bitches and would effect shipping cost.
I suggest ordering just the Housing for the PA and the battery dummy with door and get the meanwell locally if possible :).

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Hey tubo family, caught up after being absent for some weeks. :rockon:

Recently many more people got to use my Tubo and it still amazes at first-encounters! ;)

I love it's versatility and use the multiple ways often, but I have one question since ~half a year: can I somehow get the chip temperature shown while cruising/tempstepping... ?
This would be really useful and there is this TCR 185 line I don't ever change/use.

Thought it was possible before, in some update the chip temp was no longer displayed.

I hope to be able to pick up a wooden stem soon and get a PA housing :rockon:

Have a good vape and stay healthy folks! :peace:

Top Bottom